Superman Strength Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SupremeMan
I saw this idea on another forum but thought it was a good idea.

For the sake of discussion, we will have a percentage scale in which Superman represents a 100 on the scale. Superman has 100% of Superman's strength, logically enough. I'll give a list of characters and you rate where they stand on the Superman scale. For example, let's say you think Thor has 90% of the strength Superman has. Then he'd be a 90 on the scale. Pretty simple. If you think someone I list is stronger than Superman, just say he's off the scale because you think he is stronger than Superman. This is sheer physical strength, not overall power level or who would win in a fight.

Colossus

Ben Grimm

Black Adam

Wonder Woman

World War Hulk

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength

She-Hulk

Captain Marvel

Mary Marvel

Power Girl

Supergirl

Martian Manhunter

Feel free to add anyone you want and rate them. I left out characters like Sentry and Hyperion as they are Superman clones to begin with.

Gokurules
Originally posted by SupremeMan

For the sake of discussion, we will have a percentage scale in which Superman represents a 100 on the scale. Superman has 100% of Superman's strength, logically enough. I'll give a list of characters and you rate where they stand on the Superman scale. For example, let's say you think Thor has 90% of the strength Superman has. Then he'd be a 90 on the scale. Pretty simple. If you think someone I list is stronger than Superman, just say he's off the scale because you think he is stronger than Superman. This is sheer physical strength, not overall power level or who would win in a fight.

Colossus

Ben Grimm

Black Adam

Wonder Woman

World War Hulk

She-Hulk

Captain Marvel

Mary Marvel

Power Girl

Supergirl

Martian Manhunter

Feel free to add anyone you want and rate them. I left out characters like Sentry and Hyperion as they are Superman clones to begin with.

Goku is much stronger.

Nod
Originally posted by Gokurules
Goku is much stronger. Not allowed and no hes not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

endrict
Originally posted by Gokurules
Goku is much stronger.

Please stop trolling.

strengthkills

Colossus

Ben Grimm

Black Adam

Wonder Woman

World War Hulk

She-Hulk

Captain Marvel

Mary Marvel

Power Girl

Supergirl

Martian Manhunter

Colossus-40

Ben Grimm-42

Black Adam-100

Wonder Woman-91

World War Hulk-130 normally

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength-70

She-Hulk-65

Captain Marvel-100

Mary Marvel-90 never been as impressive as CM and BA but I know she has the power.

Power Girl-79

Supergirl-96

Martian Manhunter-98

Gokurules
Originally posted by endrict
Please stop trolling.

I just like Goku, I named myself after him. He's cool. Who's that in yout picture thingy?

Gecko4lif
Colossus- .03

Ben Grimm- .006

Black Adam- 120

Wonder Woman -80

World War Hulk- .5

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength- .01

She-Hulk- .007

Captain Marvel- 120

Mary Marvel- 40

Power Girl- 90

Supergirl- 60

Martian Manhunter - 70

K-Dog
aaahhh....a Marvel hater. cool

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Colossus- .03

Ben Grimm- .006

Black Adam- 120

Wonder Woman -80

World War Hulk- .5

She-Hulk- .007

Captain Marvel- 120

Mary Marvel- 40

Power Girl- 90

Supergirl- 60

Martian Manhunter - 70

your absolutely right, but thats the main problem with dc characters

Grinning Goku
Since when is The Thing stronger than Colossus? What the f**k??

h1a8
I estimate Superman's average (because it flucuates)non-holding back strength is from 40billion tons (john byrne) to 133 quintillion tons (1/3 of all star Supeman two handed). So the strength of the average holding back Superman is 40%.

Colossus, Ben Grimm, Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm), and She Hulk are all less than 1%

Black Adam-40% (equal to a holding back Supeman)

Wonder Woman-40%

World War Hulk-(as far the the greatest strength he achieved in the series and not his potential) I say 60%

Captain Marvel-40%

Mary Marvel-? (I don't know her very well)

Power Girl-probably 20-30%

Supergirl-60%

Martian Manhunter-30%

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by h1a8
I estimate Superman's average (because it flucuates)non-holding back strength is from 40billion tons (john byrne) to 133 quintillion tons (1/3 of all star Supeman two handed). So the strength of the average holding back Superman is 40%.

Colossus, Ben Grimm, Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm), and She Hulk are all less than 1%

Wonder Woman-40%

World War Hulk-(as far the the greatest strength he achieved in the series and not his potential) I say 60%

Captain Marvel-40%

Supergirl-60%

Martian Manhunter-30%

Finally. Someone who isn't huffing.

