Davy Jones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Joke
We know that it is more than likely that Jones will die in the next film, but who will deliver the fatel blow?

I just hope that it isn't Norrington or Beckett or anybody like that and that Jones isn't forced to do anything humiliating like call Beckett 'Sir'.

katelovespirate
well, he and Jack apparently have an intense sword fight in the next film, in a crow's nest, no less, so maybe it will be Jack. Or Liz could do it. that would be kinda neat.

LovelyOne
It might be Will..Tia seems to think he has a destiny but Jack is the main charcter..and the one everyone will want to see be the true hero of the movie. he IS the true hero of the movie..

..Will's destiny seems to revolveing more around losing Elizabeth to the sea/free life just like Davy Lost his woman. That whole Tia hut scene suggested that will might be heading down the same path..

So my bets are on Jack doing it.

Dr. Joke
Better Jack than Beckett.

blackpearl44
Originally posted by LovelyOne
It might be Will..Tia seems to think he has a destiny but Jack is the main charcter..and the one everyone will want to see be the true hero of the movie. he IS the true hero of the movie..

..Will's destiny seems to revolveing more around losing Elizabeth to the sea/free life just like Davy Lost his woman. That whole Tia hut scene suggested that will might be heading down the same path..

So my bets are on Jack doing it.

Me too.....

katelovespirate

Dr. Joke
This theory is rather good and must have taken an awful long time to type. Congratulations. thumb up

(But why is Jones killed off so soon? sad )

tumalow2
i think that this will be in the middle of the movie the good guys will board his ship but before that is going on jack has an epic sword fight with davy and davy is about to kill jack but barbosa stabs him in the back thus reuniting our heroes. idk tho just a thought

FG725
The kraken isn't dead yet either so that'll pose a threat a big one still. In fact I don't see anyone fitting for the part of killing Jones they've made this thing where he was in love with someone and they haven't played it out much. I think at the end of the third film he'll become much more likable character you kind of see a compassionate side of him in the scene where jack is giving Will up to him. So I'm guessing we'll get more of a Doc Ock death like in spider-man2 where he'll die saving the woman he loves or something of the sort. Like he'll kill himself or kill the Kraken but gets himself killed in the process really as long as Barbossa doesn't die again I'll be happy.

katelovespirate
ooooooo good thoughts everyone. smile and no that didnt take me long to type i was just ramblin what sounded cool.
but we need to work in a sword fight between jack, liz, and will. that would be hott.

ESB -1138
I want to see Jack do it. After all Davy spent the entire film trying to kill him and in the end Jack was eaten by the Kraken. And I doubt Jack "actually" kills him. You know it will be like the Curse of the Black Pearl. Jack fights Davy and Will stabs the heart killing Davy.

katelovespirate
or Davy joins the pirates to defeat the EITC and dies saving Jack

ESB -1138
Or dies being reunited with his lost lover.

katelovespirate
yeah i can see that. poor guy. he needs to catch a break in this film. his lifestyle is SOOOOOOO depressing

Syren
I don't want to see Jones die a grisly death, I'd really like to see Will stab the heart so that he can release his father (and the other souls) from their fate, but I'd like to think that in stabbing Jones' heart it will also release him rather than end him... his soul could be set free to join with Calypso, his lost love. Perhaps Tia Dalma (who I think is Calypso) can resurrect him as she has Barbossa (and hopefully Sparrow).

katelovespirate
yeah its funny how no one should really be too afraid to die, since Tia can obviously bring them back.

Or perhaps, it is only Tia's old lovers that she can resurrect.

PS Jack and Liz are hott.

WickedWench
Originally posted by FG725
....as long as Barbossa doesn't die again I'll be happy.

One of the runours I`ve read is that he dies saving Jack`s life when the Krakken attacks a ship they are on ( not the Pearl )..... I`m with you - I hope that`s not true! I want to see Barbossa make it out of POTC 3 alive and kickin` !

Smaug
Yea, Barbossa RULES! he WILL NOT die in 3. he WONT... lol, but I hope Jack doesnt fall 4 lizzie. That'd be such an obvious ending... messed

vegaofthelyre
Great theory katelovespirates! You really thought this through and it seems to make a lot of sense-- also it kinda fits in with some of the rumors/spoilers about potc3. I'm really keen on your idea of Will becoming the governor of Port Royal. and THAT way, they will stop cracking down and the pirates and what not, obviously Will is not going to persecute his friends(?) and ex fiancee hahah

FG725
Originally posted by WickedWench
One of the runours I`ve read is that he dies saving Jack`s life when the Krakken attacks a ship they are on ( not the Pearl )..... I`m with you - I hope that`s not true! I want to see Barbossa make it out of POTC 3 alive and kickin` !
Yeah I read that he might get ripped in half by the Kraken which would be lame since they just brought him back if they're gonna kill him again at least wait awhile erm till another film or something

ESB -1138
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah its funny how no one should really be too afraid to die, since Tia can obviously bring them back.

