Battle of the MOVIES II: Casablanca VS Gone with the Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lörd Sorgo
http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/casablanca-DVDcover.jpg

CASABLANCA, 1942

Movie Storyline description provided by IMDB.

In World War II Casablanca, Rick Blaine, exiled American and former freedom fighter, runs the most popular nightspot in town. The cynical lone wolf Blaine comes into the possession of two valuable letters of transit. When Nazi Major Strasser arrives in Casablanca, the sycophantic police Captain Renault does what he can to please him, including detaining Czech underground leader Victor Laszlo. Much to Rick's surprise, Lazslo arrives with Ilsa, Rick's one time love. Rick is very bitter towards Ilsa, who ran out on him in Paris, but when he learns she had good reason to, they plan to run off together again using the letters of transit. Well, that was their original plan....

VERSUS

http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/gone-with-the-wind-DVDcover.jpg
GONE WITH THE WIND, 1939

Movie Storyline description provided by IMDB.

Scarlett is a woman who can deal with a nation at war, Atlanta burning, the Union Army carrying off everything from her beloved Tara, the carpetbaggers who arrive after the war. Scarlett is beautiful. She has vitality. But Ashley, the man she has wanted for so long, is going to marry his placid cousin, Melanie. Mammy warns Scarlett to behave herself at the party at Twelve Oaks. There is a new man there that day, the day the Civil War begins. Rhett Butler. Scarlett does not know he is in the room when she pleads with Ashley to choose her instead of Melanie.

BackFire
Casablanca

DeVi| D0do
If I'm being completely honest... I haven't seen either... messed

Revernd Maynard

MildPossession
Not two of my favourites, but would rather watch Casablanca over Gone With The Wind everytime.

DarkWizard
Casablanca

bakerboy
Both are two of my favourite movies, and two of the greatest films ever, but i choose Gone with the wind because all the people is choosing casablanca.

Solo
Gone with the Wind doesn't come close to Casablanca.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
If I'm being completely honest... I haven't seen either... messed

Same here sad

I was looking forward to giving my input on the next movie battle too... damn.

Da preacher
Gone with the wind.

T.M
Casablanca hands down IMO.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Same here sad

I was looking forward to giving my input on the next movie battle too... damn.

Just PM me.

fini
I like both, but I only saw Gone with the Wind recently and it was good, really good

theres no comparison I say, those are what movies should be

production469
Gone With the Wind

forumcrew
Originally posted by Solo
Gone with the Wind doesn't come close to Casablanca.
yes

wonner
Casablanca definitely!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Casablanca...

I'm always going to choose Bogart ftw, he owns.

Holla

Lörd Sorgo
Wow . . . Casablanca's just rakin' it in, eh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.