KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Voldemort vs. Darth Vader...a serious discussion.

Voldemort vs. Darth Vader...a serious discussion.
Started by: lionlover2053

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionlover2053

Voldemort vs. Darth Vader...a serious discussion.

First and foremost, I'm attempting to have a serious discussion on this topic. I came to the Star Wars boards because I want to hear a legitimate argument for why Darth Vader would beat Lord Voldemort in a fair fight (i.e. Voldemort not being immortal while his horcruxes exist).

Secondly, I want to stay STRICTLY TO CANON. For Star Wars, this is only the six films, and not the expanded universe; for Harry Potter, this is the book series. So anyone who has not read all of the HP books should not take part in this discussion, as someone who hasn't seen all 6 SW films should abstain as well.

Last, I am not necessarily arguing for Voldemort. I am playing devil's advocate because I'm sure the majority opinion will be Darth Vader wins.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:46 AM
Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I love how you put "serious discussion" in the title. laughing out loud

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:51 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

Having said all that, one-on-one how will Darth Vader defeat Voldemort?

(1) I've heard the force choke arguement. What people don't seem to understand is that Voldemort can--and does--issue spells (including the one-hit killing curse) non-verbally, so a force choke wouldn't stop him long enough to prevent him from sending a one-hit killing curse at Vader. Also, Voldemort is not someone who could simply be force choked with ease.

(2) I've heard that Vader will slice him in half with his lightsaber, end of story. No. Both Voldemort and Vader are capable of disarming their opponent. For example, Vader can use the force to take away Voldemort's wand...but Voldemort doesn't need his wand to summon Vader's lightsaber away from him.

(3) I've heard Vader can use Force Lighting to win. This is certainly a viable option, but is Vader's lightning really that powerful like Sideous's or Yoda's? Why then didn't Vader (unless I've forgotten a part, and tell me if I did) use force lightning in the movies? In any case, Voldemort can Apparate and Disapparate in an instant...otherwise he'd have been finished at the end of Book 5. I just don't see how force lightning could land a single blow against him considering he can vanish and reappear wherever he wants in an instant. Another counter to this argument here is that Voldemort has used magic to instantaneously conjur a magic shield out of thin air to block an extremely powerful spell--and he did it with ease.

All I'm looking for is for a true SW fan who has also read the HP books to convince me that Vader would win. But I honestly haven't seen anything in the CANON movies that lead me to believe that Voldemort couldn't beat him.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:00 AM
Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

I am serious and you didn't make any kind of legitimate argument against Voldemort. Again, I just want someone who knows a lot about SW to explain to me why Vader would win, because I just don't see it.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:06 AM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Vader dident use lighting because it would blow a fuse in his suit as you can say

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:07 AM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

So then, if you're serious, Vader would be even LESS potent against Voldemort than I first thought? Not looking so good for him...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:11 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

THIS IS A SERIOUS DISCUSSION!!!

lol fail and close

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

One Avada Kedavra and Vader dies. Oh, and this thread is against the rules

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
THIS IS A SERIOUS DISCUSSION!!!

lol fail and close

Yes, it should be...and you have yet to make a convincing arguement. There has to be a good one from a SW fan who knows a lot about the ways of the force, but I am still waiting for that arguement by that SW fan.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:45 AM
lionlover2053

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
One Avada Kedavra and Vader dies. Oh, and this thread is against the rules

It appears so far that one AK would simply finish off Vader lol. And my bad about the thread...but why is it against the rules?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:49 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's on the wrong forum...matter of fact there is no right forum for this thread lol.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
It's on the wrong forum...matter of fact there is no right forum for this thread lol.

Well then, if there is no proper forum, then I would like to have this thread go unreported...I mean no harm. I just really want to hear a good arguement by a true SW fan as to how Darth Vader can honestly beat Lord Voldemort based on their CANON characters. That's all.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 04:06 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can't. I've read all HP books cept the 6th and I've seen all the movies, Vader loses.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:14 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

queeq's gonna close this soon as he sees it.

And Vader's screwed against Morty.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

This is a serious discussion using only canon about SW vs a POTTER character? Got to be kidding.

QUEEQ. THIS IS EU. CLOSE.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

*Blows Horn*

Queeq!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 10:55 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Really,. just... no.

Closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 11:14 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote