Ghost Rider vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Benny G
In this fight who'd win?

VOTE NOW!

guy222
Originally posted by Benny G
In this fight who'd win?

VOTE NOW!

Big GR fan, Strange should win

Howard_Jones
This recently happened. GR won, but only because of the Spirit of Vengeance moving through him.

Galan007
Strange

norrinradd43
Ghost Rider beating Strange is PIS, even if he had Vengence in him

ExtraMision5555
by all means, that was a shameful moment in stephens life

Martian_mind
Indeed

Evangel94
Since this battle actually happened in continuity, I would have to go with Ghost Rider. If Ghost Rider can do it once, he can do it again.

Soljer
Originally posted by Evangel94
Since this battle actually happened in continuity, I would have to go with Ghost Rider. If Ghost Rider can do it once, he can do it again.

Uhhmmm...

This battle actually happened TWICE in continuity. Strange beat Ghost Rider, more or less, with a wave of his hand.

'If Strange can do it once, he can do it again.'

Besides, Strange losing to Ghost Rider was because Strange was totally unaware of Ghost Rider attacking him. Strange curbstomps the ol Flaming Skull. 10/10.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
Uhhmmm...

This battle actually happened TWICE in continuity. Strange beat Ghost Rider, more or less, with a wave of his hand.

Besides, Strange losing to Ghost Rider was because Strange was totally unaware of Ghost Rider attacking him. Strange curbstomps the ol Flaming Skull. 10/10.

thumb up

Evangel94

1. Current Portrayal takes priority over whatever previous incarnation you're citing especially if you're citing especially if you're citing "Classic" Dr. Strange. Just look at Dr. Strange's most current portrayal in "Illuminati #1". He's no longer the god-like figure you're making him out to be. He's been toned down by Marvel.

2. Don't mock me with word play.

3. "Totally unaware of Ghost Rider attacking him" is a pretty funny interpretation since Dr. Strange was fighting Ghost Rider head-on was fighting for 15 pages.

Perhaps you could tell me where exactly Dr. Strange was "unaware of fighting Ghost Rider". In fact, Dr. Strange is the one that confronts Ghost Rider head-on. Are you insinuating that Dr. Strange is blind? Perhaps during the whole ordeal of 15 pages of battle, Dr. Strange thought he was having tea with Santa and the easter bunny? I have the comic here, you tell me.

All that matters, is that at the end of the battle, Dr. Strange was wrapped up in chains and completely restrained, had his mouth gagged, and Ghost Rider was an inches away from Dr. Strange's face staring directly into his eyes with the penance stare.

Soljer
The only point of yours that matters is the first. Where, on panel, in the comics, has he received an official 'downgrade'?

Please, by all means, put the scans up!

If you can't seem to find them, then it would seem that Strange still makes time his *****, and can absorb infinite magical energies from the universe around him.

Evangel94
The only point of yours that matters is the first. Where, on panel, in the comics, has he received an official 'downgrade'?

Please, by all means, put the scans up!

If you can't seem to find them, then it would seem that Strange still makes time his *****, and can absorb infinite magical energies from the universe around him.

Who are you to say none of my points matter? That's a simple "cop-out" to avoid actually addressing anything I said. I'm not putting up scans just to get pulled into a "scan war" with you. If you're an avid reader of Dr. Strange, and have seen his portrayals throughout the years, then you should know he's been all over the place in terms of power. He's gone from universal manipulator to being unable to fend off simple physical attacks. He isn't as powerful today as he's been during Marvel's "Silver" or "Bronze Age".

Ghost Rider v3 #3 and Illuminati #1 are the most current depictions of Dr. Strange, and with those most current portrayals, it doesn't even nearly put him at the "God-level" character you're making him out to be.

Until you actually logically address the points I said two posts above, then my all my points still stand. There's no need for me to repeat anything again and again.

King KAM
Who are you to say none of my points matter? That's a simple "cop-out" to avoid actually addressing anything I said. I'm not putting up scans just to get pulled into a "scan war" with you. If you're an avid reader of Dr. Strange, and have seen his portrayals throughout the years, then you should know he's been all over the place in terms of power. He's gone from universal manipulator to being unable to fend off simple physical attacks. He isn't as powerful today as he's been during Marvel's "Silver" or "Bronze Age".

Ghost Rider v3 #3 and Illuminati #1 are the most current depictions of Dr. Strange, and with those most current portrayals, it doesn't even nearly put him at the "God-level" character you're making him out to be.

