The Word Vs. Thanos with the Heart of the universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Well...who takes this piece of cake.

skyfather
thanos

Knowsbleed33
I'd say the Word since it was essentially the Word that compelled Thanos to find the Heart and use it to correct a flaw.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I'd say the Word since it was essentially the Word that compelled Thanos to find the Heart and use it to correct a flaw. ...

quanchi112
I'd say the Word since it was essentially the Word that compelled Thanos to find the Heart and use it to correct a flaw. The word is a dc concept. no expression

Knowsbleed33
I said essentially. The Word is the Word of God, that idea applies to TOAA as well.

quanchi112
I said essentially. The Word is the Word of God, that idea applies to TOAA as well. No,it doesnt. Not at all. The TOAA is also a real person who gives us the story.

Red Hulk
I said essentially. The Word is the Word of God, that idea applies to TOAA as well.
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1162365292-1162263969848.jpg

Knowsbleed33
So hows does the heart defeat the Word since the Heart is a Marvel concept?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1162365292-1162263969848.jpg laughing out loud

Red Hulk
So hows does the heart defeat the Word since the Heart is a Marvel concept? http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1162399701-faceherecat.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Ouch.

King Kandy
Thanos wins easily, he basically was God.

quanchi112
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1162399701-faceherecat.jpg laughing out loud

fangirl101
The Word wins easily. It is basically God.

guy222
The Word>Presence?

kevdude
Well he would have beaten a Omnipotent Swamp Thing, the thing is did Thanos replace TOAA for a short time? my opinion it looks like it which gives Thanos the W though The Word is right under The Voice in power.

Board Walker
Thanos was god of one universe, the word was throwing around multiversal powers.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Board Walker
Thanos was god of one universe, the word was throwing around multiversal powers. Didn't the God of one universe destroy the omniversal judge of all?

And when was he throwing around these powers?

Board Walker
Didn't the God of one universe destroy the omniversal judge of all?

And when was he throwing around these powers?

well lets see when he went around destroying the pantheon of rocks, waves, spirits, etc.

That the spectre was a like a child compared to the Word, only answering to the voice the word does.

Ah yes, and when he humbled a omnipotent swamp thing.

Where was it stated that Thanos was only in control of exactly 1 universe? In the LT's bio for one ,as well as by marvel themselves that the end series took place soley in the marvel 4321 universe, and nothing more.

kevdude
Thanos was god of one universe, the word was throwing around multiversal powers.

There is a few signs that show that to be true I agree, if it was just 1 universe then The Word stomps him. It seems that Death in that story is above LT as she ends that 1 universe and the M Body of LT within that 1 universe has to die as well and she allows Thanos to live. The End story seems to be all jumbled together somewhat eek!

Red Hulk
well lets see when he went around destroying the pantheon of rocks, waves, spirits, etc.

That the spectre was a like a child compared to the Word, only answering to the voice the word does.

Ah yes, and when he humbled a omnipotent swamp thing.

Where was it stated that Thanos was only in control of exactly 1 universe? In the LT's bio for one ,as well as by marvel themselves that the end series took place soley in the marvel 4321 universe, and nothing more. And you can prove this takes multiversal power?

Following your logic, Thanos in control of one universe beat the Omniversal Judge of all realities, so either way, your comparison fails. no expression

Anyway, I'm just thrown off by your logic is all. Whether or not the Word has shown multiversal powers is irrelevant, as that's evidently not what it takes. I'd just like to see you substantiate something for once.

Board Walker
And you can prove this takes multiversal power?

Following your logic, Thanos in control of one universe beat the Omniversal Judge of all realities, so either way, your comparison fails. no expression

Anyway, I'm just thrown off by your logic is all. Whether or not the Word has shown multiversal powers is irrelevant, as that's evidently not what it takes. I'd just like to see you substantiate something for once.

Its clear that the LT did not die in that universe, but merely a manifestation of him did.

As its in his Bio of that same year, that hes alive and well, and that the events took place soley in the 4321 universe.

Marvel them selves stated it took place in only one universe, it effected nothing outside of it, when all the m bodies in it were destroyed, it didnt effect a single universe outside of it.

That alone shows it was universal.

Red Hulk
Its clear that the LT did not die in that universe, but merely a manifestation of him did.

As its in his Bio of that same year, that hes alive and well, and that the events took place soley in the 4321 universe.

Marvel them selves stated it took place in only one universe, it effected nothing outside of it, when all the m bodies in it were destroyed, it didnt effect a single universe outside of it.

That alone shows it was universal. No it isn't. What's clear however is that Thanos healed everything he did... gee.

Obviously, as Thanos revived everything, and I don't recall a bio ever saying this.

