Jin Vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hwoarang
H20.

No specials.

Lets see if SF can actually win a fight with out using anything that normal humans don't have.

Takes place in Heihachi's final stage in Tekken 4.

So who wins ?

Sam Z
I think it was done three times.
And as long people believe Ryu can destroy islands with his punches it is pointless...

Hwoarang
That would count as a special because hes focusing his power. His actual strength in this fight.

Blanka
Originally posted by Sam Z
I think it was done three times.
And as long people believe Ryu can destroy islands with his punches it is pointless...

Hwoarang
This is different.

Superboy Prime
Just head to head? Ryu clearly beats Jin. Any version of Jin--Mishima Ryu or Classic Karate. He has more experience, is not conflicted like Jin and actually enjoys fighting.

Hwoarang
I don't know about that. Just because he enjoys fighting doesn't make him better at it.

Jin isn't conflicted when hes kicking everyones ass in Tekken 4.

Krone
your joking right Jin doesnt kick everyones ass, in Tekken 5 hes so slow and shitty he was only good in Tekken 3,4 and Tag because he was kazuya version 2 tekken 5 hes sooo crappy

Hwoarang
laughing

Read what I said.

I SAID FOUR !!

He wins it all in 4. messedIGH:

Superboy Prime
I am not a SF fanboy, but I find it hard to believe Jin would take most wins against Ryu.

Hwoarang
Good to know. I am not even sure. But I think Ryu relies to heavily on his power. Not a true fighter. I think Jin would likely take this...I think..

I am not sure actually.

Superboy Prime
Ryu is more of a fighter than Jin is. Ryu doesn't rely on his power as much as you think; otherwise he would have not been able to resist the Satsui-No-Hadou's lure. Ryu is technically sound. All his techniques have been mastered over the years with constant training and fighting. What is Jin without his papa's heritage? Nada. Fighting is all there is to Ryu. He lives to train, fight and perfect Ansatsuken. So long as Ryu believes he can improve he will keep on fighting, and Ryu currently believes he is weak. Funny I know, but he thinks he's weak.

Hwoarang
His mental capability seems to have no affect on him when he is kicking Heihachi's ass. You keep bringing in how he lives to fight. So what. I could live to fight but doesn't make me better than everyone else. I want to know a reason why his skills are so good compared to Jins.

I haven't seen you really show me why hes so good.

Superboy Prime
I haven't seen you prove to me how Jin's so much better than Ryu either; works both ways, ya know?

And I have told you why his skills are so good. He's constantly training and fighting. In SF 1 he defeated the Emperor of Mhuy Thai, Sagat. During the Alpha saga Ryu is often hunt by shadowloo because Bison wants to his strength to his. During the end of SF A2(I believe) Ryu faces off against Gouki to a stalemate--and Gouki would decimate Jin in less than a heartbeat. In SF 3 Ryu beats and humilliates the game's protagonist(Alex), fights Oro and is then trained by Oro once Oro sees the potential within Ryu.

To make it short Ryu's fighting resume tops Jin's.

Hwoarang
I haven't tried to prove to you how good Jin is. I am asking you to tell me about Ryu.

But yeah that is impressive. But you forget Ryu also blasts all the time with that Shoureken thing. But you say he never uses it, can you show me some proof with a video or comic ?

Krone
have u ever played street fighter? or watched the movies? thats not all he does in the movies i saw, he the Shoureken 2 or 3 times in each movie

Remulous
Ryu still wins, Damn, just leave the guy alone! SF should get banned from the forum, it starts way too much shit. People act like it's a crime to openly like SF characters. Many people like Sf and hold it in high regard, so dont let it ruin your day, just deal with it. big grin

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu wins, jin is just a crappy replacement for kazuya who pretty much turns people into jobbers.

Hwoarang
This crappy replacement happened to kick Kazayos ass.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Hwoarang
This crappy replacement happened to kick Kazayos ass.
Because namco decided to turn heiachi and kazuya in to jobbers of epic proportions.

Hwoarang
How do you know ? How do you know they just didn't make someone better. Its quite easy you know.

Emperor Ashtar
How do you know ? How do you know they just didn't make someone better. Its quite easy you know.

Jin only trained for 5 years, and defeated:True Ogre, Heiachi and Kazuya. If that's not jobbeing then I don't what is.

Hwoarang
Good point. But lets be honest he had his his granddad for a trainer. His mum taught him as well didn't she ? Her style.

Emperor Ashtar
Good point. But lets be honest he had his his granddad for a trainer. His mum taught him as well didn't she ? Her style.

Since when was jun that good, and last I checked heiachi trained kazuya too.

Hwoarang
Some people are better than others.

But didnt he learn when he was a kid. How can he be so good ?

Emperor Ashtar
Some people are better than others.

But didnt he learn when he was a kid. How can he be so good ?

The point is kazuya and heiachi have been around way longer than jin, yet, jin constantly beats them like they are nothing for no apparrant reason. how is it possible for hworang to rival jin, Yet,kazuya, heiachi, and true ogre cannot even beat him? That's jobbing my friend.

Remulous
Kazuya should've kicked Jin's ass, Namco let Kazuya grow with the fans and then rip him away and then made him come back a f***kin weakling. While Jin pops up out of no where in auto ass kick mode. Jin really needs to die or something, there isn't even a legitemate reason is to why he is so much stronger. A previous main character should never be that weak compared to a new main character.

Hwoarang
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
The point is kazuya and heiachi have been around way longer than jin, yet, jin constantly beats them like they are nothing for no apparrant reason. how is it possible for hworang to rival jin, Yet,kazuya, heiachi, and true ogre cannot even beat him? That's jobbing my friend.

No. Just bad creating. But I like Jin. I don't like Kazayo I never have.

Its more than likely to appeal to new fans. or maybe they have done all they can with Kazayo so get someone new. They don't let things go on and on like they do in SF.

Krone
Any way Ryu still kicks arse

Hwoarang
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Remulous

Its more than likely to appeal to new fans. or maybe they have done all they can with Kazayo so get someone new. They don't let things go on and on like they do in SF. They keep things "going on and on" becuase thats what the fans are used to, if you take key characters out like Ryu and Ken, the fans will start to disapear, like tekken. Even when there was a new star, Ryu and Ken were still there and still powerful. Orginaly Sean was set to be the only Anasatsuken practitioner but they knew that wouldn't do and gave the fans what they wanted, Ryu and Ken...again.

Kaled
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I am not a SF fanboy, but I find it hard to believe Jin would take most wins against Ryu.

come on prime you are a little bit of a SF fanboy. Just like i'm a fanboy of...well do i have to list them all??

ryu owns jin, jins a skilled fighter that true, but its ryu's way of life

Hwoarang
I am a Tekken fanboy. But only since I have met SF fanboys have pissed me off.

I admit most of SF's FIGHTERS can beat Tekkens FIGHTERS fighters because SF have a long range of top tiers. But tekken doesn't. Its about 3.

That is with H2H BTW.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kaled
come on prime you are a little bit of a SF fanboy. Just like i'm a fanboy of...well do i have to list them all??

ryu owns jin, jins a skilled fighter that true, but its ryu's way of life

I don't consider myself a Ryu fanboy. I know which fights he can win and which fights he cannot win. Do you remember the Ryu vs Link thread? I argued against Ryu all the time...but come to think of it that seed from the Devil thread better be left alone.

Hwoarang
You don't KNOW. Its your opinion. But you are a fanboy because you defend him when its obvious he would lose. Or say everyone else don't have a chance for example.

Superboy Prime
You don't KNOW. Its your opinion. But you are a fanboy because you defend him when its obvious he would lose. Or say everyone else don't have a chance for example.

It isn't obvious Ryu would lose to Jin; nor is it obvious he would lose to Iori. I also never stated it was impossible for Jin to win; I just don't see him winning the most. Nothing about Jin suggests he would take the most wins over Ryu. You should relax and stop labeling people as fanboys, because honestly you're just making yourself look like one.

Krone
i would happily say im a Tekken Fan Boy i love the series and the character but my God Jin wouldnt be able to Touch Ryu

Superboy Prime
I only want a Devil Kazuya vs Devil Jin match up...with Kazuya winning...but then again Jin will most likely win since he's the default Tekken God. I wonder if it's a sin for Namco to have him lose just once...I mean the story has been getting boring for quite a while now.

Hwoarang
It isn't obvious Ryu would lose to Jin; nor is it obvious he would lose to Iori. I also never stated it was impossible for Jin to win; I just don't see him winning the most. Nothing about Jin suggests he would take the most wins over Ryu. You should relax and stop labeling people as fanboys, because honestly you're just making yourself look like one. laughing

I am calling you one from how you are normally.

I don't even think Jin would win most. I have no idea who would win, which I have said over and over.

Krone
Yer Kazauya would Kick Jins arse Devil Kazuya would kick Devil jin even more so

Hwoarang
Tekken 4 and 5 results say different.

Superboy Prime
laughing

I am calling you one from how you are normally.

I don't even think Jin would win most. I have no idea who would win, which I have said over and over.

And how am I normally? Enlighten me.

Hwoarang
I can't be bothered. Allot of you are fanboys here because you overestimate your beloved and underestimate everyone else.

Krone
Well Hwoarang as Prime said "Jin will most likely win since he's the default Tekken God" which is sooo true

Krone
I can't be bothered. Allot of you are fanboys here because you overestimate your beloved and underestimate everyone else.

Thats exactly what your doing! You seem to be in Love with Jin, he cant take everyone!

I no this is a double post but hey

Superboy Prime

So you realized your favorite characater can't hold a candle to Ryu and all of a sudden I go to bed with Ryu's picture under my pillow? Is that how it works? I don't overestimate Ryu, not by a longshot. Quite in fact I've ridiculed his ass before in threads as Hayabusa vs Ryu and Link vs Ryu. If you want to meet real SF fanboys than by all means search those threads and meet the horror of true SF fanboys.

Hwoarang
I know your not the worst but your still one.

Jin isn't my favourite. Its Hwoarang. And I know Ryu would own him.

