to recast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
It's probably been done before, but let's say you were casting for POTC and you couldn't get Johnny, Keira, Orlando, and the rest. Who would you cast in their place?

Liz: Rachel McAdams (see Red Eye)

Will: Tobey Maguire, ha ha ha ha ha Spider-Man in the 1600s.

Norrington: Ben Affleck, he's good at playing a stiff. In fact, it's the only role he does well.

I can't even think of where to begin for the rest.

akanai
oh no! not ben affleck as norrington! norri's got voice to die for, really big grin and ben.. well, too sweet guy, and for sure NOT too sexi ;D

liz: natalie portman (we won't see difference) ;D

and for sure: no tom cruise in cast! lol ;D

willofthewisp
Ha ha, yeah, no Tom Cruise! And I agree with you about Norrington. He needs to be played by a worthy actor.

akanai
ok, but maybe tom really wants to play in PotC... let's give him sth... ;D f.e. do ya remember pigd that gibbs was sleeping on? one of those pigs, i think... lol ;D tom-piggy ;D

PirateDiva
I really cant think of anyone else doing CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!! i think if it were to have been anyone else the movie wouldnt have been that great!!!

akanai
yeah, johnny has made jack on his own... sb else would do it in the other style... on no, no, no, no other jack sparrow! cool pirate

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by akanai
ok, but maybe tom really wants to play in PotC... let's give him sth... ;D f.e. do ya remember pigd that gibbs was sleeping on? one of those pigs, i think... lol ;D tom-piggy ;D

haha, you're too cruel!!

if johnny didn't do jack sparrow then he would be totally different just like you guys said, johnny said in a interview that they were picturing jack sparrow alot different

sailorleo
Originally posted by akanai
oh no! not ben affleck as norrington! norri's got voice to die for, really big grin and ben.. well, too sweet guy, and for sure NOT too sexi ;D

liz: natalie portman (we won't see difference) ;D

and for sure: no tom cruise in cast! lol ;D *high fives* damn straight!

PIRATES=SEX
I think will could be played by ethier heath ledger or brad pitt

sailorleo
i still think carey elwes when he was younger could play Jack Sparrow

ivebeendepped43
we discussed the recast 4 jack Sparrow, and we decided that Cary Elwes was the best choice if johnny didnt exist (heaven forbid). in case u dont know who that is.. he played westly in Princess Bride, the evil uncle in Ella Enchanted, and Sir ERobin of Locksly in Men In Tights. hes actually pretty ssexxi.......

sailorleo
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
we discussed the recast 4 jack Sparrow, and we decided that Cary Elwes was the best choice if johnny didnt exist (heaven forbid). in case u dont know who that is.. he played westly in Princess Bride, the evil uncle in Ella Enchanted, and Sir ERobin of Locksly in Men In Tights. hes actually pretty ssexxi.......

*hugs* and all this time i thought i was talking to a wall! inlove

ivebeendepped43
Cary is REALLY cute. hot accent. awesome actor

sailorleo
mmmmhhhmmmmmmm...........

ivebeendepped43
i just wish he was in more movies

sailorleo
yeah he was twister....

ivebeendepped43
can someone post a pic of natalie Portman? ive never seen her...actually n/m *goes 2 photobucket and looks her up* holy freakin crap! they do look similar! but, i think Natalie is prettier, and i dont just say tha cuz i h8 keira................wait, yes i do

sailorleo
yeah well kiera knightly played her lady in waiting double in star wars EPI

ivebeendepped43
why couldnt she b the STUNT DOUBLE! maybe she would die in the filming..... i wish those french fishermen left her and her mom on that Caribbean island a few years ago.......

mmoviejunkie
theres a picture of her
but thats not one that looks alot like keira
there are others that look ALOT like her

ivebeendepped43
i no! i saw

akanai
omg what a teeth natalie's got on that photo lol wink
isn't Cary Elwes too sweet for Can'n Jack? I dunno this guy, really stick out tongue
i think elizabeth could be played by sb else, but jack not. johnny is amazing here. i know you agree laughing

PIRATES=SEX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3oNylrUR0 heres a video

PIRATES=SEX
andf here another pic

PIRATES=SEX
another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6bSt9_n2g

PIRATES=SEX
the only thing that really sets them apart is thier noses and the shape of their eyebrows

katelovespirate
definately NO Natalie portman. she is NOT exciting enough to play Liz.

Jack--- ANTONIO BANDARAS!!!!! smile just cause i wanted him in the movie anyways.

Will--- Juaquin Phoenix...

Norri--- Edward Norton

lovethemtigers
I don't know it's hard for me to imagine any of them being recasted. For sure there is no one else who could play Jack Sparrow...so if Johnny didn't exist (heaven forbid)..then there would be no Jack Sparrow as we know him..and the movie would have been a flop and we wouldn't even be having these discussions.....so...yes...Johnny Depp would have to stay as Jack Sparrow..and can't think of anyone else playing James Norrington either..Jack Davenport is awesome. so...instead of Keira..maybe Natalie Portman (from Star Wars,right?) or I did like Racheal McAdams (is she the one from the notebook)...can she fake an english accent....I think Heath Ledger as Will..then Will would be hot and wild just like Jack..but not as hot..cuz noone's as hot as Johnny.

No Cary Elwes as Jack..he's not exciting enough in my book.
And definitely no Tom Cruise in the movie...I'm sick of him.

lovethemtigers
Yes, Antonio would be great in the movie..too bad they couldn't have cast him in AWE as one of Jack's long lost commrades....and we could see him help Jack fight the EITC..that would be great..

katelovespirate
lol i know. he's a definate pirate.

I think they should introduce a new love interest for Will played by Emmy Rossum. she is more his type. lol.

i cant think of anyone to replace Keria... cause most actresses today are blonde, dumb, and American. If Natalie Portman were playing her, she'd have to end up with Will.

lol.

PIRATES=SEX
Originally posted by katelovespirate
lol i know. he's a definate pirate.

I think they should introduce a new love interest for Will played by Emmy Rossum. she is more his type. lol.

i cant think of anyone to replace Keria... cause most actresses today are blonde, dumb, and American. If Natalie Portman were playing her, she'd have to end up with Will.

lol. omg me too i just watched interview with a vampire that movies was great and antonio was classic

PirateDiva
This movie is awsome with the ppl it has in the cast! Like that quote in the COTBP extras says "I relieve myself from the riggers of directing by casting the movie correctly" thats is exactly what happened here...they casted the movie with the perfect actors/actresses for the roles and as soon as they did that the movie fell into place!!!

katelovespirate
i am OBSESSED with your siggy PirateDiva!!!!! smile

PIRATES=SEX
Just thought this was kinda funny well you know how in star wars anikinis natilies love intrest and he goes to the bad side and in potc will who is kinda sorta elizabeths love intrest will go to the bad side. I just thought that was kinda ironic how two girls who look alike play in two triligys with the same basic concept of falling out of love with thier lover once they start to change

PirateDiva
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i am OBSESSED with your siggy PirateDiva!!!!! smile

WhY ThaNk YoU DarLiN...."a CraFts-woMen is AlWaYs Please 2 Hear ThaT Her WoRK Is APPreCiaTed!!" big grin wink

willofthewisp
"lol i know. he's a definate pirate.

I think they should introduce a new love interest for Will played by Emmy Rossum. she is more his type. lol."

I never thought of her even though she looks so much like Keira and Natalie. She can play a bad girl. Have you seen Mystic River? I didn't like her at all in that movie. You think she could play Kate in our POTC4?

Who would you cast as Jacky and Abi? I'm curious

katelovespirate
oh gee... thats a toughy. i think i would give Emmy Rossum as Abi... cause she sorta looks like Norri.

I think I'd cast Eva Green as Kate... cause she looks like me. lol. and she's pretty cool in Kingdom of Heaven.

Jacky--- that ones tough. She'd have to be exotic looking...

ivebeendepped43
yes, NO Tom Cruise! lol Antonio! that would b TOO hilarious 2 watch!! yeah, Johnny is a bit of a bad a** inn e? lol we love im tho

katelovespirate
I veto Tom Cruise, Natalie Portman, the Olsen Twins, and Anne Hathaway. Cause they all really annoy me. sorry. LOL. big grin

Hott men we should use somehow: Antonio Bandaras, Sean Bean, Sean Penn, Juaquin Phoenix, Harrison Ford (just for fun), Cillian Murphy as Will or something. he's so pretty.

ivebeendepped43
lol Harrison Ford! hes ssexxi! eeww! i hope NOONE thought of the Olsen twins. i would murder them in their sleep. there r few actresses i can say i h8 more than Keira, but they r 2! along /w Brittany and that crowd

akanai
i agree! olsen twins are spooky lol big grin they're even on a toothpaste wink i hate them.
and sean penn? no, no, he's stolen johnny's oscar when johnny was nominated for potc1 lol wink

ivebeendepped43
wtf is that man's problem/ excuse me! no one stels oscars from the Deppster!!! time to gather up a malfia! whos /w me?!

PirateDiva
OOOO Yea i wanted the man dead when that HAPPENED...LOL...i member being sooooo mad when they anounced the winner and it wasnt JOHNNY!!!

mmoviejunkie
for what movie?

ivebeendepped43
not sure, but i still wanna kill him. Johnny is 50..no 100,000,000x better then he'll ever b! and that goes 4 looks 2

PirateDiva
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
for what movie?

It was For POTC 1!! or was it Finding Neverland? hmmm now i'm not sure...i'll look into it!!

mmoviejunkie
well i meant for sean penn
'cause i wanna see what johnny lost against

katelovespirate
sean penn is pretty cool guys.

and Johnny's film was neverland that time around.

i am willing to bet big bucks JD will win the oscar for the 3rd installment.

PirateDiva
i'm with u on that 1!! I stand by my man always...lol!!

and MMOVIEJUNKIE for sean penn i think the movie was Mystic River!!

mmoviejunkie
oh, i've never heard of it

evilm0nki3
oooo I love Cillian Murphysmile

ivebeendepped43
i dont even know who either of those dudes r

willofthewisp
If you're talking about the Academy Awards where Johnny was nominated, I think he did lose to Sean Penn, whose credits include Fast Times at Ridgemont High, I Am Sam, The Falcon and the Snowman, Mystic River....uh, The Interpretor. Maybe those will ring some bells

ivebeendepped43
who was he in I Am Sam? *checks* actually, no im 2 lazy 2 check

willofthewisp
He was Sam.

evilm0nki3
Aw I love that movie, I Am Sam. Dakota Fanning is such a good actress.

willofthewisp
yes, that she is. Maybe if POTC were made in like 2013 or so, she would have been able to be Elizabeth Swann.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by willofthewisp
He was Sam. ooohh! i loved that movie! Dakota Fanning is such an adorable little actress! am i the only one who gets reminded of Annasophia Robb when i see Dakota? idk, they just look alike 2 me

willofthewisp
Can you imagine her older and playing Liz? That would have to make, like, Aaron Carter Will or something.

mmoviejunkie
why, how old is he right now?

calypso
"Captain weird" or not, aren't we glad Johnny Depp took on this blockbuster movie role. For a man who does not do this type of movie he must really be in love with Captain Jack Sparrow. I know he has said over and over he will hate to leave this character. I think this character is just too close to the true Johnny and also if any of you have ever worn a wig, you get the idea that in some ways people won't see who you are, or can't see who you are, so you can be pretty much who you want to be. Make sense? IOW because Johnny is in the dreds and gold teeth, he is hidden in some ways, so therefore he is more free to be more like himself. IMHO only. Anyway, I can't get enough of CJS and I wish I knew someone like him, because I hate for him to go too.

willofthewisp
Oh, I have no idea, lol. I was just trying to think of someone in the teen range. I guess he's older than I think he is, even though he really is a little girl.

mmoviejunkie
ah, i see
yeah i think he might be like...23-25ish??that could be way off though idk

willofthewisp
hmm, POTC for the future. That would suck.

What about Eric Bana as Norrington? He's a good actor who just needs to be in a good movie, hasn't been in one since Blackhawk Down. For anyone who doesn't know him, he's Hector in Troy and The Incredible Hulk. He's amazing and could bring such depth and angst to Norrington.

But I still like Jack Davenport.

mmoviejunkie
well i've only seen him in the hulk so i dont know him that well,
but in that movie he's not very stuck up. is he in his other movies?

willofthewisp
hmm, I don't think so, but I think he could pull it off. He plays a really aloof guy in Blackhawk Down and Josh Hartnett's character thinks he's a bit of a jerk, but you find out that he's really a great man behind the sharp tongue and short answers. I think his range is wide enough to realistically do someone like Norrington. And Norrie's not so much a snob as someone who identifies himself by his career so much that he has to treat those he catches for piracy as lower than dirt.

calypso
Johnny, Sean Penn, and John Malkovich were parners in a restaurant in Paris called the Mandalaray. It is decorated with big gold buddas, and wonderful oriental antiques. So, Johnny's character reference to Singapore is not too far of the mark for Johnny personally.

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by willofthewisp
hmm, I don't think so, but I think he could pull it off. He plays a really aloof guy in Blackhawk Down and Josh Hartnett's character thinks he's a bit of a jerk, but you find out that he's really a great man behind the sharp tongue and short answers. I think his range is wide enough to realistically do someone like Norrington. And Norrie's not so much a snob as someone who identifies himself by his career so much that he has to treat those he catches for piracy as lower than dirt.

mmm, i see cool

Originally posted by calypso
Johnny, Sean Penn, and John Malkovich were parners in a restaurant in Paris called the Mandalaray. It is decorated with big gold buddas, and wonderful oriental antiques. So, Johnny's character reference to Singapore is not too far of the mark for Johnny personally.

thats really cool, do they still own it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.