Dante vs Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantevsKratos
I heard the Dante was supposed to be in Soul Calibur 3 but never made the roster so hear is the scenario...

Dante walks in a strange cathedral looking for his fathers sword he heard clanging threw the corridors and a cage came falling down on him he barely made it out of the way he went down the corridor to see to knights fighting when they finished the azure knight was the one standing he looked over at Dante and said "The time is right now you shall become part of me" This knight was also looking for his fathers sword ( I noticed that the Sparda sword looks exactly like soul edge so i made a connection)

ESB -1138
Nightmare pwns

Obsidian Fury
For as long as Dante keeps his distance, he should take this. This is under the assumption that Nightmare has not recently drained the souls of an army.

Jedah Materia
'Pends on what Dante is workin wit in this fight...he could destroy Nightmare or get his thrashed royally.

Dark-Jaxx
Considering that Dante can hit Nightmare multiple times without being hit himself...

ThoraxeRMG
Couldn't Dante speedblitz him? =/

TricksterPriest
Dante wrecks him. He's used to fighting much bigger fish than Nightmare.

DantevsKratos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dante wrecks him. He's used to fighting much bigger fish than Nightmare. well really nightmare could possibly take down mundus as easily as dante if h has taken enough souls down

Dark-Jaxx
Mundus is fail and AIDS. "Lord of Hell" indeed.

Darkstorm Zero
I'll forgo my judgement until I hear what each dude is packing...

Dante with a complete arsenal is a dangerous foe... Nightmare being well fed and his weapon is in a completed state has the potential to transform into something far more powerful...

As I said, I'll withhold my judgement.

DantevsKratos
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'll forgo my judgement until I hear what each dude is packing...

Dante with a complete arsenal is a dangerous foe... Nightmare being well fed and his weapon is in a completed state has the potential to transform into something far more powerful...

As I said, I'll withhold my judgment. each dude is packing w/e u want

Darkstorm Zero
Then it's a stalemate...

Dante's versatility vs Nightmare/Night Terrors extreme level of power...

Heck I'm not even sure Quicksilver will stop a fully strengthened Night Terror, especially in the CSR...

Remi8193
go dante fight the power

Dark-Jaxx
Then it's a stalemate...

Dante's versatility vs Nightmare/Night Terrors extreme level of power...

Heck I'm not even sure Quicksilver will stop a fully strengthened Night Terror, especially in the CSR... Especially since Night Terror has his impressive lack of feats.

legacy92
Nightmare wins with a "Ringout" lmao that would be funny

StyleTime
It's good to see Nightmare/NightTerror is still being overrated. Dante wins.

Darkstorm Zero
If he could kill an immortal in the blink of an eye, there's no reason he can't kill Dante just as easily.

Overrated how? Because you say so? Or because you can't disprove anything that has been mentioned about him? Unless there has been talk of him while I was away.

Lack of feats? You of all people know better than that Jaxx...

Darkstorm Zero
Stupid 15 min edit time, Grrr...

And I would also like to mention that nowhere in my first or second post that I said NM/NT wins...

StyleTime
If he could kill an immortal in the blink of an eye, there's no reason he can't kill Dante just as easily.

Overrated how? Because you say so? Or because you can't disprove anything that has been mentioned about him? Unless there has been talk of him while I was away.

Lack of feats? You of all people know better than that Jaxx...
Sigh...we've had this discussion before comrade. Nightmare, while strong, is a bit more hype than substance. That "killing an immortal" thing is part of what I am talking about. Just like last time...
Stupid 15 min edit time, Grrr...

And I would also like to mention that nowhere in my first or second post that I said NM/NT wins...
Noone said you did.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by StyleTime
Sigh...we've had this discussion before comrade. Nightmare, while strong, is a bit more hype than substance. That "killing an immortal" thing is part of what I am talking about. Just like last time...

Noone said you did.

Err, I've never had a discussion with you reguarding Nightmare, or Night Terror.

And it was Night Terror that did it... Not Nightmare...

Dark-Jaxx

Lack of feats? You of all people know better than that Jaxx... He killed an immortal that had his back turned.

So his only credible feat is the power to kill immortals if they let him.

He is slower than Dante, less durable than Dante, and less versatile than Dante.

All Dante needs is his speed to win.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
He killed an immortal that had his back turned.

