Prince, from prince of persia VS Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
the Prince from prince of persia, he can transfom from dark to normal any time and has 5 sand tanks, he can use any skills in game.

Dante, all his weapons and skills

IMO its a tough one, the prince has all sorts of explosive skills coming out of him and the Dark prince slashes with his whip, also both princes are fast moving guys who run up walls and move with more than usal speed and ofcourse he can control time, slowing it down, rewinding it. Hes beaten giants, near godlike enemies (vizier) and those fast moving twins in near indestructable armour (simliar to the two dante fights)

Dante is self explanatery and anyone who wants to know about him can look on most threads to find out big grin

kamikz
The Prince can freeze time as well, shown in Sands of Time. I guess this is a quick draw duel between who stops time first.... Although I'm not sure about Dante, the Prince does not seem to be effected by time much, I mean, he defeated the EMPRESS of time, one who controls it pretty much..... But I'm not saying a winner......

Kaithen
Right, but where did all the Dante fan boys went in this thread?

shin_remy
Dante!!!
but it all depends on!!

cause :

if prince does timefreeze faster then dante

prince wins!!

but if dante does a kind of timefreeze faster, dante wins.

without timefreeze and all that stuff, dante would still win

Kaithen
Why would timefreeze work on Prince? He was fighting the emperos of time and won, she could controll the time she would do everything to stop him, she said that herself. And can really Dante stop the time, if the thing he use is called "Slow down time/Quicksilver..?". I mean, he never use it in gameplay and when he use it in the movie it doesnt look like he freeze it, just slow it.

shin_remy
and dante has guns, he just has to slow down or to stop time and he shoots the Prince in the head.

i still think it is a hard one, i still think ''it depends on''.... what the situation is and how the battle goes.

i think it is a stalement!!

kamikz
Yeah mabey, but I don't see where the problem is. Prince defeated the one who practically controlled time, he can stop time himself, he managed to re-write his own destiney, he defeated the Empress of Time who could read every attack he was going to make, could herself freeze, forward and rewind time. I think his medallion makes him pretty much immune vs the time and all it can effect...

shin_remy
probally

but do you think the Prince is fast enough to dodge a bullet?

before he notice it he shoot the Prince down.

and then he goes back in time and dante shoots again, and so it can continue till the sand is up from the Prince.

kamikz
He can freeze time before Dante raises his arm. If Dante would shoot before he does it, he can replay time "before" they ever met, and know exactly what he is going to do. It's not exactly like they start to exist during this battle only... If in some weird way they only exist during this duel, then the prince still would know that Dante would fire a bullet, thus dodging it and then freezing time. But the Prince does not even need to raise his hand to freeze time...
If the Prince has skill enough and is fast enough to beat someone who knows his every move I'd say he can dodge some bullets, he can also freeze the time rendering the guns (and most likley Dnate himself) useless...

shin_remy
ok you convinced me cool

i go for the prince as well now

kamikz
smokin'

Kaithen
Me to! XD

kamikz
smokin' smokin'

BlaxicanTroller
Chuck Norris would beat them both.

kamikz
Yeah probably...

MadMel
prince pwns him..he has better time powers than dante, and he defeated the empress of time, who could read his moves like a book.

Black Adam
The prince.

Stalker 360
prince and now i think about it who can beat the prince

how much would it take to kill dante how long can he stop time for long enough to kill a man who had a sword stuck threw him hmm

SpadeKing
its like an even match they can run on walls, freeze time, have a stronger side to them, but dante can take more punishment, dish more punsihment, and survived a sword to the heart

so i say him cause he will freeze up the time first

Burning thought
laughing by the looks of the poll 7 people think dante wins and by the looks of the thread almost everyone says the Prince

Anyway no other abilities come into this apart from time, with time frozen the prince can simply slice dante head off, it doesnt matter if Dante survived bullets or a sword in the chest he wouldnt survive being decapitated

Also it comes into reason how the prince works since he can defeat the empress of time who basically controls time itself and the Dahaka which is the time guardian who IMO is probly one of those undefeatable game characters that can beat anything (apart from God and Devil Ofc)

LockJaw is lol
How could I miss this one?

Dante only needs to think to stop time with QS (which it does), the Prince needs to use the dagger or his medallion, so you're wrong there BT, Thinking comes before acting. The only person of the two, I mean the dark prince has the power and weapons to have a chance against Dante, but the real prince destroyed him in the last game.

The prince by himself would need far better weapons to beat Dante.
Their acrobatic skills are about the same but Dante can jump farther are much higher.

And BT, I think you're overrating the enemies from the PFP universe a bit, the empress NEVER used any form of time controll during the fight against her roll eyes (sarcastic) do your homework. The Dahaka was only a fierce beast who had an IQ lower than a duck who only proved that it had these abilities : Time travel, make the TV screen go monochrome, send tentacles. Nothing more. The giant was a retard too, Dante fights bosses with brains

Also, since the prince doesnt know Dante is a demon, he would most likely use (and waste) a few sand tanks thinking Dante's only a human.

