Capcom is not having a good time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it.

Resident Evil 5 gets announced and a bunch of people think it's racist because you play a white guy shooting zombies that are black. No matter how many times Capcom says it ain't racist, people still think the game is.

Do you gamers think this is ridiculous or what?

People for the love of god, leave Capcom alone! You accuse them for the wrong things. They aren't trying to make a rip off version of a movie (which I may add is crappy(I'm talking about Dawn of the Dead)), and they aren't trying to be racist. mad

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it. Dude...That is ownage of the highest calibur! haermm

NonSensi-Klown
What I find hilarious is that no one cared when you were shooting white zombies in the first few Resident Evil games. No one gave two shits when you were gunning down Spanish villagers. Now it's black people and everyone is throwing a hissy fit.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
ditto. people just need an excuse to throw labels at eachother. as long as you don't go around wearing a white mask and shooting the zombies in RE5.........it aint racist.
what color zombies are supposed to be in africa anyway? and why is shooting white zombies not racist? confused

~Sado

Impediment
A bunch of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton @$$holes just have to have something to b*tch about. Everything's eventual.

Don't worry, though. RE5 will still be a very, very good game.

BackFire
Doubt Capcom gives a shit.

They've got RE5 coming out. With or without controversy that game will be a huge hit. And it looks amazing.

And of course, they've got Street Fighter IV coming out. Which also looks outstanding.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
What I find hilarious is that no one cared when you were shooting white zombies in the first few Resident Evil games. No one gave two shits when you were gunning down Spanish villagers. Now it's black people and everyone is throwing a hissy fit.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8DkSmJDOg

This guy talks about it.

Originally posted by BackFire

They've got RE5 coming out. With or without controversy that game will be a huge hit. And it looks amazing.

And of course, they've got Street Fighter IV coming out. Which also looks outstanding.

Don't forget Megaman 9 as well.

JustFrame
The first time I remember the "racism" issue with Resident Evil 5...I seriously literally could not believe the amount of criticism it received for having black Africans as zombies in this game.

I mean, logically, Africa is dominated by which race above all others? Blacks, and so, it leads me to the understanding that zombies within these villages would be for the most part black.

However, the community of racism seems to take it as a direct insult that their "people" are being made as mindless animals attacking a Caucasian male in this game.

Reading what had converse with Capcom stating that they are not making this a racial issue. However, leave it to people to get offended now a days for the most pointless and I'm afraid to say but it's true...idiotic reasons. Because it is very, very obvious that Capcom did not make this with the intention of it being racist.

Their is no signs in the game saying "White People Diner Only, other colors are not accepted". Signs, nor do we see a horde of Firemen dousing Africans with Fire hoses, nor do we see pointless lynching of them by non-blacks.

Even some of my friends, who themselves are blacks say that they feel embarrassed by how blown out of proportion this has become. They themselves feel that it was in no way racial in any standard, and thought it was going to be an incredible game, however they believe this has just gotten to the point of being ridiculous.

I feel that racism should be judged when it needs to be, but only at the appropriate times with legitimate reasons. However...feeling assaulted when a game makes your race a zombie which has absolutely ZERO reference to any racial issues, is completely garbage.

This has made me realize what these racial problems are now on both sides...racism is very bad, however some people who fight against it are also extremely stupid.

*Pats on Capcom's back* You did absolutely nothing wrong, just stupid people taking things out of proportion doing stupid people things.

Resident Evil 5 will rock, even if it will now be flooded with caucasian zombies in Africa...I know, this doesn't make sense, but it's for real now, either or, RE5 will rock.

EvilTyrant
I'm black myself and can't believe ppl giving Capcom trouble about this. Hate to say it, but I believe my own ppl our wayyyy to sensitive when it comes to this stuff. Some black ppl nit pick anything but overlook other things. Ex. Anyone ever watch some black comedians single out a white person in the crowd and just tear them a new a$$, I always feel bad for em. Now on the other hand if you see the title "Resident Evil 5" then in small print "produced by the Ku Klux Klan" then they got an argument LOL!

