KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The clock....

The clock....
Started by: Pirates= Love

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pirates= Love
"But why's the rum gone?"

Question The clock....

Ok i havent been on in a while so sry if there is alreadi a topic on this but.....i was wonderin if the was any signficence in the time on the clock when Will and Beccect are ttalkin at the beggining of the movie bc it seems like disney put it in vry clear view and sorta directd u toward it...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 01:38 AM
Pirates= Love is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates= Love a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates= Love Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I noticed that, too when I first saw it. It seemed strange to me. They were putting it up right when Beckett says that Jack has to find his place in the New World or something, right?
I'm not sure if it showed a specific time, but it could mean that the choice Will makes to go after Jack will change his future, in reference to time. Like, what you do this very minute will influence the rest of your life. If Will never went back out after Jack, things would have been very different for him, Jack, and Liz. So maybe that's it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 01:57 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

j/l need 2 be together!!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 05:21 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates= Love
"But why's the rum gone?"

just wanted to bring this back up in cae anyone has new thoughts

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 09:49 PM
Pirates= Love is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates= Love a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates= Love Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InYourFace
Dead....

Maybe it was there because there are people in that...um...place who want to know what time is it. no expression
Maybe they wanted to show the time they shot that part, most likely that time isn't correct.
OR! Maybe that was a hint that there isn't much time.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 09:56 PM
InYourFace is currently offline Click here to Send InYourFace a Private Message Find more posts by InYourFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

It meant that time was running out for Jack, like you said Willoft. Jack has to find a place in the new world or perish. There are numerous hints in the movie that his time (life) is on the verge of ending. Like the scene when Jack is in his cabin and he is messing around with the maps and the charts theres a sand clock on the table. And when he goes down to get the rum, the part where he finds Bootstrap. Remember when Jack picks up the bottle of rum and the sand comes pouring down of the bottle then he drops it in the floor.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:11 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

ive never noticed the clocksad

and i cant even watch it to find out b/c it turns out my DMC dvd is MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i almost cried when i couldnt find itsad

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:13 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackismyboo
Mrs. Depp

wow very good symbolizing! ted and terry are very good on foreshadowing

gwen stefani is the POP QUEEN
http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=1069440

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:14 AM
jackismyboo is currently offline Click here to Send jackismyboo a Private Message Find more posts by jackismyboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

WHAT? You lost your DVD? OMG that is horrible. The DMC DVD is like a National Treasure. I am soo sorry sad

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:15 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

i knosad

i think my brother stole it *glares at him*

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:18 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

i just noticed...i messed up on my siggysad

its s'posed to say *wink* at the end...lol...o wellbig grin ill add it later

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:19 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

LOL Tie him down, and make him confess. evil face

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:20 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -savvychick-
i just noticed...i messed up on my siggysad

its s'posed to say *wink* at the end...lol...o wellbig grin ill add it later

Your siggy looks wonderful just the way it is wink

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:21 AM
sparrobethroxmy

i agree i love your siggy savvychick

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:43 AM
sparrobethroxmy is currently offline Click here to Send sparrobethroxmy a Private Message Find more posts by sparrobethroxmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

thank youbig grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:45 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Im gonna follow the happy trail and never come back till Im satisfied and tired lol.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:48 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sparrobethroxmy

good motto

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:48 AM
sparrobethroxmy is currently offline Click here to Send sparrobethroxmy a Private Message Find more posts by sparrobethroxmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

I would never get tired of that trail. LOL big grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:49 AM
-savvychick-

hehe...yes...the scenery on the trail is absolutely breathtaking...no matter how many times u visitwink

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:57 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

*sights*

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 01:58 AM