Iori Yagami Vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Okay, fight takes place on the Tri-Towers.

Superboy Prime
Nice matchup.

IMO this is a better matchup than Kyo vs Hayabusa because of Iori's Raw Power.

Iori's style is unorthodox...and those nails of his can clearly cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the whole Orochi riot thing.

Hmm...Problem is I don't know a lot about Iori. So if anyone wants to indulge me feel free to do so.

Main questions are:

1) How's Iori's combat speed? Feats would be nice.
2) Does he have a way to stop Hayabusa from teleporting?
3) Has he ever fought someone like Hayabusa? I don't mean as strong or as powerful, someone as well rounded as Hayabusa.

FortressXRuler
*answering qusetion #3*:Well, seeing how probably hasen't faced someone like Hayabusa, he's going to have a bad problem

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Nice matchup.

IMO this is a better matchup than Kyo vs Hayabusa because of Iori's Raw Power.

Iori's style is unorthodox...and those nails of his can clearly cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the whole Orochi riot thing.

Hmm...Problem is I don't know a lot about Iori. So if anyone wants to indulge me feel free to do so.

Main questions are:

1) How's Iori's combat speed? Feats would be nice.
2) Does he have a way to stop Hayabusa from teleporting?
3) Has he ever fought someone like Hayabusa? I don't mean as strong or as powerful, someone as well rounded as Hayabusa.

1) Pretty quick, but I don't think it's comparable for the most part with hayabusa's.

2) He could paralyze him with flames or knock him out before he uses it.
Hayabusa's Teleportation has a noticeble start up time. He might be able to catch Iori a few times with the Teleport, but he can't press an advantage with it. It's not as quick as kasumi's for it to be used that way.

3) Probably the four divine Kings, but I'm not to sure.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
1) Pretty quick, but I don't think it's comparable for the most part with hayabusa's.

2) He could paralyze him with flames or knock him out before he uses it.
Hayabusa's Teleportation has a noticeble start up time. He might be able to catch Iori a few times with the Teleport, but he can't press an advantage with it. It's not as quick as kasumi's for it to be used that way.

3) Probably the four divine Kings, but I'm not to sure.

Aye.

About the teleportation...he has different versions. In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time, but in NG we see him teleport without performing any of the handsigns etc.

In any case I don't think the teleportation will guarantee Hayabusa the win.

As far as I'm concerned Iori is a powerhouse and can probably go at it for a long time.

Sad thing is I predict Sado will run in and start over rating Iori to Darkstalker levels while making Hayabusa look like Dan Hibiki.

On a second note I wonder what brainchild's thoughts on this would be.

Emperor Ashtar
Aye.

About the teleportation...he has different versions. In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time, but in NG we see him teleport without performing any of the handsigns etc.

I don't remeber Hayabusa teleporting in-game.

As far as I'm concerned Iori is a powerhouse and can probably go at it for a long while.

Sad thing is I predict Sado will run in and start over rating Iori to Darkstalker levels while making Hayabusa look like Dan Hibiki. laughing

Superboy Prime
I don't remeber Hayabusa teleporting in-game.

In Dead or Alive 4 Hayabusa can teleport as part of his gameplay moves.

During the 2nd & 3rd round the classic NG Hayabusa starts spamming a couple of teleports to win the match(noobie players)TmGTaN6fy0o

He teleports during the Izuna Dropuuh9o8B5YsM

Emperor Ashtar
In Dead or Alive 4 Hayabusa can teleport as part of his gameplay moves.

During the 2nd & 3rd round the classic NG Hayabusa starts spamming a couple of teleports to win the match(noobie players)TmGTaN6fy0o

All those teleports had a start up.

He teleports during the Izuna Dropuuh9o8B5YsM

Yeah, but the opponent is off gaurd during Inzuna drop, plus it's part of a multiple move assualt. I'm thinking about teleportation on par with Night Crawler.

Superboy Prime
All those teleports had a start up.

Aye.
In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time

Yeah, but the opponent is off gaurd during Inzuna drop, plus it's part of a multiple move assualt. I'm thinking about teleportation on par with Night Crawler.

About the Nightcrawler style teleportation I gotta give that to you. His teleportation is no where near Nightcrawler's.

Edit: Although I think he can instantly teleport when you counter your way out of getting hit by a car in DOA4. Unfortunately I don't have the copy of DOA4 with me at the moment, and I doubt I'll find that particular instance on youtube.

Emperor Ashtar
It's good to see that Teleporters get respect on this forum, because they get slept on hard everywhere else. I hate the fact that certain Speed-sters can blitz teleporters. Also, I hate speedsters that operate FTL on all levels I.E. FTL reaction, FTL traveling speed, FTL fighting speed, and FTL blitzing.

SteelEagle
Ninjabusa defeats Emogami here. wink

Superboy Prime
It's good to see that Teleporters get respect on this forum, because they get slept on hard everywhere else. I hate the fact that certain Speed-sters can blitz teleporters. Also, I hate speedsters that operate FTL on all levels I.E. FTL reaction, FTL traveling speed, FTL fighting speed, and FTL blitzing.

Agreed. Which is why I like Zoom. He is not a speedster(time manipulation) and he gets to beat their asses--with the exception of Speed Force Bart.

Kind of makes one wonder what would happen if a speedster is to fight a teleporter with FTL reflexes and reaction time.

Emperor Ashtar
Agreed. Which is why I like Zoom. He is not a speedster(time manipulation) and he gets to beat their asses--with the exception of Speed Force Bart.

Yeah, too bad he still loses to speedsters like flash.

Kind of makes one wonder what would happen if a speedster is to fight a teleporter with FTL reflexes and reaction time.

If it's a DC speedster, they would win with some plot device.

Superboy Prime
I am worried for Iori...brainchild was in the forum for quite a while...and Iori didn't get any support from him.

Things are looking sour for Yagami.