And If Dante happen to use his RPG or granade launcher on the prince he'd burst out in pieces and the time artifacts cant be used if they're not in contact with the user shifty

And If Dante happen to transform into a demon it would most likely be pretty hard to dehead him with a dagger erm

And for this thread... barker

LockJaw is lol
And if my calculations are correct you guys should feel pretty owned right now

kamikz
I don't really agree.

If the Prince stops time, how can Dante move? It's not Dante freezing time, it is the Prince. And the prince didn't need to touch the medal in the game, it activated itself when he wanted to, like how it protected him against sand and time itself. Even if Dante wouldn't be freezed by the Prince (which would need an explenation) then Dante would not be able to send out such things as bullets or grenades, because they would be stopped if the flow of time was stopped.....

Burning thought
lol lockjaw you fool roll eyes (sarcastic)

A. Kamikz is right, the prince needs only to think to start up his time powers, you dont really think hes actually pressing somthing on his dagger or on his chest do you all this time roll eyes (sarcastic)

B. how are dante opponents more intelligent, puppets, a dum assed phantom, which is really a fat spider who's dumb assed. Nelo Angelo and Mundus are really the only intelligent things in DMC 1, in 2 its rare to fight anything intelligent, since most of the enemies are weak and slow. The Empress of Time, the Vizier and Shadi are very intelligent especially the first two, the first two own everything in the DMC universe as intelligent apart from Mundas.

C. The Dahaka although may seem unintelligent can still WTFPWN everything in DMC universe so dont even try dissin it

D. Also why would he need better weapons, Puppets with their little weapons and other swords hurt him, the dagger of time would just go streight into Dante's brain and kill him instantly

and since Dante doesnt know the prince can control time then dante will not use his and so the prince will use his first and Dante loses

WTF PWNED laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing you probly feel pretty much owned round about now roll eyes (sarcastic)

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by Burning thought
lol lockjaw you fool roll eyes (sarcastic)

A. Kamikz is right, the prince needs only to think to start up his time powers, you dont really think hes actually pressing somthing on his dagger or on his chest do you all this time roll eyes (sarcastic)

B. how are dante opponents more intelligent, puppets, a dum assed phantom, which is really a fat spider who's dumb assed. Nelo Angelo and Mundus are really the only intelligent things in DMC 1, in 2 its rare to fight anything intelligent, since most of the enemies are weak and slow. The Empress of Time, the Vizier and Shadi are very intelligent especially the first two, the first two own everything in the DMC universe as intelligent apart from Mundas.

C. The Dahaka although may seem unintelligent can still WTFPWN everything in DMC universe so dont even try dissin it

D. Also why would he need better weapons, Puppets with their little weapons and other swords hurt him, the dagger of time would just go streight into Dante's brain and kill him instantly

and since Dante doesnt know the prince can control time then dante will not use his and so the prince will use his first and Dante loses

WTF PWNED laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing you probly feel pretty much owned round about now roll eyes (sarcastic)
Most of that are fanboyish oppinions, you dont say how just "WTFPWN".
And someone hasnt played DMC3 I see roll eyes (sarcastic) I Dante dont die if he gets a bullet to his head why then why would a dagger (which is mainly used to absorb sand from knocked out enemies and isnt effective in combat).

And someone hasnt explained how and/or why/how the **** the prince is gonna use his time artifacts if he gets blown to bits or gets shot in his head which would prevent any thought from his little mind and we all know he aint got the speed to evade it plus he doesnt anything about Dante's arsenal of guns (and magical "guns"wink.

Generic Hero
Alright, alright.

The Prince is just a gifted human who was cursed by the Sands of Time. He moves slower than Dante, he's alot weaker than Dante and he's definatly not nearly as skilled.

Can the prince "stop" time now? He could only slow it down in my game and rewind it in my game. Slowing down time doesn't last too long and burns the sand meter.

Dante tools him. He shrugs off bullets, stab wounds... the Prince wouldn't have a chance in hell if Dante pulls out DT.

If worst comes to worse; he can just shoot the Prince. A few bullets will easily do the trick.

Burning thought
actually he can stop time, read the manual, its the final time ability, the prince stops time for all his enemies for a duration, this happens in thought

Dante DOES NOT move at the speed of thought, ime afriad hes not even fast enough to stop the prince from doing that attack

then Dante gets the knife stuck in his brain and he dies instantly

end off

Burning thought
Originally posted by LockJaw is lol
Most of that are fanboyish oppinions, you dont say how just "WTFPWN".
And someone hasnt played DMC3 I see roll eyes (sarcastic) I Dante dont die if he gets a bullet to his head why then why would a dagger (which is mainly used to absorb sand from knocked out enemies and isnt effective in combat).

And someone hasnt explained how and/or why/how the **** the prince is gonna use his time artifacts if he gets blown to bits or gets shot in his head which would prevent any thought from his little mind and we all know he aint got the speed to evade it plus he doesnt anything about Dante's arsenal of guns (and magical "guns"wink.

also plz kindly say what part of that is fanboyish at all, i hardly play Prince of persia, not for years, if i wanted to make a fanboy thread id put Dante VS Diablo and pwn him completly but no, this is fair enough

still its a stalemate, its unknown which one will start his freeze time first

kamikz
Dante is damn durable, he gets a sword through his stomach and pretty much laughs about it. But how much damage can he really take? Can he stand after his head has been cut off? And the Prince weapons are indeed effective. In a pure sword/weapon battle, Dante wins easily, but with all they got, I'm inclide to say the Prince has a chance.

LockJaw is lol
Would deheading even work? I mean come on, everyone of the Sparda family has a rediculously high regenarating factor (higher than Wolverine last I checked) if they wouldnt have then Vergil would have been cut in 2 in the ending of DMC 3 but because of their regenating powers they can even still go on after getting pierced with a sword straight through their heart.

@ BT I think you can find which parts that were fanboyish very easily barker go ahead and ask a blind man.

Generic Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't last very long. To win, the Prince would have to freeze time, run up to Dante and hack like mad.

Depends on the distance. If he starts far away and freezes time immediatly, the guage'll run out before he can do some damage. If the Prince doesn't freeze ASAP, he gets absolutely pwned by bullets.

Burning thought
Would deheading even work? I mean come on, everyone of the Sparda family has a rediculously high regenarating factor (higher than Wolverine last I checked) if they wouldnt have then Vergil would have been cut in 2 in the ending of DMC 3 but because of their regenating powers they can even still go on after getting pierced with a sword straight through their heart.

@ BT I think you can find which parts that were fanboyish very easily barker go ahead and ask a blind man.

no i simply said the truth also HOW FANBOYISH ARE YOU

beheading, honestly, i think if Dante lost his head hed be dead man, he wouldnt grow his head back roll eyes (sarcastic)

Burning thought
Originally posted by Generic Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't last very long. To win, the Prince would have to freeze time, run up to Dante and hack like mad.

Depends on the distance. If he starts far away and freezes time immediatly, the guage'll run out before he can do some damage. If the Prince doesn't freeze ASAP, he gets absolutely pwned by bullets.

dante's head isnt that strong, maybe his body but that knife wont have much trouble going into his head, Dante can survive being stabbed in the chest but in the head is a completly diffrent matter

if Dante freezes time first he wins, if Prince does then he wins

LockJaw is lol
no i simply said the truth also HOW FANBOYISH ARE YOU

beheading, honestly, i think if Dante lost his head hed be dead man, he wouldnt grow his head back roll eyes (sarcastic) Ahem someone needs to start thinking why I said Vergil would be 2 halves roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read, think, THEN post stick out tongue

Also, you're not saying why I am fanboyish laughing you have to do better than that.
dante's head isnt that strong, maybe his body but that knife wont have much trouble going into his head, Dante can survive being stabbed in the chest but in the head is a completly diffrent matter

if Dante freezes time first he wins, if Prince does then he wins
The prince would need a brain before doing so, you guys proved it, self ownage right there, sorry Dante wins.

And if that's not enough for ya then how about this one? Dante duels at faaar higher speeds than the prince which would mean he thinks faster too and that of course is cuz he's a half demon.

Burning thought
thats fanboyish right there, he duels at higher speeds so he thinks faster, thats rubbish, the only reason he can duel at high speed is because of reflexes that his demonic side has given to him.

Also he wont be regenerating with his head cut right off will he laughing out loud laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) honestly you cannot win this so simply

its STILL a stalemate

and your not saying why ime fanboyish either, practice what you preach!!! stick out tongue

LockJaw is lol
thats fanboyish right there, he duels at higher speeds so he thinks faster, thats rubbish, the only reason he can duel at high speed is because of reflexes that his demonic side has given to him.

Also he wont be regenerating with his head cut right off will he laughing out loud laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) honestly you cannot win this so simply

its STILL a stalemate

and your not saying why ime fanboyish either, practice what you preach!!! stick out tongue And what the hell are reflexes controlled by? cheese?

And think again about what I said, you missed something roll eyes (sarcastic) actually the whole point laughing out loud

I only meant you were fanboyish about the Dahaka beating everyone in DMC, you didnt even say why and how, duh. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm sure he beats most of them but all he basicly does is chasing a human prince in time, it doesnt controll time, it time travels and it's a dumbass. You could have edited, I do it all the time, it's not so hard just click the "edit" buttom stick out tongue

kamikz

Well I figured since a sword came through his stomach so easily, one as good and sharp (and magical) as the Prince would probably slice through his head with similair ease, his skin isn't harder around his neck is it?

And I don't think the Prince is affected by time as long as he has his medallion. He withstood the empress of time, who controlled time. Neither was he affected when the sands spread out, but when he lost his amulet he suddenly was. It protects him against time....

