could dooku ever become as powerful as sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB Vader
well ok in the movies id say the coolest sith lord is count dooku and also what i like about him is that he is very intelligent and patient,

but i was wondering could he mave mastered the powers sidious did?
sidious didnt learn the ancient powers on his own but from holocrons this and that

and i think dooku could have done the same had he not been busy in the clone wars, like force storm(which i find the most intresting) force drain and lotsa others.

i also think dooku could have been and DE sidious level if he learned exactly what sidious did and also his lightsaber form

Advent
Originally posted by ESB Vader
but i was wondering could he mave mastered the powers sidious did?

It's doubtful he could ever master them to the degree Sidious did, and it's even more unlikely he'd ever be able to produce a devastating effect.

If he got them from holocrons - he learned them himself. There was no one to teach him how to master those techniques, yet he did.

How does that make any sense to say he "didn't learn them on his own? You can't just be instilled with powers x, y, and z. You have to learn them, you have to master them.

Palpatine didn't even learn those techniques during the PT.

As I said, no one could ever master them to the degree Sidious did. No one could ever produce as much of a devastating effect as Sidious (in the Dark Lord category that is). Sidious > Dooku in raw Force power. And there's more to the Force storm than just finding out about it.

I'm sure he could've learned about them, but so could Anakin, so could Darth Maul, and so on. Who cares?

No, he couldn't. Just learning the powers doesn't mean you'll be as powerful. Sorry. Sidious and Dooku both knew Force lightning. Hell, a nightsister, Mgheela, knew Force lightning. Out of those - who's lightning is the most powerful?

Answer: Sidious'. Why? Because he's more powerful in the Force. He has a better affinity for the Force. Dooku could never be on DE Sidious' level.

And Sidious' lightsaber form has absolutely jack shit to do with power. It depends solely upon the user to determine the skill with a blade. That is obvious even in our world. For example, one master of Aikido can beat another master of Aikido. It depends upon the practitioner themselves, not just learning the form.

Akira99
i think Dooku spent decades of his life studying the force - the light side that is and mastered it to jedi master level like Yoda etc.
Sidious seems far more powerful cuz he was probably trained from childhood by Darth Plaguies and its only a matter of time before the book comes out and we find out how powerful he is - we already know he possibly has ability to cheat death etc. so he must have given Sids very high class training
So if Dooku was trained by that master sith maybe he could. Then again maybe Sid's potential is just higher because even though Dooku is older he still has not got the same telekinetic power etc. - can't move things as big and fast and his force lightning doesn't have as much impact

ESB Vader
advent y do u doubt dooku could never become as powerful as sidious?

exanda kane
I agree with that Advent guy.

As much as I find Sidious dull and boring, someone like Dooku could never match Sidious. Dooku is just one of Sidious' pawns, albeit an interesting one with a political agenda.

Akira99
I think Advent is female

exanda kane
Bah, can't edit it now.

My mistake.

Escape81
No.

Lucas confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that Dooku didn't even have the potential to become as powerful as Palpatine.

That's the source I used to ultimately defeat the argument that transpired here, months ago, that Dooku was as powerful as Sidious.

He's not, and he never could be.

Decay
yeah, dooku was very powerful, but along with yoda sidious is the greatest force user in the pt/ot. dooku would be a second along with mace probably, but their far off being as freakishly good as yoda and sidious.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Escape81
No.

Lucas confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that Dooku didn't even have the potential to become as powerful as Palpatine.

That's the source I used to ultimately defeat the argument that transpired here, months ago, that Dooku was as powerful as Sidious.

Indeed. Well that settles that then... cool

Sith'ari
I tend to think of Dooku as being a whole league under Sidious.

Darth Kreiger
Dooku was at his Peak in ROTS

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Dooku was at his Peak in ROTS

Thats a pretty bold statement. Im not arguing it but do you have any proof to back it up? I would like to know when excactly Dooku was at the height of his power.

I dont doubt that Dooku would have someday become as powerful as ROTS Sidious - but by that time Sidious himself would have increased in power several fold. Dooku and Sidious will never be equal in power at the same time.

Also I would put Yoda and Sids in a league of their own. Then Dooku, Mace and Anakin in a league below that (maybe Kenobi?) and then everyone else after that.

