Ion vs. Full powered Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I know little about Ion except that he was close to that of a God. Galactus on the other hand i've known to be extremely powerful and is always made known to not use all of his power. What if Galactus did use 100% of his powers and abilities. Fight takes place in the cosmos.

General Kon-El
Ion 6/10.

Juntai
ION makes himself breakfast back on Earth, while having another him draw his new issue, and another of him run to the store for sugar, and another stopping a war across the universe, while one of him fights Galactus.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Scarlet315
I know little about Ion except that he was close to that of a God. Galactus on the other hand i've known to be extremely powerful and is always made known to not use all of his power. What if Galactus did use 100% of his powers and abilities. Fight takes place in the cosmos. If full-powered Galactus means the version that devoured Eternity, then he devours Ion as well. Ion would take it against an Average-fed Galactus, however.

lilnutta12
now i wonder is there a 100% wolverine

Mider999
Ion wins his powers where limitless and he didnt even have as much power as parallax just knew how to use it better

Demonic Phoenix
Is this classic or current ion?

Mr Master
Galactus Full power = Eternity

If Ion can destroy a Universe, then big G loses.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mr Master

If Ion can destroy a Universe, then big G loses. not good logic, anyone basically in comics today can destroy a universe, its not that big of feat.
big g was said to be able to destroy the universe 10x over, but that doesnt mean hes more or less than eternity.
until big g gets his own comic( so he doesnt job in it) we won't see him do any feats. so in other words, ion will win, from lack of good showings from g.

bigbran

If Ion can destroy a Universe, then big G loses. not good logic, anyone in comics basically can destroy a universe. its not that big of a feat anymore. big g was said to be able to destroy the universe 10x over, but that doesnt make him more or less than eternity.
so until he gets his own comic(so he wouldnt job) we can say ion will win from lack of good feats for big g.

Mr Master
Originally posted by bigbran
not good logic, anyone in comics basically can destroy a universe. its not that big of a feat anymore. big g was said to be able to destroy the universe 10x over,

On panel, Full powered Galactus is Eternity, (you seen the Doom scans)

What was said Galactus was able to do is inconsequential, since it has never happened on panel.

bigbran
On panel, Full powered Galactus is Eternity, (you seen the Doom scans)

What was said Galactus was able to do is inconsequential, since it has never happened on panel. ya i know, but like i said, when he gets good feats, that he does something in them, then we can actaully put him in battles, knowing he can do this and that.
its so stupid they ruin such a great character

bigbran
and also eternity doesnt have feats either.

doctorstrongbad
Full Powered Galactus wins this fight.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by lilnutta12
now i wonder is there a 100% wolverine R.O.F.L.

Jesse7
I agree with Mr. M, Galactus has never shown on panel to be 10x eternity, speculation holds grounds on against on panel feats.

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7
I agree with Mr. M, Galactus has never shown on panel to be 10x eternity, speculation holds grounds on against on panel feats. destroying the universe 10x and being 10x eternity is different.

Jesse7
Galactus has also never shown to be able to destroy the universe 10x over, no on panel feat to say other wise.

On Panel Feats>>>Speculation

Mr Master
Originally posted by bigbran
ya i know, but like i said, when he gets good feats, that he does something in them, then we can actaully put him in battles, knowing he can do this and that.
its so stupid they ruin such a great character

But you do know what he can do.

When Dr. Doom became Full powered Galactus, he became one with the universe.

Basically absolute control of the Universe, but it was very specific in depicting his power to be no greater than a Universal scale.

Galactus at Full power.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1020/dkx7.th.jpg

This is Dr. Doom....after Absorbing Galactus's power...and Galactus's Ship.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2152/doomfullgalactusrr7.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4957/doomfullgalactus1cx6.th.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9328/doomfullgalactus2db9.th.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2672/doomuniversalawarenessiy7.th.jpg

leonheartmm
when the HELL did galactus devour eternity?! he cant do that. he only keeps the balance between eternity and death and is even weaker than the inbetweener.

leonheartmm
ms master that scan is pretty old. lotsa new abstract level developments have happened from then on.

bigbran
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ms master that scan is pretty old. lotsa new abstract level developments have happened from then on. ms master? laughing

endrict
he would rap ion and with out grease...