So his only credible feat is the power to kill immortals if they let him.

He is slower than Dante, less durable than Dante, and less versatile than Dante.

All Dante needs is his speed to win.

Unconfirmed, how can you assume that Zasalamel had "His Back Turned" from the text? Sounds like you took a really huge liberty there. I could just as easily cite a speedblitz FTW for Night Terror and have it every bit as credible.

Not according to the gameplay and vids... and he's not limited by a Devil Trigger time limit.

Hmm, interesting, especially considering all of the SE experience against speedsters like ninja that hunt demons...

Dark-Jaxx
Unconfirmed, how can you assume that Zasalamel had "His Back Turned" from the text? Sounds like you took a really huge liberty there. I could just as easily cite a speedblitz FTW for Night Terror and have it every bit as credible.

Not according to the gameplay and vids... and he's not limited by a Devil Trigger time limit.

Hmm, interesting, especially considering all of the SE experience against speedsters like ninja that hunt demons... 1. Because he never saw him coming, and he was born right by Zasalemel, it was a cheap shot, oh and Zasalamel has not one feat to rival Dante either.

2. Lol wut? Dante is much faster than NT, that much is fact.

3. Taki doesn't have a single speed feat to even rival Dante. Like, at all. She is weaker by feats as well, and less durable and versatile.

StyleTime
Err, I've never had a discussion with you reguarding Nightmare, or Night Terror.

And it was Night Terror that did it... Not Nightmare...
It was a long time ago. Ashtar was still here. I don't remember who Night Terror was up against, but we did discuss it. It wasn't us exclusively in the discussion though.

I used Nightmare for Night Terror in the same way people used Siegfried when referring to SC2 Nightmare. No reason to get stuck on pedantries like that Darkstorm.

Darkstorm Zero
1. Because he never saw him coming, and he was born right by Zasalemel, it was a cheap shot, oh and Zasalamel has not one feat to rival Dante either.

2. Lol wut? Dante is much faster than NT, that much is fact.

3. Taki doesn't have a single speed feat to even rival Dante. Like, at all. She is weaker by feats as well, and less durable and versatile.

#1: And that translates to "Taken from behind" how? I could just as easily clain NT speedblitzed him...

No feats huh? Immortality, Ancient sorcery, thousands of years experience, power enough to dominate all but the most outrageously powerful...

#2: Yes, Dante is fast, but NT is NO slow moving hulk... your udnerestimating him AGAIN.

#3: Who mentioned Taki? are you saying Taki is slow now? WTF? because of tele, she can be every bit as fast as Hayabusa... and no feats, no versatility? Your smoking something illegal... it's messin with your mind...shock

It was a long time ago. Ashtar was still here. I don't remember who Night Terror was up against, but we did discuss it. It wasn't us exclusively in the discussion though.

Then it was while I was away...

I used Nightmare for Night Terror in the same way people used Siegfried when referring to SC2 Nightmare. No reason to get stuck on pedantries like that Darkstorm.

Pedantries? they arn't even in the same league... Similar fighting styles, but 2 entirely different level's of power and ability... you can't mix the two that way...

What you did was essentially compare Nightmare to Dante, completely ignoring the vast difference in power bitween Nightmare and Night Terror...

StyleTime
Then it was while I was away...

Pedantries? they arn't even in the same league... Similar fighting styles, but 2 entirely different level's of power and ability... you can't mix the two that way...

What you did was essentially compare Nightmare to Dante, completely ignoring the vast difference in power bitween Nightmare and Night Terror...
You were there along with Emp. He was going through like 40 name changes at the time though.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=457445&pagenumber=2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=458256&pagenumber=3

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=457819&pagenumber=2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456355& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Night+Terror%29+forumid%3
A85

In any case, this argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant, so I'll drop it and concede the Night Terror/ Nightmare thing as well.

#1: And that translates to "Taken from behind" how? I could just as easily clain NT speedblitzed him...

No feats huh? Immortality, Ancient sorcery, thousands of years experience, power enough to dominate all but the most outrageously powerful...

#2: Yes, Dante is fast, but NT is NO slow moving hulk... your udnerestimating him AGAIN.

