An undead monkey, a live Kracken and a roasted dog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calypso
I have seen DMC 9 times and COTBP at least 70 times and I am stumped so all of you can help me out...At the end of COTBP the monkey becomes an undead monkey by taking a coin from the chest
after Barbosa has died...In DMC we are lead to believe that Tia Dalma rescued Barbosa somehow and brought him back to life after Captain Jack kills him in COTBP...now if that monkey is undead and Captain Jack sailed away from Isle de Muerta with Will and Lizzy and Barbosa is shown dead in the water and the monkey is taking a coin out of the chest, what happens to the coin and how does the monkey wind up on the Black Pearl at the opening of DMC...Tia Dalma did not put him there and he did not leave with Captain Jack, Will or Lizzy...If Captain Jack had the coin, he would have been shown in skelletal form when Davy Jones comes on board the Black Pearl and Captain Jack tells Master Gibbs "I feel sulled and unusual"...secondly, in DMC Jack is seen rowing away from the Black Pearl, but we know the Kracken has taken Captain Jack's hat after pulling down the foreign frieghter, how come the Kracken did not pursue Captain Jack in the little boat and continued to destroy the Black Pearl...thirdly, Ted and Terry have said in the COTBP disc-2 that there are five rules to writing and one of them is "don't kill the dog"...do we think the islanders will break their rule of eating their Gods and/or will the dog become their permanent ruler...

evilm0nki3
I wondered that too about the monkey. Maybe he swam and people found him like they found jacks hat hehe

ivebeendepped43
yeah

Bwa Ha Ha
or maybe he just swam island to island and finally sneaked aboard the pearl

ivebeendepped43
i guess thats probable

Bwa Ha Ha
youpi

ivebeendepped43
yeah..........................

Bwa Ha Ha
m hm

ivebeendepped43
lalala

Bwa Ha Ha
lalasla

ivebeendepped43
the name of this thread sounds like its a joke, like there was an undead monkey, a live Kraken, and a roasted dog, and they all walked into a bar.....................

evilm0nki3
and it exploded because there was too much awesome insidesmile

calypso
Well, maybe that is the joke Ted and Terry are playing. But it seems they have alot of jokes going, like Jack and Liz, Davy Jones and Tia Dalma, East India Co and Singapore and let's not forget Teague Sparrow and Jack.

ivebeendepped43
lol yeah. it is just a big joke, isnt it? POTC is funny that way

calypso
Never can be sure what Disney will do...they let Ol' Yeller die...

jessigem
blink
i was looking through my spanish textbook for the word turtle(im doing a project on my favorite things so i needed to know how to say it) and THE BIGGEST coinky dink of coinky dinks happened. turtle in spanish is tortuga. so i thought, "where have i heard that before...."
and then DING the little lightbulb in my head came on. Tortuga, the pirate place, Tortuga. i was like "woah. how weird."that's the first spanish word ive read out of that book and it had to do with my fav movie POTC.
lol maybe its not such a big coinky dink, but yeah. i remembered there was a thread on here with the dog, kraken, and monkey so i just thoughti should put this here. because its about an animal(turtle)
and also i was bored happy and decided to share this with you. maybe im just stupid and everyone else already knew that tortuga meant turtle. erm

sailorleo
well regarding the dog...think about it...their CANNIBAL'S! (sp)....human cannibals eat humans.....not doggie's, those aren't human....

jessigem
lol
cannibalism is frownded upon in most societies stick out tongue

ivebeendepped43
lol that just what i think about whenever someone says that now. i knew turtle ment Tortuga. i actually just learned that!

Bwa Ha Ha
huh

ivebeendepped43
huh to which part? the tortuga part or the cannibilism part?

Bwa Ha Ha
well, it's just kind of wierd knowing that someone found out tortuga means turtl when we learned that in scool the other day. we had all read treasure island and like everyone kept bringing up POTC2 and stuff... even the teacher, so it was kinda wierd....

ivebeendepped43
sweet! im ususally the one who brings it up in class, even if its not remotely related to the lesson

Bwa Ha Ha
yes.. like, the teacher started talking about the black spot and davy jones and jack sparrow... then everyone started talking about Johnny Depp... it was strange

ivebeendepped43
rock on! my teacher mentioned Johnny Depp cuz we all had to write letters to the teachers telling them what we like and stuff, and of course i told her i have a Johnny Depp obsession so she said in class "*someone*" then she stared directly at me and everyone looked "Mentioned they love Johnny Depp, and anyone that even mentions his name is my best friend, cuz Johnny Depp is awesome." it was so cool! she said more, but i cant remember it.

Bwa Ha Ha
AWESOMEJumpy

calypso
"And then he lashed two sea TURTLES together Will and made a raft."

More T/T symbolism? "What say ye?"

LovelyOne
the dog is supposed to resemble Jack in the movies..when we think the dogs dead..he's not(after the credits)..so we think Jack is dead..so by seeing that the dogs not dead we know Jack's not..he's going to return a king..and have liz (bone/love) instead of his keys (old way of life/material possessions)

I think the dog is going to escape his purgatory Just like jack will..that guy who trades for meat on the island..the dog will probably jump on his ship...we might see him jump off in Singapore..will he still have his beloved bone though?? in NO way will he have his keys.. still gonna persue that damn bone/Liz/love..I bet lol

everything the dog does in both movies Jack does..he's basically the thing that tells us whats REALLY going on with Jack's character..underneath the enigma we see on screen..they need to ad something that shows us what Jack is really about..because the way Jack appears on the surface makes it hard to see whats really going on underneath..the dog basically explains it to us..

he wants love from one person in movie 1 but is afraid to take it..so he clings onto his old ways to feel safe..by movie 2 the dog transforms in character..and accepts the damn bone and drops his keys..he fights for those he loves..and is a triumphant king by the end of it all..and he has the bone in his mouth

seriously watch the dog..he mirrors Jack in every way in the movies..everything he decideds to do..

calypso
Yeah, I like it with the dog in Singapore...what a trip...from roast to stir-fry...hahaha...I just made myself laugh...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.