KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » IG-88 vs. Boba Fett

IG-88 vs. Boba Fett
Started by: Darth Kreiger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

IG-88 vs. Boba Fett

All 4 IG-88's vs. Boba Fett
Fight on the Streets of Coruscant
Fight in Space above Coruscant

I think Boba would win both as he killed IG-88B in Bespin, and C and D above Tatooine

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

come on man, Boba all the way

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

boba killed like 2 or 3 of the ig-88's

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 09:24 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Boba, with ease. IG-88 may be a walking weapon, but he's not that great apparently.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:44 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akira99
Servant of ESP

According to that Bounty Hunters novel Boba Fett does indeed destroy 3 of the IG-88s
One he blasts with some sort of missile weapon in Cloud City when one of the assassination droids attempts to steal Han Solo or something as it comes through the door and then shoots it again and then plants the room with thermal detonators blowing it to smithereens.
The others he destroys in a space dual - he kill two of these droids this way. One of the IG-88s becomes the processor of the Death Star 2 I read
Against all 4 on Coruscant streets? I think this would be tough. He only defeated one in such a way and even then he was lucky as the droids was attacked just when it came into room. I'd like to say Boba Fett as I just love him etc. but that would be fanboyism and I doubt he really could fight all 4 of them in an open duel and emerge victorious. Not unless he was VERY lucky and found some way...
Against all 4 in space dual. Defeatign 2 of them was a close call and it was pretty miraculous but against 4 may be just pushing it. Same answer as b4

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I just realized that it said all four on the streets...

I think Boba would have to be pretty resourceful to get all four of them. He can take them on one at a time, no question, but IG-88 A through D all have a vast array of weapons. He might have trouble dodging explosives and flamethrowers and blasters and pulse cannons all at once.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:56 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Lord Windu

mabye for the same resons as above. he has been hunting his whole life and he learned from the best, so i think boba.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Sith Lord Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Lord Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Take in mind the crowd in the area, and twists and turns of Coruscant, and Boba has a Jet-Pack.

The IG-2000's were very good too, top of the line ships.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Boba Fett, no doubt.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 12:14 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

boba. ez pk

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Boba, on a good day, could pull this off. It'll be hard as hell, though.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 04:13 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The IG-88's win. People on this forum greatly underestimate the power of greater numbers in a fire fight. Though it's understandable seeing as how most of the battles in the movies and books were the good guys ae outnumbered yet they always win...

The IG-88's are excellent shots, better than Han and probably just as good or better than Boba. They can move pretty damn fast as well, AND from what I remember they have rockets, grenada launchers and crap like that. (Thought that may be wrong)

Somehow I don't see Boba, even with all his great skill, dodging like 30-50 EXTREMELY well placed shots per second. The only way he can pull this off is if he resorts to geurrila warfare, I.E. seperating one, than finishing him off, than going back into hiding.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

But what about in Space? Against all 4 IG-2000's in his Slave 1?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:08 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Well, Boba's armor could last him for a little while against the 88's weapons, and with explosives, a great shot, a tracking helmet and an ion gun, he could probably get it down to 2 of them relatively fast and then take cover. Then in a tough battle, Boba wins. This is how I see the fight going if it was in a comic. Mostly everything seems to be in the IG's favor, but, I really don't see Boba losing to them.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:13 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He loses me thinks. As I said before the IG-88's are all extremely smart and are excellent shots. Their reflexes are also superb. The way Boba killed that one IG-88 in his ship was because he tricked him in the atmosphere of tatooine *?* (Don't remember for sure...) and In open space I dont think his luck will hold out.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

How could Boba have destoryed a IG-88 if Grievous was dead for like 30 years?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um...

Have you ever read Tales of the Bounty hunters?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 07:05 PM
Akira99
Servant of ESP

Great book that. Its funny the way the IG-88s seem to see themselves as superior to everyone and have well-used unsubtle comments about people. Like when the Emperor couldn't open the door lol and when that ugly woman on Mecca 3 shot an IG-88 and it rebounded back and made her head explode

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
How could Boba have destoryed a IG-88 if Grievous was dead for like 30 years?

The BodyGuards were called the IG-100 Magnadroid series, yay Lucas, have to connect EVERYTHING to the Prequels
IG-88 were 4 Renegade Assassin droids, that wanted to destroy all "Organics" and the first one became the 2nd Death Star

Again, take into account the setting of this fight people, Streets of Coruscant, he can use his Smarts to trap them

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 09:25 PM
Akira99
Servant of ESP

I wonder what happened to that IG-72 that was in Mecca factory after it went seperate ways with IG-88s

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:02 PM