Taki vs Ayane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Namco vs Tecmo, kunoichi style.

While chasing Kasumi following the DOA4 tournament, Ayane comes across an ancient fragment of the cursed blade known as Soul Edge. As with Heihachi, Ayane cuts herself and finds herself warped back in time when everyone is searching for the blade.

After easily dispatching Tira, who tries her hardest to kill her, Taki appears, demanding that Ayane hand over the fragment she posesses. Ayane refuses and the fight is on.

Stage: Underground Buddhist Sanctum

Fallin Angel
Hmm, i'll say Taki, she just seems more dangerious in a battle.

Superboy Prime
One thing's for sure there will be a lot of bouncing involved.

Blax X
laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Ayane with ease, even though I like taki more, she isn't that impressive.

StyleTime
Taki hasn't taken down the level of opponents Ayane has. My girl Ayane should take this.

Remulous
Originally posted by Fallin Angel
Hmm, i'll say Taki, she just seems more dangerious in a battle.

IceJaw
Ayane without a doubt, she fights far more dangerous foes and I think she's more experienced too.

Also, two word, magic spells no expression

Kaled
Taki, i would like to believe, she's fought impressivly but yeah, you got to question her experience

Fallin Angel
Originally posted by IceJaw
Ayane without a doubt, she fights far more dangerous foes and I think she's more experienced too.

Also, two word, magic spells no expression

Taki has spells too u know.

IceJaw
Like?

Kaled
Fanstrike kills any target

shin_remy
oohw wait

Taki is created by capcom btw. capcom created 2 characters that are in the SC cast.

in the namco x capcom game you see Taki with Captain Commando and his ninja team.

but i believe Ayane wins

Fallin Angel
Originally posted by IceJaw
Like?

Haven't u seen her moves? Especially in the CG scenes like the part where she goes against Ivy and summons a shield that reflected all the blades Ivy sent at her. Isn't that like a spell?

TricksterPriest
Not used in-game, therefore we can't judge. I'd like to say Taki since DOA=overrated garbage, but I think Ayane will probably take this. Except for one little thing that nobody seems to have touched on. Mekki-maru. That sword has powers similar to Soul edge and is not only effective on demons, it's also corruptive to it's wielder and evil. It may give Taki the win, but I believe Ayane will win, albeit with difficulty.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not used in-game, therefore we can't judge. I'd like to say Taki since DOA=overrated garbage, but I think Ayane will probably take this. Except for one little thing that nobody seems to have touched on. Mekki-maru. That sword has powers similar to Soul edge and is not only effective on demons, it's also corruptive to it's wielder and evil. It may give Taki the win, but I believe Ayane will win, albeit with difficulty.

Since when do feats have to be used in game to matter, were not comparing them in terms of game play.

Damien B
Ayani would win reguardless dont like Takis style. DMB

StyleTime
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Taki wins 10/10.
laughing

Also, I forgot how priceless it is to see TricksterPriest admit a DOA character wins.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not used in-game, therefore we can't judge. I'd like to say Taki since DOA=overrated garbage, but I think Ayane will probably take this. Except for one little thing that nobody seems to have touched on. Mekki-maru. That sword has powers similar to Soul edge and is not only effective on demons, it's also corruptive to it's wielder and evil. It may give Taki the win, but I believe Ayane will win, albeit with difficulty. Mekki-maru's power doesn't come close to SE.

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope

Superboy Prime
I don't want to bring uber-cheap mode DOA2 Ayane.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing

Also, I forgot how priceless it is to see TricksterPriest admit a DOA character wins. laughing out loud

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Who has the jiggliest boobs?!Yes

Violent2Dope
Ayane's boobs are more jiggly(cause Itagaki's a perv) but Taki's are better.

Sandai Kitetsu
Soul Calibur chicks >>>Doa chicks (Lei-Fang/Hitomi are exempt)

Violent2Dope
Hitomi is hot and Lei Fang is an absolute babe!mad

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Hitomi is hot and Lei Fang is an absolute babe!mad

-In Kratos voice- I know, which is why they are exempt from this opinion!!! Lei-fand and Hitomi in that order are one of the hottest video game females!!!

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
-In Kratos voice- I know, which is why they are exempt from this opinion!!! Lei-fand and Hitomi in that order are one of the hottest video game females!!! Oh I misread. Christie's the hottest DOA chick tho, if you disagree you're wrong.

Sandai Kitetsu
Christie's iight.

Violent2Dope
Christie's iight. You're wrong, she's the best, you hentai loving perv!evil face

Superboy Prime
Ayane & Taki should both work at hooters.

Sandai Kitetsu
You're wrong, she's the best, you hentai loving perv!evil face

Your right about one thing, I do love my hentai.

Violent2Dope
Your right about one thing, I do love my hentai. So do I.smile

Guilty Gear
You're wrong, she's the best, you hentai loving perv!evil face LOL
Ayane & Taki should both work at hooters. Oh yes, yes they should.

Darkstorm Zero
Two things I want to say.

#1: Taki's experience is without question, she is a Demon slayer, has been all her life. she has learned many magic spells to help her combat what are essentially immortal spirits and grotesque monsters.

#2: Someone mentione mekkimaru as being on par with Soul Edge. While this is not true, their is a reason why it is a strong sword, it was reforged with a fragment of Soul Edge (Taki's Soul Blade ending)

ThoraxeRMG
I noticed no one ages in DOA.
It seems Ayane will be 16 and Kasumi will be 17 forever.
Sad....

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I noticed no one ages in DOA.
It seems Ayane will be 16 and Kasumi will be 17 forever.
Sad.... LOL no.

Ayane is 14 in Ninja Gaiden, and she's 16 in DOA1. Point though is that they age.

I'm going to give this fight to Taki, though it's not going to be an easy win for her. The shockwave attack she does in the SCII intro is strong enough to tear apart an entire arena, not to mention she's extremely fast and can teleport at will. 6/10 for Taki.

Superboy Prime
We have yet to see Ayane in action with her blade. Once we do we might be able to better gauge this match, but for now I'll give Taki the nod.

StyleTime
We have yet to see Ayane in action with her blade. Once we do we might be able to better gauge this match, but for now I'll give Taki the nod.
We do know that Ayane can take opponents with much larger weapons and many more ways to beat her than Taki has.

I'm still not giving Taki the nod. I can't believe of all people that Ayane is going to be voted to lose against, it's Taki. Think about it guys. What exactly has she done so far to say she could take Ayane for the majority?

Ayane still takes 6/10 from her.

Superboy Prime
I am giving it to Taki because both of them are fast; they can both teleport; and both have nasty spells. However we do know Taki's skills with her blade unlike Ayane. That's it.

Now if we give Ayane that dual lightsaber weapon Genra had it would be a different match IMO.

Edit: Although you are right about Taki...she has not done anything in the SCverse.

I fear I may be under rating Ayane. She did take down an opponent wielding dual light/plasma/whatever staff dur

It's just that they seem so even...and hot.

StyleTime
Are you sure Taki can teleport? I just turned on my Soul Caliber game and did a quick little skim of her move list and couldn't find a teleport.

Not only did Genra have a weapon, but suprisingly it's not even that fight that helps Ayane's case here. There's a fight much more relevant to this than Genra. Has everyone forgotten about Kasumi? Kasumi can do most anything Taki can do AND on a higher level. Now I do see what you're saying Superboy Prime. Due to Taki's powerset, she can take some wins. However, it's not like Ayane hasn't faced someone who is faster than herself, can teleport, has faster spells, and actually has victories under her belt. Ayane should take the majority.

