KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » could dooku ever become as powerful as sidious

could dooku ever become as powerful as sidious
Started by: ESB Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

could dooku ever become as powerful as sidious

well ok in the movies id say the coolest sith lord is count dooku and also what i like about him is that he is very intelligent and patient,

but i was wondering could he mave mastered the powers sidious did?
sidious didnt learn the ancient powers on his own but from holocrons this and that

and i think dooku could have done the same had he not been busy in the clone wars, like force storm(which i find the most intresting) force drain and lotsa others.

i also think dooku could have been and DE sidious level if he learned exactly what sidious did and also his lightsaber form

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 08:00 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Re: could dooku ever become as powerful as sidious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB Vader
[B]but i was wondering could he mave mastered the powers sidious did?

It's doubtful he could ever master them to the degree Sidious did, and it's even more unlikely he'd ever be able to produce a devastating effect.

quote:
sidious didnt learn the ancient powers on his own but from holocrons this and that

If he got them from holocrons - he learned them himself. There was no one to teach him how to master those techniques, yet he did.

How does that make any sense to say he "didn't learn them on his own? You can't just be instilled with powers x, y, and z. You have to learn them, you have to master them.

quote:
and i think dooku could have done the same had he not been busy in the clone wars,

Palpatine didn't even learn those techniques during the PT.

quote:
like force storm(which i find the most intresting) force drain and lotsa others.

As I said, no one could ever master them to the degree Sidious did. No one could ever produce as much of a devastating effect as Sidious (in the Dark Lord category that is). Sidious > Dooku in raw Force power. And there's more to the Force storm than just finding out about it.

I'm sure he could've learned about them, but so could Anakin, so could Darth Maul, and so on. Who cares?

quote:
i also think dooku could have been and DE sidious level if he learned exactly what sidious did and also his lightsaber form

No, he couldn't. Just learning the powers doesn't mean you'll be as powerful. Sorry. Sidious and Dooku both knew Force lightning. Hell, a nightsister, Mgheela, knew Force lightning. Out of those - who's lightning is the most powerful?

Answer: Sidious'. Why? Because he's more powerful in the Force. He has a better affinity for the Force. Dooku could never be on DE Sidious' level.

And Sidious' lightsaber form has absolutely jack shit to do with power. It depends solely upon the user to determine the skill with a blade. That is obvious even in our world. For example, one master of Aikido can beat another master of Aikido. It depends upon the practitioner themselves, not just learning the form.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 08:26 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akira99
Servant of ESP

i think Dooku spent decades of his life studying the force - the light side that is and mastered it to jedi master level like Yoda etc.
Sidious seems far more powerful cuz he was probably trained from childhood by Darth Plaguies and its only a matter of time before the book comes out and we find out how powerful he is - we already know he possibly has ability to cheat death etc. so he must have given Sids very high class training
So if Dooku was trained by that master sith maybe he could. Then again maybe Sid's potential is just higher because even though Dooku is older he still has not got the same telekinetic power etc. - can't move things as big and fast and his force lightning doesn't have as much impact [though this may just be because Dooku has been training in the dark side far less than Sids has]

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

advent y do u doubt dooku could never become as powerful as sidious?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 08:59 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I agree with that Advent guy.

As much as I find Sidious dull and boring, someone like Dooku could never match Sidious. Dooku is just one of Sidious' pawns, albeit an interesting one with a political agenda.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:48 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akira99
Servant of ESP

I think Advent is female

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Bah, can't edit it now.

My mistake.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:43 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

Lucas confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that Dooku didn't even have the potential to become as powerful as Palpatine.

That's the source I used to ultimately defeat the argument that transpired here, months ago, that Dooku was as powerful as Sidious.

He's not, and he never could be.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

yeah, dooku was very powerful, but along with yoda sidious is the greatest force user in the pt/ot. dooku would be a second along with mace probably, but their far off being as freakishly good as yoda and sidious.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Escape81
No.

Lucas confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that Dooku didn't even have the potential to become as powerful as Palpatine.

That's the source I used to ultimately defeat the argument that transpired here, months ago, that Dooku was as powerful as Sidious.

