Voldemort vs. Darth Vader...a serious discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
First and foremost, I'm attempting to have a serious discussion on this topic. I came to the Star Wars boards because I want to hear a legitimate argument for why Darth Vader would beat Lord Voldemort in a fair fight (i.e. Voldemort not being immortal while his horcruxes exist).

Secondly, I want to stay STRICTLY TO CANON. For Star Wars, this is only the six films, and not the expanded universe; for Harry Potter, this is the book series. So anyone who has not read all of the HP books should not take part in this discussion, as someone who hasn't seen all 6 SW films should abstain as well.

Last, I am not necessarily arguing for Voldemort. I am playing devil's advocate because I'm sure the majority opinion will be Darth Vader wins.

AstroFan
I love how you put "serious discussion" in the title. laughing out loud

lionlover2053
Having said all that, one-on-one how will Darth Vader defeat Voldemort?

(1) I've heard the force choke arguement. What people don't seem to understand is that Voldemort can--and does--issue spells (including the one-hit killing curse) non-verbally, so a force choke wouldn't stop him long enough to prevent him from sending a one-hit killing curse at Vader. Also, Voldemort is not someone who could simply be force choked with ease.

(2) I've heard that Vader will slice him in half with his lightsaber, end of story. No. Both Voldemort and Vader are capable of disarming their opponent. For example, Vader can use the force to take away Voldemort's wand...but Voldemort doesn't need his wand to summon Vader's lightsaber away from him.

(3) I've heard Vader can use Force Lighting to win. This is certainly a viable option, but is Vader's lightning really that powerful like Sideous's or Yoda's? Why then didn't Vader (unless I've forgotten a part, and tell me if I did) use force lightning in the movies? In any case, Voldemort can Apparate and Disapparate in an instant...otherwise he'd have been finished at the end of Book 5. I just don't see how force lightning could land a single blow against him considering he can vanish and reappear wherever he wants in an instant. Another counter to this argument here is that Voldemort has used magic to instantaneously conjur a magic shield out of thin air to block an extremely powerful spell--and he did it with ease.

All I'm looking for is for a true SW fan who has also read the HP books to convince me that Vader would win. But I honestly haven't seen anything in the CANON movies that lead me to believe that Voldemort couldn't beat him.

lionlover2053
I am serious and you didn't make any kind of legitimate argument against Voldemort. Again, I just want someone who knows a lot about SW to explain to me why Vader would win, because I just don't see it.

MasterAshenVor
Vader dident use lighting because it would blow a fuse in his suit as you can say

lionlover2053
So then, if you're serious, Vader would be even LESS potent against Voldemort than I first thought? Not looking so good for him...

Schecter
THIS IS A SERIOUS DISCUSSION!!!

lol fail and close

Violent2Dope
One Avada Kedavra and Vader dies. Oh, and this thread is against the rules

lionlover2053
Originally posted by Schecter
THIS IS A SERIOUS DISCUSSION!!!

lol fail and close

Yes, it should be...and you have yet to make a convincing arguement. There has to be a good one from a SW fan who knows a lot about the ways of the force, but I am still waiting for that arguement by that SW fan.

lionlover2053
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
One Avada Kedavra and Vader dies. Oh, and this thread is against the rules

It appears so far that one AK would simply finish off Vader lol. And my bad about the thread...but why is it against the rules?

Violent2Dope
It's on the wrong forum...matter of fact there is no right forum for this thread lol.

lionlover2053
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
It's on the wrong forum...matter of fact there is no right forum for this thread lol.

Well then, if there is no proper forum, then I would like to have this thread go unreported...I mean no harm. I just really want to hear a good arguement by a true SW fan as to how Darth Vader can honestly beat Lord Voldemort based on their CANON characters. That's all.

Violent2Dope
He can't. I've read all HP books cept the 6th and I've seen all the movies, Vader loses.

Tangible God
queeq's gonna close this soon as he sees it.

And Vader's screwed against Morty.

Alliance
This is a serious discussion using only canon about SW vs a POTTER character? Got to be kidding.

QUEEQ. THIS IS EU. CLOSE.

exanda kane
*Blows Horn*

Queeq!

Ushgarak
Really,. just... no.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.