Marvel stated it took place in a universe before the book was released, now it's referenced as canon in Thanos's miniseries. Either way, it's irrelevant as to what universe it took place in as THOTU destroyed LT, and THOTU is being used here.

Well, if we make up facts, then I guess it does.

occultdestroyer
The Word.
An avatar of the Abrahamic God will always be more omnipotent than any artifact or being.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The Word.
An avatar of the Abrahamic God will always be more omnipotent than any artifact or being. Except God...

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Except God...
If Thanos was equal to Abrahamic God, why was there a flaw?
Because he never was God.
Never was and never will.
It was God's will to recreate the omniverse and fix that flaw, and not Thanos'.

Knowsbleed33
Why would God even need Thanos to fix a flaw?

King Kandy
God>Avatar of God.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
If Thanos was equal to Abrahamic God, why was there a flaw?
Because he never was God.
Never was and never will.
It was God's will to recreate the omniverse and fix that flaw, and not Thanos'. Going by your logic... then why was there a flaw in the first place? Before the THOTU episode? Are you suggesting that even TOAA is not equal to the Abrahamic God because there was a flaw?

Knowsbleed33
God>Thanos with the Heart

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Are you suggesting that even TOAA is not equal to the Abrahamic God because there was a flaw?
Yes.
The Presence is actually the Abrahamic God as depicted in comic books.
TOAA is just an avatar of a bunch of writers.

And God >>> comic writers.

Knowsbleed33
Writers>>>Presence

kevdude
I believe hes saying Thanos was not God as he was still using him.. And Know they was not writers that was how they 'saw' TOAA

Board Walker
was pretty obvious thanos wasnt god, as toaa is clearly influencing thanos in the book

King Kandy
Well no duh, TOAA is the writers. They influence him by writing the comics.

occultdestroyer
Writers>>>Presence
erm

You don't read DC comics much?
The Presence is an avatar of God himself.
TOAA is an avatar of HUMAN writers.

The Presence of DC is the Abrahamic God in Bible comics, Brahma in Bhagavad-gita, Satan in Bible comics (Black edition), Yahweh in the Torah, and Allah in the Quran comics.

Knowsbleed33
Presence is a character in a comic.

kevdude
TOAA was seen in Spiderman as a homeless man helping Peter, writers still huh? funny laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by kevdude
TOAA was seen in Spiderman as a homeless man helping Peter, writers still huh? funny laughing out loud That wasn't the only time TOAA has been in a comic.

Red Hulk
TOAA is whatever he wants to be.
He is not the writers because of one time, he is not a homeless man because of one time, he is simply TOAA.

KK the Great...

kevdude
Originally posted by Mindset
That wasn't the only time TOAA has been in a comic.

Really when else?? cool

Red Hulk
KK the Great in comics could be a glass buttplug, and he'd still be KK the Great.

I don't know why people want to switch things around but... meh.

joesdabest1
Thanos 1 shots. The DC hierarchy is weak and has been owned on every level. Total domination.

Knowsbleed33
I knew that's what Joe was going to say.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
The Word wins easily. It is basically God. Thanos was stated as god and has the feats to back it up. When was the word stated as god?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos was stated as god and has the feats to back it up. When was the word stated as god?

John.

Galan007
Well he would have beaten a Omnipotent Swamp Thing the word stated that swamp thing's power at said level rivalled that of the voice itself. you know what's funny about this statement? swamp thing had not yet absorbed the parliament of flames at that point. thus, he was not at his 'max'. just some food for thought. meh.

anyhow, it's hard for me to believe tefe was capable of manifesting abilities that thanos /w/ the heart would be incapable of duplicating - you know, his being omnipotent and all.

thanos ftw.

kevdude
Originally posted by Galan007
the word stated that swamp thing's power at said level rivalled that of the voice itself. you know what's funny about this statement? swamp thing had not yet absorbed the parliament of flames at that point. thus, he was not at his 'max'. just some food for thought. meh.

anyhow, it's hard for me to believe tefe was capable of manifesting abilities that thanos /w/ the heart would be incapable of duplicating - you know, his being omnipotent and all.

thanos ftw.

Yes The Word said that but taken from what The Parliaments said that they 'needed' Tefe for a purpose that she could try to sound like what The Voice himself sounds like, that is the only chance ST had against The Word was for Tefe to intervene. After that he betrayed her and took her out before she could react, to this day Tefe does not trust him..

Btw And I don't remember anywhere that Thanos can sound like The Voice himself.

Galan007
Btw And I don't remember anywhere that Thanos can sound like The Voice himself. correct. i am only speculating that an omnipotent being would be capable of duplicating this power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
John. Comics only.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.