StyleTime
I give it to Hayabusa.

You guys already brought up why. Mainly teleporting. Teleporting gives the DOA ninja an edge that most top tiers from other fighting games don't have. It's a large part of why I generally give Ayane, Kasumi, and Hayabusa at least a 6/10 over their peers from other games.

lightness
teleporting gives ryu a small advantage. athena, k', angel, etc can teleport and iori's stronger than all of them.

Sado22
Iori has pretty good speed. feats? err...he's pretty good at all sports confused

he can hold him and choke the crap out of him like he did with Geonitz and Orochi. teleportation isn't really something new for Iori and as this guy pointed out, Ryu's teleportation takes long time...while Geonitz and Orochi could do it almost instantly. so i don't think teleportation matters.

he's fought Terry, K', Kyo, Ryo, Geonitz, Igniz, Billy and Eiji together, Vice and Mature together, and the whole cast of KoF97 while weakened.
that enough?

....i'm so gonna spam your PM section with Jin pictures! mad

~Sado

Superboy Prime
Welcome aboard, Sado.

Always a pleasure to debate with you. *Acts all polite to avoid getting Jin pics*

I knew you would bring the roster owning...Who has not owned a KOF roster these days? Exactly. Besides...wasn't that Iori under the influence of the Orochi blood? If that is the case we are not discussing that version of Iori. And then...Iori gets cheapshotted by Ash after taking on Kyo & Shingo. Something must be wrong...he owns an entire roster...and then gets owned after fighting Kyo &...Shingo.

This is just my humble opinion, and I am in no way an Iori master, but still:

Hayabusa has him beat in combat speed.
Strength & Power goes to Iori hands down.
Teleportation will still be a mess for Iori. How will he grab someone that is faster than him in combat?

Sado22
actually only Omega Rugal, Orochi Iori and Igniz have taken on the entire cast of KoF. Rugal was the only one who pwned it...and that was simply because Iori wasn't there.
Orochi Iori went down and so did Igniz.
Orochi Iori is also the weaker version of Iori. i know it sounds weird but that's how it is.

Ash is supposed to be a VERY powerful character. to the point that he is toying around with Kyo. he was even seen wrecking up South Town without much effort in KoFAd. this is hard to believe, and i for one HATE to admit it, but Ash may very well be the strongest of the flame users.
oh and a very crucial point is always overlooked:
Ash can teleport as well as absorb powers and in KoFXI he had the ability to seal power (the mirror stolen from Kagura). so brainless, tired and weaker version of Iori losing to a powerful, focused Ash with teleporation ablitiy and the power to SEAL someone's power...........its not too hard to believe that Iori went down.

i agree. i'm just pointing out that he has dealt with teleporters before....and dealt with them soundly. also i brought up instantaneous teleportation (GEonitz, Orochi, etc).

~Sado

Superboy Prime
I see your points, but even if Orochi Iori is a "weaker" version of him that feat still qualifies as Orochi Iori's and not regular Iori. IMO he managed to pull that off because he was out of control, and nothing more.

Usual Suspect
Finally, The Game VS Forums most powerful and most loved fighters, Iori and Ryu Hayabusa.

It's a tie though, in the end they both end up destroyin the universe

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Usual Suspect
Finally, The Game VS Forums most powerful and most loved fighters, Iori and Ryu Hayabusa.

It's a tie though, in the end they both end up destroyin the universe

To be honest I have no problem giving Iori and Hayabusa an even split against each other.

5/10 Hayabusa/Iori

Lazy MFer
So wait, you think Hayabusa, will beat Ryu, but draw with Iori...wow.

No wonder why I didn't give in like Triple Six and Who else? in Ryu VS Ryu Hayabusa debate.

And Iori has even lesser feats then Ryu.Originally posted by Usual Suspect

It's a tie though, in the end they both end up destroyin the universe laughing

lightness
iori has more feats than ryu. ryu hasn't won against any top tiers except bison after he was fighting others for a long time, and he didn't manage to kill him either.

iori's never been toyed with and still beaten easily at full strength like ryu against akuma/oro.

riot of blood seems to make iori more badass, powerful imo. i don't know how someone interpret it as weaker

Superboy Prime
Orochi Iori & Iori are different versions of the character. Taking that for granted Iori's feats do not >>>>>>>>>> Hayabusa.

Besides having more feats does not >>>>>>>>> Hayabusa.

Not to mention Hayabusa does have a shitload of feats too.

I agree with your comment about Orochi Iori being more powerful. He might not be in control of himself, but that's exactly why he is so dangerous under the influence of the blood.

Who else?
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
So wait, you think Hayabusa, will beat Ryu, but draw with Iori...wow.

No wonder why I didn't give in like Triple Six and Who else? in Ryu VS Ryu Hayabusa debate.

And Iori has even lesser feats then Ryu. laughing Yeah S.Prime, if you really think Iori and Haybusa is a draw. I'm gonna have to renege on my statement about Hayabusa beating Ryu in H2H.Originally posted by lightness
iori has more feats than ryu. ryu hasn't won against any top tiers except bison after he was fighting others for a long time, and he didn't manage to kill him either.

iori's never been toyed with and still beaten easily at full strength like ryu against akuma/oro.

riot of blood seems to make iori more badass, powerful imo. i don't know how someone interpret it as weaker But besides beating people up from his own game, what feats does he have that matches any of the Ryus.

Last time I checked

Iori couldn't slice ships in half, lift boulders, or dodge bullets.

Superboy Prime
Knew someone would bring that up. Feel free to bash me all you want. It's still my opinion. And besides unlike Ryu, Iori has actually done impressive stuff in the game by himself. He does not need an anime to back himself up in a fight. Not to mention the whole Ryu argument was broken because it simply relied on assumption and speculation. With Iori this is not the case.

