KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Iori Yagami Vs Ryu Hayabusa

Who emerges victorious during this clash?
This poll is closed.
Yagami 3 30.00%
Hayabusa 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iori Yagami Vs Ryu Hayabusa
Started by: Emperor Ashtar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Iori Yagami Vs Ryu Hayabusa

Okay, fight takes place on the Tri-Towers.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 09:47 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nice matchup.

IMO this is a better matchup than Kyo vs Hayabusa because of Iori's Raw Power.

Iori's style is unorthodox...and those nails of his can clearly cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the whole Orochi riot thing.

Hmm...Problem is I don't know a lot about Iori. So if anyone wants to indulge me feel free to do so.

Main questions are:

1) How's Iori's combat speed? Feats would be nice.
2) Does he have a way to stop Hayabusa from teleporting?
3) Has he ever fought someone like Hayabusa? I don't mean as strong or as powerful, someone as well rounded as Hayabusa.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 09:53 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

*answering qusetion #3*:Well, seeing how probably hasen't faced someone like Hayabusa, he's going to have a bad problem

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 09:58 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Nice matchup.

IMO this is a better matchup than Kyo vs Hayabusa because of Iori's Raw Power.

Iori's style is unorthodox...and those nails of his can clearly cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the whole Orochi riot thing.

Hmm...Problem is I don't know a lot about Iori. So if anyone wants to indulge me feel free to do so.

Main questions are:

1) How's Iori's combat speed? Feats would be nice.
2) Does he have a way to stop Hayabusa from teleporting?
3) Has he ever fought someone like Hayabusa? I don't mean as strong or as powerful, someone as well rounded as Hayabusa.

1) Pretty quick, but I don't think it's comparable for the most part with hayabusa's.

2) He could paralyze him with flames or knock him out before he uses it.
Hayabusa's Teleportation has a noticeble start up time. He might be able to catch Iori a few times with the Teleport, but he can't press an advantage with it. It's not as quick as kasumi's for it to be used that way.

3) Probably the four divine Kings, but I'm not to sure.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:02 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
1) Pretty quick, but I don't think it's comparable for the most part with hayabusa's.

2) He could paralyze him with flames or knock him out before he uses it.
Hayabusa's Teleportation has a noticeble start up time. He might be able to catch Iori a few times with the Teleport, but he can't press an advantage with it. It's not as quick as kasumi's for it to be used that way.

3) Probably the four divine Kings, but I'm not to sure.

Aye.

About the teleportation...he has different versions. In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time, but in NG we see him teleport without performing any of the handsigns etc.

In any case I don't think the teleportation will guarantee Hayabusa the win.

As far as I'm concerned Iori is a powerhouse and can probably go at it for a long time.

Sad thing is I predict Sado will run in and start over rating Iori to Darkstalker levels while making Hayabusa look like Dan Hibiki.

On a second note I wonder what brainchild's thoughts on this would be.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 10th, 2007 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:08 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Aye.

About the teleportation...he has different versions. In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time, but in NG we see him teleport without performing any of the handsigns etc.

I don't remeber Hayabusa teleporting in-game.

As far as I'm concerned Iori is a powerhouse and can probably go at it for a long while.

Sad thing is I predict Sado will run in and start over rating Iori to Darkstalker levels while making Hayabusa look like Dan Hibiki.
laughing

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:10 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't remeber Hayabusa teleporting in-game.

In Dead or Alive 4 Hayabusa can teleport as part of his gameplay moves.

During the 2nd & 3rd round the classic NG Hayabusa starts spamming a couple of teleports to win the match(noobie players)

He teleports during the Izuna Drop

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 10th, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:21 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

In Dead or Alive 4 Hayabusa can teleport as part of his gameplay moves.

During the 2nd & 3rd round the classic NG Hayabusa starts spamming a couple of teleports to win the match(noobie players)

All those teleports had a start up.

He teleports during the Izuna Drop

Yeah, but the opponent is off gaurd during Inzuna drop, plus it's part of a multiple move assualt. I'm thinking about teleportation on par with Night Crawler.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:28 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

All those teleports had a start up.

Aye.
In gameplay Hayabusa has the noticible start up time

Yeah, but the opponent is off gaurd during Inzuna drop, plus it's part of a multiple move assualt. I'm thinking about teleportation on par with Night Crawler.

About the Nightcrawler style teleportation I gotta give that to you. His teleportation is no where near Nightcrawler's.

Edit: Although I think he can instantly teleport when you counter your way out of getting hit by a car in DOA4. Unfortunately I don't have the copy of DOA4 with me at the moment, and I doubt I'll find that particular instance on youtube.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 10th, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:33 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

It's good to see that Teleporters get respect on this forum, because they get slept on hard everywhere else. I hate the fact that certain Speed-sters can blitz teleporters. Also, I hate speedsters that operate FTL on all levels I.E. FTL reaction, FTL traveling speed, FTL fighting speed, and FTL blitzing.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:47 PM
The Cap'n

Ninjabusa defeats Emogami here. wink

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:51 PM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It's good to see that Teleporters get respect on this forum, because they get slept on hard everywhere else. I hate the fact that certain Speed-sters can blitz teleporters. Also, I hate speedsters that operate FTL on all levels I.E. FTL reaction, FTL traveling speed, FTL fighting speed, and FTL blitzing.