They are both hot and Taki isn't that far behind Ayane though.

Rascaduanok

Superboy Prime
3d movement >>>>>>>>>>> 2d movement

Rascaduanok

BlaxicanHydra
3d movement >>>>>>>>>>> 2d movement

3D movement is weak and seems clunky compared to 2d fighting games. Always will be imo. That's coming from me, who likes Mortal Kombat over any and all other fighting games.

Sandai Kitetsu
3-D movement for fighting games is crap compared to 2-D.

Superboy Prime
In a fight going by strict gameplay 3D's sidestep ruins the 2D character. That's what I meant with that post. dur

Sandai Kitetsu

I'm still not giving Taki the nod. I can't believe of all people that Ayane is going to be voted to lose against, it's Taki. Think about it guys. What exactly has she done so far to say she could take Ayane for the majority?

Ayane still takes 6/10 from her.

Taki is superior to Ayane in everyway possible, stop under estimating her.

Superboy Prime
Demons & her master is really not that impressive.

Now if she did take out Cervantes by her lonesome we're getting somewhere.

Sandai Kitetsu
Demons & her master is really not that impressive.

Now if she did take out Cervantes by her lonesome we're getting somewhere.

Taki has a powerful arsenal of ninpo's that have less execution time than Ayane.

2Gi4PV70gdE

Yxrpyv8SNS4

Also, she has more experience than Ayane on the long run. Wether fighting demons is impressive or not. She's demonstrated more formibidality with an edged weapon compared Ayane.

Also, Taki does have a teleport in one of her win quotes.

Superboy Prime
Aye.

I never doubted Taki's spells. And I gave Taki the nod because if the fight was weapon-based Taki has more showings than Ayane to back her up--quite in fact Ayane has none. However flipping the coin if the fight was strictly H2H it is common sense Ayane would have the upper hand.

Sandai Kitetsu
However flipping the coin if the fight was strictly H2H it is common sense Ayane would have the upper hand.

What has ayane demonstrated foor us to give her a superior H2h showing? I admitt, she could possibly defeat Taki in H2h because her fight with kasumi. But, her advantage isn't too wide.

Superboy Prime
Are you seriously asking me what has Ayane done in strict hand 2 hand to show her superiority?

For starters she has showings in H2H unlike Taki. It's exactly the same thing. I give Taki the nod against Ayane with weapons because Ayane has not shown us anything. Same goes for Taki and a strict hand 2 hand showing.

Sandai Kitetsu
Are you seriously asking me what has Ayane done in strict hand 2 hand to show her superiority?
For starters she has showings in H2H unlike Taki. It's exactly the same thing. I give Taki the nod against Ayane with weapons because Ayane has not shown us anything. Same goes for Taki and a strict hand 2 hand showing.

I agree'd with that, So, I'm not gonna argue.

Superboy Prime
All right. I just got a little hotheaded.

On a sidenote...Xenosaga is too f'ing awesome. *Finishes watching the anime*

Sandai Kitetsu
Are you sure Taki can teleport? I just turned on my Soul Caliber game and did a quick little skim of her move list and couldn't find a teleport.

Not only did Genra have a weapon, but suprisingly it's not even that fight that helps Ayane's case here. There's a fight much more relevant to this than Genra. Has everyone forgotten about Kasumi? Kasumi can do most anything Taki can do AND on a higher level. Now I do see what you're saying Superboy Prime. Due to Taki's powerset, she can take some wins. However, it's not like Ayane hasn't faced someone who is faster than herself, can teleport, has faster spells, and actually has victories under her belt. Ayane should take the majority.

But, Taki is not Kasumi and she only defeated her once. Also, just a moment ago you claimed taki has done nothing and then post this: "Kasumi can do most anything Taki can do AND on a higher level."

Are you aware of Taki's feats?

Guilty Gear
I am giving it to Taki because both of them are fast; they can both teleport; and both have nasty spells. However we do know Taki's skills with her blade unlike Ayane. That's it.

Now if we give Ayane that dual lightsaber weapon Genra had it would be a different match IMO.

Edit: Although you are right about Taki...she has not done anything in the SCverse.

I fear I may be under rating Ayane. She did take down an opponent wielding dual light/plasma/whatever staff dur

It's just that they seem so even...and hot. I never thought of the fact that Ayane obtained Genra's energy sword after their fight, though yeah, we haven't seen her use it before.

As for Taki feats, they've been shown in the SCI intro, SCII intro and she can do all those stunts that she does in the game. She can teleport, she can travel extremely fast and what she does is explained in her profiles. DZ explained a bit about her himself.

StyleTime
Taki has a powerful arsenal of ninpo's that have less execution time than Ayane.

Also, she has more experience than Ayane on the long run. Wether fighting demons is impressive or not. She's demonstrated more formibidality with an edged weapon compared Ayane.

Also, Taki does have a teleport in one of her win quotes.
Yes, those are a large reason why I give Taki a few wins on Ayane.

She has more experience. Unfortunately for Taki, Ayane has actually taken down multiple people with more experience than herself.

I popped in Soul Caliber and played a couple of rounds and saw the teleport. You neglected to mention one thing about it though. She has to do hand signs and a pose before she can teleport. It won't help her in battle. Ayane's teleport will. Now that I have actually confirmed Taki's ineffective teleport, Ayane has yet ANOTHER advantage.
But, Taki is not Kasumi and she only defeated her once. Also, just a moment ago you claimed taki has done nothing and then post this: "Kasumi can do most anything Taki can do AND on a higher level."

Are you aware of Taki's feats?
I'm pretty sure I simply asked what has she actually done to say she defeats Ayane. Kasumi isn't Taki, but that's partially my point. Kasumi's faster, stronger, can teleport, and in general is more suited to fight Ayane, yet Ayane managed to overcome her still.

I am well aware of Taki's abilities. She's one of my favorites and most used from Soul Caliber.

Now to assess this fight formally for argument.

Strength: This goes to Ayane. Leaping through chasms and leaping from skyscrapers implies immense leg strength.

Speed: About equal. If we count teleporting in speed, Ayane takes this as well.

Durability: Ayane. Take's area leveling head on, falls off buildings, punched several feet in the air even when she was younger.

Weapons: Taki is more skilled with her short blades.

Ninpo: Taki's is faster. Ayane's is stronger.

Miscellanious: Ayane's teleport obviously outshines Taki's. She actually faced down opponents with weapons/superior ninpo. Taki's silver armor looks cooler.

Now, Taki will put up a decent fight. The problem for Taki is that Ayane has actually defeated opponents who can do what she does. Her weapons aren't really an advantage as Ayane has overcome that before AFTER fighting two other people higher or at Taki's level. Ayane has also defeated an opponent with nigh-instantaneous ninpo that is far stronger than Taki's. She's taken down someone who is faster and stronger than Taki. I'll stop for now.

You all are forgetting that Ayane has shown that she can handle what Taki has to offer as an opponent. Taki has not shown us she capable of the reverse. In fact, Taki has one clear cut advantage over Ayane. It's rediculous to give her a win because of that.

Ayane gets underrated at the strangest times.

Guilty Gear
1. Taki does not have to make hand signs to teleport. This is similar bs that is "Hayabusa needs to make hand signals before he teleports."

Taki: (After winning) "Pitiful." *teleports* No hand signals there.

Ryu: (After winning with Kasumi in tag) "It is done!" *teleports* No hand signals there.

