KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Battle of the MOVIES II: Casablanca VS Gone with the Wind

Battle of the MOVIES II: Casablanca VS Gone with the Wind
Started by: Lörd Sorgo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Battle of the MOVIES II: Casablanca VS Gone with the Wind

(please log in to view the image)

CASABLANCA, 1942

Movie Storyline description provided by IMDB.

In World War II Casablanca, Rick Blaine, exiled American and former freedom fighter, runs the most popular nightspot in town. The cynical lone wolf Blaine comes into the possession of two valuable letters of transit. When Nazi Major Strasser arrives in Casablanca, the sycophantic police Captain Renault does what he can to please him, including detaining Czech underground leader Victor Laszlo. Much to Rick's surprise, Lazslo arrives with Ilsa, Rick's one time love. Rick is very bitter towards Ilsa, who ran out on him in Paris, but when he learns she had good reason to, they plan to run off together again using the letters of transit. Well, that was their original plan....

VERSUS

GONE WITH THE WIND, 1939

Scarlett is a woman who can deal with a nation at war, Atlanta burning, the Union Army carrying off everything from her beloved Tara, the carpetbaggers who arrive after the war. Scarlett is beautiful. She has vitality. But Ashley, the man she has wanted for so long, is going to marry his placid cousin, Melanie. Mammy warns Scarlett to behave herself at the party at Twelve Oaks. There is a new man there that day, the day the Civil War begins. Rhett Butler. Scarlett does not know he is in the room when she pleads with Ashley to choose her instead of Melanie.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 08:53 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Casablanca

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 08:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

If I'm being completely honest... I haven't seen either... messed

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 11:33 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lörd Sorgo

CASABLANCA, 1942

In World War II Casablanca, Rick Blaine, exiled American and former freedom fighter, runs the most popular nightspot in town. The cynical lone wolf Blaine comes into the possession of two valuable letters of transit. When Nazi Major Strasser arrives in Casablanca, the sycophantic police Captain Renault does what he can to please him, including detaining Czech underground leader Victor Laszlo. Much to Rick's surprise, Lazslo arrives with Ilsa, Rick's one time love. Rick is very bitter towards Ilsa, who ran out on him in Paris, but when he learns she had good reason to, they plan to run off together again using the letters of transit. Well, that was their original plan....

VERSUS

GONE WITH THE WIND, 1939

Scarlett is a woman who can deal with a nation at war, Atlanta burning, the Union Army carrying off everything from her beloved Tara, the carpetbaggers who arrive after the war. Scarlett is beautiful. She has vitality. But Ashley, the man she has wanted for so long, is going to marry his placid cousin, Melanie. Mammy warns Scarlett to behave herself at the party at Twelve Oaks. There is a new man there that day, the day the Civil War begins. Rhett Butler. Scarlett does not know he is in the room when she pleads with Ashley to choose her instead of Melanie.
Casablanca...

I'm always going to choose Bogart ftw, he owns.

One little spark...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 03:16 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not two of my favourites, but would rather watch Casablanca over Gone With The Wind everytime.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Casablanca

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:31 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Both are two of my favourite movies, and two of the greatest films ever, but i choose Gone with the wind because all the people is choosing casablanca.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 05:25 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Gone with the Wind doesn't come close to Casablanca.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 05:52 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
If I'm being completely honest... I haven't seen either... messed

Same here sad

I was looking forward to giving my input on the next movie battle too... damn.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 06:43 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Gone with the wind.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 07:25 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Casablanca hands down IMO.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 07:36 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Same here sad

I was looking forward to giving my input on the next movie battle too... damn.

Just PM me.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 08:06 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I like both, but I only saw Gone with the Wind recently and it was good, really good

theres no comparison I say, those are what movies should be

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:47 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
production469
Double Image

Gone With the Wind

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:01 AM
production469 is currently offline Click here to Send production469 a Private Message Find more posts by production469 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Solo
Gone with the Wind doesn't come close to Casablanca.

yes

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:03 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wonner

Casablanca definitely!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 07:45 AM
wonner is currently offline Click here to Send wonner a Private Message Find more posts by wonner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Casablanca...

I'm always going to choose Bogart ftw, he owns.

Holla

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 12:26 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow . . . Casablanca's just rakin' it in, eh?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:43 PM