The Day the Earth Stood Still

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a classic film. Very good. Keanu Reeves is in talks. Thoughts? Opinions?

ragesRemorse
No reason for remaking it. This was the greatest sci/fi flick for its time. Today it would pale in comparison of others to come after the original

Aizen
I must say......am so hyped up about this one, really cant wait!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No reason for remaking it. This was the greatest sci/fi flick for its time. Today it would pale in comparison of others to come after the original

exactly,they already ruined war of the worlds with their stupid remake,now they're gonna go and do the same thing with this movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a classic film. Very good. Keanu Reeves is in talks. Thoughts? Opinions?

Good movie to remake; as it's been 50+ years, it's time for a remake.

Bad news is, Keanu, dude can't act worth a shit, unless he's playing some sort of loser and/or stoner, i.e. Bill & Ted's..., I love you to death.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Robtard
Good movie to remake; as it's been 50+ years, it's time for a remake.

Bad news is, Keanu, dude can't act worth a shit, unless he's playing some sort of loser and/or stoner, i.e. Bill & Ted's..., I love you to death.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

I love this movie. To re do would be a bad thing. Since they though, getting Reeves is a mistake, they should look for someone else.

Robtard
I love this movie. To re do would be a bad thing. Since they though, getting Reeves is a mistake, they should look for someone else.

I don't think "redos" are intrinsically a bad thing, as the original is, well, original and not affected. My problem with redos, is when they do them too early, let a movie age 30, 40, 50+ years before it's revamped.

Mr Parker
No leave sci fi classics alone dammit. mad

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Mr Parker
No leave sci fi classics alone dammit. mad What is there to lose by remaking an old film? Like Robtard said, the original remains as good as it always was no matter how the newer version turns out.

Robtard
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
What is there to lose by remaking an old film? Like Robtard said, the original remains as good as it always was no matter how the newer version turns out.

...and as "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" showed us, a less-than-exciting redo will make 'you' appreciate the original all that more.

Claude_Rains
I can't believe they are remaking a classic like this one. Has Hollywood run out of good ideas?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Claude_Rains
I can't believe they are remaking a classic like this one. Has Hollywood run out of good ideas?

Yes they have.

kodak
hmm a Redo of a classic, Im kinda glad, This way i can sit around and watch another WANNABE great hollywood Remake.

Why, i can see the Tag lines now.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still, Now in 3D, with Giant Lazers, and Sharks, And Bad Acting at its Best!"

"The Day the Earth Stood Still... Again!, More Earth, More Still, More Budget, More Story, More Hype, More Shitty Remakes!"

laughing

ok, on a Serious note, The Day the Earth Stood Still is a Classic, Its being Remade, Try as hard as they might, its not going to be as good as the Classic, So why not let them remake it, they have to much money anyway, why not let them waste it.

Next Week on" Movie Remake Madness", 2001: A Space Odyssey.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
ok, on a Serious note, The Day the Earth Stood Still is a Classic, Its being Remade, Try as hard as they might, its not going to be as good as the Classic, So why not let them remake it, they have to much money anyway, why not let them waste it.

Next Week on" Movie Remake Madness", 2001: A Space Odyssey.

This is true.

Darth Vicious
I also agree that remakes aint a bad thing and even though I like Keanu, I dont see him pulling off the character.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr Parker
exactly,they already ruined war of the worlds with their stupid remake,

Not to mention both films still did'nt get the setting right, Its set in England not America.

MildPossession
Well in that case let's remake every single old film then...

kodak
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well in that case let's remake every single old film then... i call Plan 9 from Outer Space Remake!

Robtard
Well in that case let's remake every single old film then...

I said "good movie to remake", the qualifier being "good" (as I see the film). Unless of course, you think "every single old film" is good?

Comprehension is fundamental.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by kodak
i call Plan 9 from Outer Space Remake!

That was a cheesy film. So a remake may work.

kodak
That was a cheesy film. So a remake may work. it may have been cheesy, but you gotta admit you liked it.

or i should remake "This Island Earth", What a classic....

Robtard
That was a cheesy film. So a remake may work.

The only think that made Ed Wood films watchable, was Ed Wood.

kodak
The only think that made Ed Wood films watchable, was Ed Wood. would you say that for "The Sinister Urge"?

Robtard
would you say that for "The Sinister Urge"?

I haven't seen that one, it's on my Netflix, so I eventually will.

Does it include dialogue that has little or nothing to do with the film's plot? Bad acting? Long scenes that don't go anywhere? Blatant production flaws, like seeing he cameraman, equipment and/or crew)? Comically insane subplots?

If so, then "yes"?

kodak
I haven't seen that one, it's on my Netflix, so I eventually will.

Does it include dialogue that has little or nothing to do with the film's plot? Bad acting? Long scenes that don't go anywhere? Blatant production flaws, like seeing he cameraman, equipment and/or crew)? Comically insane subplots?

If so, then "yes"? i've only seen it when it was on MST3K. So i cant really answer those as i was too busy laughing on the floor.

Robtard
i've only seen it when it was on MST3K. So i cant really answer those as i was too busy laughing on the floor.

That's a "yes" then, MST3K wouldn't do it otherwise.

I've yet to see it, but I've heard the MST3K version of a movie called "Manos: Hands of Fate" is hilarious.

kodak
That's a "yes" then, MST3K wouldn't do it otherwise.

I've yet to see it, but I've heard the MST3K version of a movie called "Manos: Hands of Fate" is hilarious. I dont believe i've seen that one.

Robtard
I dont believe i've seen that one.

If you have Netflix, they have a huge selection of MST movies.

MildPossession
Seriously, if a film is excellent, why does it need to be remade. No matter how old it is.

The Reeves thing has killed it for me though.

Oh and Plan 9 doesn't need a remake, it's a masterpiece...

Robtard
Seriously, if a film is excellent, why does it need to be remade. No matter how old it is.

The Reeves thing has killed it for me though.

Oh and Plan 9 doesn't need a remake, it's a masterpiece...

I didn't say it needed to be remade, only that it's a good movie; so its a good story-base to use. Also, like I said before, a remake will not change the original, the original will remain as it is and has been.

Cory Chaos

No.

kodak
I didn't say it needed to be remade, only that it's a good movie; so its a good story-base to use. Also, like I said before, a remake will not change the original, the original will remain as it is and has been. how true it is.

Originally posted by Cory Chaos
No. You didnt like it, or you wouldnt want it Remade?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
it may have been cheesy, but you gotta admit you liked it.

I was very young when I first saw it. It wasn't bad.

kodak
I was very young when I first saw it. It wasn't bad. ive seen it with and without MSK3K:TM over top.
i liked it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.