#3: Who mentioned Taki? are you saying Taki is slow now? WTF? because of tele, she can be every bit as fast as Hayabusa... and no feats, no versatility? Your smoking something illegal... it's messin with your mind...shock
I don't think Zasalamel's back being turned has any bearing on this. Night Terror could have killed him either way I'd reckon. However, I must say again that killing an immortal doesn't really mean anything here. It doesn't mean anything in most of the fights Night Terror is put in on the boards.

Only two of those truly qualify as "feats". Only one of them even matters.(Experience)

Night Terror may not be a snail, but is he really fast enough for Dante?

I haven't been on Soul Caliber in a little bit, but Taki's teleport is nowhere near as battle handy as any of the DOA ninja. Taki has to actually to do hand signs for hers. I am also curious to know of this versatility of which you speak.

Dark-Jaxx

#3: Who mentioned Taki? are you saying Taki is slow now? WTF? because of tele, she can be every bit as fast as Hayabusa... and no feats, no versatility? Your smoking something illegal... it's messin with your mind...shock 1. There was a flash of light and Zasalamel was gone. He never saw him coming. Evidence points to him being taken by surprise.

Immortality doesn't mean jack shit in a fight. Ancient sorcery? Okay he can animate a suit of armor with a soul inhabiting it and give him a sword and...Wait that's about it. Thousands of years experience? Yeah but he hasn't shown to be able to really do anything with his apparent "experience". Power to dominate all? Who has he fought? Ivy? Whoopty friggin doo. Kilik? Once again, has nothing on Dante. In fact, NO ONE in SC does that Zasalamel has fought. SC is a great game with good gameplay and story, but its characters are really lacking in feats.

2. NT is fast in gameplay, sure, but Dante is so much explonentially faster than Night Terror it doesn't matter. I'm not underestimating anyone, Dante by feats is MUCH faster than NT.

3. You did. "Ninja that hunt demons" ring a bell? Taki isn't slow, by SC terms she's fast, but she is still by feats nowhere near as fast as Dante. Hayabusa is slower than Dante too so I really can't see your point. Ryu Hayabusa's only real speed feats are all based on gameplay. No feats to rival Dante. And what versatility does NT have? He can fly, has a big sword, can use melee, and has a laser, that's it.

Darkstorm Zero
1. There was a flash of light and Zasalamel was gone. He never saw him coming. Evidence points to him being taken by surprise.

Immortality doesn't mean jack shit in a fight. Ancient sorcery? Okay he can animate a suit of armor with a soul inhabiting it and give him a sword and...Wait that's about it. Thousands of years experience? Yeah but he hasn't shown to be able to really do anything with his apparent "experience". Power to dominate all? Who has he fought? Ivy? Whoopty friggin doo. Kilik? Once again, has nothing on Dante. In fact, NO ONE in SC does that Zasalamel has fought. SC is a great game with good gameplay and story, but its characters are really lacking in feats.

That still doesn't translate to "Taken from behind" as you said... you made it look like Night Terror simply jammed his sword up Zasalamel's ass... "Flash of light" can easily translate to speedblitz...

We arn't going to turn this into a feat war now, are we jaxx?

2. NT is fast in gameplay, sure, but Dante is so much explonentially faster than Night Terror it doesn't matter. I'm not underestimating anyone, Dante by feats is MUCH faster than NT.

You want to take that road? I can easily claim that Dante can't even touch NT due to omnidirectional attack...

Countered..

3. You did. "Ninja that hunt demons" ring a bell? Taki isn't slow, by SC terms she's fast, but she is still by feats nowhere near as fast as Dante. Hayabusa is slower than Dante too so I really can't see your point. Ryu Hayabusa's only real speed feats are all based on gameplay. No feats to rival Dante. And what versatility does NT have? He can fly, has a big sword, can use melee, and has a laser, that's it.

Actually, I didn't mention her by name stick out tongue

Vs... What can dante do again thats any more versatile? Fire guns? Righto... Bullets and missiles arn't going to do much... not when NT has magical defences... and physical strength stamina and endurance beyond what Dante's fought...

Rascaduanok

Dark-Jaxx
That still doesn't translate to "Taken from behind" as you said... you made it look like Night Terror simply jammed his sword up Zasalamel's ass... "Flash of light" can easily translate to speedblitz...

We arn't going to turn this into a feat war now, are we jaxx?

You want to take that road? I can easily claim that Dante can't even touch NT due to omnidirectional attack...