Who else?
Knew someone would bring that up. Feel free to bash me all you want. It's still my opinion. And besides unlike Ryu, Iori has actually done impressive stuff in the game by himself. He does not need an anime to back himself up in a fight. Not to mention the whole Ryu argument was broken because it simply relied on assumption and speculation. With Iori this is not the case. What has he done that's impressive? Please don't say KOed a god.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Who else?
What has he done that's impressive? Please don't say KOed a god.

I am not Sado.

IMO his KOF 97 performance is impressive. Granted that was Orochi Iori, but it is still impressive none the less.

BTW I did not state it earlier, but I was being generous to Iori when I gave him the even split. I wanted to keep things cool until Brainchild decided to post in this thread.

BTW Lightness sorry for misenterpreting your post. I had not seen LazyMFer's edit. I agree with your statements. Gotta hate having characters with the same ****ing name.

Who else?
Wait, what did he do in 97?

Superboy Prime
He entered the tournament solo and it took the entire roster to subdue him by force. Afterwards he went berserk again and assaulted Orochi and thus giving Kyo the opportunity to Plot Device his way to victory.

Emperor Ashtar
He entered the tournamont solo and pretty much whooped ass left and right.
He always does that.

Sado22
hey, Orochi iori's powers decline steadily which is why he is a weaker version. on top of all that he isn't focused and simply rushes forward.

Iori on the other hand is a focused, intimidating fighter that mentally dominates the fight. Iori is a fighting genius.

and yet people saying Oro stalemating Akuma is a feat.

~Sado
P.S. superboy stop dredging up my name all the time.

Superboy Prime
He always does that.

Even more badass.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sado22
hey, Orochi iori's powers decline steadily which is why he is a weaker version. on top of all that he isn't focused and simply rushes forward.

Iori on the other hand is a focused, intimidating fighter that mentally dominates the fight. Iori is a fighting genius.

~Sado
P.S. superboy stop dredging up my name all the time.

I love you, buddy!

Emperor Ashtar

Because people do not trust SNK's feats. laughing

Sado22
love

Who else?
He entered the tournament solo and it took the entire roster to subdue him by force. Afterwards he went berserk again and assaulted Orochi and thus giving Kyo the opportunity to Plot Device his way to victory. Since we can start bringing up people beating people as true blue feats.

Ryu destroys Hayabusa with swords or not.

Cuz Ryu beat Bison with ONE Shoryuken and Bison soloed the cast, INCLUDING Ryu at one point, then his Psycho Power is so great that it can destroy cities.

Lets not forget the Ryu is stronger then Alpha 2 Akuma and he can sink islands with normal punches.

Ryu's "Godtier" now. laughing

Superboy Prime
Since we can start bringing up people beating people as true blue feats.

Cuz Ryu beat Bison with ONE Shoryuken and Bison soloed the cast, INCLUDING Ryu at one point, then his Psycho Power is so great that it can destroy cities.

Lets not forget the Ryu is stronger then Alpha 2 Akuma and he can sink islands with normal punches.

Half-assed post = no win for Ryu

I always take people beating people as feats. However what I do not tolerate is over rating a feat just to make it look better.

Ryu simply shoryukened a Bison that had already fought the dolls, Sagat, Ken & Sakura. In no way does that equate to Ryu >>> SFA3 Bison.

Stop trying too hard to make me look bad. You're making youself look stupid in the process.

Emperor Ashtar
Since we can start bringing up people beating people as true blue feats.

laughing That's exactly the reason I distain that type of logic.

Ryu simply shoryukened a Bison that had already fought the dolls, Sagat, Ken & Sakura.
No, he fought the dolls after and killed most of them. Besides, bison could never be fatigued with the Psych9o Drive, hence CIS.

Who else?
Half-assed post = no win for Ryu

I always take people beating people as feats. However what I do not tolerate is over rating a feat just to make it look better.

Ryu simply shoryukened a Bison that had already fought the dolls, Sagat, Ken & Sakura. So what, that didn't weaken him. Since Ryu can take Bison out in a single Shoryuken, that means he can take on, no wait, I mean BEAT the cast of SFA3.

Can Haybusa do that?

In fact, this means Ryu is actually stronger then Akuma.

Emperor Ashtar
Hayabusa owned a planet busting GOD with a sword, he wins!!!

Sado22
he only forced Bison to retreat with that.

Bison never solo'd the cast. he fought and was forced back by Ryu, Ken, Sakura and Sagat, was forced back by 12 dolls and was engaged long enough by Charlie for Guile and Chunli to blow up thepsycho drives that eventually pwned him.
HARDLY equals to soloing the cast, like Igniz, Rugal and Orochi Iori.

that's not HIS power. he was using the negative energy of the world for that.

i don't recall reading that....at least not on Tiamat's.

~Sado

Superboy Prime
laughing That's exactly the reason I distain that type of logic.

No, he fought the dolls after and killed most of them. Besides, bison could never be fatigued with the Psych9o Drive, hence CIS.

Last time I watched SFA3's ending it was Ryu's shoryuken the thing that finally made Bison lose...all the bombing or all the other crap that was aimed at him.

Superboy Prime
So what, that didn't weaken him. Since Ryu can take Bison out in a single Shoryuken, that means he can take on, no wait, I mean BEAT the cast of SFA3.

Can Haybusa do that?

In fact, this means Ryu is actually stronger then Akuma.

*Sigh*

Superboy Prime
Hayabusa owned a planet busting GOD with a sword, he wins!!!

*Sigh*

Superboy Prime
And...

*Sigh*

again.

Emperor Ashtar
Last time I watched SFA3's ending it was Ryu's shoryuken the thing that finally made Bison lose...all the bombing or all the other crap that was aimed at him.

Thats just Ryu's ending, Bison is killed by everyone in their respective endings.

Superboy Prime
Thats just Ryu's ending, Bison is killed b everyone in their respective endings.