Burning thought
oh yeah, i forgot that the medallion actually protects him, also from playin a bit of the prince of persia game ive realised that not only is he protected to time powers but hes able to stick his dagger into something, then it floats in the air, goes transparent and then he can disintegrate it, simply put he can do this to dante

so Dante cannot win, this is no longer a stalemate its a slaughter, poor dante stick out tongue

Also the Dahaka can pwn everything in Devil may cry because its indestructable, the only thing that can stop it is an entire ocean of water and it kills instantly by ripping you from time itself so few if any things can beat the thing, especially things from DMC

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by kamikz
And I don't think the Prince is affected by time as long as he has his medallion. He withstood the empress of time, who controlled time. Neither was he affected when the sands spread out, but when he lost his amulet he suddenly was. It protects him against time....
Then why should Dante be affected then?
That's right, he isnt, because that's what the power is all about, to be able to walk around in time freezed worldOriginally posted by Burning thought
oh yeah, i forgot that the medallion actually protects him, also from playin a bit of the prince of persia game ive realised that not only is he protected to time powers but hes able to stick his dagger into something, then it floats in the air, goes transparent and then he can disintegrate it, simply put he can do this to dante

so Dante cannot win, this is no longer a stalemate its a slaughter, poor dante stick out tongue

Also the Dahaka can pwn everything in Devil may cry because its indestructable, the only thing that can stop it is an entire ocean of water and it kills instantly by ripping you from time itself so few if any things can beat the thing, especially things from DMC
Now you say the medallion protects him?! What the f**k? It has a brain now?! How come he gets hit then? How come he's got a scar on his face? That argument doesnt hold erm If it cant really protect him, it doesnt have a brain or any sort of mind it's just him using its powers nothing more. If cant "protect" him from blades it cant protect him from bullets or rockets.
Oh, and Dante's powers have minds, they ACTUALLY protected him in DMC 3 when he first got the ability to turn into a demon and Dante in DT mode has much tougher skin.

Burning thought
Then why should Dante then?

?? why should dante what

kamikz
Then why should Dante be affected then?
That's right, he isnt, because that's what the power is all about, to be able to walk around in time freezed world
Now you say the medallion protects him?! What the f**k? It has a brain now?! How come he gets hit then? How come he's got a scar on his face? That argument doesnt hold erm If it cant really protect him, it doesnt have a brain or any sort of mind it's just him using its powers nothing more. If cant "protect" him from blades it cant protect him from bullets or rockets.
Oh, and Dante's powers have minds, they ACTUALLY protected him in DMC 3 when he first got the ability to turn into a demon and Dante in DT mode has much tougher skin.

Well I wondered if Dante could move when someone else did it. Dante can stop time with the quicksilver, but can he really withstand it without it? The Prince has shown that he can....

LockJaw is lol
He got through DMC 1 and 2, didnt he? And in DMC 3 he was still young didnt know much about his true potencial.

He got through the second one with ease btw, he hardly even blinked, I think he actually enjoyed it.

kamikz
But could anyone else there freeze time, or Dante?

Burning thought
the prince wins, argument ended, he is protected by the Medallion, the power itself that stops time is called the power of haste, it stops time and makes the prince extremely fast at the same time

the princes attack called the power of restraint freezes whoever the prince stabs while usin the power and then he can slash through him and melt him out of existance

Dante is not shown to have ANY protection against time

no one from DMC 1 and 2 can do anything with time

LockJaw is lol
the prince wins, argument ended, he is protected by the Medallion, the power itself that stops time is called the power of haste, it stops time and makes the prince extremely fast at the same time

the princes attack called the power of restraint freezes whoever the prince stabs while usin the power and then he can slash through him and melt him out of existance

Dante is not shown to have ANY protection against time

no one from DMC 1 and 2 can do anything with time
You're not very good at aswering questions are you? Or even good at reading others' posts, you havent even proved sh!t about his meddallion having enough IQ to protect anything, which it doesnt, it's only used by the princes' mind when he is in contact with it, the same thing goes for his dagger which has only proved to be effective against the sand people, not demons.

Obvious question which result in Dante's victory you have ignored totally:
How come the prince gets cut despite your "fact" that the time artifacts "protect" him? I can aswer that one for you, cuz they dont !
How the hell would the prince be able to think with a bullet in his head?
Would the prince be able to think a slitghest thought before the shot has been fired? Not likely.
Has the prince even the slightest hint of being able to dodge a bullet head on or even a rocket? NO.
Does the prince know what gun is? NO.
Does the prince know what comes out of a gun? NO.
Would his head likely be in contact with one of his time artifacts if he were to get blown to bits? NO. Would he able to use them anyway? NO.
Can the time powers be used if he's totally dead and still in contact with his artifacts? NO, the sand power runs out faster than I drink a Coke.

Unfair advantages Dante has

1. DT.
2. The ability to do what he wants in a time freezed world.
3. He's a demon.
4. Has an arsenal
5. guns...

BT, face it, the odds are against him roll eyes (sarcastic)

But could anyone else there freeze time, or Dante?
Yeah, Dante killed it, it was some crazed ghost hourse who had time controlling abilities.

kamikz
That's good, but I don't think he meant that the amulet protects him from damage, but from other time attacks.
And I don't think Dante would be fast enough to draw his gun, aim, shoot the Prince in the head, before the Prince has one single thought in his head, not even the bullet would get there fast enough. The Prince could speed up his body as hell. And he can turn back time when he is dead as well, or at least dying. If he can be speared by hundreds of pikes then turn back the time so that never happens, I think he could do it when he is shot. (But I doubt that will happen fast enough).

