KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel guys that D.C. doesn't match up well with.

Marvel guys that D.C. doesn't match up well with.
Started by: Malo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Malo

These category busters would give D.C. a world of trouble!

Im i right or wrong ?

Silver Surfer

Black Bolt

Spiderman

Adam Warlock

Ghostrider

Extremis Ironman

Dr.Strange

Cable ..... this is not the uber one either

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:30 AM
Malo is currently offline Click here to Send Malo a Private Message Find more posts by Malo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

what do you mean?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:31 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gamewarrior
The Drifter of Dreams

I think he means that these guys can be a real pain against DC heroes.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:39 AM
gamewarrior is currently offline Click here to Send gamewarrior a Private Message Find more posts by gamewarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Silver Surfer vs Ion

Black Bolt vs Aquaman Decent Powerset, not all powerful. Regal Stature. Knows loss.

Spiderman vs Beastboy as the guy always trying to fit in.

Adam Warlock ... Orion (very powerful loner type)

Ghostrider ... Etrigan

Extremis Ironman ... Henry Irons Steel with Aegis Armor, Blue beetle, maybe Booster Gold? Mr. Terrific?

Dr.Strange ... Dr. Fate?

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:44 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Only people there that would pose a threat to DC's majority and Surfer, Blackbolt, Warlock, and Strange. The rest have very little on DC's top tiers.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 11:35 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I think what the writer means is, are there equivalent counterparts.
Like Supermans in marvel is Sentry or Thor.
Batman's could be Captain America

At least, I THINK thats what he means. Something akin to, these are the best in their respective categories. Or sometihng like that

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 11:49 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
Silver Surfer vs Ion

Black Bolt vs Aquaman Decent Powerset, not all powerful. Regal Stature. Knows loss.

Spiderman vs Beastboy as the guy always trying to fit in.

Adam Warlock ... Orion (very powerful loner type)

Ghostrider ... Etrigan

Extremis Ironman ... Henry Irons Steel with Aegis Armor, Blue beetle, maybe Booster Gold? Mr. Terrific?

Dr.Strange ... Dr. Fate?
Steel now has the armor in him. big grin 52's newest issue.

ION is way way way way way beyond Surfer. The entire set of guys here probably couldnt hope to stop him.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 12:54 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malo

Originally posted by Juntai
Steel now has the armor in him. big grin 52's newest issue.

ION is way way way way way beyond Surfer. The entire set of guys here probably couldnt hope to stop him.

Surfer just got upgraded...he might still whop on ION

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:27 PM
Malo is currently offline Click here to Send Malo a Private Message Find more posts by Malo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Malo
ION draws directly from the Starheart and the OA Central Battery... I doubt Surfer's in his league. In the newest issue they alluded to him being even more powerful than before, saying Kyle's more powerful than even he could ever dream of.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:52 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Malo

His "upgrade" seems more of a mental thing...meaning, he won't be such a pansy when he fights.

Only time will tell though.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:54 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Ghost Rider, IronMan, Spiderman and Cable would totally flounder in DC.
Totally.
DC seems to either have it be streets or ubergods...At least in the mainstream where these guys would be.
The guys i named above are solidly midtier and thus, as DC seems to only go to the extreme in either category, their Midtier is sorely lacking.

Marvel excells at the middle ground, while DC has Superman and WW in the top tier,well Superman at least and Batman in the street.

Not many notables in the midtier, if they infact have one.

DC's best chance for these guys would be to put them out as a team, and then go from there. They just don't seem to have counterparts over there.

Most midtier or questionmark guys are on teams or limbo.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 03:09 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Captain America = Batman

Sentry = Superman

Thor > Wonder Woman

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate

Quasar = GL Guy or Kilowog

Silver Surfer = GL Hal

Sersi = Zatanna

Adam Warlock = Phantom Stranger (Arrives only when the JLA or Avengers can't handle anything on their own)

Beta Ray Bill = Orion

Iron Man = Steel

Namor = Aquaman

Warbird > Black Canary

Mr. Fantastic = Plastic Man (Plastic Man has far better physical stats than Mr. Fantastic, but Reeds intelligence well makes up for it)

Quicksilver < Flash (The Flash is so much more than Quicksilver, but current Quicksilver will have to do)

Hawkeye = Green Arrow

Crystal = Red Tornado

Rachel Summers > Faith

This team would be much better suited for DC life.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:09 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
His "upgrade" seems more of a mental thing...meaning, he won't be such a pansy when he fights.