Until you actually logically address the points I said two posts above, then my all my points still stand. There's no need for me to repeat anything again and again. because its not his own book. but strange has never been depowered officially, and i dont think he ever will.

Current fights dont mean shit, they are 1-and 1. Ghost Rider got one Strange got one. But Strange tends to be a little higher than GR on the FEAT scale, so im going to have to give the fight to DR considering GR has shown nothing close to Stranges power.

and Firelord lost to spiderman.....we gonna count that too?

Soljer

Until you actually logically address the points I said two posts above, then my all my points still stand. There's no need for me to repeat anything again and again.

Considering one of your points was "Don't mock me"....

That hardly pertains to the topic, hm?

Your other one, about Strange being totally aware...well...post the very last pages of the fight. Ghost Rider caught Strange by surprise for the win.

Also, I'm assuming you can't find the scan that says "Doctor Strange loses ninety eight percent of his power," hm?

Evangel94
Originally posted by King KAM
because its not his own book. but strange has never been depowered officially, and i dont think he ever will.

Current fights dont mean shit, they are 1-and 1. Ghost Rider got one Strange got one. But Strange tends to be a little higher than GR on the FEAT scale, so im going to have to give the fight to DR considering GR has shown nothing close to Stranges power.

and Firelord lost to spiderman.....we gonna count that too?

Wait, so you're saying that since Dr. Strange hasn't had his own book since 1996, that we should totally ignore anything he's done since then because all his appearances have taken place in other books in which Dr. Strange is not the main character?

King KAM
Wait, so you're saying that since Dr. Strange hasn't had his own book since 1996, that we should totally ignore anything he's done since then because all his appearances have taken place in other books in which Dr. Strange is not the main character? nope im saying, that ALL Dr.Stranges feats should be used. and he has alot more high ones than low ones.

Beta Ray Howard
How can you not be aware of a six foot flaming skeleton with chains smacking you around. He didn't just fight Strange. He took some of his higher spells and still got up, and hit him with the Penance Stare. It seems like Blaze is gonna get a powerup. He already can traverse between Hell and Earth, but hasn't learned how to control it yet.

Evangel94
Considering one of your points was "Don't mock me"....

That hardly pertains to the topic, hm?

Either drop it or apologize to me. It seems highly hypocritical for you to continually bring it up, if you think it's in violation of the forum rules. You, yourself would be "off-topic" and would be violating the own rule you're trying to use to justify yourself.

Your other one, about Strange being totally aware...well...post the very last pages of the fight. Ghost Rider caught Strange by surprise for the win.

Also, I'm assuming you can't find the scan that says "Doctor Strange loses ninety eight percent of his power," hm?

Yeah, exactly. Dr. Strange was "totally aware" of who he was fighting. What does Ghost Rider catching Dr. Strange by "surprise" have to do with anything? Dr. Strange let his guard down when he thought he finished Ghost Rider off. It was Dr. Strange's mistake.

It's simple and not that hard to accept. Based off current portrayals, Dr. Strange isn't as powerful as he was before, and got overpowered by Ghost Rider.

Soljer
Either drop it or apologize to me. It seems highly hypocritical for you to continually bring it up, if you think it's in violation of the forum rules. You, yourself would be "off-topic" and would be violating the own rule you're trying to use to justify yourself.

Continually bring what up? I'm really confused by this first paragraph, to be quite honest. erm. I don't see where I tried to attack you, or....insult you, or do anything to apolgize for. What happened, what did I miss?
Yeah, exactly. Dr. Strange was "totally aware" of who he was fighting. What does Ghost Rider catching Dr. Strange by "surprise" have to do with anything? Dr. Strange let his guard down when he thought he finished Ghost Rider off. It was Dr. Strange's mistake.

It's simple and not that hard to accept. Based off current portrayals, Dr. Strange isn't as powerful as he was before, and got overpowered by Ghost Rider.

Doctor Strange let his guard down for the sake of the plot. What is it called when things happen for the sake of the plot? confused

Magneto CAN be stabbed and killed by Wolverine if Wolverine catches Magneto unaware and without a shield up.

Does that mean that Wolverine would take Magneto in a forum battle? Absolutely not.

Strange will be fighting to the best of his ability here, and that means he won't be making a stupid mistake like letting all of his guards down against a foe as great as Ghost Rider.