Colossus- .03

Ben Grimm- .006

Black Adam- 120

Wonder Woman -80

World War Hulk- .5

She-Hulk- .007

Captain Marvel- 120

Mary Marvel- 40

Power Girl- 90

Supergirl- 60

Martian Manhunter - 70

Black Adam isn't stronger than Superman nor is Captain Marvel. Most of your list fails.

SupremeMan
Answering my own questions

Colossus: According to listed lifting capacity, less than 1%

Ben Grimm: same as above

Black Adam: 100% roughly the same as Superman give or take a little

Wonder Woman: Estimate about 50%

World War Hulk: This one I don't know myself. Just threw it in to see what people thought.

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength: Less than 1%

She-Hulk: same

Captain Marvel: 100% about the same as Superman, possibly slightly less due to underconfidence

Mary Marvel: Theoretically the same as Cap and Black Adam, maybe slightly less

Power Girl: If kryptonian male to female strength is about the same as humans, probably 55%

Supergirl: As a teenaged girl, would probabaly be 30-40%. Rocketship sun boost and early fights made her seem at least close to his level BUT she was also about as strong as Powergirl (inconsistency anyone?). I'll say 50%

Martian Manhunter: Just a guess but 80-90%

Nod

World War Hulk: This one I don't know myself. Just threw it in to see what people thought.

Captain Marvel: 100% about the same as Superman, possibly slightly less due to underconfidence

Power Girl: If kryptonian male to female strength is about the same as humans, probably 55%

Supergirl: As a teenaged girl, would probabaly be 30-40%. Rocketship sun boost and early fights made her seem at least close to his level BUT she was also about as strong as Powergirl (inconsistency anyone?). I'll say 50%

Martian Manhunter: Just a guess but 80-90% durfist

Mindship

Martian Manhunter: Just a guess but 80-90%
Not bad. But since DC characters seem to be about, roughly, 1 billion times stronger than Marvel's (eg, 100 tons to 100 billion tons), saying a character is less than 1%--while technically accurate--still makes him/her seem stronger than they really are.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Mindship
Not bad. But since DC characters seem to be about, roughly, 1 billion times stronger than Marvel's (eg, 100 tons to 100 billion tons), saying a character is less than 1%--while technically accurate--still makes him/her seem stronger than they really are.

Well if your intent was to make me laugh...IT WORKED!!!! big grin

strengthkills
Colossus- .03

Ben Grimm- .006

Black Adam- 120

Wonder Woman -80

World War Hulk- .5

She-Hulk- .007

Captain Marvel- 120

Mary Marvel- 40

Power Girl- 90

Supergirl- 60

Martian Manhunter - 70

eek!

King Kandy
Sorry I don't speak retard.

Larceny
Originally posted by h1a8

Wonder Woman-40%

Captain Marvel-40%

Supergirl-60%

Martian Manhunter-30%

no expression

Batman-Prime
Colossus 30%

Ben Grimm 40%

Black Adam 90%

Wonder Woman 90%

World War Hulk 90%

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength 40%

She-Hulk 30%

Captain Marvel 95%

Mary Marvel 40%

Power Girl 85%

Supergirl 85%

Martian Manhunter 85%

strengthkills
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Colossus 30%

Ben Grimm 40%

Black Adam 90%

Wonder Woman 90%

World War Hulk 90%

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength 40%

She-Hulk 30%

Captain Marvel 95%

Mary Marvel 40%

Power Girl 85%

Supergirl 85%

Martian Manhunter 85%

Like Superman,I presume.

roughrider
This has been done MANY times before. If you want a stroke-fest, just go to the Superman forum.

Larceny
Colossus- 5

Ben Grimm- 3

Black Adam- 100

Wonder Woman- 90

World War Hulk- 70 Base

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength-50 Base

She-Hulk- 10

Captain Marvel-100

Mary Marvel- Currently 100 as she possesses Adam's power

Power Girl- 80

Supergirl-80

Martian Manhunter- 90

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Since when is The Thing stronger than Colossus? What the f**k??

Since Ben rolled out of bed this morning.

wink

SupremeMan

True enough but I didn't want to do the math beyond that.

SupremeMan
True enough but I didn't want to do the math beyond that.

Later, when I've got a few minuites free, I'm going to post a different scale. This last post where Marvel characters were generally less than 1% is based on the official listings of Marvel characters' strength. I think I'll give percentages of what their punching power or actual strength in the comics seems to be.

Inhuman

I see it as...

Marvel Earth < DC Earth
Marvel Cosmics > DC Cosmics

Roughly smile

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Inhuman
I see it as...

Marvel Earth < DC Earth
Marvel Comics > DC Comics

Roughly smile

I have to agree with this, just take the s away from Cosmics^^. I liked DC more when Byrne wrote Superman, it was much more entertaining, now it's another DBZ show with this whole SBP crap. Overpower everything to satisfy the kidz.... At least Marvel seemed inspired by DB too, when I look at WWH or the new Thor stick out tongue.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Since Ben rolled out of bed this morning.

wink If you mean Ben "rolled" (as in he's a fat piece of sh*t) from his bed, then you're right. The guy probably can't even do a single push up.

We've seen Colossus do push ups in his non armored form, so we can safely say he's at least twice stronger than Ben. smokin'

Jokes aside. They're probably quite even in this thread.

Btw, how much would Hercules, Namor & Thor rank in this test?

horrorwolf
some of these estimations in here are pretty funny.

lol Like RR said, a strokefest.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
If you mean Ben "rolled" (as in he's a fat piece of sh*t) from his bed, then you're right. The guy probably can't even do a single push up.

We've seen Colossus do push ups in his non armored form, so we can safely say he's at least twice stronger than Ben. smokin'

Jokes aside. They're probably quite even in this thread.

Btw, how much would Hercules, Namor & Thor rank in this test?

Hey now...

mad

evil face

llagrok
World War Hulk was constantly growing, which one are we going by?
I think there's a pretty big difference between the one that fought the x-men and the one that faced the Sentry.

nimbus006
Heres the thing characters such as Hulk, Superman, and to a certain extent Black Adam, Captain Marvel, and Thor can grow exponentially stronger whether it be through sheer will, rage or via Sundip/enegy absorbtion. Because of this, they can reach strength levels over 1,000 x stronger than rest of these guys. So, the scale that i am giving is going to be relative to everyone's average showings (not pulling/holding tectonic plates together, or moving a planet), with Superman being 100.

If Superman is 100 then these guys should be around:

Colossus- 40

Ben Grimm- 38

Black Adam- 97

Wonder Woman- 90

World War Hulk- 98

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength- 45

She-Hulk- 35

Captain Marvel- 97

Mary Marvel- IDK

Power Girl- 70

Supergirl- 70

Martian Manhunter- 85

Hercules- 50

Namor- 40

Thor- 93

roughrider
Yet characters like Mongul or Solomon Grundy have (at times) been described by DC writers & editors as being stronger than Superman, and when have they picked up anything bigger than a large boulder?
Strength feats are obviously subjective between characters.

scuzz
this thread is a f**king joke, you honestly think wwh has only point five percent of supermans streanght! the strongest version of the hulk and you seriously think superman is 200 times stronger than him???
class 100 means the same in both companies! can lift up to 100 tonns or at least 100 tonns! class 100 in dc does not mean at least 100 million tonns! plenty charactars can lift that (from both sides) but it still starts at 100 tonns

nimbus006
Originally posted by roughrider
Yet characters like Mongul or Solomon Grundy have (at times) been described by DC writers & editors as being stronger than Superman, and when have they picked up anything bigger than a large boulder?

This is very true... there is much inconsistency due to characters having different writers overtime.

llagrok
Originally posted by scuzz
this thread is a f**king joke, you honestly think wwh has only point five percent of supermans streanght! the strongest version of the hulk and you seriously think superman is 200 times stronger than him???
class 100 means the same in both companies! can lift up to 100 tonns or at least 100 tonns! class 100 in dc does not mean at least 100 million tonns! plenty charactars can lift that (from both sides) but it still starts at 100 tonns

There's a huge difference between class 100+ and class 100.

Hulk, Thor, Superman, Hercules, Black Adam.

These are all 100+ guys meaning that they can go anywhere from 100 tons to 100 billion tons.

roughrider
Originally posted by nimbus006
This is very true... there is much inconsistency due to characters having different writers overtime.

I say it's because Superman's greatest strength feats happen when he's flying, and he's using a different power to lift the object rather than strength - extending his TK field to the object, etc. Put him on the ground in a punch-up, and he seems matched quite often by other non-flying powerhouses.

llagrok
Uhm....has Superman gotten tactile TK now?

nimbus006
I say it's because Superman's greatest strength feats happen when he's flying, and he's using a different power to lift the object rather than strength - extending his TK field to the object, etc. Put him on the ground in a punch-up, and he seems matched quite often by other non-flying powerhouses.

You're saying when Superman flies he uses TK rather physical strength to lift objects?

Do you have proof of this being stated on panel?

roughrider
You're saying when Superman flies he uses TK rather physical strength to lift objects?

