The Best Third Person Shooters ever…

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North

ragesRemorse
Army of Two
Fracture

Freedom Fighters
The original Max Payne
The Suffering
Jedi Outcast
Hitman 2

@stroFan

Morridini
Resident Evil 4
Gears of War

And I don't remember any TPS...

@stroFan
RE4
Max Payne franchise
Everything or Nothing(could be 3rd person action)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by @stroFan
Force Unleashed? ermm

I (re)played and really liked the demo, i had good fun with it, and i think it has great potential with how it plays if the character's upgrades are good, and so far from what i've seen and read and heard about the game, it shouldn't disappoint. I feel confident in it.

Many are saying that it'll compete for G.O.T.Y. already. But we'll have to see.

And and r.remorse reminded me. I forgot but Jedi Knight games, especially "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy", was/is one of the best TPS to come out.

@stroFan
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I (re)played and really liked the demo, i had good fun with it, and i think it has great potential with how it plays if the character's upgrades are good, and so far from what i've seen and read and heard about the game, it shouldn't disappoint. I feel confident in it.

Many are saying that it'll compete for G.O.T.Y. already. But we'll have to see.

And and r.remorse reminded me. I forgot but Jedi Knight games, especially "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy", was/is one of the best TPS to come out.

Force Unleashed isnt a shooter. ermm

As for game of the year, its getting 7's in magazines that have reviewed the game.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by @stroFan
Force Unleashed isnt a shooter. ermm

As for game of the year, its getting 7's in magazines that have reviewed the game.

Well you can shoot (lightning). With people shooting at you, and you can deflect the shot back, and it is in third person view. But i guess we're only talking about the main character shooting actual guns or types of firearm and other forms artillery. So your right, overall.

Scratch T.F.U. from the list,

And 7's? You sure?

jaden101
ghost recon: advanced warrior (as well as the sequel)

i also loved most of the conflict series of games (desert storm, desert storm 2, vietnam and global storm) although denied ops was terrible...they've never been the best games from a technical standpoint...but i always enjoyed them

i must be in a minority that i didn't really like gears of war....it was too short and too predictable...although the berserkers were cool

i also think that jedi games are a bit dubious to classify as TPS...simply cause most of the time you're weilding a lightsabre and using force powers

@stroFan
Well you can shoot (lightning). With people shooting at you, and you can deflect the shot back, and it is in third person view. But i guess we're only talking about the main character shooting actual guns or types of firearm and other forms artillery. So your right, overall.

Scratch T.F.U. from the list,

And 7's? You sure?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933156.asp

The PS3's average is even lower.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jaden101
ghost recon: advanced warrior (as well as the sequel)

i also loved most of the conflict series of games (desert storm, desert storm 2, vietnam and global storm) although denied ops was terrible...they've never been the best games from a technical standpoint...but i always enjoyed them

i must be in a minority that i didn't really like gears of war....it was too short and too predictable...although the berserkers were cool

i also think that jedi games are a bit dubious to classify as TPS...simply cause most of the time you're weilding a lightsabre and using force powers

I always wanted to try out GRAW but always thought it was a Rainbow 6 knock-off. Just with more advanced in-game gadgets. And reviews for it didn't sway me enough, but i may be wrong about the comparison since i've never played the game.

And the Jedi Knight games use firearms heavily. Especially when enemies were at a distance. Melle battles didn't happen all that often unless you were facing a saber wielding boss every once in a while. I'd say i used the lightsaber 50% of the time. I consider it a TPS, without a doubt.

FistOfThe North
When I wrote especially at a distance, it sounded obvious but i mentioned especially cause you can boomerang throw lightsabers significantly far, as well. Just not as far as a shot'll go.

ESB -1138
Resident Evil 4 takes my number one spot followed by Gears of War. And when you used blasters and guns in the Jedi Knight games didn't the camera go into a first-person view as opposed to the third-person view that you had with the lightsaber? That's what it did in Jedi Knight II anyway.

jaden101
When I wrote especially at a distance, it sounded obvious but i mentioned especially cause you can boomerang throw lightsabers significantly far, as well. Just not as far as a shot'll go.

i'm extremely familiar with the jedi knight games but i hardly ever used anything other than the sabre...it was just as easy to deflect shots til you got up close...or use jedi speed to get to the enemy quickly

Mairuzu
Socom 2 online was very fun

Dark-Jaxx
Resident Evil 4.
Gears of War.
Grand Theft Auto 4.

Those three come to mind.

Röland
Socom
Socom 2

@stroFan
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Resident Evil 4.
Gears of War.
Grand Theft Auto 4.

I forgot the GTA games, ill add those, with San Andreas leading that pack.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Resident Evil 4.
Gears of War.
Grand Theft Auto 4.

You've never even played Gears of War. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
You've never even played Gears of War. no expression ...Yeah I have. no expression

I friggin TOLD you I have. erm

Granted I was being an ass hole and saying it was overrated to spite you, but I have played it. no expression

Kazenji
Resident Evil 4
Everything Or Nothing
GTA 3 onwards
Syphon Filter
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill

Jedireaper
Freedom Fighters

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Star Wars: Battlefront I

GTA San Andreas

GTA IV

Splinter Cell: Chaos Thoery

Star Wars: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
Resident Evil 4
Everything Or Nothing
GTA 3 onwards
Syphon Filter
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill

I forgot about syphon filter. That game was the ****, in the day

Kazenji
The games still are the shit these days.........well on the PSP anyway.

Impediment
Resident Evil 4, hands down.

Gears of War is second.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.