IG-88 vs. Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kreiger
All 4 IG-88's vs. Boba Fett
Fight on the Streets of Coruscant
Fight in Space above Coruscant

I think Boba would win both as he killed IG-88B in Bespin, and C and D above Tatooine

Mesirus
come on man, Boba all the way

xxxpoppunker182
boba killed like 2 or 3 of the ig-88's

Captain REX
Boba, with ease. IG-88 may be a walking weapon, but he's not that great apparently.

Akira99
According to that Bounty Hunters novel Boba Fett does indeed destroy 3 of the IG-88s
One he blasts with some sort of missile weapon in Cloud City when one of the assassination droids attempts to steal Han Solo or something as it comes through the door and then shoots it again and then plants the room with thermal detonators blowing it to smithereens.
The others he destroys in a space dual - he kill two of these droids this way. One of the IG-88s becomes the processor of the Death Star 2 I read
Against all 4 on Coruscant streets? I think this would be tough. He only defeated one in such a way and even then he was lucky as the droids was attacked just when it came into room. I'd like to say Boba Fett as I just love him etc. but that would be fanboyism and I doubt he really could fight all 4 of them in an open duel and emerge victorious. Not unless he was VERY lucky and found some way...
Against all 4 in space dual. Defeatign 2 of them was a close call and it was pretty miraculous but against 4 may be just pushing it. Same answer as b4

Captain REX
I just realized that it said all four on the streets...

I think Boba would have to be pretty resourceful to get all four of them. He can take them on one at a time, no question, but IG-88 A through D all have a vast array of weapons. He might have trouble dodging explosives and flamethrowers and blasters and pulse cannons all at once.

Sith Lord Windu
mabye for the same resons as above. he has been hunting his whole life and he learned from the best, so i think boba.

Darth Kreiger
Take in mind the crowd in the area, and twists and turns of Coruscant, and Boba has a Jet-Pack.

The IG-2000's were very good too, top of the line ships.

Quinlan_Vos
Boba Fett, no doubt.

Infinity
boba. ez pk

jollyjim311
Boba, on a good day, could pull this off. It'll be hard as hell, though.

Blaxican Hydra
The IG-88's win. People on this forum greatly underestimate the power of greater numbers in a fire fight. Though it's understandable seeing as how most of the battles in the movies and books were the good guys ae outnumbered yet they always win...

The IG-88's are excellent shots, better than Han and probably just as good or better than Boba. They can move pretty damn fast as well, AND from what I remember they have rockets, grenada launchers and crap like that. (Thought that may be wrong)

Somehow I don't see Boba, even with all his great skill, dodging like 30-50 EXTREMELY well placed shots per second. The only way he can pull this off is if he resorts to geurrila warfare, I.E. seperating one, than finishing him off, than going back into hiding.

Darth Kreiger
But what about in Space? Against all 4 IG-2000's in his Slave 1?

jollyjim311
Well, Boba's armor could last him for a little while against the 88's weapons, and with explosives, a great shot, a tracking helmet and an ion gun, he could probably get it down to 2 of them relatively fast and then take cover. Then in a tough battle, Boba wins. This is how I see the fight going if it was in a comic. Mostly everything seems to be in the IG's favor, but, I really don't see Boba losing to them.

Blaxican Hydra
He loses me thinks. As I said before the IG-88's are all extremely smart and are excellent shots. Their reflexes are also superb. The way Boba killed that one IG-88 in his ship was because he tricked him in the atmosphere of tatooine *?* (Don't remember for sure...) and In open space I dont think his luck will hold out.

Blue_Hefner
How could Boba have destoryed a IG-88 if Grievous was dead for like 30 years?

Blaxican Hydra
Um...

Have you ever read Tales of the Bounty hunters?

Akira99
Great book that. Its funny the way the IG-88s seem to see themselves as superior to everyone and have well-used unsubtle comments about people. Like when the Emperor couldn't open the door lol and when that ugly woman on Mecca 3 shot an IG-88 and it rebounded back and made her head explode

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
How could Boba have destoryed a IG-88 if Grievous was dead for like 30 years?

The BodyGuards were called the IG-100 Magnadroid series, yay Lucas, have to connect EVERYTHING to the Prequels
IG-88 were 4 Renegade Assassin droids, that wanted to destroy all "Organics" and the first one became the 2nd Death Star

Again, take into account the setting of this fight people, Streets of Coruscant, he can use his Smarts to trap them

Akira99
I wonder what happened to that IG-72 that was in Mecca factory after it went seperate ways with IG-88s

Blaxican Hydra
IG-88 probably had it terminated, lol. Though subtly.

darthsith19
Boba gets pwnd. Seriously, have you read I think, therefore I am? One IG-88, alone and unarmed kills all the people in the room he was activated in in mere seconds. The IG-88's have tons of weapons, as many as Boba does and they can actually deflect lasers back at the shooter with their hands. Their virtuallly indestructable - in Shadows of the Emperor when it takes Dash like a hundred shots to kill one, that's probably about how many it'd really take, it's not an exaggeration. Seriously, Boba could maybe kill one with hos rocket but he'd probably be dead long before he got the chance. Sure he killed one on Bespin but only cause he knew it was comign and set a trap for it and then he defeated 2 others but that was only because it was a spaceship battle. Truthfully Boba vs. One IG-88 would be close, though I'd give that to Boba 6/10 but against all 4? Anyone who thinks Boba'd win needs to read I think, therefore I am.

