Namor vs Thor (without hammer) in the ocean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
This is sort of a spin off of the Herc Thor fight.

I give Namor 9/10. Any takers?

jrodslam
Namor wins the majority.

Betageuze
if Thor stalmated Hercules in a fist fight....

i dont see a chance for the Submariner to win this.....

on the other hand....

in the sea..... Namor has beaten the Hulk

so.. this would be a great fight

jrodslam
Namor also stalemated Herc in a fist fight.....Well not entirely a fist fight(Herc used a boulder and Namor used a tree).

In water WITH the hammer Namor had a slight advantage over Thor. Without it, Namor wins even moreso imo.

DarkCrawler
I'd too actually say that in the ocean, Namor takes majority. He has shown to be able to hurt Thor with his punches. In ocean, he has a major speed advantage. And he will heal pretty much instantly.

Betageuze
but in the Namor - Herc fistfight... i saw a little advantage for Hercules

i believe... on land.. Hercules is the stronger of the two....

with Mjolnir... i dont think Namor has a chance againt Thor... even in water......

Thor is more agil than Hulk in water

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Betageuze
but in the Namor - Herc fistfight... i saw a little advantage for Hercules

i believe... on land.. Hercules is the stronger of the two....

with Mjolnir... i dont think Namor has a chance againt Thor... even in water......

Thor is more agil than Hulk in water

But Namor is more agile then Hulk AND Thor in water.
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/4816/namorvsthor48yh.gif

The amount of people who are more maneuverable in water then Namor can be counted with one hand. Thor isn't one of them.

paolo2143
close call underwater fist fight could go either way on land thor wins every time,the sub mariner has always held thor in very high regard

JohnR
I'm not sure of the point of this fight. Namor has a super-human swimming ability, while Thor does what? Float? Swim slowly?

Namor should be able to win against a hammerless Thor underwater. Unless Namor is stupid enough to get into a grapple against Thor, he should win. If he tries to out-muscle Thor, though, he's going to lose.

badabing
Namor wouldn't be an easy fight for Thor on land. In the ocean Namor should take 9/10.

meep-meep
Originally posted by JohnR
I'm not sure of the point of this fight. Namor has a super-human swimming ability, while Thor does what? Float? Swim slowly?

Namor should be able to win against a hammerless Thor underwater. Unless Namor is stupid enough to get into a grapple against Thor, he should win. If he tries to out-muscle Thor, though, he's going to lose.

I don't know about that. In the Ocean Namor's strength increases maybe exponentially. Thor is definitely in the exculsive top ten strength category for non cosmic heroes and villian alike but in the Ocean Namor is King.

JohnR
I don't see it that way. Hercules proved to be stronger than Namor underwater, so I expect the same would be true of Thor.

jrodslam
Hercules "proved" to be stronger than Namor underwater? When was this?

aliveinboston
Originally posted by JohnR
I don't see it that way. Hercules proved to be stronger than Namor underwater, so I expect the same would be true of Thor.

It's not about strength, its about leverage. Thor is always stronger, but underwater, Namor has leverage, while Thor doesnt, so, Namor wins.

Psyquis52
Namor feeds Thor some bad sushi and Thor leaves for the local ER to get his stomach pumped.

mighty adam
namor wins 10/10 in water. in the mu namor is a god in water.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam

It was some fight against some things who blasted the Avengers (In Avengers comic). Hercules was resisting those blasts better then Namor.

I think that Hercules is stronger then Namor physically, underwater or not. So is Thor.

So is Hulk. Namor has still punked his ass three times underwater.

Underwater, Namor is faster, more maneuverable, more experienced and has way more different ways of attacking then any of them do. But yes, they are physically stronger. Strength, however, isn't a problem for Namor, as he has shown many times.

Namor has already defeated Hercules in water too, by the way.
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/363/namorfeat1169jx.gif

He has the Cosmic Cube, and he only uses it to create water. What a straightfoward guy. That also shows how noble Namor is...

Thunderstrike
because he's a pimp. big grin

JohnR
Originally posted by jrodslam

It was the scan DarkCrawler mentioned. What the scan showed was that Namor was totally immobilized, but Hercules was able to use his strength to over come it.

juggernaut66666
Namor

roughrider
It's been shown Namor has the advantage over most opponents in the ocean. Thor, without mjolnir, has a much reduced chance of victory. However, he can still call down the lightning without his hammer - as shown in Thor:Blood Oath - and Namor could get fried if he's too close to Thor.

DarkCrawler
Namor is immune to lighting...

How can you forget that, heathen!! mad

stick out tongue

roughrider
What'cho talkin' about? stick out tongue

The lightning took out Hercules.
If mystic lightning doesn't affect Namor, prove it. You're the scanmaster.

You pulled out that Robocop/Terminator scan just minutes after I posted in the other thread.

DarkCrawler
I thought that Thor's lightning is normal lightning, since he doesn't create it from nothing, but commands the weather and calls it down the skys. I've seen some scans where it acts like normal electricity, such as Thor starting someone's heart with it. What are it's mystical properties that make it different from normal lightning?

roughrider
Not that it should matter, because I think Namor is vunerable to regular lightning. But Thor's lightning has been referred to as coming from a pure, divine source - Godly energy - and is thus WAY more potent that lightning created from the atmosphere. Thousands of times more.

DarkCrawler
?

Namor isn't vunerable to regular lightning. His body can discharge electricity like nothing. Hell, there is electricity running through his body all the time.

Thor's lightning might work, though.

streekz
i like that name the scanmaster...laughing out loud
dc that your nic name now?? scanmaster... nice.
i think this match would be a stalemate, in my opinion i dont know of anythin that can be used to defeat namor (yet) he is underrated...
but thor is the mighty one.. i dont like to think who would win this
because to me both these characters are awesome...
they should team up...

roughrider
They only fight when someone in here decides they should. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
I know at the very least, Namor isn't immune to Killer Whales. roll eyes (sarcastic)

( I know, low blow...)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.