He's not, and he never could be.

Indeed. Well that settles that then... cool

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 04:05 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

I tend to think of Dooku as being a whole league under Sidious.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Dooku was at his Peak in ROTS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Dooku was at his Peak in ROTS

Thats a pretty bold statement. Im not arguing it but do you have any proof to back it up? I would like to know when excactly Dooku was at the height of his power.

I dont doubt that Dooku would have someday become as powerful as ROTS Sidious - but by that time Sidious himself would have increased in power several fold. Dooku and Sidious will never be equal in power at the same time.

Also I would put Yoda and Sids in a league of their own. Then Dooku, Mace and Anakin in a league below that (maybe Kenobi?) and then everyone else after that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Well for 1 Sidious saying he would get an Apprentice Far more Younger and MORE POWERFUL, Dooku was like 80? He isn't likely to learn much more. I believe the Novelization said something along the lines of this too

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:12 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i agree, sigh maybe dooku could be as powerful as DE sidious if he was like 20 yrs old going down the path to master what sidious mastered

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:18 AM
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Well for 1 Sidious saying he would get an Apprentice Far more Younger and MORE POWERFUL, Dooku was like 80? He isn't likely to learn much more. I believe the Novelization said something along the lines of this too

True. But him being 80 wouldnt hinder his abilty to become stronger I dont think. Who knows how much longer he would stay alive, perhaps 20 years, becasue its not like he was unfit or showed any signs of slowing down. So in 20 years there is a hell of alot he would be able to learn, get better at and master. Probably not in the physical aspects of life but certainly in terms of the force.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:27 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rampant ox
True. But him being 80 wouldnt hinder his abilty to become stronger I dont think. Who knows how much longer he would stay alive, perhaps 20 years, becasue its not like he was unfit or showed any signs of slowing down. So in 20 years there is a hell of alot he would be able to learn, get better at and master. Probably not in the physical aspects of life but certainly in terms of the force.

well what if he was like 20 years old with the same mastery as he is at 80? then he goes 60 years down the road problably doing what sidious did learning force storms blahs and the ancient sith techniques?

hey well i mean if he was 20 going that all the way till he is 80 years old wouldnt that make him powerful? like learning the force storm at maybe 30 years old and mastering it,

if u talk about the movie dooku i think he is abit too old to learn anything sidious did

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 11:19 AM
Rampant ox

Originally posted by ESB Vader
[B]well what if he was like 20 years old with the same mastery as he is at 80? then he goes 60 years down the road problably doing what sidious did learning force storms blahs and the ancient sith techniques?

hey well i mean if he was 20 going that all the way till he is 80 years old wouldnt that make him powerful? like learning the force storm at maybe 30 years old and mastering it,

If Dooku was 20 years old, had all the same skills as the movies and still had 60+ years of training to go he would be friggin unstoppable. But he is 80 years old. This doesnt mean he cant learn new things, merely that he doesnt have enough time left to master certain abilties to the degree that Sidious has.

quote:
if u talk about the movie dooku i think he is abit too old to learn anything sidious did

Age itself is irrelevant. It just depends on how much time you have to learn and master the given technique.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:33 PM
Lord Saboteur
Utinni!

Originally posted by Rampant ox
If Dooku was 20 years old, had all the same skills as the movies and still had 60+ years of training to go he would be friggin unstoppable. But he is 80 years old. This doesnt mean he cant learn new things, merely that he doesnt have enough time left to master certain abilties to the degree that Sidious has.

Age itself is irrelevant. It just depends on how much time you have to learn and master the given technique.
I wouldn't say he'd be unstoppable, but he'd be stronger and wiser than before by the time he hits 80 for the second time.

Disclaimer: We do not condone mod bashing. And there will be no lol'ing from us unless there's a perfectly decent reason for it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Saboteur a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Saboteur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Well when he is 80 in the movies he is on par with Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. So if he had the same skills at 20 he would still be on par with them but this time have an extra 60+ years to build on that. I wouldnt be suprised if he reached the level of Yoda and Sidious.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 07:50 PM