Sagat v.s. Hayate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/jeremyallen_photo/deuxSagat.jpg

v.s.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Ryunosuke/hayate01l.jpg

Who wins?

Snafu the Great
I'll give the Mugen Tenshin boss credit. He's fast, but he's no match for the Muay Thai Emperor.

NASA
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
I'll give the Mugen Tenshin boss credit. He's fast, but he's no match for the Muay Thai Emperor.

Agreed

Sol Valentine

Can you make a story out of this Snafu?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Can you make a story out of this Snafu?

Let's see...

Getting your ass handed to you by one rampaging relative (i.e. Raidou) is one thing, but getting beaten in one blow by a 7' kickboxer is another story.

While vacationing in Hawaii with Kasumi and Ayane (the former having been allowed to return to the clan) in an attempt to mend the strained relationship between the trio, Hayate encountered Sagat.

(from my Ayane vs Sagat thread...)

Hayate, Kasumi and Ayane look up at the mountain of muscle which is the bald, one-eyed, seven-foot-three, 300 pound Emperor of Muay Thai, Sagat.

Sagat's one eye looks down at Hayate. "Let me guess...you came for a match?"

Sagat was in Hawaii to meditate and reflect on his career as a kickboxer.

Hayate charged in. "You know what they say. 'The bigger they are...'"

"Tiger...Crush!"

Knee meets face as Hayate is KO'ed before he hits the ground.

Kasumi winced. "The more bones they break?"

When Hayate came to, he found out that Ayane challenged and was defeated by Sagat. Kasumi was the smart one and decided not to challenge him.

Three months later, Hayate receives word that Sagat is in Japan, looking for the man who shared the same first name as Ryu Hayabusa.

Sagat is in Tokyo competing in a tournament when Hayate shows up before the final match. Sagat has found Ryu, but Ryu wasn't competing, due to a training accident which left his arm in a sling.

Not one to attack an already-injured man, the former Shitennou will have to settle with Hayate.

Sol Valentine
Damn. Thanks.

Snafu the Great
Damn. Thanks.

No problem.

NASA
dude your intros kick ass!

Sado22
Hayate is a pvssy. Sagat beats him to death with a TIGER COCK!

Sado-sama
Not so sure. We have someone who pointed out Sagat being overrated long ago, now we have the same person saying he wins despite said character having no showings except an insignificant few. Hayate has the H2H showings surpassing Sagat, who has...little to none. Hayate's H2H showings (DOA3 intro and DOA2 Ultimate intro showing Hayate's Torn Sky Blast). In the DOA3 intro he was shown disabling soldiers with single chops (shows Hayate's knowledge of weak spots on the human body) whilst being invisible. In his DOA4 ending he was shown getting to multiple spots in a matter of split seconds while slaying a swat team..he's got teleportation, is a master of ninjutsu and karate, and fends off against machine gun-wielding soldiers on a basis...alas:

1. H2H (using LATEST versions of each character and not Hayate before DOA1) Hayate 56% due to his latest skills and experience as well as improvement overall.

2. Hayate armed (with weapons he had in DOA4, katana, shurikens and military bows and arrows) wtfpwns Sagat without an explanation needed.

Yoshi Paradise
Let's see...

Getting your ass handed to you by one rampaging relative (i.e. Raidou) is one thing, but getting beaten in one blow by a 7' kickboxer is another story.

While vacationing in Hawaii with Kasumi and Ayane (the former having been allowed to return to the clan) in an attempt to mend the strained relationship between the trio, Hayate encountered Sagat.

(from my Ayane vs Sagat thread...)

Hayate, Kasumi and Ayane look up at the mountain of muscle which is the bald, one-eyed, seven-foot-three, 300 pound Emperor of Muay Thai, Sagat.

Sagat's one eye looks down at Hayate. "Let me guess...you came for a match?"

Sagat was in Hawaii to meditate and reflect on his career as a kickboxer.

Hayate charged in. "You know what they say. 'The bigger they are...'"

"Tiger...Crush!"

Knee meets face as Hayate is KO'ed before he hits the ground.

Kasumi winced. "The more bones they break?"

When Hayate came to, he found out that Ayane challenged and was defeated by Sagat. Kasumi was the smart one and decided not to challenge him.

Three months later, Hayate receives word that Sagat is in Japan, looking for the man who shared the same first name as Ryu Hayabusa.

Sagat is in Tokyo competing in a tournament when Hayate shows up before the final match. Sagat has found Ryu, but Ryu wasn't competing, due to a training accident which left his arm in a sling.

Not one to attack an already-injured man, the former Shitennou will have to settle with Hayate.

That's a nice intro.

Anyway, Sagat would win this.