Only time will tell though.
Galactus stated in Anni: SS#3 that he was, in fact, giving Surfer more power than before. I can quote it again, if you'd like.

And Surfer then demonstrated the ability to effortlessly destroy a large fleet, plus Ravenous and his Seekers (powered by the Anti-Power Cosmic) within a page. That demonstrates an increase in his power, considering that no one in the Marvel Universe has been able to stand against the Annihilation Fleet nor the Seekers so far.

And about Current Ion: what feats does he have that suggest he's anywhere near his former godlike status? Omnipotence? No. Omnipresence? Nope. Seems to me he's more in Quasar's league (GL +), not Surfers. Never the less, time will tell.

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jul 1st, 2006 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:11 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Galactus stated in Anni: SS#3 that he was, in fact, giving Surfer more power than before. I can quote it again, if you'd like.

And Surfer then demonstrated the ability to effortlessly destroy a large fleet, plus Ravenous and his Seekers (powered by the Anti-Power Cosmic) within a page. That demonstrates an increase in his power, considering that no one in the Marvel Universe has been able to stand against the Annihilation Fleet nor the Seekers so far.

And about Current Ion: what feats does he have that suggest he's anywhere near his former godlike status? Omnipotence? No. Omnipresence? Nope. Seems to me he's more in Quasar's league (GL +), not Surfers. Never the less, time will tell.

Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree more that he would be not feel bad using even the powers he has aka holding back syndrome.

Please don't read into that and say I am saying surfer wasn't upgraded, he could be, it just seemed in my opinion alot of it was physcological at this point.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:20 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Captain America = Batman

Sentry = Superman

Thor > Wonder Woman

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate

Quasar = GL Guy or Kilowog

Silver Surfer = GL Hal

Sersi = Zatanna

Adam Warlock = Phantom Stranger (Arrives only when the JLA or Avengers can't handle anything on their own)

Beta Ray Bill = Orion

Iron Man = Steel

Namor = Aquaman

Warbird > Black Canary

Mr. Fantastic = Plastic Man (Plastic Man has far better physical stats than Mr. Fantastic, but Reeds intelligence well makes up for it)

Quicksilver < Flash (The Flash is so much more than Quicksilver, but current Quicksilver will have to do)

Hawkeye = Green Arrow

Crystal = Red Tornado

Rachel Summers > Faith

This team would be much better suited for DC life.
Not to say I agree with all the equal, plus, and minus signs, but I agree those characters are much better suited to fill those roles than the other team.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:24 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Soleran
Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree more that he would be not feel bad using even the powers he has aka holding back syndrome.

Please don't read into that and say I am saying surfer wasn't upgraded, he could be, it just seemed in my opinion alot of it was physcological at this point.
... I agree that a psychological healing took place. But this was not the only thing Galactus did. Below is the quotes... again.

Galactus: I can give you conviction. Conviction -- And the power to see it through .

Galactus: I can heal you. I can renew your will, grant you new power, take away the remorse...

It's seems pretty clear that Galactus is upgrading Surfer on every level, "to better serve cosmic consonance." Then, Surfer lays waste to a fleet that had, up until that point, never been challenged by anyone in the Universe. Ah, you doubting Dennis's.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:34 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Soleran
Also when Galactus said about upgrading his power it didn't seem like he was going to AMP his cosmic abilities a massive degree

There, perhaps this will give you more clarity into Exactly what I said.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:40 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Steel is considered top tier in DC. Not so for Ironman.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 05:11 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

You forgot about THANOS

DARKSIED is a JOKE compared to THANOS

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 05:34 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Juntai
ION draws directly from the Starheart and the OA Central Battery... I doubt Surfer's in his league. In the newest issue they alluded to him being even more powerful than before, saying Kyle's more powerful than even he could ever dream of.

big grin

Good issue Juntai. I like where this series is headed.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 06:16 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote