Bioware's Next Project?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Okay, it's up for grabs. What do you think it will be the next RPG coming out from Bioware?

Today Kotaku spread rumors that Jade Empire 2 is coming soon.

@st
- I think its Mass Effect, which Im all for.

- I wish it was KotOR, and not that rumorred MMO crap.

- I hope its not Jade Empire, I didnt like that one.

- EA= Evil Arts indeed. laughing out loud Anyone else expecting armor you can buy with real money in the next Mass Effect? roll eyes (sarcastic)

WrathfulDwarf
I was going to make it Evil Assh0les but is best to keep it clean. stick out tongue

Callan
I would really rather see them get to work on a new Knights of the Old Republic or a sequel to Mass Effect than another Jade Empire. JE was entertaining in its own right, but it doesn't really stack up to KotOR or Mass Effect. Though, if they really are going to produce JEII, I hope they fix the combat system. messed

@st
As long as EA goes the Burnout route and just lets the developers make the game, and stick there name on it and fund it a bit, I will have no problem with them.

Morridini
Well if I remember correctly a Mass Effect 2 shall be released in 2008, possibly one year between each release.

But what I would want would be KOtOR III.
And what about Dragon Age?
Beside the Lucasarts/Bioware union, Mass Effect and the MMO this is the only announced game in production.

Smasandian
I heared it was an MMO project.

I'm pretty sure EA will let Bioware make its game. I think that was the agreement.

BackFire
They probably have teams working on all of those.

Though, I'd imagine Mass Effect 2 will be out first, as they want to get the entire trilogy out and done on the 360.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Okay, it's up for grabs. What do you think it will be the next RPG coming out from Bioware?

Today Kotaku spread rumors that Jade Empire 2 is coming soon.

Well according to Bioware it will be a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG for the Nintendo DS.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
They probably have teams working on all of those.

Though, I'd imagine Mass Effect 2 will be out first, as they want to get the entire trilogy out and done on the 360.

I think it will probably be very similiar to KOTOR 2. New story, maybe a new gameplay mechanic and fixed problems and viola, new game. Be done in the next year so.

I'm divided. I really liked the game but I dont want to same game. I would like to find out what happens though.

Sol Valentine
Hopefully Jade Empire 2 comes out on the 360.

Morridini
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it will probably be very similiar to KOTOR 2.

Well we don't know KotOR 2 would have turned out if BioWare made it.

But they will obviously fix things that didn't work out too well with ME, like the vehicle controls that a lot of people for some reason have problems with, the fact that the Shotgun gets overpowered very early, and so on.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Callan
, I hope they fix the combat system. messed

I thought jade empire had the funnest combat system. The only problem is that there were only a handful of moves and abilities.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
Well we don't know KotOR 2 would have turned out if BioWare made it.

But they will obviously fix things that didn't work out too well with ME, like the vehicle controls that a lot of people for some reason have problems with, the fact that the Shotgun gets overpowered very early, and so on.

That's not what I meant.

I meant that Bioware would outsource its engine and game to anothe company to construct the sequel for Mass Effect similiar to what they did with KOTOR2 so they can get out as fast as possible.

I dont think they will do that but there is always a chance.

Morridini
Ah like that, no I think they have said it will be a full BioWare project, afte rall they are well n their way with ME 2 and 3, or so I've heard somewhere...

Superboy Prime
They should focus on Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Making yet another SW licensed game after creating such fun, well-thought universe in Mass Effect is a step back IMO. They have creative freedom with ME, god damn it!

Smasandian
There is more than one Bioware division.

They probably have 3 games going on right now.

ESB -1138
Sonic RPG, Dragon Age, and maybe they're working on a third game.

Neo Darkhalen
Perhaps a new game altogether.

WrathfulDwarf
EA officially takes over Bioware today. no expression

@st
RIP Bioware, you will be missed. sad

stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
EA officially takes over Bioware today. no expression

Originally posted by @st

stick out tongue

Nuff said. sad

Really, though, I think EA does a great job with some of their games...no doubt. It may not be that bad of a deal....only time will tell.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by @st

stick out tongue

So will Pandemic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.