Countered..

Actually, I didn't mention her by name stick out tongue

Vs... What can dante do again thats any more versatile? Fire guns? Righto... Bullets and missiles arn't going to do much... not when NT has magical defences... and physical strength stamina and endurance beyond what Dante's fought... 1. It translates to taken by surprise or cheap shotted.

Better than turning it into a speculation war. I hate those.

2. I can easily claim Dante can behead NT before NT can move and show actual evidence he can. erm

3. No, but you mentioned her.

Well he has more weapons, powers, and skills. He has an item in DMC4 called Pandora's Box or some shit that does a random effect against an enemy. He can slow down time, let's see NT counter that. He can turn into Sparda Form. Bullets and missiles won't do much? Lol...Prove it. Night Terror and Nightmare have no durability feats to place them above missile tanking. And neither have a healing factor like Dante has. Magical defenses? Since when? His physical strength isn't shown at all, though I would agree he is probably stronger than Dante. Stamina? Sure, I will give you that. Endurance? No, Dante's balance of pure resistance to damage and a healing factor give him this. Beyond what Dante has fought? Dude are you fvckin high? Dante has fought things that by FEATS are much stronger than Night Terror, like his brother Vergil.

Dante wins based on facts and feats.

Rascaduanok

StyleTime

Countered..

Does this attack happen in IV? I haven't yet played that one. If you're talking about III though, that wasn't an attack. It was clearly energy given off during a transformation. He can't just bust out that energy in a Hayabusa wind ninpo fashion.

Classic NES
^
Nightmare didn't transform, though. . .That was Zasamael who was watching the fight. So, it could be seen as an attack.

Darkstorm Zero
Both nightmare and Night Terror can do an omnidirectional attack by pressing A+B, Night Terrors however is absurdly huge...

However, in the end, I guess Night Terror is now Non- Canon, since he never appeared, especially with the apperance of Algol in SC4...

leonheartmm
dante kick his ass. if any1 is unaware, the dante in devil may cry 2, when turned into teh sparda form had two hidden attacks. one caused him to ammit an energy wave which cud kill thre strongest bosses in one go, and be on for quitre some tie, the other was an omnidirectional attack which took off large chunks an anythins on the screen. besides, dante is ona whole another level compared to this guy.

Rascaduanok

StyleTime
Originally posted by Classic NES
^
Nightmare didn't transform, though. . .That was Zasamael who was watching the fight. So, it could be seen as an attack.
It looks like he does it right after he absorbs the souls. I'll watch it again later, but I'm pretty sure that was our Nightmare.
Both nightmare and Night Terror can do an omnidirectional attack by pressing A+B, Night Terrors however is absurdly huge...

However, in the end, I guess Night Terror is now Non- Canon, since he never appeared, especially with the apperance of Algol in SC4...
I stand corrected. I saw it on SCIV. That makes things a little more interesting. I don't think Night Terror can win, but he definitely has a useful attack under his belt.

Dark-Jaxx
...Dude...Dante is fast enough to decapitate Nightmare before he can swing his sword.

Seer Q'Anilia

Hmm, interesting, especially considering all of the SE experience against speedsters like ninja that hunt demons...

None in the Soul Calibur serie can match Dante's speed. None can even come close.

StyleTime
...Dude...Dante is fast enough to decapitate Nightmare before he can swing his sword.
I agree and still think Nightmare looses. I'm just saying it's more interesting now. As in if Dante misses for some reason or is too far away Nightmare could at least land a hit.....before loosing.

DX5
Dante...and I don't think his Devil Trigger is limited outside of gameplay. And no one said this is Dante versus Night Terror in the Chaos Realm, so quicksilver would most likely work on him. Dante has

1. Incredible Speed and reaction time.

2. Teleportation (trickster).

3. An arsenal of weapons including Yamato.

4. Flight in DT, and a healing factor that increases when he's in the form.

And these are things learned from just playing DMC4.

I have SC III. Night Terror is undeniably one of the strongest in the series, and would make this worthy of watching, however as far as we know he is nothing but a profile of text, a beam attack, shockwaves, and sounds like a parasite from Halo.

Oh wait.. embarrasment

I forgot this didn't involve N Terror, but you know who I'm still going for.

DX5
And lastly, wtf @ the poll.

Rascaduanok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.