Agreed. Which is why I like Zoom. He is not a speedster(time manipulation) and he gets to beat their asses--with the exception of Speed Force Bart.

Kind of makes one wonder what would happen if a speedster is to fight a teleporter with FTL reflexes and reaction time.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 10:59 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Agreed. Which is why I like Zoom. He is not a speedster(time manipulation) and he gets to beat their asses--with the exception of Speed Force Bart.

Yeah, too bad he still loses to speedsters like flash.

Kind of makes one wonder what would happen if a speedster is to fight a teleporter with FTL reflexes and reaction time.

If it's a DC speedster, they would win with some plot device.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 11:05 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I am worried for Iori...brainchild was in the forum for quite a while...and Iori didn't get any support from him.

Things are looking sour for Yagami.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 12:59 AM
StyleTime

I give it to Hayabusa.

You guys already brought up why. Mainly teleporting. Teleporting gives the DOA ninja an edge that most top tiers from other fighting games don't have. It's a large part of why I generally give Ayane, Kasumi, and Hayabusa at least a 6/10 over their peers from other games.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 03:19 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightness

teleporting gives ryu a small advantage. athena, k', angel, etc can teleport and iori's stronger than all of them.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 03:28 AM
lightness is currently offline Click here to Send lightness a Private Message Find more posts by lightness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
How's Iori's combat speed? Feats would be nice.

Iori has pretty good speed. feats? err...he's pretty good at all sports confused

quote:
Does he have a way to stop Hayabusa from teleporting?

he can hold him and choke the crap out of him like he did with Geonitz and Orochi. teleportation isn't really something new for Iori and as this guy pointed out, Ryu's teleportation takes long time...while Geonitz and Orochi could do it almost instantly. so i don't think teleportation matters.

quote:
Has he ever fought someone like Hayabusa? I don't mean as strong or as powerful, someone as well rounded as Hayabusa.

he's fought Terry, K', Kyo, Ryo, Geonitz, Igniz, Billy and Eiji together, Vice and Mature together, and the whole cast of KoF97 while weakened.
that enough?

quote:

....i'm so gonna spam your PM section with Jin pictures! mad

~Sado

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:05 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Welcome aboard, Sado.

Always a pleasure to debate with you. *Acts all polite to avoid getting Jin pics*

I knew you would bring the roster owning...Who has not owned a KOF roster these days? Exactly. Besides...wasn't that Iori under the influence of the Orochi blood? If that is the case we are not discussing that version of Iori. And then...Iori gets cheapshotted by Ash after taking on Kyo & Shingo. Something must be wrong...he owns an entire roster...and then gets owned after fighting Kyo &...Shingo.

This is just my humble opinion, and I am in no way an Iori master, but still:

Hayabusa has him beat in combat speed.
Strength & Power goes to Iori hands down.
Teleportation will still be a mess for Iori. How will he grab someone that is faster than him in combat?

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 11th, 2007 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:54 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
knew you would bring the roster owning...Who has not owned a KOF roster these days? Exactly. Besides...wasn't that Iori under the influence of the Orochi blood? If that is the case we are not discussing that version of Iori. And then...Iori gets cheapshotted by Ash after taking on Kyo & Shingo. Something must be wrong...he owns an entire roster...and then gets owned after fighting Kyo &...Shingo

actually only Omega Rugal, Orochi Iori and Igniz have taken on the entire cast of KoF. Rugal was the only one who pwned it...and that was simply because Iori wasn't there.
Orochi Iori went down and so did Igniz.
Orochi Iori is also the weaker version of Iori. i know it sounds weird but that's how it is.

Ash is supposed to be a VERY powerful character. to the point that he is toying around with Kyo. he was even seen wrecking up South Town without much effort in KoFAd. this is hard to believe, and i for one HATE to admit it, but Ash may very well be the strongest of the flame users.
oh and a very crucial point is always overlooked:
Ash can teleport as well as absorb powers and in KoFXI he had the ability to seal power (the mirror stolen from Kagura). so brainless, tired and weaker version of Iori losing to a powerful, focused Ash with teleporation ablitiy and the power to SEAL someone's power...........its not too hard to believe that Iori went down.

quote:
Teleportation will still be a mess for Iori. How will he grab someone that is faster than him in combat?

i agree. i'm just pointing out that he has dealt with teleporters before....and dealt with them soundly. also i brought up instantaneous teleportation (GEonitz, Orochi, etc).

~Sado

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 09:51 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I see your points, but even if Orochi Iori is a "weaker" version of him that feat still qualifies as Orochi Iori's and not regular Iori. IMO he managed to pull that off because he was out of control, and nothing more.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:09 PM