Loki and Balder vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins? The gods of Asgard, or the noble surfer of the cosmos?

SpunkySmurph
Well, Surfer's never done great against magic.

But, hey, if Apoc can do it...

Symmetric Chaos
Does Surfer get a spear made of mistletoe?

But seriously, how powerful is Balder?

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Does Surfer get a spear made of mistletoe?

But seriously, how powerful is Balder?

Loki/Balder the Brave ftw

DigiMark007
Loki stalemated Surfer on his own once. Yeah, I know, it doesn't mkae a ton of sense....but it happened.

The gods take it, much as I love Surfer (and he'd win either one in a regular match).

King_Mungi
Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic, way back when in Silver Surfer #12 even people not even half the power of Loki were manipulating him.

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic

Surfer has pretty good showings against magical people.

bigbran
Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic, way back when in Silver Surfer #12 even people not even half the power of Loki were manipulating him. And yet... a weakened Surfer took out Loki...
Afazing...

Also, all they did was take in Surfer when he got KOed by running into Galactus's shield, and then they put him to sleep with a spell.
When he woke up he pawned them, and then pawned Abomination...
no expression while he was weakened.

UniOmni
This is basically Loki vs Surfer.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by bigbran
And yet... a weakened Surfer took out Loki...
Afazing...

Also, all they did was take in Surfer when he got KOed by running into Galactus's shield, and then they put him to sleep with a spell.
When he woke up he pawned them, and then pawned Abomination...
no expression while he was weakened.

PIS, as that contradicts what is shown many times befoe then. Even Galactus has admitted to a weakness to magic. Unless you think they are immune to magic now?

Surfer even admited he was back in full strength when they brought him in and a simple spell from this low and I mean low level mystical users took him out. Actually no he didn't own them at all, he saved one who nearly got killed by Abomination and yes SS owned Abomination and he was weakened due to bringing the man back from near death. Abomination isn't magical and moot point now isn't it? They actually summoned him and the plan backfired on them. That wasn't Surfer's doing.

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, Surfer's never done great against magic.

But, hey, if Apoc can do it...

Apoc did nothing that scan has been taken out of context. This is the problem with using Respect threads as references.

UniOmni
Galactus never said he was weak to magic.

He said he can't understand magic, or something along those lines.

He's beaten plenty of people who use highpowered magic before.

Soujaboy
Surfer 7/10

King_Mungi
Originally posted by UniOmni
Galactus never said he was weak to magic.

He said he can't understand magic, or something along those lines.

He's beaten plenty of people who use highpowered magic before.

No he directly stated he had a weakness, as it's not like the fundamentals of the universe. I will see if I can pull up the scans.

bigbran
PIS, as that contradicts what is shown many times befoe then. Even Galactus has admitted to a weakness to magic. Unless you think they are immune to magic now?

Surfer even admited he was back in full strength when they brought him in and a simple spell from this low and I mean low level mystical users took him out. Actually no he didn't own them at all, he saved one who nearly got killed by Abomination and yes SS owned Abomination and he was weakened due to bringing the man back from near death. Abomination isn't magical and moot point now isn't it? They actually summoned him and the plan backfired on them. That wasn't Surfer's doing. Umm... Surfer has never been weak to magic. Hell, he has even done things to impress Odin, by manipulating magic...

Galactus said he doesn't understand magic, he never said he was weak to it.
Unless this was shown after he KOed Dr Strange, and stalemated Agamotto...

They gave him something to drink, and it KOed him. You ever think this is pis? I mean, before this, Surfer was trapping Thor's hammer, and overpowering Loki...

OK, I was wrong, when Surfer was extremely weakened, he healed the Warlock Prime.
Then he went on to own Abomination...
Also, Abomination was still at Hulk's level, weakened or not, and Surfer was EXTREMELY weakened.

King_Mungi
Umm... Surfer has never been weak to magic. Hell, he has even done things to impress Odin, by manipulating magic...

Galactus said he doesn't understand magic, he never said he was weak to it.
Unless this was shown after he KOed Dr Strange, and stalemated Agamotto...

They gave him something to drink, and it KOed him. You ever think this is pis? I mean, before this, Surfer was trapping Thor's hammer, and overpowering Loki...

OK, I was wrong, when Surfer was extremely weakened, he healed the Warlock Prime.
Then he went on to own Abomination...
Also, Abomination was still at Hulk's level, weakened or not, and Surfer was EXTREMELY weakened.

Wait...he manipulated Odin's magic? Errr?

Seperate occasion said in a mini when he made a guest apperance.

Hardly, as magic is completly seperate to the power cosmic. Hell even Ghost Rider has used Thor's hammer to his advantage. So meh! Wrecker has overpowered Loki and Thor at times..meh!

Moot point as I said as Abomination isn't magical just a brute who can't even fly or do anything.

bigbran
Wait...he manipulated Odin's magic? Errr?

Seperate occasion said in a mini when he made a guest apperance.

Hardly, as magic is completly seperate to the power cosmic. Hell even Ghost Rider has used Thor's hammer to his advantage. So meh! Wrecker has overpowered Loki and Thor at times..meh!