2. Taki can fall from skycrapers. She fell from the top of a tall pillar in the church in SCII before battling Mitsurugi. This does not prove one's durability, by the way, as Ayane and Taki are both extremely fast and light ninjas. They also know how to absorb the shock from the fall.
Ayane gets underrated at the strangest times. I'd say in general.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
1. Taki does not have to make hand signs to teleport. This is similar bs that is "Hayabusa needs to make hand signals before he teleports."

Taki: (After winning) "Pitiful." *teleports* No hand signals there.

Ryu: (After winning with Kasumi in tag) "It is done!" *teleports* No hand signals there.

2. Taki can fall from skycrapers. She fell from the top of a tall pillar in the church in SCII before battling Mitsurugi. This does not prove one's durability, by the way, as Ayane and Taki are both extremely fast and light ninjas. They also know how to absorb the shock from the fall.
I'd say in general.
We already established the fact that Hayabusa doesn't need hand signs to do his defensive teleport. I played with Taki again just to check. She doesn't even teleport when she says "Pitiful". She just leaps off.

2. No, that pillar was not nearly as high as the Tri Tower. That's obvious. It doesn't matter how light they are. We don't really have proof that they were trained to fall from heights. We do know that Ayane can fall unharmed though. It is a durability, but not neccesarily an invulnerability feat. Musculature is also part of durability.

I'm curious. Do you think Taki could also defeat Bison if teamed with Kasumi?

Guilty Gear
We already established the fact that Hayabusa doesn't need hand signs to do his defensive teleport. I played with Taki again just to check. She doesn't even teleport when she says "Pitiful". She just leaps off.

2. No, that pillar was not nearly as high as the Tri Tower. That's obvious. It doesn't matter how light they are. We don't really have proof that they were trained to fall from heights. We do know that Ayane can fall unharmed though. It is a durability, but not neccesarily an invulnerability feat. Musculature is also part of durability.

I'm curious. Do you think Taki could also defeat Bison if teamed with Kasumi? 1. No, she does teleport. It may seem like she did leap off. Fact is she "leaped" then disappeared into thin air, the same exact way Hayabusa and Kasumi leaped and vanished.

2. Ayane and Hayate did not jump from the top of the towers to the bottom, if I'm not mistaken. They landed on the bridge connecting them. Taki was barely visible from Mitsurugi's perspective before they fought, and she traveled all the way to him in one jump. What does being armed have to do with falling from heights? Nothing, and as I proved just a while ago, falling from heights for ninjas does not prove durability, at all, since they are specifically trained to fall from heights without getting hurt. If Ayane is as duraable as you make her out to be, then why does she get cut by bullets? Right, it's because she can't take a village busting fireball (which was only done in Hayabusa's storymode by the way). Stop saying bs such as "Ayane took a land busting blast" because she didn't. Nowhere does it show her taking an attack of that magnitude, and the place where she fought Omega was not on a higher level before or after Genra burned the place. The snow melted and the place was on fire, that's it. Ayane proceeded to fight him then.
I'm curious. Do you think Taki could also defeat Bison if teamed with Kasumi? I don't see why not really. Taki's spells added with her speed and Kasumi's could easily kill Bison in a few seconds at most. They catch him off-gaurd at any instant and he's chopped bison for dinner.

Edit: Damn...I just watched Ayane's DOA4 story mode and Alpha-152 is even more powerful than I initially thought. Just the sheer amount of force from her/it wrecks and destroys everything around her.

Guilty Gear
Wanted to make an edit..

I misread "unharmed", thinking it was "unarmed". My bad StyleTime.

Superboy Prime
They did not jump from the top of the skyscrapper, but it was still really ****ing high.

Superboy Prime
Ayane better show some fancy skills with the light staff. Kick ass weapon, god damn it.

Sandai Kitetsu
Yes, those are a large reason why I give Taki a few wins on Ayane.

She has more experience. Unfortunately for Taki, Ayane has actually taken down multiple people with more experience than herself

Here we go, why are you always attributing her opponents skill sets to Ayane? She doesn't get her opponents experience from beating them, this isn't Highlander.

I popped in Soul Caliber and played a couple of rounds and saw the teleport. You neglected to mention one thing about it though. She has to do hand signs and a pose before she can teleport. It won't help her in battle. Ayane's teleport will. Now that I have actually confirmed Taki's ineffective teleport, Ayane has yet ANOTHER advantage.

The only reason I mentioned teleport was because you claimed she did not have one.

I'm pretty sure I simply asked what has she actually done to say she defeats Ayane. Kasumi isn't Taki, but that's partially my point. Kasumi's faster, stronger, can teleport, and in general is more suited to fight Ayane, yet Ayane managed to overcome her still.

Here we go again, Styletime. Your using A>B>C logic to substantiate Ayane's victory. Kasumi's stats are irrelevant to ayane's, why must you always resort to this illogical stand point in debates?

I am well aware of Taki's abilities. She's one of my favorites and most used from Soul Caliber.

Then why did you ask for her feats?

Strength: This goes to Ayane. Leaping through chasms and leaping from skyscrapers implies immense leg strength.

Speed: About equal. If we count teleporting in speed, Ayane takes this as well.

Durability: Ayane. Take's area leveling head on, falls off buildings, punched several feet in the air even when she was younger.

Weapons: Taki is more skilled with her short blades.

Ninpo: Taki's is faster. Ayane's is stronger.

Miscellanious: Ayane's teleport obviously outshines Taki's. She actually faced down opponents with weapons/superior ninpo. Taki's silver armor looks cooler.

Strength: Leg power is not overall strength my dude.

Durability: Here we go again, that's a game mechanic

Speed: I agree

Ninpo: Ayane's ninpo's are worthless in a straight up fight

Sandai Kitetsu

So, what does facing whoever have to do with Ayane's Skill sets?

Now, Taki will put up a decent fight. The problem for Taki is that Ayane has actually defeated opponents who can do what she does. Her weapons aren't really an advantage as Ayane has overcome that before AFTER fighting two other people higher or at Taki's level. Ayane has also defeated an opponent with nigh-instantaneous ninpo that is far stronger than Taki's. She's taken down someone who is faster and stronger than Taki. I'll stop for now.
A>B>C logic as always

You all are forgetting that Ayane has shown that she can handle what Taki has to offer as an opponent. Taki has not shown us she capable of the reverse. In fact, Taki has one clear cut advantage over Ayane. It's rediculous to give her a win because of that.
A>B>C logic again

Ayane gets underrated at the strangest times.
Stop whining mane, not one person has underrated her in this thread.

Superboy Prime
He wasn't mentioning gameplay mechanics when he supported Ayane's durability. He was talking about the fire blast Genra used right before the 2 of them fought. In DOA4 there is a cutscene where Ayane & Hayate jump off from a great height and land unharmed in a platform below. And Ayane got punched several feet off the air by Raidou before he crippled Hayate and stole his Torn Sky Blast.

Sandai Kitetsu
He wasn't mentioning gameplay mechanics when he supported Ayane's durability. He was talking about the fire blast Genra used right before the 2 of them fought. In DOA4 there is a cutscen where Ayane & Hayate jump off from great height and land unharmed in a platform below. And Ayane got punched several feet off the air by Raidou before he crippled Hayate and stole his Torn Sky Blast.

I know those scenes, but he made it seem that Ayane jumped off the entire Tri-Tower when she just dropped on the landing pad.
Also, Ayane was never hit or avoided the blast that leveled Azuchi castle.

Superboy Prime
True he made it seem like she jumped the entire Tri-Tower, but the height was still really high.

That's not the blast he was talking about. It's the blast Genra uses to level the snowfield they were on.

