RUNE KING THOR vs DORMAMMU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
id like to see this one. i think dormammu will still win.

Mider
dormammu needed a boost from his sis to fight eternity can RKT do that?

Cosmic Flame
He didn't need it the first time he fought Eternity. I think the dread one would take it as well.

joesha28
Dormammu is a very high level magical being. RKT is said to be 2 notch lower to Galactus. Which mean Dormammu might win 5.5/10

Rols
Dormammu would take it, someone who can challenge Eternity and nearly win.

JohnR
Dormammu is a Dr. Strange villain. Rune King Thor is greater than Odin, Surtur, and Those Who Sit in Shadow (or whatever they're called).

Hmmm. Dr. Strange villain or beyond skyfather level being? Tough call...

Mider
yeah tough call for a fanboy, hmm guy who can fight eternity vs guy who would get slaped by galactus hmmm yeah tough indeed. And why do you talk about dr strange like he's a chump i mean yeah i guess he is all he did was beat up on death, negate the odin force, if it wasnt for loki thor would have gotten beaten, strange also is an avatar of eternity, also fights dormammu guy who fought eternity remeber? Dr strange even defied the LT even though the LT is a chump i put him a little bit above eternity or equal to, point being dr strange with proper prep can beat even king thor.

Crease
Dormammu, like everyone else who rules a dimension in MU would be nigh-unbeatable in his own dimension. Outside he's proobably slightly more powerful than Surter (pure speculation, don't start wining) and RKT would probably win 7,8/10.

MJOILNIR
Hard to take in his own dimension but outside rtk takes the majority Id say. Honestly its kinda hard to judge rtk right now, but remember one thing he broke the skien of the fates. Im hard pressed to believe Dormammu could do that. In fact its hard to believe almost anyone doing that. If you understand anything about norse mythology you can appreciate the gravity of that feat. Even Odin, surter and Ymir were subject to the fates. Obviously Thor wasnt.

Mider
so where did dormammu almost defeat eternity in or out of his dimension oh and i dont think it makes any diffrence if he is or out of his dimension i havent heard that his powers have any connection, i dont think he's like mephesto who has a connection to his dimension like that where he is super powerful there.

MJOILNIR
If Im not mistaken he dosnt even rule the dark dimension anymore, Clea does. Dormammus powers are directly related to worship of his followers. The more worship he recieves the more power he has. Id say since he dosnt have the worship of the dark dimension anymore his powers are somewhat less than they once were.

JohnR
Originally posted by Mider
yeah tough call for a fanboy,

You do know that calling someone a fanboy is considered prima facie evidence of fanboyism?

I never said he was a chump. Those are your words, not mine. Read my post again.

Strange negating the Odin force is a half-truth at best. He negated the Odin force by using an artifact powered by a council of skyfathers.

MJOILNIR
Strange negating the Odin force is a half-truth at best. He negated the Odin force by using an artifact powered by a council of skyfathers.
Thats true and a fact that many seem to ignore. Proof in itself that Strange couldent do it alone.

Mider
you did make it seem like strange was a chump did you not? like i said strange fended off death, also is a avatar of eternity which gives him a level of immortality, as well as defied the LT, sounds like PIS that he couldnt negate the odin force by himself why cause he's done other things that are just as big, fighting off death using major spells summening alot of power from the vishanti, and defieing LT who is equal to or a little bit above eternity, king thor doesnt come close to any of these feats.

Xplosive
yeah tough call for a fanboy, hmm guy who can fight eternity vs guy who would get slaped by galactus hmmm yeah tough indeed. And why do you talk about dr strange like he's a chump i mean yeah i guess he is all he did was beat up on death, negate the odin force, if it wasnt for loki thor would have gotten beaten, strange also is an avatar of eternity, also fights dormammu guy who fought eternity remeber? Dr strange even defied the LT even though the LT is a chump i put him a little bit above eternity or equal to, point being dr strange with proper prep can beat even king thor.

Dr. Strange defeated Dormammu on more occasions, although it was known that Dormammu is far vastly more powerful than Dr. Strange.
Dr. Strange did far more as he was capable. He did more than he should on his own.

as well as defied the LT.

Something that should never happen, actully should never been even close to happen.
Why Marvel likes Dr. Strange to write him like that, I don't know. I mean, he is a ****ing joke to Living Tribunal, far...far less to LT than ant to human.