I will ask again, did Dante face any time stopping opponents?

And if time is freezed then Dante's projectile will only stop in the air....

Burning thought
your not listening or understanding posts either yu nutter laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

indeed kamikz is right, i meant it protects him from TIME attacks, so Dante is usless if time is frozen, Dante wont shoot the prince in the head before the prince can make one small thought of time stop

then the prince wins, dagger in head, time freeze on Dante body and then blast him from time itself

LockJaw face it the odds are against him, Dante loses blatently, he can do nothing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

rip RIP dante

LockJaw is lol
Quicksilver is just like the prince's time stopping ability it really just make him faster and make everything else look like it's not moving at all so it's not an attack, it's just support and since Dante has all his abilities that means he's got the quickheart which makes him even faster and in DT mode he gets thicker skin (and greater durability, gives him new powers) plus Alastor which make him yet even faster and makes lightning flow through his body. And wouldnt the prince wonder why a gun is pointed at him would he know it's a threat or what's gonna happen? Dante is more or less from the future, the prince is more used to dodge arrows FFS.
And if the prince would slow down time Dante would just counter that by going DT and/or use QS with everything related to speed and even the prince were to cut Dante's throat the skin and meat would just regenarate just behind his dagger (yepp, that's why Vergil didnt die in DMC3).

Dante knows just by looking at him that he's not from his era.

Dagger in head laughing he'll just take it out since similar things have happened before and regenarate, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaace do some homework.

Time freeze + blast from time?! What the f**k? Dont do drugs barker

Burning thought
the princes powers doesnt slow down time, it stops time wheras Dante doesnt stop it, just makes him faster but nothing stops a thought, its instant, what dante doesnt know is that this little human is actually powerful enough to stop time and destroy him completly with a puny dagger but all Dante see's is a little weak looking human and so ignores him, then he finds himself frozen and the prince slashes the knife into his chest, turning Dante frozen and then slashes him out of time

LockJaw is lol
OK, since you ignore my posts you shall get ignore listed, nice going eek!

LockJaw is lol
Blindman, ask Raz for some letters for blind people

Burning thought
dont post on the forum if you cant stand being defeated in a debate

LockJaw is lol
dont post on the forum if you cant stand being defeated in a debate No, you're just gving me a headache cuz you lack the ability to read, this is just my revenge, I'm so naughty happy

And now for some Benny Hill

Burning thought
i read all your posts, the only reason i go on the forums is to see what people say, if i wanted to may a fanboy thread id make Dante Vs Dahaka if i really loved POP that much or id make Diablo vs Dante because Diablo is a favoured character

there isnt one thing youve written on here that you can say i havnt read

SpadeKing
laughing by the looks of the poll 7 people think dante wins and by the looks of the thread almost everyone says the Prince

Anyway no other abilities come into this apart from time, with time frozen the prince can simply slice dante head off, it doesnt matter if Dante survived bullets or a sword in the chest he wouldnt survive being decapitated

Also it comes into reason how the prince works since he can defeat the empress of time who basically controls time itself and the Dahaka which is the time guardian who IMO is probly one of those undefeatable game characters that can beat anything (apart from God and Devil Ofc)

Dante basically beat the Demon of time blink so your point is?

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Dante basically beat the Demon of time blink so your point is? Yeah and those he beat didnt even use any time based attacks and there's nothing proving his artifacts protects him from time based attacks laughing out loud BT has some good imagination skills, I say euro And I put this wrong, he does stop time it's only in gameplay it only makes him uber fast.

NINJ4_BL4D3
huh ........... reading ....... huh

Burning thought
demon of time...........what demon of time, i hope your not reffering to that little coachmen sort of guy who flies around shooting bolts at you

and actually the princes enemies like the Empress of time can make time faster for themselves and slower for their enemies

kamikz
Well yeah the fact that the Empress could rewind time if she was loosing or dying was made useless agains the prince pretty much proves it, or how he could overcome someone he knew EXACTLY what he was going to do all the time, couldn't happen without the amulet or the dagger.....

Burning thought
xactley, although ime not sure if it actually says it in words somewhere (actually i think it does i think in the first or second game) that its obvious hes protected to time, the empress can rewind and everything with her powers and the Dahaka warps time and space around it, moving and doing strange teleportations

Dante doest fight any true time enemies, the coachmen is not really a time enemy

also it seems someone...namely Lockjaw is changing everything, it seems he doesnt like the fact Dante cannot really stop time and only speeds himself up

Also the prince can see the future so none of this "the prince wont know what a gun is" crap, hell just see the future and change it to the way he wants it, he could just stop time before the fight has even started and kill Dante before he knows whats hit him

SpadeKing
demon of time...........what demon of time, i hope your not reffering to that little coachmen sort of guy who flies around shooting bolts at you

and actually the princes enemies like the Empress of time can make time faster for themselves and slower for their enemies

uh no

xactley, although ime not sure if it actually says it in words somewhere (actually i think it does i think in the first or second game) that its obvious hes protected to time, the empress can rewind and everything with her powers and the Dahaka warps time and space around it, moving and doing strange teleportations

