Rambo Vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Fight in a jungle

Who wins?

grey fox
Two crazy vietnam vets with hair-trigger tempers and an ungodly fixation with violence ?

Pretty much comes down to weapons.

severance
Rambo took on the entire Russian army in Rambo 3 - with a bow and arrow. Punisher is going down in a ridiculously unrealistic way.

starlock
Me and my friend talk about this...

The way we rationalize it is really simple and rather foolish lol

Rambo has Four movies
Punisher has one(two if we count dolph's version)

Punisher has years of comic book stories
Rambo does not

You decide who wins hehe

complexbrother
I did this one b4 and my awnser is the same . Punisher would unload an army's worth of artillery into the direction of Rambo.

and all missing the mark (Rambo has some sort of anti get shot aura thing going on) and severly wonding Frank with his first shot with a bow & arrow made out of a shoe string and a tree branch, and his only arrow made out of a used chicken bone and leaves.

severance
Originally posted by complexbrother
I did this one b4 and my awnser is the same . Punisher would unload an army's worth of artillery into the direction of Rambo.

and all missing the mark (Rambo has some sort of anti get shot aura thing going on) and severly wonding Frank with his first shot with a bow & arrow made out of a shoe string and a tree branch, and his only arrow made out of a used chicken bone and leaves.

laughing

exactly right

endrict
Bump

SupremeMan
It all depends on whose BS field is bigger. Does Rambo have that aura that turns the Punisher into an incompetent klutz that can't hit the proverbial broad side of the barn with a gunshot?

SupremeMan
Weird Al Yankovic's Rambo parody from the movie, "UHF".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hKQULa9Y

psycho gundam
kinda even fight on paper, but frank fought the russian. that is like all the rambo movies wrapped into one guy.

grey fox
http://i25.tinypic.com/348jbl3.gif

Bump :P

Xplosive
Definitely Rambo.

llagrok
Naw....

Frank beat Wolvie.

severance
John Rambo could beat wolverine. If he cuts him up he'll just get out his sewing kit and patch hiimself up and then scream "You drew first blood"

Entity
First Blood Rambo pwns!

Any Rambo wins but First Blood is the only one that totally pwns Frank's arss. lol
Unless the John Rambo is actually half as good as they've hyped it up to be. Which it almost definitely isn't.

Either way I'm going to check it out this weekend. big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by Entity
First Blood Rambo pwns!

Any Rambo wins but First Blood is the only one that totally pwns Frank's arss. lol
Unless the John Rambo is actually half as good as they've hyped it up to be. Which it almost definitely isn't.

Either way I'm going to check it out this weekend. big grin

Rambo decapitates a guy with either his fists or his knife.

The Movie will rock!

Entity
Originally posted by grey fox
Rambo decapitates a guy with either his fists or his knife.

The Movie will rock! I am pretty giddy to see John turn the torrent on the guy driving the jeep! eek!

Darth Martin
Has anyone seen it?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Has anyone seen it?

I saw it last weekend.....IT ROCKS!! I'm a fan of all of the Rambo films, and besides the first one, this new one is easily the next best one in the series. There's several things about it I really, really liked but I don't want to give any of them away for fear of ruining it for anyone who wasn't seen it yet, but go see it!!! Definately worth the price of admission!

Mr. Slippyfist
Rambo is a 60 year old giant piece of bread dough with muscles under it...

no expression

psycho gundam
the winner is whoever gets the other man in his sights first

Darth Martin
Frank Castle wins. He wears a IIIA kevlar vest with a white skull insignia imprinted on it!

And he carries more weapons. stick out tongue

SpiderGauntlet
Frank Castle wins. He wears a IIIA kevlar vest with a white skull insignia imprinted on it!

And he carries more weapons. stick out tongue

Frank won't hit him. Even at point blank range.

Also in the new movie Rambo kills a couple hundred people evil face.

jgiant
Wat is your guys reasoning for Rambo taking this? Because he is better battling in the jungle? Frank has done three tours in Nam' where he has takin out snipers with an m60 and killed a dozen or more armed vietcong with a broken shovel. Frank has been in constant combat for over 30 years, Rambo has been on and off for about that long, he has a lot of down time which makes him less sharp, and frank encountered opponents that would kill rambo with a glancing blow. Frank has battled people like rambo before and has come out on top, "the monkey" comes to mind who was the vietcong's best sniper.

Darth Martin
John Rambo would piss in his pants when going up agauinst The Russian.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by jgiant
Wat is your guys reasoning for Rambo taking this? Because he is better battling in the jungle? Frank has done three tours in Nam' where he has takin out snipers with an m60 and killed a dozen or more armed vietcong with a broken shovel. Frank has been in constant combat for over 30 years, Rambo has been on and off for about that long, he has a lot of down time which makes him less sharp, and frank encountered opponents that would kill rambo with a glancing blow. Frank has battled people like rambo before and has come out on top, "the monkey" comes to mind who was the vietcong's best sniper.

Because of Rambo's new movie.

And punisher has a good chance.
Rambo probably doesn't actually have a good chance.

Rambo also has his godly bullet missing aura.