Darth Kreiger
Well for 1 Sidious saying he would get an Apprentice Far more Younger and MORE POWERFUL, Dooku was like 80? He isn't likely to learn much more. I believe the Novelization said something along the lines of this too

ESB Vader
well i agree, sigh maybe dooku could be as powerful as DE sidious if he was like 20 yrs old going down the path to master what sidious mastered

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Well for 1 Sidious saying he would get an Apprentice Far more Younger and MORE POWERFUL, Dooku was like 80? He isn't likely to learn much more. I believe the Novelization said something along the lines of this too

True. But him being 80 wouldnt hinder his abilty to become stronger I dont think. Who knows how much longer he would stay alive, perhaps 20 years, becasue its not like he was unfit or showed any signs of slowing down. So in 20 years there is a hell of alot he would be able to learn, get better at and master. Probably not in the physical aspects of life but certainly in terms of the force.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Rampant ox
True. But him being 80 wouldnt hinder his abilty to become stronger I dont think. Who knows how much longer he would stay alive, perhaps 20 years, becasue its not like he was unfit or showed any signs of slowing down. So in 20 years there is a hell of alot he would be able to learn, get better at and master. Probably not in the physical aspects of life but certainly in terms of the force.

well what if he was like 20 years old with the same mastery as he is at 80? then he goes 60 years down the road problably doing what sidious did learning force storms blahs and the ancient sith techniques?

hey well i mean if he was 20 going that all the way till he is 80 years old wouldnt that make him powerful? like learning the force storm at maybe 30 years old and mastering it,

if u talk about the movie dooku i think he is abit too old to learn anything sidious did

Rampant ox
well what if he was like 20 years old with the same mastery as he is at 80? then he goes 60 years down the road problably doing what sidious did learning force storms blahs and the ancient sith techniques?

hey well i mean if he was 20 going that all the way till he is 80 years old wouldnt that make him powerful? like learning the force storm at maybe 30 years old and mastering it,

If Dooku was 20 years old, had all the same skills as the movies and still had 60+ years of training to go he would be friggin unstoppable. But he is 80 years old. This doesnt mean he cant learn new things, merely that he doesnt have enough time left to master certain abilties to the degree that Sidious has.

Age itself is irrelevant. It just depends on how much time you have to learn and master the given technique.

Lord Saboteur
If Dooku was 20 years old, had all the same skills as the movies and still had 60+ years of training to go he would be friggin unstoppable. But he is 80 years old. This doesnt mean he cant learn new things, merely that he doesnt have enough time left to master certain abilties to the degree that Sidious has.

Age itself is irrelevant. It just depends on how much time you have to learn and master the given technique. I wouldn't say he'd be unstoppable, but he'd be stronger and wiser than before by the time he hits 80 for the second time.

Rampant ox
Well when he is 80 in the movies he is on par with Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. So if he had the same skills at 20 he would still be on par with them but this time have an extra 60+ years to build on that. I wouldnt be suprised if he reached the level of Yoda and Sidious.

ESB -1138
Dooku was already 80+ and so he was basically as strong as he was going to get. Palpatine was what 20 years younger then Dooku or so and he was clearly more powerful then him then.

I doubt Dooku would have managed to grow as strong or stronger then the great dark Lord of the Sith.

Advent
Well when he is 80 in the movies he is on par with Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. So if he had the same skills at 20 he would still be on par with them but this time have an extra 60+ years to build on that. I wouldnt be suprised if he reached the level of Yoda and Sidious.

Yeah, but Dooku as an 80 year old would be more powerful in the ways of the Force than his younger self. He had no Dark side knowledge until he was 67 presumably (13 years Dark side, right?).

Plus, Dooku's potential is stated by George "Almighty F*cking" Lucas, as Escape showed us, to never be on par with Sidious, ergo it's impossible to become as powerful as Sidious would become.

And really, if Sidious had the skills he had in ROTJ, even ROTS - yet he were only twenty, he would surpass his previous incarnations power. We'd have DE Sidious replacing ROTJ Sidious. That's obvious. Though, it is possible for him to be on par with ROTS Sidious. Given we don't know if he's reached his potential yet, which assumingly he has - as there's no indication he'd ever grow more powerful. It's just fact he could never be on par with DE Sidious, and it's doubtful he'd even be on par with ROTJ.

No. That'd be impossible. Potential = limit of power. Since Dooku's potential is not on par with Sidious', he'll never be as powerful as Sidious could become. Even if he was twenty.

Dooku could never be on par with DE Sidious. There's really no "maybe" about it.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Advent
Yeah,

Plus, Dooku's potential is stated by George "Almighty F*cking" Lucas, as Escape showed us, to never be on par with Sidious, ergo it's impossible to become as powerful as Sidious would become.

No. That'd be impossible. Potential = limit of power. Since Dooku's potential is not on par with Sidious', he'll never be as powerful as Sidious could become. Even if he was twenty.