Moot point as I said as Abomination isn't magical just a brute who can't even fly or do anything. Beta's... I'll look for the comic though...
Oh, and Surfer has also beaten and fought with Mephisto...

So... how did he stalemate Agamotto then? Probably the top magic user in Marvel...

Umm... Ghost Rider is magic...
Don't recall Wrecker ever doing this to Loki... Also, Wrecker is magic also...
Silver Surfer supposedly has a weakness to magic, and yet, he does things that go against this.

I know... just saying what Surfer can do... and since Balder is here...

Symmetric Chaos
What can Baldur actually do?

UniOmni
Surfer synthesized the Odinpower when he healed BRB in an old comic.

King_Mungi
Beta's... I'll look for the comic though...
Oh, and Surfer has also beaten and fought with Mephisto...

So... how did he stalemate Agamotto then? Probably the top magic user in Marvel...

Umm... Ghost Rider is magic...
Don't recall Wrecker ever doing this to Loki... Also, Wrecker is magic also...
Silver Surfer supposedly has a weakness to magic, and yet, he does things that go against this.

I know... just saying what Surfer can do... and since Balder is here...

No worries I believe you

Mephisto has also beat the Surfer, and Mephisto showed he can be a match for Galactus. Marvel needs to be more consistent.

There are actually higher magical users than him, even Mephisto was breifly getting the best of him and I wouldn't put him on Agamotto's level

Low-level magic, heck even a car hitting Thor has winded him, and Silver Surfer got ko'ed by a brick...bullshit I know. It happened right before Loki tried to steal back their powers. Wrecker was shrugging of blows from Ulik and Thor.

Understandable

bigbran
No worries I believe you

Mephisto has also beat the Surfer, and Mephisto showed he can be a match for Galactus. Marvel needs to be more consistent.

There are actually higher magical users than him, even Mephisto was breifly getting the best of him and I wouldn't put him on Agamotto's level

Low-level magic, heck even a car hitting Thor has winded him, and Silver Surfer got ko'ed by a brick...bullshit I know. It happened right before Loki tried to steal back their powers. Wrecker was shrugging of blows from Ulik and Thor.

Understandable Good... because I can't find the comic... embarrasment
Still looking though...

Mephisto beat Surfer in the same comic Galactus did this... Mephisto is quite an inconsistent character...
Also, another showing where Galactus topped a magic user.

I'm talking about the magic residing in Thor's hammer, not Thor.
Plus, bricks aren't magic.

Issue?

King_Mungi
Good... because I can't find the comic... embarrasment
Still looking though...

Mephisto beat Surfer in the same comic Galactus did this... Mephisto is quite an inconsistent character...
Also, another showing where Galactus topped a magic user.

I'm talking about the magic residing in Thor's hammer, not Thor.
Plus, bricks aren't magic.

Issue?

Mephisto got beat even by Black Panther, bah!

He's inconsistent, but he isn't top level magic.

As was I with my Ghost Rider example.

That's what I said earlier when you mentioned Abomination

Around Thor #340 I believe, just before the Wrecking Crew got banished to the dimension by Loki as he tried to steal their power.

bigbran
Mephisto got beat even by Black Panther, bah!

He's inconsistent, but he isn't top level magic.

As was I with my Ghost Rider example.

That's what I said earlier when you mentioned Abomination

Around Thor #340 I believe, just before the Wrecking Crew got banished to the dimension by Loki as he tried to steal their power. That was because he had prep, and he blocked out his powers...

He's still up there. He has sent Doom and Strange away like they were nothing.

I'll look.

tkitna
Is Loki going to use Balders dead carcass as a shield? If not, i'm not sure why he's even mentioned.

I'll take the Surfer 8/10

King_Mungi
That was because he had prep, and he blocked out his powers...

He's still up there. He has sent Doom and Strange away like they were nothing.

I'll look.

Still Black Panther? bah!

Yes he is, but not the highest.

Priest
Surfer 6/10

Soljer
Surfer, 8/10.

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer
Surfer, 8/10.

Loki/Balder get some wins

Mindship
Without going into the history of the Surfer's power downgrade in the year or so prior to his fighting Loki (because I've posted the history of his power loss so many times already), may I kindly remind everyone that the Surfer was at a fraction of his former power level when he fought Loki...and he still stalemated him.

If Surfer was still at that power level, I would give this match to the gods. But since Surfer seems to be in top-notch form these days (as far as I can tell), I say he wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mindship
Without going into the history of the Surfer's power downgrade in the year or so prior to his fighting Loki (because I've posted the history of his power loss so many times already), may I kindly remind everyone that the Surfer was at a fraction of his former power level when he fought Loki...and he still stalemated him.

If Surfer was still at that power level, I would give this match to the gods. But since Surfer seems to be in top-notch form these days (as far as I can tell), I say he wins.

Top notch form?

His latest two showings have been A) plot device (big crunch) and B)EMBARRASSING (the fantastic four).

no expression.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.