And how do you come to the conclusion Ryu shoryuken'd him first and then everyone else started whooping ass left and right?

Emperor Ashtar
And how do you come to the conclusion Ryu shoryuken'd him first and then everyone else started whooping ass left and right?

By following th Canon that's been put together by Saiki & Tiamat.

Superboy Prime
Newsflash, and I know you are aware of this, Tiamat's FAQ does not make anything canon. It is a guide, but it does not make it official Capcom canon.

Emperor Ashtar
Newsflash, and I know you are aware of this, Tiamat's FAQ does not make anything canon. It is a guide, but it does not make it official Capcom canon.

It's a translation of canon source books made by capcom themselves which purpose is to detail the Street fighter plot. Besides, how exactly did you know that Ryu was the one to finish bison without a source?

Who else?
he only forced Bison to retreat with that.No matter how you slice, Ryu beat him.

Bison never solo'd the cast. he fought and was forced back by Ryu, Ken, Sakura and Sagat, was forced back by 12 dolls and was engaged long enough by Charlie for Guile and Chunli to blow up thepsycho drives that eventually pwned him.
HARDLY equals to soloing the cast, like Igniz, Rugal and Orochi Iori.Let me see, there are a bit over 30 characters in Alpha 3. . .

He fought Ryu, Ken, Sakura, and possibly Sagat=4 or 3

12 dolls=12

Guy and Rose, possibly=2

Chun Li, Guile, and Charlie=3

And there are more but I don't feel like looking into it.

So lets see, that's 21 people, Bison fought. He took on more people then there is characters in 3rd Strike. Ryu beat'em in ONE move. He can solo Alpha 3, and win.

that's not HIS power. he was using the negative energy of the world for that. What do you think that negative energy is. . . PSYCHO POWER, duh. That's why in most endings when he intercepts the city destroying beam from the satellite, he gets powered up rather than destroyed.

i don't recall reading that....at least not on Tiamat's.

That's just plain common since. Evil Ryu was on Akuma level, Ryu is now beyond that, or pretty close to it.
It doesn't take Wish Bone the Dog to figure that out.

Superboy Prime
It's a translation of canon source books made by capcom themselves which purpose is to detail the Street fighter plot. Besides, how exactly did you know that Ryu was the one to finish bison without a source?

It's still a translation. And...I remember reading it somewhere. A SF guide of sorts. Although that was a long time ago.

Superboy Prime
The day I see Ryu kicking the crap out of sunken ships at the bottom of the ocean is the day I will agree to him being on Gouki's level.

Emperor Ashtar
It's still a translation. And...I remember reading it somewhere. A SF guide of sorts. Although that was a long time ago.
It's a translation of several canon guides that explain the plot of Street Fighter.

Superboy Prime
It's a translation of several canon guides that explain the plot of Street Fighter.

Translations are never perfect.

Emperor Ashtar
Translations are never perfect.
What does that have to do with the event happening in the order you say?

FortressXRuler
Off-Topic question:What happened to Violent2Dope?

Superboy Prime
What does that have to do with the event happening in the order you say?

Nothing. But it's a point I want to get across when discussing stuff using Tiamat's guide. It is very good for understanding SF's story, but it is not the SF bible written & translated by the Capcom God itself.

And we've gotten off topic in this thread. We are not discussing Ryu nor Bison here.

Who else?
The day I see Ryu kicking the crap out of sunken ships at the bottom of the ocean is the day I will agree to him being on Gouki's level. He beat Bison with ONE MOVE, he is well beyond Gouki my friend.

If Ryu can sink islands, he can destroy sunken ships.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Off-Topic question:What happened to Violent2Dope?

He's probably suffering from Xeno withdrawal.

Superboy Prime
He beat Bison with ONE MOVE, he is well beyond Gouki my friend.

If Ryu can sink islands, he can destroy sunken ships.

Please.

It was Gouki who sank the island, not Ryu. People just like to assume SFA2 Ryu can pull shit like that off simply because he was able to fight Gouki.

Who else?
He's probably suffering from Xeno withdrawal. laughing

FortressXRuler
When Xeno's back tomorrow, is Violent2Dope gonna be back?

Superboy Prime
When Xeno's back tomorrow, is Violent2Dope gonna be back?

He'll probably be back before Xeno...sort of like Galactus and his heralds.

He will give us the signal for Xenogears to return.

Emperor Ashtar
Nothing. But it's a point I want to get across when discussing stuff using Tiamat's guide. It is very good for understanding SF's story, but it is not the SF bible written & translated by the Capcom God itself.

Capcom of USA always Fubars translations, and I would trust fan translations over there retarded ones. Again, the book is a translation of Capcom God. So, until someone actually have a better source I'll view it as such.

Superboy Prime
Capcom of USA always Fubars translations, and I would trust fan translations over there retarded ones. Again, the book is a translation of Capcom God. So, until someone actually have a better source I'll view it as such.

Fine by me. That does not mean I have to swallow everything that is said in there though.

FortressXRuler
He'll probably be back before Xeno...sort of like Galactus and his heralds.

He will give us the signal for Xenogears to return.

Should we head for the hills, or Lana? *I'm not in the mood to get spammed. Last time I got spammed, I massacred my 3rd friends family, then donated thier blood to charity so noone would think I was a bad person.*

Sorry for revealing that. my soul is still in that alternite reality. Happy Dance

Emperor Ashtar
Fine by me. That does not mean I have to swallow everything that is said in there though.

Never said you did, but if you wanna debate canon at the very least present a source.

Who else?
Please.

It was Gouki who sank the island, not Ryu. People just like to assume SFA2 Ryu can pull shit like that off simply because he was able to fight Gouki. Ryu is now stronger then a guy who sunk an island. He can sink an island.

So it's okay for the KOF guys to have A>B>C logic for feats, but it's not okay for the SFs?

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu is now stronger then a guy who sunk an island. He can sink an island.