Evangel94
nope im saying, that ALL Dr.Stranges feats should be used. and he has alot more high ones than low ones.

I'm not saying that we should ignore what Dr. Strange has done in the past. I'm saying that, if were using current portrayals of Dr. Strange, then we should notice that he isn't as powerful today as than how he's been portrayed in the past.

After all, he hasn't had a book and ten years. A lot can happen to a character in ten years. Perhaps he's been depowered "off-panel" by Marvel Editorial. The only current feats (aside from older comics) we have to judge him with is his current portrayals.

King KAM
Continually bring what up? I'm really confused by this first paragraph, to be quite honest. erm. I don't see where I tried to attack you, or....insult you, or do anything to apolgize for. What happened, what did I miss?

Doctor Strange let his guard down for the sake of the plot. What is it called when things happen for the sake of the plot? confused

Magneto CAN be stabbed and killed by Wolverine if Wolverine catches Magneto unaware and without a shield up.

Does that mean that Wolverine would take Magneto in a forum battle? Absolutely not.

Strange will be fighting to the best of his ability here, and that means he won't be making a stupid mistake like letting all of his guards down against a foe as great as Ghost Rider. exactly. If both perform at full ability, than Strange wins 10/10

King KAM
I'm not saying that we should ignore what Dr. Strange has done in the past. I'm saying that, if were using current portrayals of Dr. Strange, then we should notice that he isn't as powerful as he's been portrayed in the past.

After all, he hasn't had a book and ten years. A lot can happen to a character in ten years. Perhaps he's been depowered "off-panel" by Marvel Editorial. The only current feats (aside from older comics) we have to judge him with is his current portrayals. strange tends to only do crazy things, in his comics....because when he is featured, most of the times the featured writer doesnt know how to write strange

Soljer
strange tends to only do crazy things, in his comics....because when he is featured, most of the times the featured writer doesnt know how to write strange

Exactly, how can Strange be written to his full potential around people like Reed and Namor?

When Strange is the most powerful Sorcerer in the Dimension? He has to be downplayed. If he doesn't, the other characters just pale in comparison.

Evangel94
strange tends to only do crazy things, in his comics....because when he is featured, most of the times the featured writer doesnt know how to write strange

This borders more on criticism, than actual on point facts.

We are not qualified to judge what the writer "knows" or "doesn't know". We have no idea what information a writer has access to when writing for Marvel.

King KAM
This borders more on criticism, than actual on point facts.

We are not qualified to judge what the writer "knows" or "doesn't know". We have no idea what information a writer has access to when writing for Marvel.
fact of the matter is, Strange has more high end feats, that make GR look like dirt. Not rare feats, but like a whole respect thread full of them. If they both come in at the top of their game, Strange wins. point blank and simple. Feats show it.

Evangel94
fact of the matter is, Strange has more high end feats, that make GR look like dirt. Not rare feats, but like a whole respect thread full of them. If they both come in at the top of their game, Strange wins. point blank and simple. Feats show it.

Wait, are you using "Classic" Dr. Strange with all his universal manipulating powers, or the more currently depicted "depowered" version? I mean, unless it's otherwise specified by the thread creator, shouldn't we assume to the current version?

The forum rules state:
"In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). "

long pig
Strange beat GR with a gesture. He ripped his soul out of his body and that was that. Strange k.o'd him with a mental assault. Strange friggin' stole his hellfire and turned it back on him. Strange nearly killed GR with a small blast that left GR in so much agony that he was weeping.

Strange also took a penance stare and didn't even go down for a second. He said it was scary, but he said he's seen worse.

Now, could GR take Strange's version of the PS(the same type he took Galactus out with)? I would say no.

Classic Strange would beat GR in seconds.

long pig
So true.
For the entire first Defender's 180 issue run, the writers said they simply considered him as a superhero who shot blasts from his hands.

In Strange's comic, he was a multiversal being of cosmic power who reigned supreme over an entire universe.

ExtraMision5555

Somewhat off subject and i am saying this with all due respect and no hostility, but Soljer was not intentionally insulting you. I was a bit confused at first when you got uptset but now I can see where you thougth he was being mean, (in repeating your quote) but from reading it in its context, he was just being analagous (sp?) if thats even a word? Rather, using the same formula to illulstrate his point. Anyways, i hate to see this thread deteriorate, but i just wanted to say that.

madd typos

guy222
Blaze

id369

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.