Do you have proof of this being stated on panel?

It goes back to John Byrne's very first issue of Superman, back in 1986. When he lifts a secret labratory in a house into orbit - he notes how he no longer feels the weight of the property he's carrying, and reasons he flies other objects as he flies himself; strength of will.

It would also explain how one could lift up giant objects like a supertanker, without it collapsing around you. I'd be like picking up a medicine ball using the head of a pin.

psycho gundam
Heres the thing characters such as Hulk, Superman, and to a certain extent Black Adam, Captain Marvel, and Thor can grow exponentially stronger whether it be through sheer will, rage or via Sundip/enegy absorbtion. Because of this, they can reach strength levels over 1,000 x stronger than rest of these guys. So, the scale that i am giving is going to be relative to everyone's average showings (not pulling/holding tectonic plates together, or moving a planet), with Superman being 100.

Colossus- 40

Ben Grimm- 38

Black Adam- 97

Wonder Woman- 90

World War Hulk- 98

She-Hulk- 35

Captain Marvel- 97

Mary Marvel- IDK

Power Girl- 70

Supergirl- 70

Martian Manhunter- 85

Hercules- 50

Namor- 40

Thor- 93 I can stomach this, it isnt too bias. every body knows that the animated dc universe is the better one because dc didn't want to embarrass themselves on tv with dbz powers. only those who buy the comics eat thst shit up. I call you enablers stick out tongue

psycho gundam

Colossus- 40

Ben Grimm- 38

Black Adam- 97

Wonder Woman- 90

World War Hulk- 98

She-Hulk- 35

Captain Marvel- 97

Mary Marvel- IDK

Power Girl- 70

Supergirl- 70

Martian Manhunter- 85

Hercules- 50

Namor- 40

Thor- 93 I can stomach this, it isnt too bias. every body knows that the animated dc universe is the better one because dc didn't want to embarrass themselves on tv with dbz powers. only those who buy the comics eat thst shit up. I call you enablers stick out tongue

jl unlimited = marvel quality

SupremeMan
Originally posted by horrorwolf
some of these estimations in here are pretty funny.

lol Like RR said, a strokefest.

Could be or could be a way of implying how ridiculously overpowered DC is.

Using Superman as the standard just seems appropriate as, outside of cosmic beings, he pretty much is the standard for strength except for maybe the Hulk and with the Hulk, it only works as his strength starts increasing.

One problem is that Marvel is willing to officially quantify their characters, something DC has never been willing to do. But then Marvel tends to ignore the stated limits of the characters at times.

SupremeMan

Colossus- 40

Ben Grimm- 38

Black Adam- 97

Wonder Woman- 90

World War Hulk- 98

She-Hulk- 35

Captain Marvel- 97

Mary Marvel- IDK

Power Girl- 70

Supergirl- 70

Martian Manhunter- 85

Hercules- 50

Namor- 40

Thor- 93

I'd say that, for all practical purposes, this is probably the most realistic one in terms of the strength levels they seem to have when they cross over with each other, including DC/ Marvel crossovers. Not neccesarily official strength levels but what they seem to be in stories.

SupremeMan

Its my opinion that when characters fight each other, their power levels tend to be bent towards the middle by writers in order to make the fight more exciting.

For example, when they were preparing to do the Ultimates, they wanted to be as realistic as possible but one thing the writers admitted they fudged on was the fight scenes. Realistically, you've got a guy that can lift a hundred tons fighting a guy that can lift ten and the guy who is ten times stronger punches the other guy. There's a VERY good chance the guy will be dead right there. Or you've got the Hulk punching Captain America and the shield absorbds 99% of the impact. The remaining 1% would probably still kill him so they fudge to make it a good fight AND to keep characters alive.

That's one reason that its better to go by feats of strength than by fights when evaluating strength or power level. Characters get into fights and seem reasonably close in strength and toughness that, according to feats in their own comics, are at vastly different levels of strength and toughness.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by scuzz

Based on everything I've ever heard, the term means no such thing with DC and isn't even particularly used by DC.

By the way, what are some of World War Hulk's strength feats? I didn't list a percentage for him as he's the one character in this I'm not familiar with.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by llagrok
Uhm....has Superman gotten tactile TK now?

That was from the early Byrne era. As far as I know, it hasn't been invoked or even mentioned in a long time.

SupremeMan
It goes back to John Byrne's very first issue of Superman, back in 1986. When he lifts a secret labratory in a house into orbit - he notes how he no longer feels the weight of the property he's carrying, and reasons he flies other objects as he flies himself; strength of will.

