Marvel guys that D.C. doesn't match up well with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo

These category busters would give D.C. a world of trouble!

Im i right or wrong ?

Silver Surfer

Black Bolt

Spiderman

Adam Warlock

Ghostrider

Extremis Ironman

Dr.Strange

Cable ..... this is not the uber one either

bigbran
what do you mean?

gamewarrior
I think he means that these guys can be a real pain against DC heroes.

rotiart
Silver Surfer vs Ion

Black Bolt vs Aquaman Decent Powerset, not all powerful. Regal Stature. Knows loss.

Spiderman vs Beastboy as the guy always trying to fit in.

Adam Warlock ... Orion (very powerful loner type)

Ghostrider ... Etrigan

Extremis Ironman ... Henry Irons Steel with Aegis Armor, Blue beetle, maybe Booster Gold? Mr. Terrific?

Dr.Strange ... Dr. Fate?

Tron
Only people there that would pose a threat to DC's majority and Surfer, Blackbolt, Warlock, and Strange. The rest have very little on DC's top tiers.

rotiart
I think what the writer means is, are there equivalent counterparts.
Like Supermans in marvel is Sentry or Thor.
Batman's could be Captain America

At least, I THINK thats what he means. Something akin to, these are the best in their respective categories. Or sometihng like that

Juntai
Originally posted by rotiart
Silver Surfer vs Ion

Black Bolt vs Aquaman Decent Powerset, not all powerful. Regal Stature. Knows loss.

Spiderman vs Beastboy as the guy always trying to fit in.

Adam Warlock ... Orion (very powerful loner type)

Ghostrider ... Etrigan

Extremis Ironman ... Henry Irons Steel with Aegis Armor, Blue beetle, maybe Booster Gold? Mr. Terrific?

Dr.Strange ... Dr. Fate? Steel now has the armor in him. big grin 52's newest issue.

ION is way way way way way beyond Surfer. The entire set of guys here probably couldnt hope to stop him.

Malo
Originally posted by Juntai
Steel now has the armor in him. big grin 52's newest issue.

ION is way way way way way beyond Surfer. The entire set of guys here probably couldnt hope to stop him.

Surfer just got upgraded...he might still whop on ION

Juntai
Originally posted by Malo
Surfer just got upgraded...he might still whop on ION ION draws directly from the Starheart and the OA Central Battery... I doubt Surfer's in his league. In the newest issue they alluded to him being even more powerful than before, saying Kyle's more powerful than even he could ever dream of.

Avalonofthewind
Surfer just got upgraded...he might still whop on ION

His "upgrade" seems more of a mental thing...meaning, he won't be such a pansy when he fights.

Only time will tell though.

UniOmni
Ghost Rider, IronMan, Spiderman and Cable would totally flounder in DC.
Totally.
DC seems to either have it be streets or ubergods...At least in the mainstream where these guys would be.
The guys i named above are solidly midtier and thus, as DC seems to only go to the extreme in either category, their Midtier is sorely lacking.

Marvel excells at the middle ground, while DC has Superman and WW in the top tier,well Superman at least and Batman in the street.

Not many notables in the midtier, if they infact have one.

DC's best chance for these guys would be to put them out as a team, and then go from there. They just don't seem to have counterparts over there.

Most midtier or questionmark guys are on teams or limbo.

Adam Warlock
Captain America = Batman

Sentry = Superman

Thor > Wonder Woman

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate

Quasar = GL Guy or Kilowog

Silver Surfer = GL Hal

Sersi = Zatanna

Adam Warlock = Phantom Stranger (Arrives only when the JLA or Avengers can't handle anything on their own)

Beta Ray Bill = Orion

Iron Man = Steel

Namor = Aquaman

Warbird > Black Canary

Mr. Fantastic = Plastic Man (Plastic Man has far better physical stats than Mr. Fantastic, but Reeds intelligence well makes up for it)

Quicksilver < Flash (The Flash is so much more than Quicksilver, but current Quicksilver will have to do)

Hawkeye = Green Arrow

Crystal = Red Tornado

Rachel Summers > Faith

This team would be much better suited for DC life.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
His "upgrade" seems more of a mental thing...meaning, he won't be such a pansy when he fights.

Only time will tell though. Galactus stated in Anni: SS#3 that he was, in fact, giving Surfer more power than before. I can quote it again, if you'd like.