Neo Darkhalen
I find it weird that no one complains when your shooting the heads of white zombies or Spanish peasants, but when it becomes entranced Africans then all of a sudden it's racist, it shouldn't really matter what race you are, it's a game it's not like these are real African people, i don't see how race can be an issue....

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dude...That is ownage of the highest calibur! haermm

Does anyone else blame the fighting game for that?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Impediment
A bunch of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton @$$holes just have to have something to b*tch about. Everything's eventual.

Don't worry, though. RE5 will still be a very, very good game.

And yet no one gave two cents when it was white people and spanish people getting mauled down. But make it black people and all of sudden it's racist! If they flipped RE5 around and made you a black person killing white zombies in Britain no one would give a crap.

apoc001
This is crazy. It's like people are coming out and saying, "Okay, if the game involves killing, it has to take place in a country with all races present or none at all. Also, people should only be allowed to kill people of their own race."

This is very much a witch hunt. People watch very closely, and if anything comes up that can be taken as racist in any way, they yell, "Blasphemy!" It's kind of like anti-sexism and gay acceptance. People should just let others say what they mean.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, I am looking forward to seeing this game.

Danny Glover says: "FREE SOUTH AFRICA!"

Vampire Savior
In what way do ya mean "not havin a good time" cuz as far as sales go Capcom is SLAMMIN! (doin great).

And that whole RE5 thing is just stupid. The game takes place in Africa, he's gonna shoot mostly Africans. I bet you it wasn't even an African to touch the subject, prolly Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton or some other American.

A black man might be president and niggas still tryin to find stuff to complain about... a japanese video game is just silly. At least if yur gonna bring up racism have it for somethin serious laughing Cuz this aint gonna stop me from buyin RE games and all this complainin just makes black people look bad.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ESB -1138
And yet no one gave two cents when it was white people and spanish people getting mauled down. But make it black people and all of sudden it's racist! If they flipped RE5 around and made you a black person killing white zombies in Britain no one would give a crap.

Again, very true.

Dark-Jaxx
Guys, stop being racists.

RE5 is obviously made to send a message that killing blacks is okay, and that all blacks are mindless, violent animals. This video game is clearly blaxploitation and should be boycotted.

GenomeFrozener

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thank you, the shit is ridiculous.

Originally posted by BackFire

Don't forget Tatsunoko VS. Capcom.

JustFrame
To stop further future "racial" insults, Capcom should make Resident Evil 6 take place in outer space, with Jill Valentine shooting up Aliens that have been contaminated by the Virus.

They will spit out green slime from their (censored) and they'll make little crackle noises.

Yes...this will the be the only way we won't get any racial issues, however bet on it that some green alien will appear out of nowhere and say that it's a disgrace to their people.

I'm just glad that most of us here, if not, all of us here are on Capcom's side, and Capcom, don't feel bad, when Resident Evil 5 comes out, we'll all be giving you our $$$ anyhow, since 2008, you are just flooding us with all these greatness games (TvC, SF:IV, ST:HD Remix, RE5 etc, etc), so this horrible nightmare will be little but a distant memory.

Solid Durandal
Why is everyone going apeshit now? There was a black cop who looked like Will Smith who died in RE2.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Solid Durandal
Why is everyone going apeshit now? There was a black cop who looked like Will Smith who died in RE2. That's different. Will Smith isn't a real black man. Just ask FOTN.

Nemesis X
How come nobody is complaining about GTAIV? You play a European and you kill a dozen americans so how come people don't think that's racist? I'm just provin a point here.

If it were somehow possible that because of the whole racism situation, Capcom might crumple up RE5 and throw it into the trash bin. If that happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off.

Bardock42
How come nobody is complaining about GTAIV? You play a European and you kill a dozen americans so how come people don't think that's racist? I'm just provin a point here.