xxxpoppunker182
so what dash rendar killed an ig-88. the forum says ig-88 vs boba just one vs boba boba wins. you guys are fricken retarded for even thinking boba would lose.(besides boba did kill 2 of them)

here's proof of what happened to all 4

IG-88A

Main article: IG-88A

IG-88A was one of the four similiar assassin droids of the IG-88 line. He was the leader of the IG-88s. When he rebelled against his creators on Holowan, he transfered all of his memories and files into the other IG-88s. He designated them IG-88s B, C, and D, in the order they were activated. He traveled to Mechis III with his counter parts and started his droid rebellion there. He planned to take over the Galaxy with droids because he thought droids were far superior than biologicals. He uploaded himself into the second Death Star, and was about to start his droid rebellion all over the Galaxy, when the rebels destroyed him. Later his body was reactivated by Tyko Thul and reprogrammed and he protected him and his family from the Diversity Alliance.

IG-88B

Main article: IG-88B

One of the four sentient killing machines of the IG-88 line. It was agreed by all four of the units that this one would be the bounty hunter as to distract any attention from Mechis III where the droid revolution was being conducted. It flew the first sleek ship of its class: the IG-2000. It was this one that was onboard the Super Star Destroyer Executor during the hunt for Han Solo. While onboard, it learned of the new Death Star project underway at the forest moon of Endor. It relayed the information to the other three IG-88's. Afterwards, it started placing trackers on all of the bounty hunters' ships that were present, he would use them to find Solo. Boba Fett was not fooled; he allowed IG-88B to follow him to Bespin, where the droid met its end. IG-88B was left as scrap in the bowels of Cloud City.

IG-88C

Main article: IG-88C

Another of the four similar assassin droids of the IG-88 line, it and IG-88D were assigned as guards of Mechis III, should any intruder come upon their operation there. When IG-88B was destroyed, C and D left to pursue Boba Fett and avenge their fallen brother. IG-88C would be destroyed in Fett's counter-attack.

IG-88D

The fourth IG-88 assassin droid. It and IG-88C were used as guards on Mechis III. When C and D were ordered to intercept Boba Fett, IG-88C was destroyed. D, however, suddenly emerged from hyperspace and fired on Slave I. When it seemed as if Fett was going to crash into the deserts of Tatooine, IG-88D sent an ultimatum. When Boba didn't respond and plunged deeper towards the surface, the droid had no idea what the bounty hunter was doing. Fett suddenly pulled a fast one and hit the air brakes, stopping in mid-air as IG-88D's IG-2000 craft blew past him. Boba Fett then used his ship's tractor beam to pull D's ship to him and unleashed a barrage of fire on the craft. IG-88D was thought destroyed in the assault, but Dash Rendar later battled with and destroyed IG-88D on Ord Mantell while looking for information about the carbonite entombed Han Solo.

Ub4r_bwnz0r
Removed for eyesore.

darthsith19
Wait, who's retarded? The thread says "All 4 IG-88's vs. Boba Fett
Fight in Space above Coruscant"

So I think you should take that comment back. And, as I already stated, Boba killed one of them by setting a trap and the other he killed in a spaceship battle. He never killed any in a straigght-up fight, let alone all 4 at once. And the rest of your post is stuff from Wikipedia, and I already knew what happened to all of them, I've read "I think, therefor I am". Have you?

Don't do that again, the mods won't like posts like that and neither will anybody else.

xxxpoppunker182
k i was reading the main topic of the thread which is ig-88 vs boba fett but yes i now see it says all of them vs boba.

so now i say boba kills one or 2 on Coruscant streets then dies

and i say he can take out all of them in space it would be tough but he could do it.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
so what dash rendar killed an ig-88. the forum says ig-88 vs boba just one vs boba boba wins. you guys are fricken retarded for even thinking boba would lose.(besides boba did kill 2 of them)

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
All 4 IG-88's vs. Boba Fett
Fight in Space above Coruscant

I think Boba would win both as he killed IG-88B in Bespin, and C and D above Tatooine Read the post first, think, and then speak. Lesson of the day, "poppunker".

Ub4r_bwnz0r
Originally posted by darthsith19
Wait, who's retarded? The thread says "All 4 IG-88's vs. Boba Fett
Fight in Space above Coruscant"

So I think you should take that comment back. And, as I already stated, Boba killed one of them by setting a trap and the other he killed in a spaceship battle. He never killed any in a straigght-up fight, let alone all 4 at once. And the rest of your post is stuff from Wikipedia, and I already knew what happened to all of them, I've read "I think, therefor I am". Have you?

Don't do that again, the mods won't like posts like that and neither will anybody else.

Removed for eyesore stupidity.

Captain REX
Do not make posts like that, sock.

Advent
I've read "I think, therefor I am". Have you?

Originally posted by Janus Marius
And of course, few know how Descartes died. He walked into a bar, sat down dejected, and when asked by the bartender if he wanted a drink, Descartes replied "I think not" and disappeared in a puff of logic.

darthsith19
confused

Hewkii_Dude
Boba couse he alredy killed ig-88 once

darthsith19
But not all 4 at once, and the one that he did kill he set a trap for because he knew it was coming for him.

Hewkii_Dude
But not all 4 at once, and the one that he did kill he set a trap for because he knew it was coming for him.

is it four of them? stick out tongue i didnt know, nah he would probaly kill them big grin it is just droids big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.