And Surfer then demonstrated the ability to effortlessly destroy a large fleet, plus Ravenous and his Seekers (powered by the Anti-Power Cosmic) within a page. That demonstrates an increase in his power, considering that no one in the Marvel Universe has been able to stand against the Annihilation Fleet nor the Seekers so far.

And about Current Ion: what feats does he have that suggest he's anywhere near his former godlike status? Omnipotence? No. Omnipresence? Nope. Seems to me he's more in Quasar's league (GL +), not Surfers. Never the less, time will tell.

Soleran
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Galactus stated in Anni: SS#3 that he was, in fact, giving Surfer more power than before. I can quote it again, if you'd like.

And Surfer then demonstrated the ability to effortlessly destroy a large fleet, plus Ravenous and his Seekers (powered by the Anti-Power Cosmic) within a page. That demonstrates an increase in his power, considering that no one in the Marvel Universe has been able to stand against the Annihilation Fleet nor the Seekers so far.

And about Current Ion: what feats does he have that suggest he's anywhere near his former godlike status? Omnipotence? No. Omnipresence? Nope. Seems to me he's more in Quasar's league (GL +), not Surfers. Never the less, time will tell.

Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree more that he would be not feel bad using even the powers he has aka holding back syndrome.

Please don't read into that and say I am saying surfer wasn't upgraded, he could be, it just seemed in my opinion alot of it was physcological at this point.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Captain America = Batman

Sentry = Superman

Thor > Wonder Woman

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate

Quasar = GL Guy or Kilowog

Silver Surfer = GL Hal

Sersi = Zatanna

Adam Warlock = Phantom Stranger (Arrives only when the JLA or Avengers can't handle anything on their own)

Beta Ray Bill = Orion

Iron Man = Steel

Namor = Aquaman

Warbird > Black Canary

Mr. Fantastic = Plastic Man (Plastic Man has far better physical stats than Mr. Fantastic, but Reeds intelligence well makes up for it)

Quicksilver < Flash (The Flash is so much more than Quicksilver, but current Quicksilver will have to do)

Hawkeye = Green Arrow

Crystal = Red Tornado

Rachel Summers > Faith

This team would be much better suited for DC life. Not to say I agree with all the equal, plus, and minus signs, but I agree those characters are much better suited to fill those roles than the other team.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Soleran
Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree more that he would be not feel bad using even the powers he has aka holding back syndrome.

Please don't read into that and say I am saying surfer wasn't upgraded, he could be, it just seemed in my opinion alot of it was physcological at this point. ... I agree that a psychological healing took place. But this was not the only thing Galactus did. Below is the quotes... again.

Galactus: I can give you conviction. Conviction -- And the power to see it through .

Galactus: I can heal you. I can renew your will, grant you new power, take away the remorse...

It's seems pretty clear that Galactus is upgrading Surfer on every level, "to better serve cosmic consonance." Then, Surfer lays waste to a fleet that had, up until that point, never been challenged by anyone in the Universe. Ah, you doubting Dennis's.

Soleran
Originally posted by Soleran
Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree

There, perhaps this will give you more clarity into Exactly what I said.

UniOmni
Steel is considered top tier in DC. Not so for Ironman.

Lord Urizen
You forgot about THANOS

DARKSIED is a JOKE compared to THANOS

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
ION draws directly from the Starheart and the OA Central Battery... I doubt Surfer's in his league. In the newest issue they alluded to him being even more powerful than before, saying Kyle's more powerful than even he could ever dream of.
big grin

Good issue Juntai. I like where this series is headed.

Tron
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Warbird > Black Canary

Unless you're comparing personalities, these two have absolutely nothing in common, powerwise anyway.

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You forgot about THANOS

Not when he's done right.

complexbrother
my list of DC busters are ... (by this I mean the ones with no diserable DC counterparts)

Loki

Sphinx ......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_%28comics%29

Cloak

Darkstar ......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkstar_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Blackout ......... http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackout.htm

Mister Sinister

Spider Man

Starfox

Madison Jeffries

MattDay
Dildo = wolverine

bigbran
Originally posted by MattDay
Dildo = wolverine no havent you seen eek!

Tron
Dildo = wolverine

What the f**k?

Private Pion
You forgot about THANOS

HAHAHAHA!

LethalFemme
Dildo = wolverine

shock

jrodslam
Originally posted by UniOmni
Steel is considered top tier in DC. Not so for Ironman.

I disagree with that. It would be more the other way around. Iron Man is usually called upon initially to where Steel may be called after Supes, Bats, JLA. Isnt Iron Man head of defense? I think he still has that title. Steel is a reserve whereas Iron Man is co-leader and co-founder of the biggest group in Marvel. IM would be over Steel when it comes to tier imo.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by jrodslam
I disagree with that. It would be more the other way around. Iron Man is usually called upon initially to where Steel may be called after Supes, Bats, JLA. Isnt Iron Man head of defense? I think he still has that title. Steel is a reserve whereas Iron Man is co-leader and co-founder of the biggest group in Marvel. IM would be over Steel when it comes to tier imo.

True, though I consider them both pathetic compared to the rest of this list. Ironman is a little bit higher up. I don't think Steel gets all he respect he deserves.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Tron
Unless you're comparing personalities, these two have absolutely nothing in common, powerwise anyway.Maybe it was just cause both their names have references to birds.
Dildo = wolverine Seems kinda painful. But whatever floats your boat.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Maybe it was just cause both their names have references to birds.
Seems kinda painful. But whatever floats your boat.

For some odd reason he gets a lot of ass but, he's so eh to me.erm

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
Ghost Rider, IronMan, Spider man and Cable would totally flounder in DC.
Totally.
DC seems to either have it be streets or ubergods...At least in the mainstream where these guys would be.
The guys i named above are solidly midtier and thus, as DC seems to only go to the extreme in either category, their Midtier is sorely lacking.

Marvel excells at the middle ground, while DC has Superman and WW in the top tier,well Superman at least and Batman in the street.

Not many notables in the midtier, if they infact have one.

DC's best chance for these guys would be to put them out as a team, and then go from there. They just don't seem to have counterparts over there.

Most midtier or questionmark guys are on teams or limbo.

Good post .... Its true, there is a total lack of 'middle weights' in the D.C. universe, and IMO i think these are some of the best characters to do when it comes to characterisation.The Lack of these type of characters was made apparent in the recent Crisis, when the likes of night wing where referred to as Beta threats, by the Omacs. IMO like of Spider man, Thing, Ghost Rider, Human torch, Wolverine etc would all be in this Beta level bracket. Have you noticed there's also, far more Cosmic Gods in the Marvel universe. I mean with the exception of the Guardians and the Spectre, everyone else seems to be Sky father and below. Even ION, who is considered one of D.C.'s most powerful, is unlikely to be near Celestial level. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
You forgot about THANOS

Although i prefer the Darksied Mythology, i totally agree. Im looking forward to Darksied forthcoming role with the IMP. smile

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Tron
Not when he's done right.

But THAT's THE POINT....He's RARELY EVER DONE RIGHT !!!!

REALISTICALLY....Darksied has soooo much more potential for success than the fkn writers allow him to reveal. They write him HORRIBLY....they make him Superman's virtual punching bag...come ON !!!!!

I don't take DArksied that seriously anymore ! The writers ruined a very interesting and very high potentialed character...WHY? To please Superman fanboys...WOW....wat SELL OUTS !!!!

Thanos IS Darkseid DONE RIGHT ! wink

LethalFemme

REALISTICALLY....Darksied has soooo much more potential for success than the fkn writers allow him to reveal. They write him HORRIBLY....they make him Superman's virtual punching bag...come ON !!!!!

I don't take DArksied that seriously anymore ! The writers ruined a very interesting and very high potentialed character...WHY? To please Superman fanboys...WOW....wat SELL OUTS !!!!

Thanos IS Darkseid DONE RIGHT ! wink

Wow all caps you really must be pissed.fear

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
DC isn't lacking for powerful Cosmic-types. Surfer might be better than most, but a good GL or any # of others could give him a helluva fight.

DC's problem is lack of solid street-levelers, and mixing street with cosmic too much. Batman's the only one worth a damn, and the writers have to fight to find ways for the street people (mostly the Bat-family) to actually contribute to their respective teams. Seriously, when's the last time Wildcat felt needed in a JSA comic?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
DC isn't lacking for powerful Cosmic-types. Surfer might be better than most, but a good GL or any # of others could give him a helluva fight.

DC's problem is lack of solid street-levelers, and mixing street with cosmic too much. Batman's the only one worth a damn, and the writers have to fight to find ways for the street people (mostly the Bat-family) to actually contribute to their respective teams. Seriously, when's the last time Wilcat felt needed in a JSA comic?

Mate I didn't mean it was lacking .... I hate Cosmic God stories, there so unrealatable. I disagree about the street level stuff. Villans united, Checkmate and the Batman are all solids titles. But I agree Marvel, are far superior in that department, with the likes of Dare Devil, punnisher, Ghost Rider and Spiderman. smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Mate I didn't mean it was lacking .... I hate Cosmic God stories, there so unrealatable. I disagree about the street level stuff. Villans united, Checkmate and the Batman are all solids titles. But I agree Marvel, are far superior in that department, with the likes of Dare Devil, punnisher, Ghost Rider and Spiderman. smile

Right, that's what I meant. DC has their share, but they have to be a part of a larger story arc or team. Bats is the only one capable of keeping up a solo series like any of the Marvel people you mentioned. Even B-level series' like Luke Cage and Iron Fist are more solidified than most of DC's street series.

Avalonofthewind

These category busters would give D.C. a world of trouble!

Im i right or wrong ?

Wrong, but it was a good list anyway.

Silver Surfer - The Eradicator

Black Bolt - Silver Banshee

Spiderman - Animal Man

Adam Warlock - Braniac

Ghostrider - Etrigan

Extremis Ironman - Natasha Irons (not too sure about this one)

Dr.Strange - Dr. Fate/Satanna

Cable - Dr Psycho, Max Lord, MM, etc...

golem370
How about Mangog = Imperalix

Kurse = Shaggy Man

Kubik = Parallax

Anti-Monitor = Hunger/Cosmic Parasite

Count Nefaria = Captain Marvel

Lobo = Lunatik

Drax with out Power Gem = Solomon Grundy or Bizarro

Adam Warlock = Alan Scott

Thanos = Darkseid

superbatman86
Iceman.He has an undefendable power.

golem370
Iceman never impressed me. Polaris,Human Torch Hulk and many many more imo would kill him

Blair Wind
no expression

Validus
Originally posted by golem370
How about Mangog = Imperalix

Kurse = Shaggy Man

Kubik = Parallax

Anti-Monitor = Hunger/Cosmic Parasite

Count Nefaria = Captain Marvel

Lobo = Lunatik

Drax with out Power Gem = Solomon Grundy or Bizarro

Adam Warlock = Alan Scott

Thanos = Darkseid
Some of those are extremely...weird to say the least. The only thing Warlock and Scott have in common is their names starting with the letter A. Mangog and Imperiex couldn't be more different. Ditto for Marvel and Nefaria and Kubik and Parallax (fear creature or Hal).

UniOmni

Spiderman - Animal Man

Adam Warlock - Braniac

Ghostrider - Etrigan

Silver Surfer does seem to be the equivalent of the Eradicator, but he seems to lack his popularity.

BB is close, but his attack isn't based on sound. Dazzler might be the real equal to the SB/

Adam Warlock is like Brainac, in that he seems to always be a step ahead of others, but hes neutral. Brainac is firmly in the evil camp.

Animal Man would beat the tar outta Spiderman.

GhostRider is an analogue to Etrigan, but a weak one at best.

Extremis Ironman hasn't done enough to convince me whether or not hes above Natasha.

Dr. Fate= Strange is an easy one.

Cable does match up well, but Xman is far above alot(if not all) of the people on that list. And i consider Xman to be cable.

Of course, everything i wrote, depends on whether you were comparing powersets or writing styles.

R.O.T. Yahman

Spiderman - Animal Man

Adam Warlock - Braniac

Ghostrider - Etrigan

Silver Surfer - Captain Atom

Black Bolt - Aquaman (Both Knigs, both strong , I dunno)

Spiderman - Blue Beatle

Adam Warlock - Connor (Both G.M beings, i dunno a strange one again)

Ghost Rider - Dead man

Extermis Iron Man - Cyborg Superman

Strange - Fate

smile

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007

DC's problem is lack of solid street-levelers, and mixing street with cosmic too much. Batman's the only one worth a damn, and the writers have to fight to find ways for the street people (mostly the Bat-family) to actually contribute to their respective teams. Seriously, when's the last time Wildcat felt needed in a JSA comic? Wildcat defeated the Injustice Society basically solo in one issue a while back..

And just recently he helped save all of them again in the arc with the Spear of Destiny in JSA classified.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by golem370
Iceman never impressed me. Polaris,Human Torch Hulk and many many more imo would kill him laughing

Darth Martin
Shouldn't Steel be above Natasha. Are there any other comics except for 52 where Steel is in. He also does not get the respect he deserves.

mighty adam

Thanos IS Darkseid DONE RIGHT ! wink well said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.