Dooku could never be on par with DE Sidious. There's really no "maybe" about it.

how would u know dookus potential is not on par with sidious?
i mean lets just say at 20 years old with the same skills as being 80 years old and going 60 years down the same path sidious sdid,
and we do not know anything about dookus potential, he only bca a sith at 67 as u claim but having same skills in 20 yrs old as being 80 in the movies and gonna do down 60 years theres hell alot to learn....

you might never know, he could have learnt the force storm on his own.
the reason why sidious is so powerful is because yes he does have alot of potential but also because he lived longer than dooku and he became a sith at a very young age i presume

Escape81
Lucas said that Dooku's potential is not on par with Sidious's. Point moot.

((The_Anomaly))
how would u know dookus potential is not on par with sidious?
i mean lets just say at 20 years old with the same skills as being 80 years old and going 60 years down the same path sidious sdid,
and we do not know anything about dookus potential, he only bca a sith at 67 as u claim but having same skills in 20 yrs old as being 80 in the movies and gonna do down 60 years theres hell alot to learn....

you might never know, he could have learnt the force storm on his own.
the reason why sidious is so powerful is because yes he does have alot of potential but also because he lived longer than dooku and he became a sith at a very young age i presume

Answer:

No.

Well that settles that. Too bad.

Rampant ox
In that interview what Palplatine was GL referring to? ROTS, DE etc. Because he might have been referring to Palps at the height of his power. So it is possible that Dooku could become as strong, if not stronger than ROTS Sidious - but he would never become as powerful as someone like DE Sidious.

((The_Anomaly))
Lucas doesn't refer to EU, unless he's saying that he doesn't follow or refer to EU lol. I'd be willing to bet that Lucas doesn't even know there is a DE Palpatine. When Lucas refers to characters, he always is referring to movie characters. He doesn't consider EU Star Wars to be apart of his vision, and therefore he doesn't care about it (in a story context, he does care about the money it gets him though lol)

Its movie Palpatine he was talking about. (Any of the movies)

Escape81
In that interview what Palplatine was GL referring to? ROTS, DE etc. Because he might have been referring to Palps at the height of his power. So it is possible that Dooku could become as strong, if not stronger than ROTS Sidious - but he would never become as powerful as someone like DE Sidious.

RotS.

Look, Rampant, these antics are ridiculous. I'm sorry, but RotS Sidious owns Dooku. DE Sidious WTFPWNs him. Dooku will always be inferior, weaker, and dumber than Palpatine and that's a fact that you're just going to have to accept.

ESB Vader
another fanbrat

((The_Anomaly))
another fanbrat

What?

Rampant ox
RotS.

Look, Rampant, these antics are ridiculous. I'm sorry, but RotS Sidious owns Dooku. DE Sidious WTFPWNs him. Dooku will always be inferior, weaker, and dumber than Palpatine and that's a fact that you're just going to have to accept.

Hahaha I dont mean at the same time. If Dooku did ever become as powerful as Sidious was in ROTS then Sidious himself would have got several times stronger. They will never be even in strength at the same time, Dooku will always trail Sidious. So lets say Dooku did reach the level that Sidious was in ROTS, by that time Sidious would be at the level of DE Sidious. Get my point?

another fanbrat

That better not have been directed at me.

ESB Vader
Hahaha I dont mean at the same time. If Dooku did ever become as powerful as Sidious was in ROTS then Sidious himself would have got several times stronger. They will never be even in strength at the same time, Dooku will always trail Sidious. So lets say Dooku did reach the level that Sidious was in ROTS, by that time Sidious would be at the level of DE Sidious. Get my point?

That better not have been directed at me.

sure i do and no i wasnt directng it towards u.

but my point is that if dookus powers were at 80years old when hes 20 and trailing sidious following his footsteps and doing what sidious did,
it is possible that he could have done what DE sidious done its just my opinion, that means when he trails and follows he learns how sidious does things and it might be possible he learns them at being 20 yearsold when mastering what he did at 80.

some1 that young does have alot of potential and his powers would grow 60 years into the future.

someone being 20 years old and having mastery of of what he mastered at 80 can be a really dangerous enemy once he reaches maybe 50 years into the future.

the dooku we see now cannot move any forward because of his age and he only was in the darkside for 13 years.

sidious has far more experience than dooku.

Sith Lord Windu
another fanbrat

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

ESB Vader
/points at sithlord windu

an no im not a fanbrat im a fan, not fanboy fangirl and fanshemale
im giving my opinion

Sith Lord Windu
/points at sithlord windu

an no im not a fanbrat im a fan, not fanboy fangirl and fanshemale
im giving my opinion

/points at esb vader

i was talking about rampant ox, he never uses common sense when it comes to dooku

Dooku < palp'

ESB Vader
o i c well at least i might be >.>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.