Mr Master
ms master that scan is pretty old. lotsa new abstract level developments have happened from then on.

I know all about the Cosmics friend.

Care to tell me what "new developments" your talking about?

bigbran

Care to tell me what "new developments" your talking about? he wasnt talking to you, he was talking to ms master!

Mider999
he did this in a FF comic didnt he

leonheartmm

Care to tell me what "new developments" your talking about?

well look at it this way. in the 1970s etc galactus was considered the most powerful being in the universe. but then lotsa things happened.

eternity came into play so did the beyonder.

galactus when he met eternity out of RESPECT turned into a star his REAL form. a star that would forever radiate. now thats not a GREAT power level is it. i mean then it was big but a star is meaningless nowadays. also in his develpmental stages a watcher could have killed him. the elders might have succeeded in killing him if it hadnt been for luck. the galactic corp DID kill him which trigerred the coming of abraxas showing that galactus is NOT nearly as essential as abstracts and the universe doesnt die without him. hes a bit like inbetweener{only a lil weaker} keeping BALANCE between the abstracts eternity and death. and well hes had way too many bad showings to be calling them PIS now not to mention hes been scared MANY TIMES by the likes of thor/invisible woman/blackbolt etc. currently at FULL power i dont see him doing more than destroying a few galaxies. it would be fair to say that his PURPOSE in the universe{balance between eternity and death} is far greater than his actual power.

point im making, back then yes maybe he might have been considered that powerful by SOME people, but not anymore.

and i dont know when he killed or devoured eternity. mind tellin me cause i mustv missed it.

bigbran
you keep thinking galactus is weaker than eternity.
and galactus is so important because he keeps abraxus in check, thus when he dies, so will everything.
galactus is still powerful, but the jobbing thats going on with him is redicules, hopefully annihilation will make sure he has some good showings.

Batman Beyond
ion he does all that other stuff that was stated earler but also himself of the past also knows whats going on in the future and goes back to the begining of time befor big g and just erases him from existence.

and thats before 9:00 am he still has the rest of the day ahead of him

leonheartmm
no doubt he IS powerful but not as powerful as some currently out there.

Batman Beyond
no doubt he IS powerful but not as powerful as some currently out there.

id say ion(classic)is number one on the list of most powerful cosmics.
cause he could do whatever he wanted

Avalonofthewind
Ion wins. He doesn't have the issues that Galactus does with energy.
It will be like Doom Galactus vs the Beyonder.

Wave and wave and wave of energy coming at him until Galactus falls.

For all intents and purposes, Ion was unlimited.

leonheartmm
nope not true. ion is around inbetweener power level. not the most powerful in any respect. prallex was much more powerful{the BEING which posessed hal and was after the spectar's power} he actually defeated spectar.

Mr Master
mr master that scan is pretty old. lotsa new abstract level developments have happened from then on.

Really.

Let's check that out.

The Cosmics in 1984, during the Secret Wars 1 series (from where I got my Doom scans)

From left to right, the Watcher presents the Cosmics
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6743/1984wo1.th.jpg
Gardner
TOAA ( Celestial)
Master Hate (black figure with tentacles)
Chronos
Mistress Love (purple/maroon patch of energy)
Eternity
Lord Chaos
Living Tribunal
Master Order
And the In-Betweener is at the bottom speaking.
Mephisto is also there with Death at the bottom right.

The Cosmics in 1991, from the Infinity Gauntlet series

From left to right
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8206/1991nb3.th.jpg
Master Hate
Lord Chaos above
Chronos
TOAA (Celestial)
Mephisto (not a cosmic) & Eon are infront of TOAA
Galactus
Another Celestial
Stranger
Master Order above
Mistress Love
Eternity joins the group shortly after.
LT didn't get involved.