Dante doest fight any true time enemies, the coachmen is not really a time enemy

also it seems someone...namely Lockjaw is changing everything, it seems he doesnt like the fact Dante cannot really stop time and only speeds himself up

Also the prince can see the future so none of this "the prince wont know what a gun is" crap, hell just see the future and change it to the way he wants it, he could just stop time before the fight has even started and kill Dante before he knows whats hit him

Dante is basically immortal, if you saw the DMC3 fights he took scythes to the neck, leg, stomach, and arm at the same time, he took a sword through the heart and rose up with it still in his body, and since him and his brother has the same endurance if you saw the last fight he made a clean cut through his brother's body but it didn't split. they have uber healing powers bud

Burning thought
as if healing powers would work when time itself is frozen, and the punishment they go through isnt as bad as getting your head cut off, the head is a very vital part because it hold the brain which controls all these oh so powerful healing powers and reflexes and all the rest of it, with the brain dead and gone his head isnt going to heal back is it when the prince removes it

shin_remy
also, in pop sands of time, when i died, i still could back in time like it naver heppaned before

1. Prince stops time and slash Dante.
2. Prince can't be touched by Timeattacks,
3. If prince dies he can go back in time before Dante shot or did enything and freeze then the time!!! and kill Dante.
4, Prince can even go back in time before dante ever was born, soo where come those childish fanboy posts from ?

soo, prince wins without question

kamikz
Yup, actually the name of one of the Prince time attacks is "death revival" (shown in a trailer in POP WW, featuring POP SoT) so it pretty much describes he can do it while he is dead as long as he has sand...

SpadeKing
Dante would shoot the sand out of his bag or w/e. well he may have him beat in time attacks but not a plain sword fight

kamikz
But since when is Dante immune to time attacks? If he is not then he has already lost this fight....

In a pure sword battle, hmm. Tell me what Dante has shown in sword battles and I will consider it...

SpadeKing
But since when is Dante immune to time attacks? If he is not then he has already lost this fight....

In a pure sword battle, hmm. Tell me what Dante has shown in sword battles and I will consider it...

I didnt say he was immune to it

he can move so fast with his sword you can only see sparks from his last attack no expression

kamikz
Ok....

Well then he pretty much has this, though the Prince defeated someone who actually read his every move, knew what he was going to do next, and could speed herself up with time....

SpadeKing
he responds to every move like its nothing, his brother though is waaaay faster he can attack you from the other side of the map without it looking like he moved eek! i wish i was him sad

kamikz
Well yes I said Dante would probably win the sword fight.

The Prince has a slight chance going for him though, the fact that he was the best swordsman on the planet most likley, he defeated someone who read his moves (must be damn good and fast) and she could also speed herself up, that means she could move damn fast, probably as fast as these guys, but the Prince countered that as well....

Stalker 360
dante wins the sword fight
prince wins any other way aslong as he has time powers

how can prince reverse death when he is dead lifelessand motionless and cannot think thus him not thinking to reverse time it makes nosense anyone care to enlighten me?

kamikz
You know....I have no idea. He can't think at that time, neither can he touch the amulet or anything. I think there is something else effecting the amulet, OR it activates itself when he is dead. Who knows?

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Stalker 360
dante wins the sword fight
prince wins any other way aslong as he has time powers

how can prince reverse death when he is dead lifelessand motionless and cannot think thus him not thinking to reverse time it makes nosense anyone care to enlighten me?

yes

kamikz
Agreed.

batdude123
Dante all day long.

kamikz
Maybe you should post why, or respond to what's said above. (So the same questions doesn't get up)

batdude123
Well, the way I figure it, why would Prince of Persia's time altering powers even work on Dante? I mean Dante has fought high end angels and demons that basically can have the same effect. Dante goes demon and fries his ass, or burns him. Dante has has all those mystical weapons anyway that might counter the "rewinding" trick. erm

kamikz
But is it shown that they (the demons and stuff) have quicksilver or such capabilities?

Burning thought
the demons he fights although have fancy titles are nothing much, in DMC he fights one of the top generals of hell who is simply a big fat, dum assed spider, it even ends up killing itself in the end by smashing through the glass in a roof because he keeps jumping on it, pretty dum if u ask me. The only thing i think Dante fights thats worth a mention is Mundus who is emperor of hell but he isnt too much of a bother, all mundus is from looks is a giant statue, not much larger if at all than the big brute the prince fights in T2T and just about as slow, but he does have strong attacks, but no, Dante has nothing to repel time attacks

SpadeKing
the demons he fights although have fancy titles are nothing much, in DMC he fights one of the top generals of hell who is simply a big fat, dum assed spider, it even ends up killing itself in the end by smashing through the glass in a roof because he keeps jumping on it, pretty dum if u ask me. The only thing i think Dante fights thats worth a mention is Mundus who is emperor of hell but he isnt too much of a bother, all mundus is from looks is a giant statue, not much larger if at all than the big brute the prince fights in T2T and just about as slow, but he does have strong attacks, but no, Dante has nothing to repel time attacks

no actually his brother is the biggest challenge ermm

Burning thought
yeah smile but i meant his true 100% enemies, i dont think Vergil is that bad really, just a bit power hungry