So it's okay for the KOF guys to have A>B>C logic for feats, but it's not okay for the SFs?
Pretty much, Iori is God tier because he can defeat Gods. But, Ryu isn't when he shoryukens a God Tier? confused

Superboy Prime
Ryu is now stronger then a guy who sunk an island. He can sink an island.

Problem is Gouki's showings contradict Ryu's A>B>C. And it's not like Gouki has not beaten Bison himself.

Superboy Prime
Pretty much, Iori is God tier because he can defeat Gods. But, Ryu isn't when he shoryukens a God Tier? confused

*Sigh* I never said Iori beats on gods. I think you're either confusing me with sado, or just saying random stuff to prove how ABC sucks.

Who else?
Problem is Gouki's showings contradict Ryu's A>B>C logic. Not really, Ryu is a good guy, why would he go around breaking shit just to prove his strength, when he can just spar with Ken? Akuma doesn't have anyone to train with.

Emperor Ashtar
It wasn't directed towards you SBP. Just in general to people who support that argument, and I admitt is was sorta directed to my good buddy Sado.

Superboy Prime
Sado is always on our line of fire. ROFL.

Superboy Prime
Not really, Ryu is a good guy, why would he go around breaking shit just to prove his strength, when he can just spar with Ken?

You will just keep responding no matter how ridiculous your statements get, right?

All right this will be the last time I reply to you in regard of Ryu > Gouki. Feel free to make/revive the thread if you actually feel like getting serious.

Emperor Ashtar
2gunsgun_bandanagunsmilie

FortressXRuler
If this thing continues between those 2 it could be messy

Emperor Ashtar
Take this to the Ryu Vs Ryu Hayabusa Thread.

Superboy Prime
2gunsgun_bandanagunsmilie

sniperrifle Sado's rip spam_laser

Who else?
laughing Originally posted by Superboy Prime
You will just keep responding no matter how ridiculous your statements get, right?

All right this will be the last time I reply to you in regard of Ryu > Gouki. Feel free to make/revive the thread if you actually feel like getting serious. Hold up, it's not okay for me to mention Ryu feats involving Akuma, but it's okay for you to mention Iori feats involving the ENTIRE CAST OF KOF!?

I'm very disappointed in you S.Prime. sad no

FortressXRuler
I'm telling you, this is gonna get ugly!

Who else?
I'm telling you, this is gonna get ugly! I hope people don't think I'm serious, I'm just arguing the way some people argue for Iori. I don't suck THAT bad at debating.

FortressXRuler
I never said you were a bad debator. I'm saying that the way you and SuperboyPrime were going at it, it could have started something bad.

Superboy Prime
Nah. I bailed out of the boat before it sank. It was evident he was just being annoying.

FortressXRuler
Don't say that SP, stay out of that boat!

Sado22
Bison ran away so in a way you're right. but it was FAR from winning since Bison was shock and being a pussyboss didn't want to take on 4 people since SFA3 was a poorly written pile of garbage.

He fought Ryu, pwned him
fought Ken and Sakura, as Sagat pwned Psycho Ryu
Ryu then did the justice shoryuken
so at best he took on 2 people at one time here.

i am inclined to bring up how WEAK the dolls are. Cammy is barely midtier in the series and the Dolls are even weaker (since Cammy took two down on her own).

this happened WAY later. and it was only Rose...and Bison was merely a soul and possessed her. NOT a fight.

it was mainly Charlie versus Bison fight, since Chunli anD Guile were planting the bombs. Charlie held him off.

so basically, Bison took on 1 guy, then 2 people, then ran away before the fight became 4-on-1, fought the dolls and ran away, then fought Charlie, got blown to bits after the explosives went off and then took over Rose.

and he took people at gaps and NOT all at once. Omega Rugal, Igniz and Orochi Iori took on the entire cast of KoF95, KoF2001 and KoF97 ALL AT ONCE. THAT is pwning the entire cast. not the above and you know it.

no, not really. Satusi no hadou is ALSO a negative energy. Psycho power takes its power from negative emotions and that is what Psycho Drives do...they gather the negative energy and give it to Bison (hence those shoulder blades). this is NOT his power. with his own power, Bison could barely beat Rose....oh no, wait, he DIDN'T beat Rose.

*resurrects from the gunshots like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3V_VfwW5mU *
okay...as i've made pretty clear above that NO ONE in SF has ever pwned the entire cast. Bison fought people at random with gaps in the middle and was pwned by lower tiers (dolls) even. on the other hand Rugal was wiping the entire cast and so was Igniz and Orochi Iori was giving them a time of their life. NO COMPARISON.
as for pwning gods...Ryu made Bison retreat. Iori NEUTRALIZED Orochi. Iori also pwned Orochi Nanakase who was even stronger than Geonitz. and i'm talking LAID THE F OUT. when Ryu LAYS out a godtier then you all should come and talk.
as for Ryu=Gouki, laughing

~Sado

Superboy Prime
OMG...Sado has learned the secret to immortality...*Runs for the hills*

Sado22
*teleports and prevents SBP from running like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEmdWg0quoY *

~The No Life King Sado-sama

FortressXRuler
GET OUT OF THE WAY SBP!!!!!!!!!!!
*Tries to get in Sado's way*

SteelEagle
*Also gets in the way, too*

You're not going in it alone, FortressXRuler. wink

shin_remy
WTF

STOP STOP STOP

this is BULLSHI*

last pages are only about SF!!!!

i hate this!!! why debating and discussing about SF in a Iori vs Hayabusa thread

and AGAIN SF alpha 3!!! And again is Sado making SF looking weak and Kof SUPERPOWERFULL LIKE ALWAYS

just ignore him or these kind of things, cause Sado will never stop ruining the topics where he debates in

got that!!