Sandai Kitetsu
True he made it seem like she jumped the entire Tri-Tower, but the height was still really high.

I know it's high, but not the way he made it seem.

That's not the blast he was talking about. It's the blast Genra uses to level the snowfield they were on.
I don't remember there being a blast, but lemme check it out.

Sandai Kitetsu
gd1zZDLZB-A

What blast hit ayane?

Superboy Prime
She's standing right before me. Genra burns everything including the area she's standing in.

Guilty Gear
There wasn't a blast that hit her. The area around her got burned up.

And where do you see ruins of Azuchi castle?

Superboy Prime
So...wtf happened then? Even the ground her feet are stepping on are burnt. Is she immune to it or wtf?

Sandai Kitetsu
He just lit the area on fire, he did not blast Ayane.

So...wtf happened then? Even the ground her feet are stepping on are burnt. Is she immune to it or wtf?

The entire area just went a blaze, She was not hit by anything.

Superboy Prime
Aye.

StyleTime
1. No, she does teleport. It may seem like she did leap off. Fact is she "leaped" then disappeared into thin air, the same exact way Hayabusa and Kasumi leaped and vanished.

2. Ayane and Hayate did not jump from the top of the towers to the bottom, if I'm not mistaken. They landed on the bridge connecting them. Taki was barely visible from Mitsurugi's perspective before they fought, and she traveled all the way to him in one jump. What does being armed have to do with falling from heights? Nothing, and as I proved just a while ago, falling from heights for ninjas does not prove durability, at all, since they are specifically trained to fall from heights without getting hurt. If Ayane is as duraable as you make her out to be, then why does she get cut by bullets? Right, it's because she can't take a village busting fireball (which was only done in Hayabusa's storymode by the way). Stop saying bs such as "Ayane took a land busting blast" because she didn't. Nowhere does it show her taking an attack of that magnitude, and the place where she fought Omega was not on a higher level before or after Genra burned the place. The snow melted and the place was on fire, that's it. Ayane proceeded to fight him then.
I don't see why not really. Taki's spells added with her speed and Kasumi's could easily kill Bison in a few seconds at most. They catch him off-gaurd at any instant and he's chopped bison for dinner.

Edit: Damn...I just watched Ayane's DOA4 story mode and Alpha-152 is even more powerful than I initially thought. Just the sheer amount of force from her/it wrecks and destroys everything around her.
She just lept off screen. Before Ayane teleported in DOA4, it was assumed she couldn't as well. Keep in mind that this was despite the fact that she also lept off screen. No reason to make an exception for Taki.

Mitsurugi and Taki used conversational voices while they adressed each other. She was clearly nowhere near as high off the place of landing as Ayane was. Do you think if Alpha-152 jumped out and just said "'Sup" that Ayane would hear it?

You didn't prove anything about it. The fact is, the ninja were never once depicted as training to fall from those heights. The fact is that Ayane did fall from that height. You are confusing durability with invulverability. Spiderman and Wolverine also have enhanced durability, yet they can still be wounded from bullets. Musculature is also part of durability and Ayane has demonstrated more than Taki.

As for the landscpape, that was clearly a mountain my friend. You can play on the level and see that. Genra incinerated all of it including where Ayane was. Either she is now resistant to fire/heat or she took a blast. Your call.
Here we go, why are you always attributing her opponents skill sets to Ayane? She doesn't get her opponents experience from beating them, this isn't Highlander.

The only reason I mentioned teleport was because you claimed she did not have one.

Here we go again, Styletime. Your using A>B>C logic to substantiate Ayane's victory. Kasumi's stats are irrelevant to ayane's, why must you always resort to this illogical stand point in debates?

Then why did you ask for her feats?

Strength: Leg power is not overall strength my dude.

Durability: Here we go again, that's a game mechanic

Speed: I agree

Ninpo: Ayane's ninpo's are worthless in a straight up fight
Did I say that? In fact, I gave Taki the nod in experience, for all the good it'll do her.

Ok.

Here we go again Sandai. The character you're defending has no win record, so you downplay the opponent's victories. It's not like I simply stated "Ayane beats Kasumi sho she wins". I added her victories to the fact that Ayane holds the most advantages in this fight to say she wins. Those fights just help show that Ayane can deal with what Taki is bringing to the table. Stop acting like it was the center of my argument.

I asked for feats that said she can beat Ayane. I'm still getting none.

Strength: Fair enough. I didn't bring all of Ayane's abilities up because I don't think she needs them, but Ayane is stronger all around. If you recall, Ayane is able to throw her kunai through concrete/brick/etc walls in Ninja Gaiden. Considering the fact that she always throws it directly in front of Hayabusa without hitting him, she also has insane accuracy. She's stronger than Taki.

Durability: All of those happened in cutscenes my friend.

Speed: Settled.

Ninpo: Never claimed otherwise. Just stating what they were.
So, what does facing whoever have to do with Ayane's Skill sets?

A>B>C logic as always

A>B>C logic again

Stop whining mane, not one person has underrated her in this thread.
It means she can actualy deal with Taki's assests considering she's dealt with them before

You only moan about this when your character has no counter for it.

Same.

Yes, multiple people have. You're accusing me of whining? Do you even realize you just revived multiple threads containing Ayane JUST so you could express your newfound disdain for her?

Now to sum up everything because quoting multiple posts is quite tedious.

Now, Ayane is stronger, more durable, can teleport, has ranged weapons, and more relevant experience. Taki is virtually just relying on her weapons here. Ayane, unfortunatly for the older kunoichi, has actually proven she is capable of handling what Taki has to offer. People are forgetting that Taki hasn't actually proven that she can take down opponents on Ayane's level. Ayane has proved the opposite. In combination with most other advantages going to Ayane, Ayane should take the majority.

Since when did KMC stop giving the victory to the person with the most advantages? What the f**k?

Superboy Prime
Yes, multiple people have. You're accusing me of whining? Do you even realize you just revived multiple threads containing Ayane JUST so you could express your newfound disdain for her?

Agreed.

Sandai Kitetsu

Did I say that? In fact, I gave Taki the nod in experience, for all the good it'll do her.
That wasn' the point, your making it seem that since Ayane somehow has defeated characters that are "More experienced than Taki" Then taki's experience will not really matter. Which is why you brought Kasumi and Genra up.

Here we go again Sandai. The character you're defending has no win record, so you downplay the opponent's victories. .

First of all Taki does have victories and second I'm not downplaying anything. Your so hyperfocused on using A>B>C logic to support Ayane in this debate, and that's the bulk of what your saying. That sort of logic does not prove jack, so stop using it.

It's not like I simply stated "Ayane beats Kasumi sho she wins". I added her victories to the fact that Ayane holds the most advantages in this fight to say she wins. Those fights just help show that Ayane can deal with what Taki is bringing to the table. Stop acting like it was the center of my argument.

It is the center of your argument, you didn't really mention how Ayane would cope against Taki's blade. Instead, you brought Kasumi and Genra to try to make it seem that she has fought skilled opponents with weapons before she could cope. So, when did she fight Kasumi with a blade and what Skill did Genra display wth a blade spinning his saber like a helicopter?

I asked for feats that said she can beat Ayane. I'm still getting none.

Because your ignoring them, They were stated by DZ , GG, and myself.

Sandai Kitetsu

Strength: Fair enough. I didn't bring all of Ayane's abilities up because I don't think she needs them, but Ayane is stronger all around. If you recall, Ayane is able to throw her kunai through concrete/brick/etc walls in Ninja Gaiden. Considering the fact that she always throws it directly in front of Hayabusa without hitting him, she also has insane accuracy. She's stronger than Taki.

Durability: All of those happened in cutscenes my friend.

Speed: Settled.

Ninpo: Never claimed otherwise. Just stating what they were.

It means she can actualy deal with Taki's assests considering she's dealt with them before

You only moan about this when your character has no counter for it.

Same.

Strength: Taki's capable of knocking down an armored opponent with a sweep and a round house. You believe throwing Kunai makes her stronger.

Durbality: She did not take a blast from Genra, and She did not fall from the Tri-Towers. Form a better argument that shows what she can do.

No, I call you out because you debate with Bullshit methods and resort to stealth fanboyism.

What threads did I bump beside Chun-li vs Ayane recently, and when did I bash her in said threads? No one mentioned Ayane being anything in this thread, but you decide that she was being underrated because a divergence of opinion. Stop whining, mane.

Sandai Kitetsu

As for the landscpape, that was clearly a mountain my friend. You can play on the level and see that. Genra incinerated all of it including where Ayane was. Either she is now resistant to fire/heat or she took a blast. Your call.

Neither, there was no blast and Ayane did not display any resistance to fire. The area was just a blaze and nowhere did we see her on fire.

StyleTime
That wasn' the point, your making it seem that since Ayane somehow has defeated characters that are "More experienced than Taki" Then taki's experience will not really matter. Which is why you brought Kasumi and Genra up.

First of all Taki does have victories and second I'm not downplaying anything. Your so hyperfocused on using A>B>C logic to support Ayane in this debate, and that's the bulk of what your saying. That sort of logic does not prove jack, so stop using it.

It is the center of your argument, you didn't really mention how Ayane would cope against Taki's blade. Instead, you brought Kasumi and Genra to try to make it seem that she has fought skilled opponents with weapons before she could cope. So, when did she fight Kasumi with a blade and what Skill did Genra display wth a blade spinning his saber like a helicopter?

Because your ignoring them, They were stated by DZ , GG, and myself.
I brought it up to show that Ayane can deal with superior experience. I don't see why Ayane's experience dealing with experienced opponents should be discounted.

You are downplaying. I've already said it's not the bulk of anything. I added Ayane's previous over opponents with similar or better attributes to Ayane's already greater advantages to say she wins. Again, I didn't just say Ayane>Kasumi>Taki.

She'd cope with it via countering, teleporting, or just blocking with a kunai. She' stronger than Taki so blocking shouldn't be much of an issue. I didn't bring Kasumi up for weapons anyway.

No, I've acknowledged them. I've also pointed out why they won't help Taki win. You all are ignoring things, not me.
Strength: Taki's capable of knocking down an armored opponent with a sweep and a round house. You believe throwing Kunai makes her stronger.

Durbality: She did not take a blast from Genra, and She did not fall from the Tri-Towers. Form a better argument that shows what she can do.

No, I call you out because you debate with Bullshit methods and resort to stealth fanboyism.

What threads did I bump beside Chun-li vs Ayane recently, and when did I bash her in said threads? No one mentioned Ayane being anything in this thread, but you decide that she was being underrated because a divergence of opinion. Stop whining, mane.
Before I address this, I need to be sure we're thinking of the same scene. Is this her vs Voldo?

You're right. She leapt from the Tri Towers, so she didn't fall. If she didn't take a blast, then she resisted fire.

Again, you always just proclaim A>B>C when the other character has legitimate victories that actually help his or her case. Stealth fanboyism? Me arguing Ayane, who has the feats to back her up, against Taki is stealth fanboyism? No, me arguing Ayane against Bison or Akuma would be fanboyism. You are being affected by your own displeasure with Ayane's status on the boards. It's not fanboyism on my part.
Neither, there was no blast and Ayane did not display any resistance to fire. The area was just a blaze and nowhere did we see her on fire.
The very ground Ayane stood on was also incinerated. How do you propose that Genra affected literally everything except Ayane?

P.S. Could we keep the replies to one post? It sucks having to quote multiple things when I am replying to one person.

Sandai Kitetsu
I brought it up to show that Ayane can deal with superior experience. I don't see why Ayane's experience dealing with experienced opponents should be discounted.

Did I say it should be discounted? Your giving it way more worth than it actually has, mane. We do not know how said fights went down so what are we gain from using them as the basis for a debate? Your basically saying that since Ayane beat Kasumi Taki's experience should not be a problem. Problem is overcoming an advantage in a prior fight does not change an adavantage in this fight.

You are downplaying. I've already said it's not the bulk of anything. I added Ayane's previous over opponents with similar or better attributes to Ayane's already greater advantages to say she wins. Again, I didn't just say Ayane>Kasumi>Taki.

Right, which is why you had to claim that:Originally posted by StyleTime
Kasumi can do most anything Taki can do AND on a higher level.
Is that not hyping up her victory?

She'd cope with it via countering, teleporting, or just blocking with a kunai. She' stronger than Taki so blocking shouldn't be much of an issue. I didn't bring Kasumi up for weapons anyway.

She's not physically stronger than Taki just because she can throw a Kunai, my Dude. Why did you bring Kasumi then, to show that Ayane can fight a "more experienced opponent" just to refute Taki's experience? Too bad that Ayane is not Kasumi.

No, I've acknowledged them. I've also pointed out why they won't help Taki win. You all are ignoring things, not me.

No ones ignoring anything, your just exaggerating just to debate.

Before I address this, I need to be sure we're thinking of the same scene. Is this her vs Voldo?

You're right. She leapt from the Tri Towers, so she didn't fall. If she didn't take a blast, then she resisted fire.

Yeah, it's the Voldo fight and we do not know where she leapt from because she just appeared from the luanch pad with hayate. She was not on fire at all. Genra just set the area a balze, being on fire and near a fire are to different things.

Again, you always just proclaim A>B>C when the other character has legitimate victories that actually help his or her case.
Because it is A>B>C logic, your entire argument about how Ayane willd deal with Taki's Edge weapons falls apart without said fights. Why is kasumi here, dide she fight aayane with a weapon and what skill did Genra show?

Stealth fanboyism? Me arguing Ayane, who has the feats to back her up, against Taki is stealth fanboyism? No, me arguing Ayane against Bison or Akuma would be fanboyism. You are being affected by your own displeasure with Ayane's status on the boards. It's not fanboyism on my part.

Fanboyism is more than just debating against power houses, it's over hyping your favorite characters ability as well. Like when you claimed Ayane took moutain side leveling blast in one thread.
I do not have any displeasure with ayane and this is about the way you debate. Ayane is irrelevant because you did this before in the Hitomi Vs Asuka thread. Maybe I was wrong to call you a fanboy, But, your really debating from an illogical stand point.

The very ground Ayane stood on was also incinerated. How do you propose that Genra affected literally everything except Ayane?

It did not affect everything, she was not on fire you can clearly see this.

Superboy Prime
How exactly would the ground below her feet be burnt, trees were destroyed etc and yet it did not affect everything? It's confusing as it is, but I think she actually showed a degree of durability there. However you have your opinion.

You commented how Taki's strength is superior to Ayane because she can take down an armored opponent with a sweep and a roundhouse? Ayane can do the same to Genra, dude.

Sandai Kitetsu
How exactly would the ground below her feet be burnt, trees were destroyed etc and yet it did not affect everything? It's confusing as it is, but I think she actually showed a degree of durability there. However you have your opinion.

Have you ever been on fire before? Are you aware that being emmersed in a flame is not the same as being near one. Was Ayane on fire during said cutscene? If you actually looks at the scene and the arena we clearly see that camera is simply behind the flames. She's not on fire.

You commented how Taki's strength is superior to Ayane because she can take down an armored opponent with a sweep and a roundhouse? Ayane can do the same to Genra, dude.

I didn't say Taki has superior strength to ayane and Show me Ayane Sweeping Genra in a cutscene.

Violent2Dope
Oh yeah, Ayane can take mountain melting heat, but she gets cut by bullets. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
I haven't been in a fire, thank god. Wouldn't want to be in one ever. She's standing there. She doesn't move at all, and everything burns. Even the ground below her feet. If the ground below her feet is burnt then there was obviously fire burning it, no? Meh. Whatever.

You know there is no cut-scene with Ayane sweeping Genra, but she can do it in gameplay, and I already told you why I believed Ayane had to melee Genra for the win. However you're going to throw that out of the window, so I won't bother arguing about it.

Superboy Prime
Oh yeah, Ayane can take mountain melting heat, but she gets cut by bullets. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not precisely the same thing at all durfist

Try harder next time.

Sandai Kitetsu
Infact, the camera is similar to a scene with Ganondorf in ocarina of time.

Violent2Dope
Not precisely the same thing at all durfist

Try harder next time. Yeah, it really is. Nuthin touched her in that scene.

Violent2Dope
Infact, the camera is similar to a scene with Ganondorf in ocarina of time. What?

Superboy Prime
Burning and getting shot are 2 very different things V2D.

Besides my reply was to this:

Not the same thing at all. Get it now?

Besides then you say it is really the same thing; eventhough Ayane was actually hit with the bullet, and was not with the flame.

You have actually posted an oxymoron. durlaugh

Violent2Dope
Burning and getting shot are 2 very different things V2D. So she only has more durability than a mountain against fire? Riiiiiight...

Sandai Kitetsu
I haven't been in a fire, thank god. Wouldn't want to be in one ever. She's standing there. She doesn't move at all, and everything burns. Even the ground below her feet. If the ground below her feet is burnt then there was obviously fire burning it, no? Meh. Whatever.

And, when the scene ends we clearly see that the fire is around the two. Your taking it too litterallly.

You know there is no cut-scene with Ayane sweeping Genra, but she can do it in gameplay, and I already told you why I believed Ayane had to melee Genra for the win. However you're going to throw that out of the window, so I won't bother arguing about it.

And, Dan can beat Akuma in gameplay, what's your point? Gameplay doesn't dictate flow of events nor does it differentiate between individual stats or highlight them properly.

Sandai Kitetsu
So she only has more durability than a mountain against fire? Riiiiiight...

It's not even a moutain, the area that Genra fights eveyone is Azuchi castle.

Violent2Dope
Oh. Well either way nothing touched her so her durability is not as L33T as Styles is makin it sound.

Superboy Prime
So he teleported Ayane to the Azuchi castle?

Sandai Kitetsu
So he teleported Ayane to the Azuchi castle?

I have no clue, it's most likely a change in setting ( I forgot the term, but it's a theatre terminology).

Sandai Kitetsu
What?
Remember when Ganondorf was riding his horse during a cutscene in OOT, The fire was positioned the exact same mannar as it was in that cutscene with Genra.

Violent2Dope
Remember when Ganondorf was riding his horse during a cutscene in OOT, The fire was positioned the exact same mannar as it was in that cutscene with Genra. No I don't remember.

Sandai Kitetsu
When he's riding his horse, and it happened in majora's mask as when they were describing said mask.

Violent2Dope
When he's riding his horse, and it happened in majora's mask as when they were describing said mask. Oh you mean when he's riding the horse when Link was talkin to the Deku Tree.

Sandai Kitetsu
Oh you mean when he's riding the horse when Link was talkin to the Deku Tree.

Yeah.

Superboy Prime
Did we ever see the ground below the horse & ganon though?

Sandai Kitetsu
Did we ever see the ground below the horse & ganon though?

No, we didn't, but we do know that the ground around Ayane was not on fire. smile

Superboy Prime
But it was burnt. dur

Sandai Kitetsu
But it was burnt. dur

How do you burn snow? dur

Superboy Prime
You melt the snow with fire and then burn the ground with it. dur

I expected more from you, worthy adversary.

StyleTime
Damnit. I was going to reply before I left, but you guys added like another damn page I have to read through.

I'll see you all later tonight hopefully.

Sandai Kitetsu
You melt the snow with fire and then burn the ground with it. dur

I expected more from you, worthy adversary.

Where do you see the ground burnt?

Superboy Prime
Lovely isn't it, StyleTime.

See ya later.

Superboy Prime
Where do you see the ground burnt?

When you are fighting Genra? durfist

Sandai Kitetsu
When you are fighting Genra? durfist

I see and your sure that the ground was scroched because you've personally seen the ground before hand despite the fact it's covered in snow. Infact, if the fire covereed Ayane where is it in the actaul fight.

Superboy Prime
And why would it be burnt in the first place? Memory is a little heavy right now but I think I saw flames a couple of feet away from Genra & Ayane when they fight.

It's more logical for me to think that Genra caused it instead of it being burnt already.

Sandai Kitetsu
And why would it be burnt in the first place? Memory is a little heavy right now but I think I saw flames a couple of feet away from Genra & Ayane when they fight.

It's more logical for me to think that Genra caused it instead of it being burnt already.

That's not what I mean, we do not really know how the terrain looked before hand. So, we don't know if the Fire burnt the ground where Ayane and Genra are fighting. Furthermore, when you look at the arena for the fight, you can clearly see that the the flame that was allegedly covering the entire area including Ayane is gone. What happened to the fire that was allegedly around Ayane?

Superboy Prime
No idea. It burned out? lol.

I'm looking at Ayane's storymode right now and there were "walls" in the stage before she fought Genra. After Genra lits the arena those are no longer visible. Just something I wanted to point out.

PS - I hate knowing english as a 2nd language. Sometimes it's hard to put my thoughts into words.

Sandai Kitetsu
No idea. It burned out? lol.

Personally, I believe that Ayane was having a flashback about a fight she had with Hayate. Which would explain the change of scenery from the moutains to the Castle remians. Though, I cannot really prove that it was a flashback, but it makes sense.

I'm looking at Ayane's storymode right now and there were "walls" in the stage before she fought Genra. After Genra lits the arena those are no longer visible. Just something I wanted to point out.

If you look at the Omega's stage, you can see roof tiles from the castle.

P.S.-Your english is fine

Violent2Dope
What was your first language Prime?

Superboy Prime
Yo quiero Taco Bell.

BlaxicanHydra
uh uh uh uh papi!

Heuvos. Grande negro. mm....

Sandai Kitetsu
Muy hombre comprende espanol.

confused

BlaxicanHydra
Indeedy. Chupa me mucho grande negro heuvos, por favor.

I'm Blaxican, remember?

Superboy Prime
ROFL

Violent2Dope
I love you all.

BlaxicanHydra
Can I get a BB and B sandwhich then?

Violent2Dope
No but I can give you a BJ and a Dirty Sanchez.

Guilty Gear
If you look at the Omega's stage, you can see roof tiles from the castle.If you would, catch an image by using the print screen button showing those because I don't see them in the stage.

Sandai Kitetsu
If you would, catch an image by using the print screen button showing those because I don't see them in the stage.
It's not on that video, however it is on the video when we first debated it.

Guilty Gear
Show me the video that shows the remains.

Sandai Kitetsu
-

Guilty Gear
Thank you.

