Apollo vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.O.T. Yahman
The King of the Sun vs The 616 Clasaic god of Thunder.

Authoritarian vs Avenger.

God vs Bent Superman (No offense meant) smile

I'll go for Apollo,due to his healing factor (I think, increased speed, and greater durability. smile

DigiMark007
Really?

Nah, Thor owns him.

I love the Authority, but a lightning bolt drains Apollo's charge. One of those, and Cap could beat him.

Beyond that, Apollo at his highest charge is probably similar in power to Thor. But that's high-end Apollo vs. regular Thor. Once his charge starts to drain (it won't happen immediately, but eventually he'd start to wane a bit) Thor would have the clear advantage.

I could see him pulling off an upset (he has a few really cool feats, like lifting a skyscraper, clearing the entire moon with his heat-vision, and incinerating a bunch of super-types simply by emitting an aura of heat) but Thor still takes the majority.

S.S
Thor smokes him every single time...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Really?

Nah, Thor owns him.

I love the Authority, but a lightning bolt drains Apollo's charge. One of those, and Cap could beat him.

Beyond that, Apollo at his highest charge is probably similar in power to Thor. But that's high-end Apollo vs. regular Thor. Once his charge starts to drain (it won't happen immediately, but eventually he'd start to wane a bit) Thor would have the clear advantage.

I could see him pulling off an upset (he has a few really cool feats, like lifting a skyscraper, clearing the entire moon with his heat-vision, and incinerating a bunch of super-types simply by emitting an aura of heat) but Thor still takes the majority.

I think the lightning only had a significant effect because Apollo was drained, If he Speddblitz's him close to the sun, via Carrier doors (similar to the Captain Atom, incident), I think Apollo could definitely win. Thor will not survive a 'sterilising moon' blast. Although i do think Thor maybe quite a bit stronger. smile

Validus
Apollo has greater durability than Thor since when? Are you using low end Thor who gets hurt by bullets or high end Thor who can have a conversation in the sun? I guess the answer is obvious but it's still a bit unfair don't you think?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Validus
Apollo has greater durability than Thor since when? Are you using low end Thor who gets hurt by bullets or high end Thor who can have a conversation in the sun? I guess the answer is obvious but it's still a bit unfair don't you think?

He only survived in the sun due to an enchantment, Thor's durability is considerably overrated. smile

Validus
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
He only survived in the sun due to an enchantment, Thor's durability is considerably overrated. smile
You're considerably underrating his durability along with the rest of his powerset. You're magnifying his low end showings in an attempt to prove he's below Apollo and Superman types.

S.S
Thor's Durability is a bit Suspect but he's still way above Apollo in every aspect.

R.O.T. Yahman
You're considerably underrating his durability along with the rest of his powerset. You're magnifying his low end showings in an attempt to prove he's below Apollo and Superman types.

Apollo is at least as strong as Wonder man / Namor and Iron man. All of the previous are capable of hurting Thor. Thor has been knocked over by Ultron's and Iron man's concussive force blasts. These are powered by a nuclear reactor, which is unlikely to be capable of Illuminating the moon. King Thor was decked by a Nuke, no where near as powerful as the Moon sterilising blast. smile

Superman is far beyond Apollo in the power department. smile

DigiMark007
Apollo is at least as strong as Wonder man / Namor and Iron man. All of the previous are capable of hurting Thor. Thor has been knocked over by Ultron's and Iron man's concussive force blasts. These are powered by a nuclear reactor, which is unlikely to be capable of Illuminating the moon. King Thor was decked by a Nuke, no where near as powerful as the Moon sterilising blast. smile

He didn't sterilize the moon all at once. Yeah, it has an impressive spread effect, but he covered it over a period of time...not with one all-consuming blast. A nuke is definitely more powerful than Apollo's heat vision.

R.O.T. Yahman
He didn't sterilize the moon all at once. Yeah, it has an impressive spread effect, but he covered it over a period of time...not with one all-consuming blast. A nuke is definitely more powerful than Apollo's heat vision.

Mate i read the book again this week, after reading the Ultimate Thor vs Apollo thread. Its implied that he does it in one go. smile

Validus

You'll have to show me where I said Apollo wasn't capable of hurting Thor but that still doesn't change the fact that you're highlighting Thor's low end feats and placing him against Apollo at his best. It's like me using the time Superman got knocked for a loop by an exploding gas station as evidence he's below Gladiator and Majestic.

Classic Thor has taken nukes without blinking an eye. Classic Thor has stood up to Firelord and Ghost Rider without taking visible damage. Classic Thor absorbed Phoenix's telepathic flame and KO'd her with it.

What happens when you put high end Thor against high end Apollo?

S.S

This......bangin

DigiMark007
Mate i read the book again this week, after reading the Ultimate Thor vs Apollo thread. Its implied that he does it in one go. smile

From any vantage point, he can't even see the whole moon. Hell, if he's anywhere within a couple hundred yards of the surface, he's only seeing a fraction of it. It's literally impossible for him to cover it all at once.

I realize it's not explicitly shown one way or the other, but it's just common sense that he wouldn't be able to.

R.O.T. Yahman
You'll have to show me where I said Apollo wasn't capable of hurting Thor but that still doesn't change the fact that you're highlighting Thor's low end feats and placing him against Apollo at his best. It's like me using the time Superman got knocked for a loop by an exploding gas station as evidence he's below Gladiator and Majestic.

Classic Thor has taken nukes without blinking an eye. Classic Thor has stood up to Firelord and Ghost Rider without taking visible damage. Classic Thor absorbed Phoenix's telepathic flame and KO'd her with it.

I doubt very much Thor could withstand a nuke without blinking, seeing as his more powerful incarnation was greatly perturbed.

'Classic Thor has stood up to Firelord and Ghost Rider without taking visible damage. '

Any proof to suggest that either of these flames are on par with Apollos photokinesis?

One must consider all the evidence to gain a clearer perspective of the outcome.

Any way guys, i think i need to be banned again for a while. My exams are going to suffer with the amount of time I'm spending on here.

Cheers Spider for making me the sig, and i look forward to debating with all of you again. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
From any vantage point, he can't even see the whole moon. Hell, if he's anywhere within a couple hundred yards of the surface, he's only seeing a fraction of it. It's literally impossible for him to cover it all at once.

I realize it's not explicitly shown one way or the other, but it's just common sense that he wouldn't be able to.

He's has control over Photons, and he seems to be able to emit them at any point in space and time. You see the entire moon light up, at one point. You see this from an Earth perspective. smile

Validus
Doubt all you want. It happened and thats all there is to it. For that matter King Thor wasn't disturbed by that nuke either. The only damage done was a torn shirt.

-"Any proof to suggest that either of these flames are on par with Apollos photokinesis?"

The fact that Firelord was bloodlusted as evidenced by his "Thor must die!" comments and the fact that Firelord is much stronger than Apollo is good enough for me. A bloodlusted Firelord can damage the Surfer who flies through suns to cleanse himself.

R.O.T. Yahman
Doubt all you want. It happened and thats all there is to it. For that matter King Thor wasn't disturbed by that nuke either. The only damage done was a torn shirt.

-"Any proof to suggest that either of these flames are on par with Apollos photokinesis?"

The fact that Firelord was bloodlusted as evidenced by his "Thor must die!" comments and the fact that Firelord is much stronger than Apollo is good enough for me.

Fire lord is much stronger ? .... G.S. was pretty convinced that Firelord had class 50 strength, although i spent hours disagreeing with him.

'Doubt all you want. It happened and thats all there is to it. For that matter King Thor wasn't disturbed by that nuke either. The only damage done was a torn shirt.'

See that are interpretations vary. But I'd like to see scans of the Classic Thor survivinng a nuke. smile

Validus
Fire lord is much stronger ? .... G.S. was pretty convinced that Firelord had class 50 strength, although i spent hours disagreeing with him.
Stronger in the sense that his flame does more damage than Apollo's heat attacks. I don't know about physical strength but he does have hand to hand feats against top tiers so I'm sure its better than Class 50.

R.O.T. Yahman
Stronger in the sense that his flame does more damage than Apollo's heat attacks. I don't know about physical strength but he does have hand to hand feats against top tiers so I'm sure its better than Class 50.

I agree with the second point, sorry mate im about to be banned (again), please keep the Thread going ! big grin

Validus
I agree with the second point, sorry mate im about to be banned (again), please keep the Thread going ! big grin
Do you have to get banned? You could just, not post until you're ready.

R.O.T. Yahman
Do you have to get banned? You could just, not post until you're ready.

I would If i could, but this place is worse than Coke ! smile

Soleran
Well if low end feats are the way to go Superman loses to Wolverine as long as he has just one kryptonite ring on!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.