FortressXRuler
Originally posted by SteelEagle
*Also gets in the way, too*

You're not going in it alone, FortressXRuler. wink

Thank You, but I already used up all of my powers....
*I'm dead*

Sado22
*is only too happy to see the increase in people to massacre. Rapes over everyone like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ0DFeaNxCQ *

~Sado

FortressXRuler
I'm back!!! You're going down Sado!!! The only person to massacre everyone will be me! mad mad mad

SteelEagle
*Sweet Chin Music on Sado.*

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_remy
WTF

STOP STOP STOP

this is BULLSHI*

last pages are only about SF!!!!

i hate this!!! why debating and discussing about SF in a Iori vs Hayabusa thread

and AGAIN SF alpha 3!!! And again is Sado making SF looking weak and Kof SUPERPOWERFULL LIKE ALWAYS

just ignore him or these kind of things, cause Sado will never stop ruining the topics where he debates in

got that!!

Sad thing is Sado didn't start it.

Who else?
I may have had something to do with it, but I was only proving a point for Hayabusa's sake.

That Iori has NO FEATS.

Emperor Ashtar
It's ironic, every time there is a thread on 2-D fighters no matter what characters are in said versus. Ryu, somehow becomes the topic of attention and people exhaust themselves arguing about Ryu. Then thread dies because and nothing gets solved.

Who else?
Maybe deep down inside, we all recognize Ryu as the greatest. Maybe not the strongest but I can admit that Ryu probably is the representative of fighting games period.laughing

Just like Mario would be the rep for party games.

Emperor Ashtar
Mario rep party games, damn what happened to the industry?

Who else?
Mario rep party games, damn what happened to the industry? laughing

Who else would be a better rep?

Emperor Ashtar
laughing

Who else would be a better rep?

It's not because he's a bad rep, but Mario should represent Platformers or Adventure games. But, now a days it's just not the same.

Who else?
I think there are better reps for Platformers or Adventure.

Like Crash Bandicoot

Emperor Ashtar
Better than mario, and Crash died.

SteelEagle
Crash Bandicoot was great in the late 90s, but now in the new millennium, his star has fizzled out. And don't get me started on Spyro...

Emperor Ashtar
I always hated spyro.

Superboy Prime
I think all the off-topic spamming could get solved with an off-topic thread similar to the one in Comics Vs Forum, but meh.

Emperor Ashtar
I think all the off-topic spamming could get solved with an off-topic thread similar to the one in Comics Vs Forum, but meh.
Like that's going to happen, look how long the anime section has been asking for a versus section.

Superboy Prime
Like that's going to happen, look how long the anime section has been asking for a versus section.

Yeah...it was just wishful thinking anyways.

SteelEagle
I may have had something to do with it, but I was only proving a point for Hayabusa's sake.

That Iori has NO FEATS.

Well, he....uh......scratches people..... laughing

Xenogears
Iori.

Sado22
steeleagle is gay laughing

alucard

if Oro is recognized as a godtier just cuz he stalemated Akuma and this is considered a legimate feat, then why the buzz over Iori.
Iori's taken down Orochi Nanakase for one, and taken on the entire cast of KoF97 in a weaker version for another. that's three. he was shown jumping really hihg from one building to another in KoFAD and was able to survive a crashing church without a scratch.

~Sado
P.S. notice how i didn't bring up the Orochi part

SteelEagle
Hey terrorists, terrorize this!

*Drops a NUCLEAR BOMB ON Sado*

Emperor Ashtar
Oro is considered God tier because he's stated to be such by Capcom. Iori is just another invincible SNK hero that they dhove down our throats. He's cool but, it's been proven that KOF writers cannot maintain a hierarchy.

As for feats:

-Oro is powerful enough to defeat fighters with one arm
-Has to seal one arm because he's so powerful
-At the age of 140, he's still in is prime
-No one has yet to survive his training regimine
-He's beyond human like Gouki

Etc.

SteelEagle
I wouldn't consider him invincible if he gets owned by a girlyboy. wink

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by SteelEagle
I wouldn't consider him invincible if he gets owned by a girlyboy. wink

I'm gonna wait for my friend, Sado. To attempt to convince us that Ash Crimson is God tier as well.

Xenogears
None of Oro's feats just mentioned can even begin to compare to Iori's.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Xenogears
None of Oro's feats just mentioned can even begin to compare to Iori's.
What are Iori's feats, beating people that exceed him in power?

SteelEagle
What are they anyway? scratching people? laughing

Xenogears
They've been mentioned many times, if you knuckleheads bothered to listen.

Superboy Prime
I think beating SF3 Ryu with just one arm is a good enough feat.

Emperor Ashtar

We have payed attention (You can't listen to words) and they revolve around Iori owning God tiers with plot devices & Jobbing.

SteelEagle

I was being sarcastic, I am aware of Iori's feats. Fully aware, even.

shin_remy
We have payed attention (You can't listen to words) and they revolve around Iori owning God tiers with plot devices & Jobbing.

youre right smile

Darkstorm Zero
This is pretty much why I've left debating when it comes to fighting game characters... it has become a cesspoolof nothing but falsities and shit...

Sado, as much as I respect you, and your oppinions, your dead wrong.

Iori isn't a God Tier, or even Boss Calibur (Riot Iori is, but thats another thing I'll get to later)

Iori isn't stronger than Goenitz, and neither is O.Yashiro... Demonstrated in 96, it took both Kyo and Iori to tagteam Goenitz to down him. Current Iori before losing his flames may be stronger than Goentitz, but at the time? Hell no.

Yashiro only appeared stronger because he was with the other two Heavenly kings, and was close to the Avatar. However, Goenitz is the oldest, most experienced, has demonstrated more power (Via wrecking the Stadium in 96) and is in complete control at all times, whereas Yashiro must transform, and forgets his previous memories to do so, Shermie and Chris are the same.