If it were somehow possible that because of the whole racism situation, Capcom might crumple up RE5 and throw it into the trash bin. If that happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off. Well, neither European nor American are races, so maybe that's why.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by JustFrame
To stop further future "racial" insults, Capcom should make Resident Evil 6 take place in outer space, with Jill Valentine shooting up Aliens that have been contaminated by the Virus.

They will spit out green slime from their (censored) and they'll make little crackle noises.

Or just make it white people again, no one seems to care about that no expression

If it were somehow possible that because of the whole racism situation, Capcom might crumple up RE5 and throw it into the trash bin. If that happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off.

Just like every series that does not turn a profit...thats the problem with Capcom, they create something, milk it for all it's worth, then when it does not sell they abandon it, Capcom's scared of changing there formula.

Impediment
Capcom is probably having a field day with all of the publicity RE5 is getting because of this tirade.

ESB -1138

Look it's not racist unless it involves black people...I'm sorry "African" Americans.

WrathfulDwarf
When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it.

Resident Evil 5 gets announced and a bunch of people think it's racist because you play a white guy shooting zombies that are black. No matter how many times Capcom says it ain't racist, people still think the game is.

Do you gamers think this is ridiculous or what?

People for the love of god, leave Capcom alone! You accuse them for the wrong things. They aren't trying to make a rip off version of a movie (which I may add is crappy(I'm talking about Dawn of the Dead)), and they aren't trying to be racist. mad

You know what would fuel the fire?

If they make all those blacks people into Africans-Muslims....hoho...that would really be throwing the match in the gas tank.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

If they make all those blacks people into Africans-Muslims....hoho...that would really be throwing the match in the gas tank.

And it turns out that Chris is part of the KKK now that would be a slap in the face with big sweety monkey balls.

Dark-Jaxx
And he kills them by beating them down with a burning cross.

Nemesis X
Most Africans said they would prefer that Resident Evil sticks with the white zombies. Those Afriacns are the racist, not Capcom!

Nemesis X
*Africans

Peach
Is there any reason why this should be separate from the RE5 thread?

Neo Darkhalen
Because the RE5 thread should contain details on the game and upcoming events, this is more about an issue concerning the game, not about the game itself?

and also if things turn nasty you can just close this thread, it would be unfair to bring this into the RE5 thread...especially if it warrants that it may get closed?

Peach
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Because the RE5 thread should contain details on the game and upcoming events, this is more about an issue concerning the game, not about the game itself?

and also if things turn nasty you can just close this thread, it would be unfair to bring this into the RE5 thread...especially if it warrants that it may get closed?

The RE5 thread should contain anything about the game, period. An 'issue' (aka people being stupid about it) still concerns the game itself.

Neo Darkhalen
fair point.

Dark-Jaxx
Only this thread is about Capcom in general, not just RE5.

Nemesis X
This thread is about the people giving Capcom sh**.

I can't believe Romero sued Capcom because one of their games looks like Dawn of the Dead because you have zombies in a mall. Romero is just trying to find an excuse so he can make a quick buck. That guy deserves a beating.

Peach
Only this thread is about Capcom in general, not just RE5.

Except there's been all of, what, three posts about anything other than RE5?

Nemesis X
I guess Capcom gamers are just more furious about RE5 being racist (which is not) more than Capcom being sued because DR looks a little similar to one of Romaero's retarded movies.

@stroFan
Well considering Dead Rising came out two years ago. stick out tongue

Bardock42
I guess Capcom gamers are just more furious about RE5 being racist (which is not) more than Capcom being sued because DR looks a little similar to one of Romaero's retarded movies. A little similar?

Haha.

Neo Darkhalen
I guess Capcom gamers are just more furious about RE5 being racist (which is not) more than Capcom being sued because DR looks a little similar to one of Romaero's retarded movies.

