Tekken: The live action movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Dwight Little has been set to direct "Tekken," a futuristic martial arts actioner based on the bestselling Japanese vidgame from Namco. "The film plays out as a science fiction story set in the near future, about a rebel who rises up against the Tekken Corp.

kmc.com

Sounds interesting. Absolutely loved the games. Won a local Tekken 2, month long, cash tournament that crowned me the king of the game for a month.

But we'll see. These things always turn out messed up. Meaning when video games become movies.

T.M
I hope it doesn't get messed up like the piece of crap that was the live action Street Fighter.

Impediment
The Tekken anime film was very medicore, in my opinion.

The movie will probably be as such.

T.M
I never saw the anime.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Dwight Little has been set to direct "Tekken," a futuristic martial arts actioner based on the bestselling Japanese vidgame from Namco. "The film plays out as a science fiction story set in the near future, about a rebel who rises up against the Tekken Corp.

kmc.com

Sounds interesting. Absolutely loved the games. Won a local Tekken 2, month long, cash tournament that crowned me the king of the game for a month.

But we'll see. These things always turn out messed up. Meaning when video games become movies.

I was going to do this thread.. I love playing the game and I like the anime. In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who Little gets to play the roles.

tabby999
Any word on whos playing who yet?

FistOfThe North
I haven't heard any word on casting. I have fantasy casted just for kicks and I know it won't happen but i thought Tom Cruise would be Kazuya Mishima.

And Jackie Chan would be Lei Wulong (druken fighter) since the character was based offf him anyway.

Law would be the dude who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon"

Zhang Ziyi would be Jun Kazama

Eve Mendez as (Native American) Julia Chang

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I haven't heard any word on casting. I have fantasy casted just for kicks and I know it won't happen but i thought Tom Cruise would be Kazuya Mishima.

And Jackie Chan would be Lei Wulong (druken fighter) since the character was based offf him anyway.

Law would be the dude who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon"

Zhang Ziyi would be Jun Kazama

Eve Mendez as (Native American) Julia Chang Tom Cruise as Kazuya? crylaugh

Zhang Ziyi as Jun. yes

tabby999
It'll sound ignorant of the games series but a quick question: did Bryan Fury come into the series in the 2nd game or was he in the original too?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by tabby999
It'll sound ignorant of the games series but a quick question: did Bryan Fury come into the series in the 2nd game or was he in the original too? I believe Bryan Fury was introduced in Tekken 3, which was the best game of the series.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
.....Tekken 3, which was the best game of the series.

w00t

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by InnerRise
w00t

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... and I can see that chick in your avy playing Ling Xiaoyu...or whatever her name is.

Mairuzu
Yay another DoA!

NASA
This guy should play Eddy Gordo and looks and fights like him IMHO:

QDBnkf-hSjk
XxCb_1hjBz0

That's Lateef Crowder and he's from Brazil and is PERFECT for Eddy! big grin

Rogue Jedi
I wanna see Christie.....OH YES.......

JackieCD
Just hearing it tells me it'll be a crappy movie. Probably worse than Street Fighter.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
and I can see that chick in your avy playing Ling Xiaoyu...or whatever her name is. Ling Xiaoyu just happens to be my favorite character.

No argument here.

When I we were younger, my sister and I would pronounce her name as "Who Are You."

We knew it was wrong, but it sounded close enough for us.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

mr.smiley
Is Uwe Bowell going to direct it?
Please tell me he is!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ling Xiaoyu just happens to be my favorite character.

No argument here.

When I we were younger, my sister and I would pronounce her name as "Who Are You."

We knew it was wrong, but it sounded close enough for us.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... her moves arent that powerful, but if you learn her combos and throws, MAN you can wreck shop with her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.