KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bioware's Next Project?

Bioware
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
KOTOR III 7 63.64%
Mass Effect sequel 4 36.36%
Jade Empire 2 0 0%
EA = Evil Arts! 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bioware's Next Project?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bioware's next Project?

Okay, it's up for grabs. What do you think it will be the next RPG coming out from Bioware?

Today Kotaku spread rumors that Jade Empire 2 is coming soon.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

- I think its Mass Effect, which Im all for.

- I wish it was KotOR, and not that rumorred MMO crap.

- I hope its not Jade Empire, I didnt like that one.

- EA= Evil Arts indeed. laughing out loud Anyone else expecting armor you can buy with real money in the next Mass Effect? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:48 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I was going to make it Evil Assh0les but is best to keep it clean. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Callan

I would really rather see them get to work on a new Knights of the Old Republic or a sequel to Mass Effect than another Jade Empire. JE was entertaining in its own right, but it doesn't really stack up to KotOR or Mass Effect. Though, if they really are going to produce JEII, I hope they fix the combat system. messed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:51 PM
Callan is currently offline Click here to Send Callan a Private Message Find more posts by Callan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

As long as EA goes the Burnout route and just lets the developers make the game, and stick there name on it and fund it a bit, I will have no problem with them.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:51 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well if I remember correctly a Mass Effect 2 shall be released in 2008, possibly one year between each release.

But what I would want would be KOtOR III.
And what about Dragon Age?
Beside the Lucasarts/Bioware union, Mass Effect and the MMO this is the only announced game in production.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Last edited by Morridini on Dec 31st, 2007 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 06:49 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heared it was an MMO project.

I'm pretty sure EA will let Bioware make its game. I think that was the agreement.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 08:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They probably have teams working on all of those.

Though, I'd imagine Mass Effect 2 will be out first, as they want to get the entire trilogy out and done on the 360.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 08:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Bioware's next Project?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Okay, it's up for grabs. What do you think it will be the next RPG coming out from Bioware?

Today Kotaku spread rumors that Jade Empire 2 is coming soon.

Well according to Bioware it will be a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG for the Nintendo DS.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 09:26 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
They probably have teams working on all of those.

Though, I'd imagine Mass Effect 2 will be out first, as they want to get the entire trilogy out and done on the 360.

I think it will probably be very similiar to KOTOR 2. New story, maybe a new gameplay mechanic and fixed problems and viola, new game. Be done in the next year so.

I'm divided. I really liked the game but I dont want to same game. I would like to find out what happens though.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 09:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Hopefully Jade Empire 2 comes out on the 360.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 10:11 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it will probably be very similiar to KOTOR 2.

Well we don't know KotOR 2 would have turned out if BioWare made it.

But they will obviously fix things that didn't work out too well with ME, like the vehicle controls that a lot of people for some reason have problems with, the fact that the Shotgun gets overpowered very early, and so on.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 10:36 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Callan
, I hope they fix the combat system. messed

I thought jade empire had the funnest combat system. The only problem is that there were only a handful of moves and abilities.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 10:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Morridini
Well we don't know KotOR 2 would have turned out if BioWare made it.

But they will obviously fix things that didn't work out too well with ME, like the vehicle controls that a lot of people for some reason have problems with, the fact that the Shotgun gets overpowered very early, and so on.

That's not what I meant.

I meant that Bioware would outsource its engine and game to anothe company to construct the sequel for Mass Effect similiar to what they did with KOTOR2 so they can get out as fast as possible.

I dont think they will do that but there is always a chance.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 11:46 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ah like that, no I think they have said it will be a full BioWare project, afte rall they are well n their way with ME 2 and 3, or so I've heard somewhere...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 11:49 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They should focus on Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Making yet another SW licensed game after creating such fun, well-thought universe in Mass Effect is a step back IMO. They have creative freedom with ME, god damn it!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:40 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is more than one Bioware division.

They probably have 3 games going on right now.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:05 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sonic RPG, Dragon Age, and maybe they're working on a third game.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:42 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Perhaps a new game altogether.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:52 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

EA officially takes over Bioware today. no expression

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 07:40 PM