What do you think makes a good sci-fi, or action movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kai3345
I am thinking about writing a screenplay and I am going to write one for at least one of these genres. So what do you think makes a good Sci-Fi movie or Action Movie?

ragesRemorse
story, production, directing

kodak
Dolph Lundgren.

exanda kane
Originally posted by kodak
Dolph Lundgren.

laughing

In my opinion, things that make certain Sci-Fi films stand above the rest are the films that touch upon common issues and themes, playing as a scoail critque or wrapping itself in pretentious, existenialist issues. There are exceptions, such as Star Wars however.

=Tired Hiker=
I like all the stuff the others have said, well I'm iffy about Dolph Lundgren, but I also like to think that what I am seeing could be or could one day be real. The movie "The Prestige" failed in my book because I thought the sci fi elements were hokie.

gingercaily
I think a good sci- fi or action movie must contain intelligent, entertaining and very realistic plot so people can easily relate with the story. The movie must create moral questions and issues, and should leave viewers thinking.

Mairuzu
Strong good guy... strong bad guy... epic battles....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by kai3345
I am thinking about writing a screenplay and I am going to write one for at least one of these genres. So what do you think makes a good Sci-Fi movie or Action Movie?

Well it just depends. Story, the cast. production values. Great action and fight scenes. The budget. If its cheaply made or if its very expensive. Who are some of your influences?

Bicnarok
Things which imo make a good Sci Fi movie.

# Accurate scientifically based story
# Lots of space scenes, planets galaxies etc.
# A dangerous Alien, or Alien species.
# Something novel, newish. Not just some cheap copy of some old movie idea
# A cool hero
# a bad baddy ;Darth Sidious, Alien, Necromongers etc.
# Decent special effects.

An action movie needs..

Action and lots of it.

Who cares about ecting ability "look at Schwarzeneggar"

Heaven's Sword
Ever see 'The Fifth Element'? THAT was an excellent sci-fi...but it had a blend of so many other genres...maybe try that.

Discos
^^ agreed smile

Good action movie would have to be good action scenes, take T3 - driving a crane through a town, brilliant.

Good sci-fi, ya have to have a great story to this. Take a long time to think of a storyline which can make the viewer think it could actually happen. Have a twist in the plot. But DONT set it in space or in the future, been done too many times.

DoomsdayClock
If it was easy, there wouldn't be so much crap in those genres.

But, in my opinion...

- A good, un-cliched story
- Characters you believe and have empathy for
- Realistic and un-cartoony dialogue
- Well paced action, that is not gratuitous
- A solid climax and ending

gingercaily
i think a good action or sci-fi movie for me is
-something which is unique and new to the eyes of viewers
- the impact is so strong to make its viewers enjoy watching, wishing and wanting for more to find out what really happen to the characters in end.
-the characters played their role with feelings and soul so the viewers can absorb it and easily relate with...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.