Mider
and you think that thor stopping time is right? Since when is one earth skyfather who cant even hurt the celestials suppose to have power over all time that he can snap his fingers and reverse it he isnt even essential to the universe, and magic is the bipassing of natural laws its very hard but none the less possible to mess with the LT even if your just dr strange the LT isnt the spectre who is both cosmic and magic, he even fended LT off a little bit when they first met, strange did what he did with death cause he had to use major spells using alot of power of the vishanti, and when it came to dormammu i dont know what to tell you there are rules or something when they fight, none the less dormammu did fight eternity for a while thor shouldnt be able to do that even in thanos the end the skyfathers where like ants to the cosmics they asked the cosmics for help.

MJOILNIR
We dont have a lot of feats from Rune King Thor. We can all pretty well agree that the magic of the runes is very,very strong. Dr.Strange aside, Dormammu is a very powerful sorcerer but he's been defeated Many times by one not nearly as powerful as his self. Dormammu, though powerful is not a cosmic character, not in my opinion anyway. All we really have to go on for RTK is that he destroyed Mangon with a single word and defied the fates, broke thier skien and defied the ones who set above. The Odin force and Rune magic I believe is to much for Dormammu to handle.

JohnR
you did make it seem like strange was a chump did you not?

Nope. I didn't think that Thanos was a chump when he lost to Odin and I wouldn't think Strange was a chump for losing to RKT. A character doesn't become a chump just because he/she isn't as powerful.

I think Dr. Strange is very powerful, but at best he's around Loki's level (or maybe a bit above) without outside help. He wasn't on the same level of power as King Thor let alone Rune King Thor.

No one knows the full extent of Rune King Thor's power. It seemed very high to me. I had the impression that Surtur was no longer a major challenge for him and it's fairly well established that Odin and Surtur are peers in power.

joesha28
Originally posted by JohnR
Nope. I didn't think that Thanos was a chump when he lost to Odin and I wouldn't think Strange was a chump for losing to RKT. A character doesn't become a chump just because he/she isn't as powerful.

I think Dr. Strange is very powerful, but at best he's around Loki's level (or maybe a bit above) without outside help. He wasn't on the same level of power as King Thor let alone Rune King Thor.

No one knows the full extent of Rune King Thor's power. It seemed very high to me. I had the impression that Surtur was no longer a major challenge for him and it's fairly well established that Odin and Surtur are peers in power.

Cosign...

Mider
you obviously dont know stranges feats then, with prep he'd beat king thor, and dormammu was once gonna change the entire face of the world wasnt he? how is he not a near cosmic threat if he fought eternity? He doesnt get stronger if he's in his own dimension so there is no point in bringing up that defense.

Xplosive
and you think that thor stopping time is right? Since when is one earth skyfather who cant even hurt the celestials suppose to have power over all time that he can snap his fingers and reverse it he isnt even essential to the universe, and magic is the bipassing of natural laws its very hard but none the less possible to mess with the LT even if your just dr strange the LT isnt the spectre who is both cosmic and magic, he even fended LT off a little bit when they first met, strange did what he did with death cause he had to use major spells using alot of power of the vishanti, and when it came to dormammu i dont know what to tell you there are rules or something when they fight, none the less dormammu did fight eternity for a while thor shouldnt be able to do that even in thanos the end the skyfathers where like ants to the cosmics they asked the cosmics for help.

Ok, but when Thor will reverse, stop time, it won't have any affect on high cosmic beings, he can't defie them.

you obviously dont know stranges feats then, with prep he'd beat king thor, and dormammu was once gonna change the entire face of the world wasnt he? how is he not a near cosmic threat if he fought eternity? He doesnt get stronger if he's in his own dimension so there is no point in bringing up that defense.

Dr. Strange on his own will loose terribly against Rune King Thor, terribly.

About Dormammu vs. Rune King Thor, I don't know, I know that RKT cannot challenge Eternity, not even close.
So, about higher power level, Dormammu should be higher, since he went toe to toe against Eternity, something RKT shouldn't be able close to do.

Big Sexy
In what comic did Dormamu take on Eternity?

leonheartmm
dr starnge has repeatedly beaten dormammu.

MJOILNIR
I dont think taking on eternity is grounds for a automatic win. Thiers all kinds of characters who could take him on and lose just like Dormammu did. It was impressive but then again"regular" Thor has taken on the celestials and galactus and held his own for a while. In fact he made galactus run and broke a celestials armor. So if classic Thor can do that what could a Thor a hundred times(or more) powerful do??

Big Sexy
Arent the Gods of the Asgardian Gods celestial level.

Mider
no there not, havent you seen the comic where all the gods put there power in the destroyer and lost badly, and regular thor going up against celestials or galactus is pur PIS galactus is above the celestials and not even all the gods when they put there power together hurt even one celestial.

MJOILNIR
And Dormammu going against eternity isnt pure PIS?? No difference its comics, thats just the way it is. We may not like it or agree with it but these things happen in comics. We do not know the power of the gods of the asgardians(The ones who set above), they made one appearence and thier not the ones that animated the destroyer armor, Odin did.

Big Sexy
no there not, havent you seen the comic where all the gods put there power in the destroyer and lost badly, and regular thor going up against celestials or galactus is pur PIS galactus is above the celestials and not even all the gods when they put there power together hurt even one celestial. Because on thor dissassembled their mentioned as celestials.

leonidas
there is some indication that dormmy is on par with odin (they played chess and were seen as equals on opposite sides). is rkt above skyfather? if so, without prep, i'd say he would be above dormmy as well.

MJOILNIR
Well most people consider him more powerful than Odin since he stopped the cycle of ragnarok, something Odin couldent do. Honestly its kinda hard to say IMO. For the most part he is considered more powerful because of the Odinforce and Rune magic.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Well most people consider him more powerful than Odin since he stopped the cycle of ragnarok, something Odin couldent do. Honestly its kinda hard to say IMO. For the most part he is considered more powerful because of the Odinforce and Rune magic.

Rune King Thor, and King Thor are more powerful than Odin. When Thor killed Desak In The Mighty Thor v2 #50, Loki stated that not even Odin could have accomplished that feat. This implies that Thor is in fact more powerful than Odin.

Soujaboy

You just don't get that when Dr.Strange had prep he failed to defeat King Thor. King Thor without prep and without the odinforce, killed Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Captain America, Vision. Dr.Strange was killed by Loki, who's powers are far less that Thor's.

TheKahn
and you think that thor stopping time is right? Since when is one earth skyfather who cant even hurt the celestials suppose to have power over all time that he can snap his fingers and reverse it he isnt even essential to the universe, and magic is the bipassing of natural laws...

Actually "stopping" time isn't as far-fetched as one would image, even going by real world physics. In short, according to Einstein there is no constant or preferred frame of reference from which "time" can be measured or observed in the universe. Thus what we experience as time is relative to the speed at which we are traveling. The reason this seems counter intuitive is that the discrepancies that this produces are minuscule until you reach a substantial fraction of the speed of light. For every day purposes time is constant throughout our world, but again this is technically incorrect.

A practical example would be the following: Take two individuals who each have a clock and leave one on the planet earth and have the other enter a rocked ship that can accelerate to a significant fraction of the speed of light. Now assume that the two are able to somehow observe the clock that the other has, what would they see? Einstein says that when the person on the rocket ship looks at the clock on Earth he would see the hands flying around the fact at a remarkable speed, while the person on Earth would see the clock on the rocket ship barely moving. Both of these observations of time would be "correct."

All Thor would have to do is simply alter the reference frame from which he is viewing the earth to effectively stop time (at least from his point of view). Or it could just be magic.

leonidas
but typically when time is 'frozen' it appears frozen in all frames of reference.

so, yeah -- i'm guessing it's prooly the magic . . . big grin

TheKahn
Originally posted by leonidas
but typically when time is 'frozen' it appears frozen in all frames of reference.

so, yeah -- i'm guessing it's prooly the magic . . . big grin

Not necessarily. Typically, the observer seems to experience "normal" time and we don't get to necessarily see if the slowing down of time is a universe wide phenomena.

Meh...it probably is the magic velho

leonidas
well . . . if it was frozen for the person doing the freezing, it wouldn't be much good, would it . . .? sad

TheKahn
well . . . if it was frozen for the person doing the freezing, it wouldn't be much good, would it . . .? sad

Unless that person is Iceman...shifty

leonidas
doh

TheKahn
doh

sailor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.