Next, Riot Iori is indeed the stronger of Iori's two forms, as demonstrated in the game, the guy may be wild and out of control, but he demonstrated far superior speed, strength, and fighting capability. I have seen that pictuire you supplied with Ash beating O.Iori, and other than something incredibly vague "His energy is changing/dropping", there is no indicators at all. I beleive it has been stated numerous times that he had JUST finished a battle with Shingo and Kyo... Not to mention numerous fights before that... Besides, what makes you think that this is an overall indicator of O.Iori's power anyways? This being the only time he ever displayed weakness in the form ever...

Now, your CONSTANT ragging on Bison is another thing that needs to be addressed, I know you follow Tiamat's guide, and I know you value his words over mine... But what you say hardly ever makes sense on this... you call Bison a pansy, a wuss, a pussy... Bullshit... Ryu owned him, yes, but only after fighting off Ken Sakura and Sagat... (There's no proof Sagat didn't jump in while Ryu recouperated from the Psycho Power infusion.) Plus, that "Justice" Shoryuken happened only during Bison's big attempt to move into Ryu's body (Proof is in all three of those endings, so there's no disputing it). This Shoryuken, powered by Bison's own energy on his weakened body detonated him.

Rag on Bison all you like, butat least it wasn't Solo jobbing, or plot device powered like the vast majority of KOF's boss fights.

Sado22
Iori was capable trembling the ground with an effortless powerup.
http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/ant2099/kof2k1stl3.htm

not a feat.

so is Chin Getsai, at 99. and wang jinrei at over 100.
not a feat.

not a feat.

Iori is beyond human too.
http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/ant2099/kof2k1stl3.htm

right....and being stronger than Geonitz isn't?
sorry SBP, but what a fanboyish thing to say! please keep out bull like this.

you're missing the point:
-Vice and Mature considered Iori stronger
-next year, Iori in weakened state fought the entire cast of KoF97 and was FINALLY subdued after combined effort.
losing to entire cast>>losing to two people, one of whom was the other guy pwning Geonitz.

older, experienced doesn't decide who is the better fighter. there is a LOT more to fights than experience.

he is a brainless and fast powermachine but he isn't focused. to the point that his power drops steadily after a single bout with Kyo.

compare that to the show of Iori's stamina before:
in a single day in KoF 97, he fought in the tourny and most probably fought Kyo in the finals, became riot iori and took on the entire cast, took down Orochi Nanakase, and fought Orochi.
and here, riot iori just gets "tired" after fighting two people.

its already clear that Iori is stronger than riot iori.

as i said above.

none of the KoF solo jobbed either.
List em come on:
-Rugal, NO
-Omega, didn't even lose
-Geonitz, not solo
-Orochi, not solo
-Krizalid, not solo
-Zero, not solo
-Original Zero, keeping aside how unreliable Tiamat is, K' had enough experience fighting the previous Zero so its not surprising that he took him down. you say it urself right...experience is practically a match decider in your dictionary.
-Igniz, everything but solo
-Mukai, not solo
-Magaki, not solo

and at the very least, the KoF bosses don't have the whole world to supply them power, have infinite source of power and still "get tired" after fighting FOUR people. this is BS and you know it.

~Sado

Xenogears
Sado, trust me dude, you're not going to get anywhere arguing with these guys about this. Despite all the points and facts you present they either disregard or disagree with all of them. They might as well be saying, "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Superboy Prime
Just because you think beating Ryu with one arm is not a good feat does not mean it isn't.

How about a character that manages to beat Jin/Terry/insert random character here with one arm and you will be the first to point out it is one reasonably good feat.

Xenogears
Being m1ster Ch3F is a good feat.

And knowing m1ster Ch3F, he's probably tired right now and wants to go to bed. sleepy

Darkstorm Zero
you're missing the point:
-Vice and Mature considered Iori stronger
-next year, Iori in weakened state fought the entire cast of KoF97 and was FINALLY subdued after combined effort.
losing to entire cast>>losing to two people, one of whom was the other guy pwning Geonitz.

-Vague extrapolation... they may have just like Iori more.
--Weakened only according to you.

older, experienced doesn't decide who is the better fighter. there is a LOT more to fights than experience.

But Experience, skill knowlege all play much bigger roles than brute force and you know it.

he is a brainless and fast powermachine but he isn't focused. to the point that his power drops steadily after a single bout with Kyo.

compare that to the show of Iori's stamina before:
in a single day in KoF 97, he fought in the tourny and most probably fought Kyo in the finals, became riot iori and took on the entire cast, took down Orochi Nanakase, and fought Orochi.
and here, riot iori just gets "tired" after fighting two people.

its already clear that Iori is stronger than riot iori.

You just countermanded your own argument... Riot Iori was owning throughout 97... you took r.Iori's weakest showing and ran with it... so no, R.Ioriisn't weak, and the facts of 97 proved it.

none of the KoF solo jobbed either.
List em come on:
-Rugal, NO
-Omega, didn't even lose
-Geonitz, not solo
-Orochi, not solo
-Krizalid, not solo
-Zero, not solo
-Original Zero, keeping aside how unreliable Tiamat is, K' had enough experience fighting the previous Zero so its not surprising that he took him down. you say it urself right...experience is practically a match decider in your dictionary.
-Igniz, everything but solo
-Mukai, not solo
-Magaki, not solo

and at the very least, the KoF bosses don't have the whole world to supply them power, have infinite source of power and still "get tired" after fighting FOUR people. this is BS and you know it.

Geese was soloed.
Rugal blew himself up.
Goenitz was tagteamed.
thge other 3 heavenly kings where ravaged, and Orochi himself was triple teamed.
Krizalid was floored by a single attack from Kyo.
Zero, Original Zero and Igniz did alright.
Mukai was tripple teamed by the treasures prior to Ash owning Chizuru.
Magaki - I don't know.

As for your Bison slagging- Bison was dying, his profile says this twice... then he was weakened insurmountably when hit by Ryu's Shoryuken.. Are you going to deny these facts?

And no... they are just Gods, and people who have his powers, and people with countless terrabytes of battle data right? wink

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
--Weakened only according to you.

But Experience, skill knowlege all play much bigger roles than brute force and you know it.

You just countermanded your own argument... Riot Iori was owning throughout 97... you took r.Iori's weakest showing and ran with it... so no, R.Ioriisn't weak, and the facts of 97 proved it.

Co-sign.

Xenogears
.ngis-oC

Sado22
wait wtf?!
the strongest hint we have regarding Iori's powerlevel is this....but its automatically supposed to carry no weight since the high and mighty Darkstorm doesn't think so?

i'm taking it in a logical sense:
his power is dropping steadily means that he is losing his power gradually and since it doesn't happen to regular iori then he's weakened.
is that so hard to understand?
and enter darkstorm with you load of "what ifs" and speculation...
come on..its practically slapping you in the face telling you that Orochi Iori is far from Iori's stongest incarnation.

if his power is dropping steadily then how the F--K is he stronger than regular Iori. once your done wrapping your head around this one, now focus on the part:

why in the world would, Mature and Vice, two Orochi women who have been serving Goenitz and other Orochi carriers for YEARS are not credible enough for you to be judging power levels? stop acting like the canon authority around here. i gave you PROOF that he is superior to Goenitz of two orochi women who have lived with both of them and spend the past 10 or more years of their lives with Goenitz claiming that Yagami is stronger.....and YOU say it doesn't mean anything because...?
they have the credibility to say that.

you're practically saying: i'm not buying Iori=godtier because i don't like him and he's overrated.

oh and....SBP, co-sign my @$$!

did i say it didn't? read over my sentence again! i said it is NOT everything. there is natural talent, power, speed, guts and endurance...all of which are in Iori's court.

~Sado

Sado22
i said kof..not FF

and thank you for making yourself look like a moron. you go around saying "solo jobbing" and give proof of everything BUT solo jobbing.
oh and while your patting yourself in the back, look up "solo".

Bison's body was incapable of containing that power, yes.
the rest...speculation.

only Igniz and Orochi were gods. having their power doesn't make them gods. and at the very least they dont get pwned by 12 lowtier girls (Bison running away from 12 dolls) or engaged by ONE hightier (Bison being engaged long enough by CHarlie)

~Sado

Sandai Kitetsu
Is that all?
How exactly is that a feat comparable to what oro can do?

But, ground shaking is a feat?

140> 100
And, are they in there prime or even in this debate?

But, ground shaking is?

Pure hyperbole

Sandai Kitetsu
Iori is somehow Godtier enough to defeat the individual responsible for his family's power source with plot devices no less.

Darkstorm Zero
wait wtf?!
the strongest hint we have regarding Iori's powerlevel is this....but its automatically supposed to carry no weight since the high and mighty Darkstorm doesn't think so?

No, I disreguard it in the face of overwhelming opposite evidence going the other way... in the face of 97, your vague quote carries no weight.

i'm taking it in a logical sense:
his power is dropping steadily means that he is losing his power gradually and since it doesn't happen to regular iori then he's weakened.
is that so hard to understand?
and enter darkstorm with you load of "what ifs" and speculation...
come on..its practically slapping you in the face telling you that Orochi Iori is far from Iori's stongest incarnation.

What ifs? Your telling me that the events of 97 are "MY" speculation?

R.Iori's power level only dropped in that one battle against Ash, thats hardly a benchmarker Sado, you need multipleoccurances ofit for that to become standard.

if his power is dropping steadily then how the F--K is he stronger than regular Iori. once your done wrapping your head around this one, now focus on the part:

Read above

why in the world would, Mature and Vice, two Orochi women who have been serving Goenitz and other Orochi carriers for YEARS are not credible enough for you to be judging power levels? stop acting like the canon authority around here. i gave you PROOF that he is superior to Goenitz of two orochi women who have lived with both of them and spend the past 10 or more years of their lives with Goenitz claiming that Yagami is stronger.....and YOU say it doesn't mean anything because...?
they have the credibility to say that.

Because as much as they are Orochi's, they are also manipulative women... AND, since it was only guessworkto begin with, you've never given me anything OTHER than that vague extrapolation.

Him being stronger than RugalI can give you, but not Goenitz.

you're practically saying: i'm not buying Iori=godtier because i don't like him and he's overrated.

oh and....SBP, co-sign my @$$!

I never said I didn't like him... but Godtier? no way... not based on what he's done.

did i say it didn't? read over my sentence again! i said it is NOT everything. there is natural talent, power, speed, guts and endurance...all of which are in Iori's court.

Against Goenitz? No Sado, Goenitz has far more power feats, control, capability, skill and experience... not to mention endurance.

Plus, he already has aone-up on Iori... He defeated Kyo soundly.

i said kof..not FF

Oh.... It's a shame that both series are connected, after all, isn't that where the KOF tourney started?

and thank you for making yourself look like a moron. you go around saying "solo jobbing" and give proof of everything BUT solo jobbing.
oh and while your patting yourself in the back, look up "solo".

my point was, it's still jobbing, unlike in SFer.

Bison's body was incapable of containing that power, yes.
the rest...speculation.

If you have a counter thesis that actually makes sense, then please present it, otherwise...

only Igniz and Orochi were gods. having their power doesn't make them gods. and at the very least they dont get pwned by 12 lowtier girls (Bison running away from 12 dolls) or engaged by ONE hightier (Bison being engaged long enough by CHarlie)

Prove he retreated from the Dolls first WITHOUT resorting to Saiki or Tiamat.

Ignis wasn't a god... He had aspirations to Godhood, but no, he was no god. and another thing, Orochi was still stronger than ignis, and for the same reason R.Iori is stronger than Iori - more demonstrated capability.

Lana
Closed by request of thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.