Jin, Heihachi and kazuya are up there know.

Kaled
I know your not the worst but your still one.

Jin isn't my favourite. Its Hwoarang. And I know Ryu would own him.

Jin, Heihachi and kazuya are up there know.

yeah the name, avatar and signature do suggest as much ^^

Hwoarang
embarrasment Is it that easy to tell ?? laughing

Superboy Prime
It's kind of funny; you claim I am a fanboy, and yet you fail to express why that is.

Emperor Ashtar

Its more than likely to appeal to new fans. or maybe they have done all they can with Kazayo so get someone new. They don't let things go on and on like they do in SF.

What keeps going on and on?

TricksterPriest
Hwoarang, this farce has gone for quite some time. Give it up. You're not going to get anyone to admit that tekken fighters are anywhere near SF or KOF. Not even in straight H2H. You are making them come down to Tekken's level, when in reality, they surpassed Tekken long ago.

Emperor Ashtar
I disagrre trickster priest, tekken fighters are great h2h and should be able to compete with street fighter. The problem comes with the inconsistent feats that arise. I just lost all respect for kazuya and heiachi as fighters when they became jobbers. Apparantly in tekken, someone can train moderately for ten years and upsurp the entire hieracrhy.

Darkstorm Zero
Oh boyo....... Here we go yet again.....

Alright, whats happened this time? Howarang, I've noticed quite a number of spite threads come out of you, I read them, and I've noticed that each time, you've stipulated no Chi for the opponents of Tekken. Now I can understand that you want to bring other fighting games down to Tekken's level to try and make the matches more even. But you've gone about it all wrong. taking EXERY bit of fighting experience and every move or technique and tossing them out the window, plus denying the experience and training the SFers have gone through to get that far is ludicrous. You've basically just created new characters and given them the label of SFer.

You piss and moan about how SF Fanboys have said that SFer shits on everything else. I can pick about 6 insances where this is not the case right off the top of my head, and I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find frigging heaps. Instead of whining, why not try and LOOK for some Video game characters that can defeat the SFers on even terms, and then find someone whom Tekken can beat on even terms, no special stipulations, no bulshit rules, just a straight up slugfest, and I bet you'll gain the props of your peers here.

Kaled
It's kind of funny; you claim I am a fanboy, and yet you fail to express why that is.

because you have 9 times out of ten sides with a SF character, and in my eyes you usually can see to accept a loss in some cases.

i don't see being a fanboy as a bad thing unless it total, which your definatly not.

heck i'l admit i'm a fanboy of: Sephiroth, Gouki, Squall, and pretty much all of the "big bads" from the games, i dunno why i just like then confused

Hwoarang
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I disagrre trickster priest, tekken fighters are great h2h and should be able to compete with street fighter. The problem comes with the inconsistent feats that arise. I just lost all respect for kazuya and heiachi as fighters when they became jobbers. Apparantly in tekken, someone can train moderately for ten years and upsurp the entire hieracrhy. Thank you. If people just admited that in H2H in actual fighting skill !! Tekken can comepete then Ill stop this. Nothing has shown me that SF are above Tekken in H2H.

Its spite because they have to rely on theyre skill ? laughing

Fanboy.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kaled
because you have 9 times out of ten sides with a SF character, and in my eyes you usually can see to accept a loss in some cases.

i don't see being a fanboy as a bad thing unless it total, which your definatly not.

heck i'l admit i'm a fanboy of: Sephiroth, Gouki, Squall, and pretty much all of the "big bads" from the games, i dunno why i just like then confused

No problem with that, but I wasn't talking to you. :P

Kaled
No problem with that, but I wasn't talking to you. :P
embarrasment gwarsh sorry then confused

anyway, there isn't anyone i know who isn't a fanboy of atleast 1 character/race

Superboy Prime
I'm a fanboy of many chars, so in that regard that is why I don't appear so hardcore since I'm usually split in my decisions.

Kaled
ahh, well atleast your man enough to ADMIT it, out of all peoples theres only one who i deny anyone can beat them at all, and thay are the Daleks no expression so its lucky for you they didn't orgrinate from a game big grin

Superboy Prime
YAY

TricksterPriest
the daleks are beatable. You haven't seen the new series of Dr. Who, have you? The time lords and the daleks killed each other in a huge war. Of course, alot of Daleks survived, but they have been beaten.

Krone
what does Dr.Who have to do with Ryu vs Jin?

TricksterPriest
nothing really. Kaled was just saying they were unbeatable, and I shot a hole into his argument.

Kaled
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
the daleks are beatable. You haven't seen the new series of Dr. Who, have you? The time lords and the daleks killed each other in a huge war. Of course, alot of Daleks survived, but they have been beaten.

it was a species war, and the dalkes stay millions in number in the timelord prisons, theres only one time lord left, the doctor.... he'l never get tham all, they're just too popular, plus they were the FIRST major threats to planet earth, they're loads smarter than 99.999% of any characters, then can adapt easily, technology supreme, heat sheilds... they're just awesome big grin

the Daleks descend and kill Jin and Ryu stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.