Similar?

haha you mean it is Dawn of the dead, just with a few extra features.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, like being good, whereas Dawn of the Dead was a shitty boring movie, Dead Rising was a good game.

Kazenji
whereas Dawn of the Dead was a shitty boring movie,

IYO

Dark-Jaxx
Exactly. And my opinion is law.

Solid Durandal
Exactly. And my opinion is law.

In that case, DMC wouldn't be selling as good as it does.

Dark-Jaxx
I said DMC is an overrated pile of bearshit. Which it is.

ragesRemorse
I wonder if those people who are biitching and moaning about RE5 being racist will turn their complaints to the customers once RE5 becomes a success.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I wonder if those people who are biitching and moaning about RE5 being racist will turn their complaints to the customers once RE5 becomes a success.

By "those" people you mean Jesse Jackson...yes; yes he will.

ragesRemorse
well, i didn't mean Jesse Jackson in-particular. No one takes him serious. At least not anyone with a brain.

Nemesis X
When an African comes running at you ready to kill you have no choice but to attack back. It's not racism it's called self defense. I'm surprised as heck that nobody complained about Spaniards being slaughtered in RE4 so how should RE5 be different from RE4. This is stupid.

Vampire Savior
Now that you think about it, I can see why SOME (peeps who just have to find somthin racist 'bout er thing) would think it's racist. All the other games have a white person killin white people while this game would be a white person killin Dark people. I suppose they see it that way, but their wrong.

Dark-Jaxx
Well RE4 had a white man killing Spanish people.

Nemesis X
So how come the Spanish aren't pissed? If the Spanish people don't have a problem with RE4, then neither should Africans with RE5.

NonSensi-Klown
Why are so many people reiterating my comment on the first page?

Dark-Jaxx
So how come the Spanish aren't pissed? If the Spanish people don't have a problem with RE4, then neither should Africans with RE5. In all honesty, from my experience blacks tend to be more sensitive on the racial issue than most races.

NonSensi-Klown
The black community is made up of a large majority of oversensitive bitches. My parents already said that if I want this game I have to get the money myself because they won't buy a game hat subconsciously teaches you to think of blacks as blood-thirsty zombies.

no expression

FotN, stay away from my parents, man.

Dark-Jaxx
The black community is made up of a large majority of oversensitive bitches. My parents already said that if I want this game I have to get the money myself because they won't buy a game hat subconsciously teaches you to think of blacks as blood-thirsty zombies. ...Really? no expression

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah. My Mom especially, then she just nagged my Dad into agreeing. He's weak like that.

Dark-Jaxx
You know what you should do?

Piss in their car trunk. 131

NonSensi-Klown
I kicked a dent in the passenger door of his truck a few months ago.

Dark-Jaxx
...Why out of curiosity? laughing out loud

NonSensi-Klown
He kicked me out of the house after I said I was going to beat his ass. laughing out loud

Dark-Jaxx
He kicked you out of the ass?

Dude...HE'S YOUR FATHER!!!!!

NonSensi-Klown
Out of the ass, where'd you get that from? 131

Dark-Jaxx
Too bad there is evidence you edited nigga. 131

He ONLY kicked you out of the house? no expression

Lucky fvcker...

Vampire Savior
You all are disgraces to all of Niggerdum!

Arachnid1

roll eyes (sarcastic) Actually, that's old. I haven't seen anyone claim resident evil is racist for months. People got over that a while ago.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

If they make all those blacks people into Africans-Muslims....hoho...that would really be throwing the match in the gas tank. They were made out to be muslims. Didn't you see the trailer where the dude is screaming about going to "paradise"?

Still, this game is far from racist. After all, there are some white zombies in this (see eminem), and a black protagonist (even if she probably dies before the end of the game). Not to mention that zombies are all just victims.

And japan is almost completely oblivious when it comes to racial issues. They were once blamed of being racist a long time ago, and they basically had no idea what the hell was going on.