It would also explain how one could lift up giant objects like a supertanker, without it collapsing around you. I'd be like picking up a medicine ball using the head of a pin.

The thing is he had to be able to lift the object first, then it became lighter once he had it in the air. But the thing about not breaking the object should apply to all super strength feats for all characters. TK isn't neccesary to explain his strength any more or less than all super strength characters.

roughrider
The thing is he had to be able to lift the object first, then it became lighter once he had it in the air. But the thing about not breaking the object should apply to all super strength feats for all characters. TK isn't neccesary to explain his strength any more or less than all super strength characters.

Is he lifting it, or is he just invoking his TK field to start his body going upwards, and whatever he's holding onto is going with him?

This wouldn't mean he can lift anything. Like the GLs using their rings, it's concentrated willpower. The bigger the task at hand, the more stressful it becomes for the mind, and he couldn't some things for very long.

roughrider
But the thing about not breaking the object should apply to all super strength feats for all characters. TK isn't neccesary to explain his strength any more or less than all super strength characters.

The thing is, he's flying upwards with it. Hypothetically, one part of a large object has his hands underneath it; every other part of it is being dragged down by gravity. It would escalate until he escaped gravity. It's somewhat different for a grounded powerhouse, who would only lift something as high as their head.

Priest
The Hulk is just as strong as Superman, and potentially stronger.

FearOfBlood
No more KMC, but DKC

Dc bias is strong! laughing eek!

Superman 100
World War Hulk ( handbook says 150 tons)
World Breaker unlimited

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
No more KMC, but DKC

Superman 100

Uhm, can you show me the scan where DC states that Superman has Class 100 Str?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Uhm, can you show me the scan where DC states that Superman has Class 100 Str? No because he never has any proof of anything hes the worst trol in trolling history.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Priest
The Hulk is just as strong as Superman, and potentially stronger.

I know,this is getting horrible.

I need to bring THE CREW in and roughhouse some hos.

iceman24567
Originally posted by strengthkills
Colossus-40

Ben Grimm-42

Black Adam-100

Wonder Woman-91

World War Hulk-130 normally

Classic Green Hulk at normal/ calm) strength-70

She-Hulk-65

Captain Marvel-100

Mary Marvel-90 never been as impressive as CM and BA but I know she has the power.

Power Girl-79

Supergirl-96

Martian Manhunter-98 This would kinda be my list except Power Girl is stronger that Supergirl.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
No more KMC, but DKC

Superman 100
World War Hulk ( handbook says 150 tons)
World Breaker unlimited

Yeah I know. 150 tons versus, oh, quintillions of tons. Same strength. laughing out loud

janus77
Yeah I know. 150 tons versus, oh, quintillions of tons. Same strength. laughing out loud
the thing with that measurement is that, though it sounds good it actually says nothing in regards to their comparative strengths as the limit of Hulk's strength is literally immeasurable by any known science.

so yeah, quintillions is nice, but Hulk would beat that.

Kutulu

Hulk had feats pre-WWH that would put him in the quintillions of tons + strength range, for example holding together the tectonic plates of Sakaaar and stopping them from splitting.

He also has feats that are unquantifiable, but up there in terms of strength needed, such as breaking through TK fields strong enough to move planets, smashing a meteor twice the mass of Earth, breaking the Crimson bands of Cytorrak, etc..

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Kutulu
Hulk had feats pre-WWH that would put him in the quintillions of tons + strength range, for example holding together the tectonic plates of Sakaaar and stopping them from splitting.

He also has feats that are unquantifiable, but up there in terms of strength needed, such as breaking through TK fields strong enough to move planets, smashing a meteor twice the mass of Earth, breaking the Crimson bands of Cytorrak, etc..

Okay, fair enough. Then with that information, the Hulk is potentially in the Superman level and potentially even beyond since he theoretically has no maximum strength.

horrorwolf
Okay, fair enough. Then with that information, the Hulk is potentially in the Superman level and potentially even beyond since he theoretically has no maximum strength.

(Psss...dont say that too loudly, Superman fanboys will flame you.) smile

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kutulu

Correct, but for purposes of this thread i tried to eliminate feats due to amping through will power, rage, or energy absorbtion in order to make a reasonable list to gauge. In reality (using their highest showings), if Superman was 100 and Hulk was a 98 then someone like Colossus would be less than .0000000000000000001 of their (Superman and Hulk) MAX strength (b/c Colossus, im pretty sure has never lifted anything greater then say 150 tons).

nimbus006
Not neccesarily official strength levels but what they seem to be in stories.

Yea thats the measurement i was trying to show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.