The clock....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirates= Love
Ok i havent been on in a while so sry if there is alreadi a topic on this but.....i was wonderin if the was any signficence in the time on the clock when Will and Beccect are ttalkin at the beggining of the movie bc it seems like disney put it in vry clear view and sorta directd u toward it...

willofthewisp
I noticed that, too when I first saw it. It seemed strange to me. They were putting it up right when Beckett says that Jack has to find his place in the New World or something, right?
I'm not sure if it showed a specific time, but it could mean that the choice Will makes to go after Jack will change his future, in reference to time. Like, what you do this very minute will influence the rest of your life. If Will never went back out after Jack, things would have been very different for him, Jack, and Liz. So maybe that's it.

ivebeendepped43
j/l need 2 be together!!!

Pirates= Love
just wanted to bring this back up in cae anyone has new thoughts

InYourFace
Maybe it was there because there are people in that...um...place who want to know what time is it. no expression
Maybe they wanted to show the time they shot that part, most likely that time isn't correct.
OR! Maybe that was a hint that there isn't much time.

Mistypirate
It meant that time was running out for Jack, like you said Willoft. Jack has to find a place in the new world or perish. There are numerous hints in the movie that his time (life) is on the verge of ending. Like the scene when Jack is in his cabin and he is messing around with the maps and the charts theres a sand clock on the table. And when he goes down to get the rum, the part where he finds Bootstrap. Remember when Jack picks up the bottle of rum and the sand comes pouring down of the bottle then he drops it in the floor.

-savvychick-
ive never noticed the clocksad

and i cant even watch it to find out b/c it turns out my DMC dvd is MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i almost cried when i couldnt find itsad

jackismyboo
wow very good symbolizing! ted and terry are very good on foreshadowing

Mistypirate
WHAT? You lost your DVD? OMG that is horrible. The DMC DVD is like a National Treasure. I am soo sorry sad

-savvychick-
i knosad

i think my brother stole it *glares at him*

-savvychick-
i just noticed...i messed up on my siggysad

its s'posed to say *wink* at the end...lol...o wellbig grin ill add it later

Mistypirate
LOL Tie him down, and make him confess. evil face

Mistypirate
Originally posted by -savvychick-
i just noticed...i messed up on my siggysad

its s'posed to say *wink* at the end...lol...o wellbig grin ill add it later

Your siggy looks wonderful just the way it is wink

sparrobethroxmy
i agree i love your siggy savvychick

-savvychick-
thank youbig grin

Chiki Mina
Im gonna follow the happy trail and never come back till Im satisfied and tired lol.

sparrobethroxmy
good motto

Mistypirate
I would never get tired of that trail. LOL big grin

-savvychick-
hehe...yes...the scenery on the trail is absolutely breathtaking...no matter how many times u visitwink

Mistypirate
*sights*

Chiki Mina
Well Im tired now lol. I just got back from the mall and I saw the Johnny Depp biography book!!! I flipped!!

Mistypirate
I haven't seen a Johnny biography book here. How much is it?

LovelyOne
The obvious thing it represents is that time is running out for Jack..he'll have to change to suit the new world or he will die

there's something else I always notice with it which I'm not sure means anything..but the pattern in the middle of the clock strikes a resemblance to the points on the middle of the compass...the scene fades to the compass as Jack looks at it when its pointing to Port Royal....it lands exactly where the hour hand was on the giant clock.

it even lands for a second where the minute hand was too...

PirateDiva
Really what do u suppose that means?

katelovespirate
biological clock is ticking.

jack DID run out of time. He died before leaving his piece of eight to an heir. he waited till his very last minutes to step into the person he was meant to be/ the future he actually wants.

but AWE is stepping off the edge of the map, turning back the clock so to speak, battling time as much as anything in order to fit in the things that each character needs to have happen. weddings, children, relationships, reconciliation with family members, etc.

that's what i get from all of it, anyways.

PirateDiva
I Like it....i just wonder how they are gonna fit all that stuff into a 2 and 1/2 hour movie? LOL!!!

LovelyOne
yeah..totally biological clock..that would explain EVERYTHING that was going on with Jack in DMC..it even links in with movie 1 and his goal to live on forever..but its obviously another route to that goal that he's not understanding or even contemplating which is having a kid of course.

The biggest fattest question mark raised in DMC and not answered by Ted and Terry in any way shape or form (at the moment) is:

"WHY is Jack thinking of and wanting Elizabeth when his time on earth is quite literally running out?"...my above paragraph explains it?? lol

Its simple to fit the answer in to a 1/2 hour movie pirate diva..Jack Jr right at the end lol

katelovespirate
totally, LovelyOne. that question sums the whole film up.

At Worlds End. the main characters' world literally fell apart when Jack died. think about it. They LITERALLY have 2 options: skulk off to remain outlaws with no livelihood for the rest of their lives, or bring Jack and the Pearl back. He is the puzzle piece thats going to fit these two worlds together for all of them.

but as Jack already died for a future of his own choosing, it holds that he will attain that future. otherwise bringing him back would turn him into an object, a plot device.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
yeah..totally biological clock..that would explain EVERYTHING that was going on with Jack in DMC..it even links in with movie 1 and his goal to live on forever..but its obviously another route to that goal that he's not understanding or even contemplating which is having a kid of course.

The biggest fattest question mark raised in DMC and not answered by Ted and Terry in any way shape or form (at the moment) is:

"WHY is Jack thinking of and wanting Elizabeth when his time on earth is quite literally running out?"...my above paragraph explains it?? lol

Its simple to fit the answer in to a 1/2 hour movie pirate diva..Jack Jr right at the end lol

LOL....Jack Jr. I Like...lol!

Chiki Mina
Damnit!! LOVELYONE!! You better come back when I'm online sad

willofthewisp
So the following things need to happen in AWE?

- Pieces of 8 get straightened out
- Tia Dalma becomes Calypso
- Jack gets rescued
- Love triangle gets some kind of answer
- Keith Richards' cameo
- Liz being taken hostage by Sao Feng
- Davy defeated
- Beckett defeated
-Barbossa possibly defeated
- Calypso possibly defeated
- Sao Feng defeated
- Norrington possibly defeated
- Gov. Swann dies (maybe)
- thing with Norrington's sword gets explained
- heart gets stabbed by someone
- no more kracken, so possibly defeated
- Everyone finally takes a stand on if they're "good" or "bad."

That's a lot of crap to sort out and supply the humor, adventure, and overall spirit of the POTC series.

Chiki Mina
I'm not interested if it gets the billion mark. I just want all the list Willo made to be sloved and a resoultion to these characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.