SpadeKing
yeah smile but i meant his true 100% enemies, i dont think Vergil is that bad really, just a bit power hungry

I know try to beat his brother without quicksilver its impossible unless you have alot of health reovers and full health gauge

hyde666
I really don't see the Prince winning during this match. I have played POP sands of time and Warrior Within, and played DMC 1 and 3. Yes I understand the Prince has time altering powers but they aren't too powerful. They only last for a very limited time and according to the first post he can only do this 5 times. I also doubt he'll use all 5 of his sand tanks on time freezes too. The way I see this is The Prince will freeze time as the match starts and manages to get 3 or maybe 5 slashes with his sword (Which is nothing more then a very sharp piece steel, as opposed to Dante's arsenal of magical weapons). The Prince's blade does very little damage to Dante, seeing as that Dante can regenerate faster then like 10 Wolverines. Dante slashes at the Prince cutting him in two, the Prince rewinds time, then uses another sand tank using the power of haste. He slashes Dante up, Dante shakes it off and, (actually doesn't the power of haste use more then one sand tank?) puts a bullet in the prince's head. Oh about erasing Dante from time with the dagger, well you can only use that on the sand demons/people. You fight a human man in the end of POP sands of time and that obviously doesn't work, try it yourself, I remember I did. Another thing, Dante gets shot in the head. Shot in the head and he just wipes off the blood and walks off like nothing happened. So the dagger alone won't kill him if it gets logded in his head. All it would do is probably disable the Prince's time abilities, since Dante would probably knock the Prince across the room while the Prince is still holding onto it. Oh and the Sparda family cannot be dismembered. This is proved so many times in all of the DMC games. Dante gets a sword through his arm after the first fight with Vergil (thats why he tears off his right sleeve). Vergil gets cut in half but he doesn't split. Dante gets hand cut through as reaches for Vergil as he falls down the waterfall at the end. Dante cannot be dismembered. Thats pretty much all the Prince had going for him, freeze time cut Dante's head off, but thats not going to work.

hyde666
Oh another thing Dante can shake off time attacks. He proved he can when fought that horse thing. It wasn't much but he proved he can shake off a time attack, not that the Prince's time alters last very long anyway.

Burning thought
dude a dagger is a dagger no matter how small, also its no an ordinary piece of steel as you put it, its a powerful attack, also the only reason you cannot use it against the human is because his a boss, if you could go around doing it to bosses then it wouldnt be too hard, the game itself doesnt say it is only affective against sand people, also his time powers last long enough to get the dagger into dante's head, the princes time powers are stronger than the horsemen basically because he has two powerful time weapons in his desposal wheras the horseman only uses time powers, he isnt that tough, also dont give me rubbish about the dagger and bullets, a dagger getting pushes into your head is diffrent than a bullet, as fast as a bullet is, its still a tiny piece of metal and isnt that strong itself, wheras a dagger is very diffrent especially if its constantly being pushed, so Dante loses, now let the thread die

LockJaw is lol
And there he goes blaming it on game mechanics. The dagger hasnt proved at ANY point to be effective to anything other than sand creatures, so you cant really prove anything.

I say tie. But all Dante really needs to do is to go into quicksilver mode and just shoot the prince in his head or get close in a split second and slice his head of.
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I know try to beat his brother without quicksilver its impossible unless you have alot of health reovers and full health gauge
laughing out loud am I the only one who thinks he's not?

Rewmac
Dante wins with ease...

Burning thought
complete balls, Dante isnt that fast really, ive played DMC 1 and 2, unless he suddenly gets a major speed upgrade (which i doubt it) in DMC 3 he wont get to the prince in a split second and kill him, all the prince really has to do is freeze time and stab dante in the head deep (dont give me that bullshit about its not strong enough, its only his head FFS not an armoured helmet, demon or half demon, a knife would go into it given the right push) then with that knife in his head dante dies and loses, so prince still wins, theres no evidence you can give to say the knife is ONLY effective against sand people since it kills humans as well, also it kills the Vizier who is an almost god but yet dies from the knife

LockJaw is lol
Last time I checked the prince didnt have any time stopping powers and I on the other hand have played through both the DMC series and the Persia series roll eyes (sarcastic) You're not qualified to say sh!t about Dante's actual powers.

Sorry but you're not proving how or why a dagger to head would kill him. Also, not only does Quicksilver stop time but it makes him faster too.

I tried something today, I made the prince fall from a building, he fell to the ground, took his last breaths, died and wasnt able to wind time backwards after that. It's not scripted but it still counts, Conclusion : he cant use his time powers after death.

kamikz
My point with that was that the Prince, even when pierced with large spikes through his head, his hearth, his legs, his arms, everything, can still turn back time. So either he can't when he is dead, but then it takes a hell of a lot to take him down, not just a shot to the head then apparently.....