And aren't you the guy that thought Punisher could pwn DC earth.

Cap'n Happy
You are all missing the key ingredient for this fight people... it takes place in a jungle! Yeah, Frank cut his teeth in jungle warfare, but John Rambo has freaking LIVED in the jungle for half of his life. In a dark back alley or warehouse, the Punisher has the edge. But Rambo will be stringing a necklace out of Castle's teeth in no time here.
Did you not see Rambo- First Blood, Part Two (hell, he's so tough they were afraid to tell him his movie titles contradict themselves!)- the part where the 'Cong AND the Russians were hunting John in the jungle? He owned them all- hell, Rambo WAS the jungle in that fight, just as he would be against Punisher.
Plus, in the first Rambo movie he easily defeated Brian Denehey (the hick sheriff), and Brian played Willy Lohman in the Broadway play Death of a Salseman- which was written by Arthur Miller. Arthur Miller was married to Marylin Monroe, who slept with President John Kennedy...
I'm not sure where I was going with all this, but Rambo wins. I think.

jgiant
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Because of Rambo's new movie.

And punisher has a good chance.
Rambo probably doesn't actually have a good chance.

Rambo also has his godly bullet missing aura.

And aren't you the guy that thought Punisher could pwn DC earth. I saw his new movie, I am not too impressed. If it wasn't for the .50 cal. machine gun mounted to the jeep and the nuke in the jungle he wouldn't have killed all those guys. Ohh and i have said alot of things in my time on these boards but punisher beating the DC universe is definately not one of them.

Cap'n Happy
John Rambo would piss in his pants when going up agauinst The Russian.

He DID go up against The Russian... in Rambo III. That huge Spetsnaz commando he fought was the original "Russian"... did you see that dude flip that jeep over? The other commandos made wee-wee when he came around... and Rambo cooked him up for lunch (remember, Rambo's been trained to "eat things that would make a billy-goat puke!"wink

At the end of Rambo III, armed with nothing but an assault rifle, a headband, and a torso full of body oil (ok- he also had Col. Trautman with him), John Rambo took on the entire Soviet Army! And won!! Tanks, artillery, attack choppers, all firing at once, all missing! Rambo may be a mutant!

grey fox
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
He DID go up against The Russian... in Rambo III. That huge Spetsnaz commando he fought was the original "Russian"... did you see that dude flip that jeep over? The other commandos made wee-wee when he came around... and Rambo cooked him up for lunch (remember, Rambo's been trained to "eat things that would make a billy-goat puke!"wink

At the end of Rambo III, armed with nothing but an assault rifle, a headband, and a torso full of body oil (ok- he also had Col. Trautman with him), John Rambo took on the entire Soviet Army! And won!! Tanks, artillery, attack choppers, all firing at once, all missing! Rambo may be a mutant!

Rambo is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery distant relative of Domino.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy

At the end of Rambo III, armed with nothing but an assault rifle, a headband, and a torso full of body oil (ok- he also had Col. Trautman with him), John Rambo took on the entire Soviet Army! And won!! Tanks, artillery, attack choppers, all firing at once, all missing! Rambo may be a mutant! .........with the mutant power of having a major aura of bullets not hitting him. shifty

PedroFromHell
You guys need to read Punisher graphic novels such as Born or In the Beggining. The film does NOT count, it is nothing like the Punisher Garth Ennis created in these graphic novels.

Rambo wouldn't win, I'm afraid. I'm a fan of both, but Castle soaked up seven bullets and beat two dozen men to death with a broken M16. He killed 78 only seconds before with an M60 and thousands more in his previous patrols. Probably a thousand men per tour, and there were three of them. He made a pact with the Devil in his third, that counts for a lot.
He continues to brutally mutilate criminals on a daily basis. He wiped out the whole Cesare family in one night. He blew up an island full of mercenaries.
He's racked up kills in the millions. He actually has more special training that Rambo has, and is never in conflict with who he is. He enjoys killing, he only uses his family as an excuse. Killing is what he does. He brings retribution.
He has brought down entire armies, yes, not just one army, but armies, often armed with only a .45 with two spare clips, a sharp knife, a jungle and lots of imagination.

Rambo is very extreme indeed, and it would be a fight of biblical proportions, but in the end, Frank Castle would prevail. Most likely wouldn't kill Rambo, but shake his hand and ask him to help him out ridding the world of filth.

Rambo hestitated when he killed that patrol boat. There is his weakness. Frank Castle never hestitates, he kills at the drop of a hat.

Sado22
well so is Frank actually sad

John Rambo wins. there is no way Frank can beat THIS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-_w2UFrJQ laughing

on a serious note, both of them are veitnam vets.
Frnak has gone there THREE times, leading a platoon and pwning them. while John went there and got caught and returned emotionally scarred.

also Frank's been in action since then. John's only been on and off. this fight will be freaking awesome (especially considering Rambo4 which rocked) but I'll give it to Frank on account of better showing in vietnam AND being in practice since.

i also think John's a bit emotionally vulnerable while Frank isnt. frank's practically didn't even flinch when he shot Micro despite seeing him after several years in volume5. Frank's got the blackhole for a heart.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.