The Cosmics in 1998, from what if Impossible Man had the IG

From left to right
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4263/1998rt6.th.jpg
That other Celestial again
Stranger
Master Order
TOAA (Celestial)
Lord Chaos
Chronos
Epoch, who took over Eon's status
Mistress Love
Eternity behind her
Master Hate
the Watcher
Galactus

The Cosmics in 2006, from Last Planet Standing

From the top, clockwise
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/403/2006fw5.th.jpg
The Collector
Living Tribunal
In-Betweener
Stranger
Shaper of Worlds
Lord Chaos
Master Order
The Gardner

As you can see, these "new abstract level developments" are not taking place On Panel.

galactus when he met eternity out of RESPECT turned into a star his REAL form. a star that would forever radiate. now thats not a GREAT power level is it.

He became pure energy cause it was the only way for Eternity to manifest before him in those days.

also in his develpmental stages a watcher could have killed him.

Exactly, "in his develpmental stages"

Soon after he learned how to manipulate his power Cosmic, and that threat was no more.

the galactic corp DID kill him which trigerred the coming of abraxas showing that galactus is NOT nearly as essential as abstracts and the universe doesnt die without him.

When Galactus dies the Multi-verse begins to fold and it brings forth Abraxas, (the embodiment of destruction).

If Galactus dies, the Multi-verse collapses at the hands of Abraxas.

So big G is VERY essential

hes a bit like inbetweener{only a lil weaker}

laughing

But when they went toe to toe in Siver Surfer #28, they stalemated until they entered in the Magik Universe, where Order and Chaos imprisoned the In-betweener.

currently at FULL power i dont see him doing more than destroying a few galaxies.

At FULL power he's equal to Eternity, can't argue with the on panel evidence.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7677/dye5.th.jpg

This is Dr. Doom....after Absorbing Galactus's power...and Galactus's Ship.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2152/doomfullgalactusrr7.th.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4957/doomfullgalactus1cx6.th.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9328/doomfullgalactus2db9.th.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2672/doomuniversalawarenessiy7.th.jpg

it would be fair to say that his PURPOSE in the universe{balance between eternity and death} is far greater than his actual power.

I'll agree with this.

because his death WILL bring about the end of the Multi-verse.

point im making, back then yes maybe he might have been considered that powerful by SOME people, but not anymore.

He's as powerful as he's always been, since his inception till now,

At Full power he equals Eternity though.

and i dont know when he killed or devoured eternity. mind tellin me cause i mustv missed it.

I never said he devoured Eternity.
At Full power he becomes Eternity's equal, it happened already on panel.

leonheartmm
u CAN say that as certified HERO, yes ion is overall the most powerful. {this is when u take the PIS out of some other heroes though}

Grimm22
Galactus at 100% should win this

leonheartmm
yea his death WILL bring about the end of the universe but HIS POWER wont be the one responsible as abraxas is not constituted of HIS power. his PURPOSE is very great but his POWER{which is what were discussing} is NOT compareable. at FULL power, right after he has devoured a large enough planet and bloodlust the max he can do is destroy galaxies with his POWER. if he dies and ABRAXAS does the destroying than its the lack of galactus's PURPOSE which is responsible not his POWER. so no in POWER galactus is nowhere near an abstract. in PURPOSE he is near but not AT ETERNITY LEVEL. hes like a switch to a nuke. the nuke is useless without it and vice versa but remember that its the switch trigerring the nuke not the nuke triggering the switch to destroy so no he is NOT as important as eternity either.

Mr Master
yea his death WILL bring about the end of the universe but HIS POWER wont be the one responsible as abraxas is not constituted of HIS power.

Dude I never said Galactus can destroy the Multi-verse.

at FULL power, right after he has devoured a large enough planet and bloodlust the max he can do is destroy galaxies with his POWER.