And actually, the Dahaka does the same thing to the Prince as the Prince does with the dagger to the sand creatures. It turns him into sands and erases him from the timeline. And since the Prince is not made of sand, but the Dahaka can still do it, means that the Prince pretty much can do it as well....

Burning thought
Last time I checked the prince didnt have any time stopping powers and I on the other hand have played through both the DMC series and the Persia series roll eyes (sarcastic) You're not qualified to say sh!t about Dante's actual powers.

Sorry but you're not proving how or why a dagger to head would kill him. Also, not only does Quicksilver stop time but it makes him faster too.

I tried something today, I made the prince fall from a building, he fell to the ground, took his last breaths, died and wasnt able to wind time backwards after that. It's not scripted but it still counts, Conclusion : he cant use his time powers after death.

quicksilver does not truly stop time hence its name, your only moving at such speeds that them slow enemies seem like their not moving, it does not stop time

send me a link to anything that says Quicksilver actually stops time itself and ill belive you, the princes powers allow him to stop time and go faster himself, also what rubbish is this all about a dagger not being able to kill something, if you stab a guy in the head hes dead, simple as, even if its a demon, unless its a god or something near a god it would die, and ime sorry but Dante can be killed by many, many things, even those dum puppets in the first game can beat his ass if you let them so dont say Dante's head is indestructible thats just fanboy talk

Burning thought
to be fair i think its just down to who can time freeze first, Dante isnt indestructable, nor is the prince but with powers over time most things are possible

lets just say for now that Virgil comes for some reason to help Dante and they kill the prince whos time powers for some reason fail him, then Kain the vampire lord teleports in and kills them both with ease, there we go, debate finished.

hyde666
A bullet is not any stronger then a dagger? WTF? A bullet is a small piece of metal but it has a very very high velocity, much higher then a human a normal human at that could ever create with his just his own abilites. And if Dante's whole body is half human why wouldn't his be half demon too? Why do you have to keep bringing up fanboyism? Dante is pretty much godly, but thats the way Capcom made him. Another thing, Dante is very fast in DMC3. He has a style named Trickster, and that alows him to move so fast his body looks like a blur. And that brings up something no one has brought up yet, Dante can teleport! Its his last technique he gets in the Trickster style. I think its called Air Trick or something like that. So Dante is way way faster then the Prince can ever dream of. Why do still insist the dagger in the skull is an instant death? Yes it would be if Dante was human, but he is obviously not. The guy survived being shot in the head, meaning the bullet went into his skull and out the back of his skull (he was shot in the head from about maybe 4 or 5 feet). This was a mismatch to begin with, Dante is pretty much superior to the Prince in everyway. I'am a fan of the Prince but this match just isn't very fair.

Burning thought
being half demon doesnt make him godlike, as shown in the game he takes quite some hurt if you let him get hit by mere puppets or some of the lesser creatures that dont even have weapons so saying he is super regentive with almost instant heal and rubbish that he is so fast that its a blur, sure his blur state is real but how long does it last, i doubt capcom would make their game so easy that you can blur through it, the Dagger is very powerful, its like saying just because Dante's sword sparda is a sword that it cant penetrate a concrete wall because swords dont often do it, but honestly, i doubt you would say that, wheras Princes sword is not normal, he kill many humans with it and his time powers can not only kill Dante but also freeze time, Dante cannot prove he can stop the prince from doing this, ime sorry but ime not convinced

bullets are as you said only a small piece of metal, if Dante has fast regeneration then to heal a tiny hole made by the bullet cannot be that hard, wheras i doubt his regeneration will be in effect with not only time frozen but the prince is sticking the dagger deep into his brain, dude i admit dante is strong, i like him, otherwise i wouldnt of played DMC 1 and 2 and about to get 3 but hell when your frozen in time with a dagger sliced through your brain and skull you do not survive, half demon or no half demon

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by hyde666
A bullet is not any stronger then a dagger? WTF? A bullet is a small piece of metal but it has a very very high velocity, much higher then a human a normal human at that could ever create with his just his own abilites. And if Dante's whole body is half human why wouldn't his be half demon too? Why do you have to keep bringing up fanboyism? Dante is pretty much godly, but thats the way Capcom made him. Another thing, Dante is very fast in DMC3. He has a style named Trickster, and that alows him to move so fast his body looks like a blur. And that brings up something no one has brought up yet, Dante can teleport! Its his last technique he gets in the Trickster style. I think its called Air Trick or something like that. So Dante is way way faster then the Prince can ever dream of. Why do still insist the dagger in the skull is an instant death? Yes it would be if Dante was human, but he is obviously not. The guy survived being shot in the head, meaning the bullet went into his skull and out the back of his skull (he was shot in the head from about maybe 4 or 5 feet). This was a mismatch to begin with, Dante is pretty much superior to the Prince in everyway. I'am a fan of the Prince but this match just isn't very fair. For this you will be awarded with a sig from me.
Post info + request here

majds
i say Dante ...there's noway the prince could defeat Dante ... even though i love both of the characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.