Sol Valentine
How? Like WF said, Sagat lacks enough feats, and in the DOA2 intro, His Torn Sky Blast was enough to destroy the DOATEC building, he also had enough speed to speedblitz and chop down those soldiers that were in his way, he has powerful ninjutsu, and teleportation skills.

But I still give the strength category to Sagat though.

Csdabest
Yeah. I was wondering the same. Hayate takes this 6/10. He is faster and a better fighter than Sagat. Also His counters are crazy.

Wandering Flame
How? Like WF said, Sagat lacks enough feats, and in the DOA2 intro, His Torn Sky Blast was enough to destroy the DOATEC building, he also had enough speed to speedblitz and chop down those soldiers that were in his way, he has powerful ninjutsu, and teleportation skills.

But I still give the strength category to Sagat though. About destroying the DOATEC building, Hayate didn't do that. That's Ayane's feat in DOA4.

In the DOA2 intro (showing the events before the FIRST DOA tournament), he was overpowered by Raidou who copied the Torn Sky Blast (he can copy nearly any technique) and Raidou has feats surpassing Sagat nonetheless.

Hayate didn't speedblitz the soldiers he chopped (DOA3 intro). Instead he disabled them while being invisible (first soldier he was shown disabling happened when he was invisible).rw0Knh0XYh4---

He speedblitzed the soldiers he killed in his DOA4 ending.GrPynDcls9UAnd that's why Sagat against an armed Hayate is a mismatch of colossal proportions. erm

Sagat doesn't have the showings that should put him above Hayate in H2H. Come to think of it I don't think Sagat has any strength showings.

Edit: Sagat gets torn a scar 5 times deeper, this time in his ass.

Sol Valentine
Nice Sig and Avy, you're like another person.

Wandering Flame
*Makes a response to that in off-topic thread* 313

Sol Valentine

Ozone
Originally posted by Sado22
Sagat beats him to death with a TIGER COCK!

laughing out loud That would be his finishing move.

Wandering Flame
Tiger cock against a katana would hurt. sick

Your G.O.D
Snafu, yo sig cool yo...real nice.

Sado22
LOL at snafu's sig. it looks like Akuma just raped ryu. i guess living in a cave all by himself has finally gotten to the old coot.

Blax_Hydralisk
I say Sagat wins.. simply because I'm a Sagat fanboy.

smile

Ozone
Sagat is one of my favorite characters, but I'm not a fanboy like you.

Anyway, Sagat would win this fight with ease.

Wandering Flame
Ironic how not one person who stated Sagat would win gave reason and backed it up.

Sado22
I SAID TIGER COCK! mad

Wandering Flame
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon2.gif

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Ironic how not one person who stated Sagat would win gave reason and backed it up.

Because he's muthafvckin' Sagat.

Hayate, as good as he is, is no match for the Emperor. Sagat does got some speed on him (i.e., T. Blow, T. Crush, T. Raid and T. Genocide/Destroyer) and he's been fighting ever since Hayate was in diapers.

Aside from losing to Ryu (in a Dark Hadou outburst), Adon (who he could have beaten, but was pissed at Ryu) and Dan (in which Sagat threw the match), Sagat has a better win streak than Hayate as well.

Wandering Flame
- I don't care who he is.

- So because he's got some speed and since he's been fighting ever since Hayate was an infant despite of there being no proof of difference in timeline between the Street Fighter and DOA verse, he's way above Hayate? Sure.

- A better winning streak proves nothing, also. Heihachi had a better winning streak than Kazuya in Tekken 1, and lost to Kazuya. erm

Frankly I choose winners based on showings. What showings does Sagat have besides having some moves and being tall and muscular?

Csdabest
Hayate Shuts down Sagat with ease. Speed Blits for the win.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Csdabest
Hayate Shuts down Sagat with ease. Speed Blits for the win. Until proven otherwise, correct.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Ozone
Sagat is one of my favorite characters, but I'm not a fanboy like you.

Okay..

crylaugh Epic fail.

Yoshi Paradise
How is he an "epic fail" when he didn't even contradict himself?

Wandering Flame
More like showed that he's a hypocrite, calling one person a Sagat fanboy yet just like the "fanboy" stated Sagat wins without backing himself up with feats/showings/etc.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, he didn't admit that he was a Sagat fanboy.

He might have some reasons, but didn't share it with us.

Blax_Hydralisk
That could be a form of fanboyism.

He simply stated "Well I like Sagat alot lolololololol he wins this with utter ease. After stating that I was a fanboy erm

Wandering Flame
For the record, after assuming that this was an H2H match, I said it would be close to 50/50, but nonetheless not in Sagat's favor due to Hayate's more (and superior) showings.

Blax_Hydralisk
'eff your showings noobcakes.

Wandering Flame
weep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.