Sandai Kitetsu
DJz8ljXRaGk

You can see stepping stones and pieces of the castle.

Guilty Gear
I'm still not convinced. It seems stupid to say that Genra altered the location where they were fighting. The best assumption we can make is that those "remains" are the logs that were initially there, and the stepping stones were underneath the snow already. Those stones have large gaps between them and there only appears to be four in a single row. In the Azuchi Castle stage, the stepping stones are touching each other and are connected to make several paths and are somewhat shaped differently, which is why I doubt your thoughts.

Sandai Kitetsu
I'm still not convinced. It seems stupid to say that Genra altered the location where they were fighting.

Never claimed that he altered the location, if you look back you will see my explanation of what happened.

The best assumption we can make is that those "remains" are the logs that were initially there, and the stepping stones were underneath the snow already.

That makes no sense, considering we see pieces of the castle. Nevermind the weather and time of day match that of Azuchi Castle.

Those stones have large gaps between them and there only appears to be four in a single row. In the Azuchi Castle stage, the stepping stones are touching each other and are connected to make several paths and are somewhat shaped differently, which is why I doubt your thoughts.

That's irrelevant, all that matters is that there are stepping stones in the first place. How did they get there and why des the area resemble Azuchi castle?

Guilty Gear
Your posts are giving people headaches, and it seems whenever someone tells you their opinion on something you then tell them that it makes no sense and that your opinion is divine.

I know you didn't claim that, and I also know that I didn't say you did. You're setting change theory is even dumber.

Once again, if you want to think those are pieces of the castle, that's fine. From my point of view they look like burnt standing tree logs.

Re-read the part about the stepping stones that I mentioned earlier. No point in trying to make you see things differently. I'll just let you believe what you want.

Sandai Kitetsu
Your posts are giving people headaches, and it seems whenever someone tells you their opinion on something you then tell them that it makes no sense and that your opinion is divine

I know you didn't claim that, and I also know that I didn't say you did. You're setting change theory is even dumber.

Once again, if you want to think those are pieces of the castle, that's fine. From my point of view they look like burnt standing tree logs.

Re-read the part about the stepping stones that I mentioned earlier. No point in trying to make you see things differently. I'll just let you believe what you want.

You done whining, mane? because it seems my post flew over your head. I never claimed Genra changed the setting, had you actually went back to my post you would see what I believe happened instead of making wild accusations. Infact, I was against the premise that Genra changed the setting (A theory I did not even create). Also, you ignored my argument about the weather and time of day. Tree stomps my foot, if you actually look at the vid you can clearly see 2 X 4. Where did those come from?

Guilty Gear
You either cannot read or misinterpret everything one says to you. Nowhere did I claim you said that the setting changed. I said that it was your theory.Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I have no clue, it's most likely a change in setting ( I forgot the term, but it's a theatre terminology).
---

So anyone who responds to your posts is now whining. In case you haven't noticed you do the exact same thing, respond to their posts and tell them their opinion is wrong. Nice double standard. Bye.

Sandai Kitetsu
So anyone who responds to your posts is now whining. In case you haven't noticed you do the exact same thing, respond to their posts and tell them their opinion is wrong. Nice double standard. Bye.

I never even said your opinion is wrong, and where does this "everybody" come from? Can't you form an argument without bringing someone in?

You either cannot read or misinterpret everything one says to you. Nowhere did I claim you said that the setting changed. I said that it was your theory.

How's it my theory when I never supported it and I addressed your points while you ignored mine.

Guilty Gear
If that wasn't your theory, than what was?

Violent2Dope
Here's a thot. How about you to stop bickering like a married couple over where the fight took place and whether those are stepping stones or tree stumps?big grin

StyleTime
Did I say it should be discounted? Your giving it way more worth than it actually has, mane. We do not know how said fights went down so what are we gain from using them as the basis for a debate? Your basically saying that since Ayane beat Kasumi Taki's experience should not be a problem. Problem is overcoming an advantage in a prior fight does not change an adavantage in this fight.

Right, which is why you had to claim that:
Is that not hyping up her victory?

She's not physically stronger than Taki just because she can throw a Kunai, my Dude. Why did you bring Kasumi then, to show that Ayane can fight a "more experienced opponent" just to refute Taki's experience? Too bad that Ayane is not Kasumi.

No ones ignoring anything, your just exaggerating just to debate.

Yeah, it's the Voldo fight and we do not know where she leapt from because she just appeared from the luanch pad with hayate. She was not on fire at all. Genra just set the area a balze, being on fire and near a fire are to different things.

Because it is A>B>C logic, your entire argument about how Ayane willd deal with Taki's Edge weapons falls apart without said fights. Why is kasumi here, dide she fight aayane with a weapon and what skill did Genra show?

Fanboyism is more than just debating against power houses, it's over hyping your favorite characters ability as well. Like when you claimed Ayane took moutain side leveling blast in one thread.
I do not have any displeasure with ayane and this is about the way you debate. Ayane is irrelevant because you did this before in the Hitomi Vs Asuka thread. Maybe I was wrong to call you a fanboy, But, your really debating from an illogical stand point.

It did not affect everything, she was not on fire you can clearly see this.
I don't think you're giving it enough credit though. After a certain point experience doesn't play much of a factor. Otherwise, people with less experience would never win. It would be one thing if Ayane had never had a real field mission, but she has. It also doesn't help Taki that much of Taki's experience is against demons.

I said it wasn't the bulk of Ayane's case. The victory deserves hype if that is what you were trying to elicit from me.

Yes, yes she is. It lodges into concrete. When did Taki do that something like that? You can argue some of the other stuff if you want, but Ayane has the strength down. I already mentioned why Kasumi was brought up.

Exaggerating? Me? You say this after you brought up Taki vs Voldo? This leads me to the next point actually.

Yeah she kicked Voldo....in the knee. Voldo faltered. That was about it. He didn't fall. He didn't even move backwards. His knee gave way. A real life human can do that even against armor. Armor is made with flexible knee joints as it would be ineffective to not be able to bend your knees in combat, armed or unarmed. You can clearly see Ayane and Hayate jump from an upper floor no more than 5 floors from the top of the Tri Towers. They flip in the air for a good bit before landing. They fell from a pretty rediculously high height. I'm not referring to her endind scene if that is what you are thinking. Maybe we're not talking about the same scene.

No, it doesn't fall apart. I menioned ways for Ayane to deal with weapons. Teleporting, countering etc. Ayane's victory just further strengthens the fact the Ayane can effectively deal with weapons.

I've never stated Ayane as my favorite character as far as I know, but that's beside the point. I am pretty sure I said "a debatably mountain leveling blast" in that thread. Again, you act like you haven't hyped up something before....including things in this very thread. You said Voldo was actually knocked down by Taki. You said Taki had a "powerful arsenal of ninpo" when in fact she has like one. In each game she does the same damn expanding field attack with a different pose before doing it. While we're on Asuka vs Hitomi, may I also bring up your argument with Asuka jumping from the skyscraper? You brought up essentially the same point about leg strength/durability I am bringing up here. To me, your standpoint is illogical though. As you already know, I'm originally from the comic books vs. Past victories and losses count a lot unless there is much evidence to the contrary. It's the reason Champion will never be given a victory over anyone. For all his abilities, he fights like an idiot and he always loses. While Taki has wins, they're against noone who is actually established on any level near Ayane. If Taki was just blatantly Ayane's physical superior, then she could take it. Unfortunately, Ayane has most of the combat advantages and the win record. It's illogical to me for you to argue against that.