NonSensi-Klown
Why re you replying to that two weeks later?

Arachnid1
Why re you replying to that two weeks later? Because I have nothing better to do, at the moment.

Dark-Jaxx
Wanna make a quick buck?

Cause I got sumthin really neat for you to suck.

Arachnid1
tv_horror

Wei Phoenix
Well I'm black, well really I just got revitiligo, the opposite of what Michael Jackson got that lucky bastard and I'm all for RE5. Ethnic cleansing FTW!

Seriously I see no racism in it. In 4 we were killing hispanics and no one said anything, in the 3 before that we were killing white zombies and there was nothing wrong with that. What do you expect? We're in africa now. There is going to be an abundance of black zombies. Its not like this one takes place in compton and you have to kill a bunch of sagging zombies who listen to lil wayne with dreads. Its not like you gotta go to Alabama and kill a bunch of watermelon, fried chicken and cornbread eating zombies. From what I've seen none of the zombies in africa are chucking spears at you and stuff.

Dark-Jaxx
The white revolution is the only solution.

ermm

Wei Phoenix
Amen to that brother. Let's start a revolution. I'll fight till the end or my name ain't Clayton Bigsby!

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well I'm black, well really I just got revitiligo, the opposite of what Michael Jackson got that lucky bastard

Do0o0o0o0o0o0o0o'nt trust them niggaaasss, over thaaaaaaaa!!!

Vampire Savior
So how come the Spanish aren't pissed? If the Spanish people don't have a problem with RE4, then neither should Africans with RE5. They weren't enslaved by the white man...I guess. Blacks aint as sensitive as the media makes them look it's just the suposed "representitives" that get their nickers in a twist.

JustFrame
Although this is a thread about Capcom not having a good time...however even with all of these negative feedbacks that have struck Capcom in recent time, I still feel that they will rebound very strongly.

I mean alot of good things for Capcom coming out soon...

RE5 - Yeah, there has been "racial" issues involving it, however even at the end, 980809824309283094 people are going to buy this game anyways, and Capcom will be raking in all of the rewards and laughing at all of the foolish folks who took the "dark zombie" gig further then it really needed to. However most people would learn to realize that in the end...IT'S A GAME.

SF:IV - Now, it's been how many years since a true release of a Street Fighter game to the True Series? 1998 was the last time with 3rd Strike, and after all of these years later, we finally see Capcom count to 4!

This game is highly, highly anticipated here in the US, and when this game hits console, expect alot of people wanting to get this game. Especially people who are now into their mid 30's and 40's, because when SFII came out, these older generation where in their 20's. SF:IV has memorable faces of the SFII cast, so expect young and old to get into this game. Again, another winner on Capcom's part.

Other mentioned games like DMC4 which came out already, and another anticipated fighting game Tatsunoko vs Capcom which looks to be extremely fun and entertaining to play. I simply say that Capcom's shadow will really be nothing more then a mere memory by the time all of these games are out.

Besides, don't you usually go through catastrophe before the ucatastrophe (Tolkien's notion of a catastrophic event turned into good within an instant) anyhow?

Capcom is making it good in 2008 and going into 2009, I haven't seen this much greatness from Capcom since the 90's.

Nemesis X
Good news: Last month, Capcom won the lawsuit about Dead Rising looking similar to Dawn of the Dead. Maybe now we can hope for a sequel.

NonSensi-Klown
If JustFrame was a chick, I'd totally flirt with him via PM.

Dark-Jaxx
If JustFrame was a chick, I'd totally flirt with him via PM. Pft, no one flirts via PM like me. 131

Nemesis X
Did this whole "RE5 is racist" thing start with some woman blogging about the game?

Nemesis X
I'm gonna LOL so friggin hard it'll kill me if a movie buis files a lawsuit against Capcom for stealing their copyrights to a zombie flick that was set in a casino.

Alan Kyder
What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.