No matter how many planets Galactus absorbs, it will NEVER make him Full power.

Only by absorbing his Ship, can Galactus become Full power.
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8286/doomabsorbsbiggshipki1.th.jpg
"Perhaps the greatest Energy Source in the Universe"

Doom becoming Full Powered Galactus.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/930/doomabsorbsbiggship3yh7.th.jpg

so no in POWER galactus is nowhere near an abstract.

At Full power he's equal to greatest Abstract of them all, Eternity.

in PURPOSE he is near but not AT ETERNITY LEVEL.
so no he is NOT as important as eternity either.

In purpose he's far beyond Eternity.

Eternity is ONE meaningless universe.

Galactus dies, and the ENTIRE MULITI-VERSE will begin to FOLD!

leonheartmm
come on dude, saying galactus is more purposeful than eternity isnt true seeing as eternity MADE him in the first place and the imbalance is in ETERNITY and not in galactus. as i said before the switch is neede for the bomb but the bomb isnt needed for the switch reguardless of them being useless without the other. that statement is a plot device probably just like odin's punch ROCKING the entire multiverse etc.

Avalonofthewind
nope not true. ion is around inbetweener power level. not the most powerful in any respect. prallex was much more powerful{the BEING which posessed hal and was after the spectar's power} he actually defeated spectar.

OG Ion could have unmade parallax easily. Even the Spectre agreed.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

when did the spectar agree to this?

Mr Master
saying galactus is more purposeful than eternity isnt true seeing as eternity MADE him in the first place and the imbalance is in ETERNITY and not in galactus.

Are you reading my posts at all, or are you messing with me?

I have NEVER said, Galactus is more powerful than Eternity.

Galactus at FULL POWER is EQUAL to Eternity, NOT more powerful.

This is no surprise, Galactus's next step in evolution is to become a Universe (Eternity)

as i said before the switch is neede for the bomb but the bomb isnt needed for the switch reguardless of them being useless without the other.

That analogy has nothing to do with the facts.

If Galactus dies, Abraxas appears to destroy Multi-verse...No one can stop him, except for the Ultimate Nullifier.

The Multi-verse will Fold/Collapse as Abraxas kills EVERY Galactus in the Multi-verse.

This is how he goes about destroying the Multiverse.

His end goal is to retrieve the Ultimate Nullifier, to erase the Multi-verse entirely.

that statement is a plot device probably just like odin's punch ROCKING the entire multiverse etc.

Perhaps.

But for now that's pure speculation,

so the scans stand as valid.

Batman Beyond

well if you think that parallax is stronger then thats what you think wink

Batman Beyond

and i agree with you big grin

Avalonofthewind
when did the spectar agree to this?

Ion was a badass character.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6007/ionspectrend6.th.jpg

Ion was also reffered as the "Hand of God" more than once...

Mr Master

Ion was reffered to as the "Hand of God" more than once...

I love on panel proof.

nice Av.

Avalonofthewind
I love on panel proof.

nice Av.

Thanks. I tend to make big claims and dispute what others think is reality, but I always try to have scans on hand for such incidents.

I'm sure you can relate. wink

Validus

Yeah, Spectre seemed to speak to Kyle as a peer which definitely isn't the type of respect he just handed out.

Batman Beyond

indeed he was. rock on av cool Happy Dance

Jesse7
wow when did that happen? Was that scan before the SBP arc? Because I thought Spectre is hostless right now, I thought Hal hasn't been the Spectre for some time?

Some one clear this up for me?

Avalonofthewind
wow when did that happen? Was that scan before the SBP arc? Because I thought Spectre is hostless right now, I thought Hal hasn't been the Spectre for some time?

It's before Infinite crisis and before GL Rebirth.

Batman Beyond

this is from the classic ion arc

hulkrulz
He keeps balance between the whole f@#$%#* universe he can be moer powerful than anything out in the marvel universes and DC universes, almost all universes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.