Maybe I was quick to say you you're hating on Ayane, but honestly look at this. What was I supposed to think when you revived these?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=437162&pagenumber=4

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t431460.html

Of course we can't forget about the very thread we're participating in right now. Maybe you're not hating, but it does seem like you went out of your way to express discontent with the young kunoichi.
Oh. Well either way nothing touched her so her durability is not as L33T as Styles is makin it sound.
How "L33T" was I making it sound? I didn't say Ayane could just roll over Taki because of it. Like others you are confusing durability with invulnerability.

As for the Omega vid. The area under Ayane's very feet was clearly burned and the map was leveled. Either Omega blasted the place or he burned it. I don't see how you all can deny that.

Violent2Dope
Yeah she can take mountain busting blasts but not a bullet.roll eyes (sarcastic)Also, one impressive victory Taki has is Cervantes I think.

Sandai Kitetsu
I don't think you're giving it enough credit though. After a certain point experience doesn't play much of a factor. Otherwise, people with less experience would never win.

Wait,Wait,Wait, If experience doesn't play much of a factor than why the hyper focus on who Ayane defeated? I haven't even mentioned all the people Taki has defeated, but you brung Kasumi and Genra into this debat and now it's not much of a factor?

It would be one thing if Ayane had never had a real field mission, but she has. It also doesn't help Taki that much of Taki's experience is against demons.

How does it not help her that she has fought Demons and Immortal spirits? Infact, I can say the same about Ayane's fights

I said it wasn't the bulk of Ayane's case. The victory deserves hype if that is what you were trying to elicit from me.

The problem is you overhype said fights. Like when you claimed Kasumi is on a higher level than Taki just to make Ayane look L33T.

Yes, yes she is. It lodges into concrete. When did Taki do that something like that? You can argue some of the other stuff if you want, but Ayane has the strength down. I already mentioned why Kasumi was brought up.

Dude, a Kunai weighs what three to five pounds? That's probably 5% of Ayane's actual weight and your ttelling me that her throwing something that light makes her stronger? The impact of the kunai has nothing to do with physical strength it's about force. The same way a baseball pitcher can hurl a baseball around 80-100 MPH. It's all about how you throw and your accuracy not physical effort. I've seen a japanese man who claimed to be a ninja throw a playing card to cut a cucumber, I've seen Chinese Cops cut wood with a sheet of paper, etc. Does that mean they are physical powerhouses, no.

Exaggerating? Me? You say this after you brought up Taki vs Voldo? This leads me to the next point actually.

Yeah she kicked Voldo....in the knee. Voldo faltered. That was about it. He didn't fall. He didn't even move backwards. His knee gave way. A real life human can do that even against armor. Armor is made with flexible knee joints as it would be ineffective to not be able to bend your knees in combat, armed or unarmed. You can clearly see Ayane and Hayate jump from an upper floor no more than 5 floors from the top of the Tri Towers. They flip in the air for a good bit before landing. They fell from a pretty rediculously high height. I'm not referring to her endind scene if that is what you are thinking. Maybe we're not talking about the same scene.

Okay, that's nice, but it still takes strength to do that. Are you telling me an average person can sweep like that?

No, it doesn't fall apart. I menioned ways for Ayane to deal with weapons. Teleporting, countering etc. Ayane's victory just further strengthens the fact the Ayane can effectively deal with weapons.

And, how is she going to counter an enemy with weapons?
Teleport, you mean like Taki can?

Sandai Kitetsu

I've never stated Ayane as my favorite character as far as I know, but that's beside the point. I am pretty sure I said "a debatably mountain leveling blast" in that thread. Again, you act like you haven't hyped up something before....including things in this very thread.

First of all, I never denied hyping up things before, but I'm talking abot in this particular thread. You were exaggerating Kasumi just to make it seem that Ayane dealing with Kasumi who is on a higher level than Taki makes more than capable of defeating Taki. I haven't exaggerated anything in this thread, and you never said "debatable moutain blasting".

You said Voldo was actually knocked down by Taki. You said Taki had a "powerful arsenal of ninpo" when in fact she has like one. In each game she does the same damn expanding field attack with a different pose before doing it.

Wow, I've said the samething's about Ayane's Ninpo's despite she has the same amount as Taki: Two.

While we're on Asuka vs Hitomi, may I also bring up your argument with Asuka jumping from the skyscraper? You brought up essentially the same point about leg strength/durability I am bringing up here. To me, your standpoint is illogical though. As you already know, I'm originally from the comic books vs. Past victories and losses count a lot unless there is much evidence to the contrary. It's the reason Champion will never be given a victory over anyone. For all his abilities, he fights like an idiot and he always loses. While Taki has wins, they're against noone who is actually established on any level near Ayane. If Taki was just blatantly Ayane's physical superior, then she could take it. Unfortunately, Ayane has most of the combat advantages and the win record. It's illogical to me for you to argue against that.

Do you understand concepts such as jobbing or "The Hero must always win"? Are you aware that by using your logic powerful characters would lose just because they've lost for the sake of story before? This isn't CBR, we do not debate with jobber aura's or PIS. With that said, how is it illogical to prefer advantage over win record when the later is subjecated to to "Main Chracter bias" half the time in fiction? How many times have we seen a powerful boss lose just for the sake of story? What's logical about that?

Maybe I was quick to say you you're hating on Ayane, but honestly look at this. What was I supposed to think when you revived these?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=437162&pagenumber=4

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t431460.html

Of course we can't forget about the very thread we're participating in right now. Maybe you're not hating, but it does seem like you went out of your way to express discontent with the young kunoichi.

What exactly did I say in spite of ayane in this thread:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=437162&pagenumber=4

And, as for this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=431460&pagenumber=1

I told S.prime that I was joking about those comments, and he told me that I was putting her in a bad light in Games versus. So, I agree'd to stop. Your beating a dead horse, mane. No one in this thread said anything negative about Ayane, but you insisted she was being underrated which is why I told you to stop whining. No one's bashed her in this thread or made her look weak. We just say she loses to Taki.

How "L33T" was I making it sound? I didn't say Ayane could just roll over Taki because of it. Like others you are confusing durability with invulnerability.

As for the Omega vid. The area under Ayane's very feet was clearly burned and the map was leveled. Either Omega blasted the place or he burned it. I don't see how you all can deny that.
I already addressed this with S.Prime. Tell me, if ayane was covered in fire at the begining of the bout. Why is it that as soon as the match starts the fire which was covering Ayane is gone and there's a clear wide open space with fire at the edge of the fight area? What happned to the fire that hit ayane, because when the match starts it's nowhere near her. Infact, if you look at the ending the only flame that's near Ayane is one which is most likely the remains of Genra. Said fire is standing in front of ayane, but around her you see no flame.

StyleTime
Yeah she can take mountain busting blasts but not a bullet.roll eyes (sarcastic)Also, one impressive victory Taki has is Cervantes I think.
Like I've pointed out many times before, it's not the same thing.

Wolverine takes shots from class 100s and can be penetrated by bullets.

It's not the same thing.

As for Taki vs Cervantes, yeah she beat him.....with help. Sophitia fought Cervantes and destroyed Soul Edge. Taki later jumped in on a weakened Cervantes after Sophitia was injured. Sophitia deserves the credit for that moreso than Taki.

Ayane doesn't need help with her fights.

Violent2Dope
Oh I forgot about the gay Sophie weakens him and Taki finishes him off thing, why does Namco always give the mid tiers BS that lets them beat the high tiers?

Sandai Kitetsu
The fire isn't even moutain busting.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>