Or perhaps, it is only Tia's old lovers that she can resurrect.

PS Jack and Liz are hott.

Do we know she brought Barbossa back to life. For all we know Barbossa might not have been dead at all.

Anywho;

I wouldn't mind seeing Will take down Beckett in the third film; that or Jack. After all they each left a mark on one another. And to get to Davy's heart they will have to go through the East India Trading Company.

Darth Dean
Why can't Davy Jones be good? He is evil because his heart was carved out. What if the heart was put back in somehow? His compassion would be restored, freeing Bootstrap, calling off the Kraken, and allowing Piracy to continue. Then he dies because Tia doesn't love him anymore. How tragic. (And as he's dying the audience hears that sad tune from the music box trinket getting slower, and slower, and stop.)

tazmania
Hi all, I'm new here and really enjoying everyone's ideas!
On wikipedia, there is a rumour that in the 3rd film, Davy kills Beckett. Wikipedia didn't say where they got that rumour from, though. It'd be good poetic justice. I've read the draft script, and I hope that the final film keeps to the Davy/Calypso love story. If we follow the story (as it is in the draft, since that's all we've got to go on) the legend of Calypso states that the Brethren of Pirates had her reborn into the body of an ORDINARY mortal woman. Tia Dalma is a voodoo priestess of magical powers who can bring back the dead. An ordinary mortal woman, would, logically have no memories of being Calypso, and Tia Dalma knows the story. Also if Tia Dalma was Calypso, why would there be this big mystery? If Tia Dalma was Calypso, why would Jack steal the locket from her? Also, when Jack gave Elizabeth the compass that she was the only one who could make it point to the location of Davy's heart. They're only theories - Calypso could very well be Tia Dalma. It would work either way, but I think I'd prefer it for drama's sake if it turned out to be Elizabeth. It would be a nice, cheery ending if the spirit of Calypso could be released from (whoever's) body and Davy could be reunited with his lost love and he and his crew released from damnation. Or perhaps he will die for Elizabeth/Tia/whoever he thinks is Calypso. Naomie Harris said Tia Dalma has a dramatic departure from the film. Also, in DMC, when Tia Dalma was telling the story of Davy Jones and his love, she did say that "him never stop loving her."

Chiki Mina
i have a stupid question...
If Tia really is Calypso. is it possible that Jones dies trying to saye Tia in some kind of danger.

CaptinJackLover
oo that would actually be really interesting.

^^[leane]

D_Shiznitdog
Originally posted by tazmania
Hi all, I'm new here and really enjoying everyone's ideas!
On wikipedia, there is a rumour that in the 3rd film, Davy kills Beckett. Wikipedia didn't say where they got that rumour from, though. It'd be good poetic justice. I've read the draft script, and I hope that the final film keeps to the Davy/Calypso love story. If we follow the story (as it is in the draft, since that's all we've got to go on) the legend of Calypso states that the Brethren of Pirates had her reborn into the body of an ORDINARY mortal woman. Tia Dalma is a voodoo priestess of magical powers who can bring back the dead. An ordinary mortal woman, would, logically have no memories of being Calypso, and Tia Dalma knows the story. Also if Tia Dalma was Calypso, why would there be this big mystery? If Tia Dalma was Calypso, why would Jack steal the locket from her? Also, when Jack gave Elizabeth the compass that she was the only one who could make it point to the location of Davy's heart. They're only theories - Calypso could very well be Tia Dalma. It would work either way, but I think I'd prefer it for drama's sake if it turned out to be Elizabeth. It would be a nice, cheery ending if the spirit of Calypso could be released from (whoever's) body and Davy could be reunited with his lost love and he and his crew released from damnation. Or perhaps he will die for Elizabeth/Tia/whoever he thinks is Calypso. Naomie Harris said Tia Dalma has a dramatic departure from the film. Also, in DMC, when Tia Dalma was telling the story of Davy Jones and his love, she did say that "him never stop loving her."

Yeah, I heard her say Tia Dalma has a dramatic departure too. Does that mean she dies?

CaptinJackLover
i hope not. i dont like it when people die in movies. but when Barbossa died i was happy cuz he was evil big grin

Chiki Mina
Well like even when Barbossa died i mean u gotta admit the character is awesome. Hes evil but i dunno in a funny way. I dont think any MAIN characters are gonna die..ppl know how much we cherish these ppl so i doubt theyll just kill them.

CaptinJackLover
But Tia is about as bug of a characterr of Barbossa tho

*jcd*gmc*
Is that what u think is going to happen, because it's pretty specific

but i give u props

katelovespirate
i think i have NO IDEA what is going to happen. and its driving me crazy. i change my mind every other second. hahaha.

Chiki Mina
yea me too lmao. i change my mind alot cus of the many possibilities and theories its driving me crazy. the best thing to do is wait for pirates 3 in may

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.