Ryu and Terry Bogard VS Shin Akuma and Zangief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

k1Lla441
dont know much about street fighter, but thought this would be a good match up. if you have any questions just ask.

well, other than that, happy debating. smile

Dark-Jaxx
...Why are Zangief and Gouki on the same team? no expression

Zangief is not worthy to clean Gouki's sandals. erm

Kirikaze Fuuma
in my opinion Shin Gouki would be the last man standing.

Dark-Jaxx
Agreed.

Ryu is KINDA on par with Gouki, but once he goes Shin, Ryu will be dead, with Terry not long after.

Sado22
terry defeats all with the power of his heart big grin

Dark-Jaxx
Zangief wins with the power of his chest hair.

Sado22
nah. Shin Akuma starts buying lemons from Terry and Ryu laughing

Vampire Savior
Shin Akuma will solo er body in this fight

Ryu, Terry, Zangief VS Akuma....

I-Drop
Ditto. Ryu gets ready to fight Akuma. Terry pushes him out of the way.
T: It's obvious I'm the strongest so I'm gonna beat this one. You take the hairy guy.
Ryu: No! You don't realize how powerf--
T(interrupting Ryu and walking towards Akuma in a threatening manner): Don't worry about it brother!! I got heart!!
As Ryu turns to fight Zangief, he hears Terry scream out in pain. Akuma has SGS'd Terry. Ryu turns back & sees Terry's limp, bloody body. Akuma has written his insignia on Terry's face in Terry's own blood & disappeared.
R: Shit!
Zangief(big smile on his face): Adios, @sshole
R: WTF? That's Spanish. Shouldn't you be speaking Russian?
Z(Frowns) : Da. I guess I too stupid to enroll in Spanish class @community college, yes? Maybe I should stick to playing chess & drinking the vodka, yes? You are racist, Ryu.(Turns & walks away in disgust
R:Nah. I didn't mean it like that. Come back....

Epilogue
Originally posted by I-Drop
*4 days after the tragic battle w/Gouki. Many of the worlds greatest fighters gather for Terry's funeral.
Sean: This must be hard for you. How you holdin up mane?
Rock(sobbing): I'll get through this. I'll be Ok because I know Terry's up there jobbin' the bosses in heaven*sobs*
Sean:Nah man. That's not how it works.
Rock:Huh?
S: That move he killed Terry with, some call it the Instant Hell Murder. It doesn't just kill you, it sends your soul straight to Hell whether you're a bad person or not. Terry's probably roastin' right now right next to Jerry Falwell.
R:Noooo!*Bursts into tears*
Ken(overhearing the conversation from a few feet away and whispering angrily): Sean! Get the hell over here!!
S:Whassup sensei?
K(still whispering): Shut the f*ck up is whassup mane! You think he wanna hear that shit @his mentor's funeral?!
S:F*ck!! What was I thinking?*smacks himself on the forehead* I'll fix this, Ken
K:You better!

*Sean walks back over to Rock*
S:Heeey man! How's it goin'? You know I was just jokin' about that move sending you to Hell right?
R:You were?*sniffs some snot back in & wipes some tears off his face*
S:Yeah man. Of course. The Instant Hell Murder sends you straight to Heaven.
R:Then why do they call it the Instant Hell Murder?
S: Did I say Instant Hell Murder? What I meant was Instant Happy Funtime Heaven Murder.
R:That's what Akuma does to people?
S: Sure it is. He's a nice guy. Watch this. Hey! Akuma! Whatup!?

*Akuma(Sitting on the other side of the gravesite) looks around & spots Sean & Rock. He's wearing a gray suit w/a red shirt & the collar out scarface style. He's also wearing Terry's hat. He points to it. He grins, points @ them & makes that "click click" noise w/his mouth.*

Sean: See?
Rock:Then what's he doing over there w/Blue Mary?
S:Uhhhhh.....He's consoling her. Yeah! That's it. He's comforting her in her time of need.
*Akuma has his arm around a sobbing Mary. He's still grinning and rubbing her thigh. He silently digs something out of his right pocket.
R:He's gonna stab her?!
*Akuma(w/a Kool-Aid smile) points @Mary a few times & then raises the condom he just pulled out of his pocket into the air w/2 fingers. He confidently nods his head in a "Yes yes yes" fashion.*
S:Not w/a knife
*Rock bursts into tears again.*
Ken (seeing this whole scene & smacking himself in the forehead): Sean you d*ckhead

Sado22
laughing
its probably more like this though:

Terry and Ryu face up Zangief and Akuma
Ryu: show me all you have!
*akuma obliges and sends a 50 hadoukens hurling at ryu and terry from the sky...which miss completely but manage to destroy the small mountain where the fight was to take place. ryu, zangief and terry are reported missing*

One week later. the rematch takes place

Ryu: show me..
Terry: shut the f--k up, dikweed! you want the same thing to happen again!?
Ryu: but the fight is all. its says so in my script
Terry: *reads ryu's script* dude! this script is all f--ked! its got nothing on it except "the fight is all" and "show me all you have". oh and there is this small note that says not to tell you that you're an eunuch.
Ryu: what's a eunuch?
Terry: never mind. so about the script...?
Ryu: well i never got to finish my English for Eunuchs101 course embarrasment
Terry: well, anyway, i'm not I-dope so i wont make fun of english being your second language n' all. well, you do exactly what i do if you want to live through this.
Ryu: but i'm Ryu. I can take on gods and demons and everyone because i'm the true warrior
Terry: who told you that?
Ryu: my master!
Terry: your master? oh, you mean the moron who never won a single fight in his life. how did he get the license to train people anyway?
Ryu: well, he said he only taught special people!
Terry: you mean "special"
Ryu: yeah, "special"
Terry: dude...now listen here. you're 33, you never got laid, you've been wearing the same clothes since SF1 and you never even won one goddamn tourny without throwing a hissyfit. you're not a warrior. you're a loser.
Ryu: oh oh, that's what sagat said to me when he beat me up!
Terry: you should listen to him.
Ryu: no! i'm the true warrior!
Terry: no you're not. they just say that so you don't feel as pathetic as you really are.
Ryu: but no one can do what i do! and i'm on all the posters!
Terry: that's cuz you don't let anyone else come forward!
Ryu: sure i do!
Terry: like who?
Ryu: well....alex was there...
Terry: he WOULD have been there but you threw a tantrum and threatened to slit your wrist on screen if you didn't get to beat him!
Ryu: i'm true warrior damn it! No one can what i do!
Terry: you mean three moves and have a mancrush on his married bestfriend!
Ryu: sad
Terry: okay, cheer up man. if we get through this i'll buy you a hotdog.
Ryu: i don't eat hotdog. I train. the fight is...
Terry: yeah, yeah, shut up already. okay this is how we'll do this. you take on big, bearded russian guy and i'll..
Ryu: but i can take Akuma! i'm the true warrior!
Terry: again with the true warrior! exactly what have you done that makes you true warrior?
Ryu: well i...i...i...won SF1 with a cheapshot, never won a tournament since then, have only fought losers and hobbos, i've had trouble with dark side for most of my career, all my recorded fights are defeats...oh and my strongest move couldn't beat midtier lardass from FF.
Terry: Fatal Fury?
Ryu: no! Final Fight!
Terry: right....okay, if you want to fight akuma you can go ahead.
Ryu: exactly! that's what i'm trying to tell you! i'm a true warrior! i can beat anyone!
Terry: yeah, sure, i mean what's the worse that can happen?
Ryu: exactly. even if he is too much for me i'll just do that thing that blonde guy from Rocky3 did.
Terry: pity the foo? confused
Ryu: NOT HIM! the blonde guy from Rocky3 who fights Rocky! I think i look like him too! don't you think?
Terry: hogan?
Ryu: yes! hogan! i'm hogan! i'll do what he does when he wrestles. I'll just get mauled like how i did in SFA3 but i'll just power up and beat him with one move. it'll be just like when i beat M Bison. btw, don't i look like him a bit?
Terry:....yeah, you do.
Ryu: right! *walks towards akum* now to show these people what a true warrior can really do!

*akuma flicks ryu away like a booger. ryu dies. then Ken starts singing Circle of Jobbing and you see ryu smiling down at Wolverine from the sky*

I-Drop
Okaaaaaaaay. That was......different no expression

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Sado22
laughing

*akuma obliges and sends a 50 hadoukens hurling at ryu and terry from the sky...which miss completely but manage to destroy the small mountain where the fight was to take place. ryu, zangief and terry are reported missing*

Terry: *reads ryu's script* dude! this script is all f--ked! its got nothing on it except "the fight is all" and "show me all you have". oh and there is this small note that says not to tell you that you're an eunuch.
Terry: well, anyway, i'm not I-dope so i wont make fun of english being your second language n' all. well, you do exactly what i do if you want to live through this.
Ryu: but i'm Ryu. I can take on gods and demons and everyone because i'm the true warrior
Terry: your master? oh, you mean the moron who never won a single fight in his life. how did he get the license to train people anyway?
Terry: dude...now listen here. you're 33, you never got laid, you've been wearing the same clothes since SF1 and you never even won one goddamn tourny without throwing a hissyfit. you're not a warrior. you're a loser.
Terry: no you're not. they just say that so you don't feel as pathetic as you really are.
Terry: he WOULD have been there but you threw a tantrum and threatened to slit your wrist on screen if you didn't get to beat him!
Terry: yeah, yeah, shut up already. okay this is how we'll do this. you take on big, bearded russian guy and i'll..
Terry: again with the true warrior! exactly what have you done that makes you true warrior?
Ryu: well i...i...i...won SF1 with a cheapshot, never won a tournament since then, have only fought losers and hobbos, i've had trouble with dark side for most of my career, all my recorded fights are defeats...oh and my strongest move couldn't beat midtier lardass from FF.
Ryu: exactly! that's what i'm trying to tell you! i'm a true warrior! i can beat anyone!
Ryu: exactly. even if he is too much for me i'll just do that thing that blonde guy from Rocky3 did.
Ryu: NOT HIM! the blonde guy from Rocky3 who fights Rocky! I think i look like him too! don't you think?
Ryu: yes! hogan! i'm hogan! i'll do what he does when he wrestles. I'll just get mauled like how i did in SFA3 but i'll just power up and beat him with one move. it'll be just like when i beat M Bison. btw, don't i look like him a bit?
Ryu: right! *walks towards akum* now to show these people what a true warrior can really do!

*akuma flicks ryu away like a booger. ryu dies. then Ken starts singing Circle of Jobbing and you see ryu smiling down at Wolverine from the sky*

laughing laughing laughing

Jayct
Ruy: I have fought over 10 000 matches. I fought Akuma to a standstill, beaten the American Martial Arts champion multiple times, beat up that giant from FFight - yes, the one who has balls the size of two mini coopers. Kicked the crap out of Alex with ease - yes the Street Fighter 3 champion. Destroyed the number 2 Muay Thai fighter in the word before I took out the muay Thai king - yes with a cheapshot, but he deserved it. I also impressed one of the strongest fighters ever enough for him to train me. I survived M Bison's Phsycho Power onslaught. And lastly, in my 10000+ fights I have only 4 or 5 recorded losses, most of them when I let the opponent win of when I was controlled or mind *****d.

Terry: Right, you go and beat him then.

Ryu proceeds to give it his all, goes insane and finally destroys Shin Gouki. Unfortunately, after 10 years, Capcom decides to change the story and we learn that Ryu now barely survived the fight and was about to die when he suddenly took out Gouki with a cheapshot when he threw one of those Mini Coopers on top of him. Ruy is branded with a cheapshot for a second time in his career and retires with his head hanging in shame.

All Ryu haters like most of the people above rejoice as they now have more ammunition to throw against him, right before they go and post on another forum how awesome and unbeatable Cloud is, and how he can destroy a Mini Cooper by only sneazing on it.

NonSensi-Klown
Gouki kills Ryu and Terry Fagard, than kills Zangief for good measure.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Fairy Fagard

Man of Violence
Originally posted by Jayct
Ruy: I have fought over 10 000 matches. I fought Akuma to a standstill, beaten the American Martial Arts champion multiple times, beat up that giant from FFight - yes, the one who has balls the size of two mini coopers. Kicked the crap out of Alex with ease - yes the Street Fighter 3 champion. Destroyed the number 2 Muay Thai fighter in the word before I took out the muay Thai king - yes with a cheapshot, but he deserved it. I also impressed one of the strongest fighters ever enough for him to train me. I survived M Bison's Phsycho Power onslaught. And lastly, in my 10000+ fights I have only 4 or 5 recorded losses, most of them when I let the opponent win of when I was controlled or mind *****d.

Ryu proceeds to give it his all, goes insane and finally destroys Shin Gouki. Unfortunately, after 10 years, Capcom decides to change the story and we learn that Ryu now barely survived the fight and was about to die when he suddenly took out Gouki with a cheapshot when he threw one of those Mini Coopers on top of him. Ruy is branded with a cheapshot for a second time in his career and retires with his head hanging in shame.

All Ryu haters like most of the people above rejoice as they now have more ammunition to throw against him, right before they go and post on another forum how awesome and unbeatable Cloud is, and how he can destroy a Mini Cooper by only sneazing on it. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

aysongail
laughing

big grin big grin laughing You have tallent! Sado your the Best

Dark-Jaxx
Sado is a house nigga.

Blax told me.

P-Geyser
Fawk yawl that make fun of Terry's name.

Dark-Jaxx

All Ryu haters like most of the people above rejoice as they now have more ammunition to throw against him, right before they go and post on another forum how awesome and unbeatable Cloud is, and how he can destroy a Mini Cooper by only sneazing on it. This one was good. Much better than that house nigga Sado's.

Only one problem though.

Ryu will never beat Shin Gouki one on one going by what both can do.

aysongail
If team work is the basis Ryu & Terry would Beat SHin Gouki
If Pride of a fighter is the basis (Ryu & Terry RUns away)

Dark-Jaxx
How?

Shin Gouki is stronger than both combined, at least as fast as Ryu(probably faster), more durable than Terry and probably moreso than Ryu, and is more potent with his attacks and more powerful.

I-Drop
truth

Kirikaze Fuuma
there's a very little chance to win for Ryu and Terry if they fight Shin Gouki.

I-Drop
truth

Sado22
bullsh!t. akuma could barely do any damage in SF4 to the ground. and got smacked away by Hogan's shoryuken. Terry and ryu together would beat him.
stop overrating this motha****a!

Man of Violence
You do know that Ryu is stonger than Terry, so just cuz Ryu's Shoryuken did somethin (a very small somthin) against Akuma don't mean Terry's moves will.

And any boby who isn't a constant SF hater knows that Akuma wasn't at all serious when throwin those Hadoukens in that trailer.

P-Geyser
bullsh!t. akuma could barely do any damage in SF4 to the ground. and got smacked away by Hogan's shoryuken. Terry and ryu together would beat him.
stop overrating this motha****a!

Amen. I am also of always sick of hearing how Ryu is stronger than Terry. So what.

Dark-Jaxx
stop overrating this motha****a! He was not Shin, so was not serious. And...Ryu's Shoryuken barely did shit to him, and Ryu is much stronger than Terry, so your point sucks.

Stop being a biased hater and admit that Gouki could beat anyone in Tekken or you shall be a SF hater and Tekken overrater forever.

I-Drop
truthOriginally posted by P-Geyser
Amen. I am also of always sick of hearing how Ryu is stronger than Terry. So what. You ever notice how you never like to hear that ANYBODY has ANYTHING over Terry? It's never been the amount of energy you put into this. It's the amount of emotion you put in that fuks you up. You still care too much, mane. This shit ain't real. I don't blame you though. I blame the FF writers. You're used to Terry being better than everybody @everything. When somebody is better or is said to be better than him @something it bothers you. I swear, if I ever find those FF writers I'll kick their @sses good for what they've done to you, bloodbroseph.

Darkstorm Zero
I beleive I made a point like this similar to P-Geyser only a few weeks ago.....

P-Geyser
truth You ever notice how you never like to hear that ANYBODY has ANYTHING over Terry? It's never been the amount of energy you put into this. It's the amount of emotion you put in that fuks you up. You still care too much, mane. This shit ain't real. I don't blame you though. I blame the FF writers. You're used to Terry being better than everybody @everything. When somebody is better or is said to be better than him @something it bothers you. I swear, if I ever find those FF writers I'll kick their @sses good for what they've done to you, bloodbroseph.

I know it's not real. Yes I get a lil heated as I have said when it comes to Terry. Though you should see Akuma fans, Kyo fans, Ryu fans protest when someone talks or berates them(and no I am not talking here)

Actually what bothers me, is what Terry is now. I told DSZ that he is nothing more than a slot filler in KOF and FF has been killed. I actually agreed when other characters were said to be better than Terry. For thing I agreed Kratos, Kenshiro,Dante,Akuma,Oro being better than Terry and will shitstomp him.

Though I get mad about Akuma, because as Sado points out he is overrated to death and Wil7 with jack$$ posts don't help either.

I-Drop
Point me to these Ryu, Kyo, etc fans taking it too seriously so I can tell them the same thing.Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I beleive I made a point like this similar to P-Geyser only a few weeks ago..... Yep. Just saw it.

Is it just me or do Hulk Hogan ads keep popping up @the top of the screen when Terry's mentioned? laughing out loud

Man of Violence
How is Akuma overrated? Cuz he can kick mostly er bodies ass cuz he has RIDICULOUS feats and most KOF dudes don't?

It's not like some body made up Akuma killin submarines and islands, dude actually did that shit. Is peeps mad that Capcom did a good job at provin that Akuma is strong?

I-Drop
People just wanna hate on Capcom 'cuz they're on top & they got bosses who actually act like bosses & don't exist for the sole purpose of making the hero look good like the jobbers in FF did for Terry

P-Geyser
Point me to these Ryu, Kyo, etc fans taking it too seriously so I can tell them the same thing. Yep. Just saw it.

Is it just me or do Hulk Hogan ads keep popping up @the top of the screen when Terry's mentioned? laughing out loud

I wish I could. Neogeo.com is the site but the problem is, the mods usually take the old threads down.

I still stand and dont give a goddam f*cking Akuma is f**king overrated.

Sado22
how is ryu stronger than terry back in SF4. the boulder Bs came in SF3, FIVE YEARS LATER.

I-Drop
Originally posted by P-Geyser
I still stand and dont give a goddam f*cking Akuma is f**king overrated. Can somebody please explain how?

Sado22
-people tell us that he can vaporize people with his hadouken, but SF4 vids reveal that he can't do no such thing
-people tell us that he can sink islands by busting tectonic plates, but there is no proof of such things
-people tell us that he can shitstomp the entire tekken cast, despite characters like Jinpachi who are literally a threat to all life on the planet.
-people tell us that he IS a threat to all existence if he so chooses cuz he can do zankou hadoukens from the sky....which SF4 trailer reveals to be a balls cuz not only were the hadoukens barely doing any damage but the fact that the hadoukens were the stronger "incinerating" shakuunetsu hadoukens, only further proves that he CANT do such a thing.
-he's supposed to be strong enough to beat Iori but can't put down an old dying man with lukemia. in fact he loses. while Iori has enough power to neutralize gods and enough potential that surpasses even Goenitz (as mature and vice tell us), he can't beat gouki? balls...
-he can crush meteors ( laughing )
-people tell us that he can beat Goenitz despite him destroying a huge portion of the city with just a glimpse of his power
-people tell us that he can defeat Rugal, who pretty much shitstomps him in their fight only for Akuma to do what he does best: sneak attack and blindside anyone whose actually strong

oh and my personal favorite: people tell us that he can beat the Incredible Hulk ( laughing )

AKUMA SMASH!!!! AKUMA STRONGER THERE IS!!! THE ANGRIER AKUMA GETS THE STRONGER AKUMA GETS!!!! laughing

~Sado
P.S. there is no proof that he wasn't shin during his fight with "pussy hogan" in SF4 intro. like tiamat, myself and everybody else has explained shitakuma and akuma are the same goddamn person! during his training sessions, he's shitakuma. when fighting someone worthy, he's shitakuma.

Dark-Jaxx
Shut up Sado. No one cares about your baseless opinions, assumptions, bias, and SF hate, or the fact that you still try to stroke Jinpachi cause he was a "threat to the planet".

Gouki never hit anyone with a Hadouken in the SF4 vid, and he was fighting Ryu, who is above a normal human in all aspects, so what doesn't vaporize Ryu, would do more damage to someone else. And who said his Hadoukens could disintegrate?

Gouki destroyed the island, he blew it to pieces with a punch. Said feat is>>>>>Anything anyone in Tekken has ever done. Stop dancing around that fact noob.

Jinpachi, who also has no real feats. You can wank that baseless threat to all the life on the planet shit all you want, but until Jinpachi gets a FEAT on par with Gouki he is curbstomped(awaits biased and generally stupid response claiming Jinpachi was a threat to all existence).

Who would stop Gouki if that was his goal? His punches would shatter whole buildings and destroy multiple city blocks, his durability would allow him to tank bullets, his speed would keep him from being hit, seriously. The only thing that might impede his ability to do such a thing is lack of flight.

What feats does he have on Iori's level? Seriously, I EMPLORE you to tell me. smile And said old dying man with leukimia was still strong enough to kill with a slight touch and is so far the ONLY person to survive the Shun Goku no Satsu, but in a typical fashion you ignore the context and actuality of these things for the sake of the debate. And Gouki beat Gen, wtf are you talking about?

Well he only smashed a meteor in a noncanon game, who has said that recently? If no one, shut up.

A city? I was under the impression it was a stadium, not a whole bloomin city. Likely another overhyping of your character. And Gouki destroyed an island with a mountain range with a punch, while not Shin. Whoa.

In their noncanon fight? I expected better of you Sado, can Terry Bogard beat Demitri fvcking Maximov now?

A Shun Goku no Satsu MIGHT work on Hulk, but yeah, Hulk wins at least 9/10.

Other than his hair was not white and his aura was not different? Hell, he didn't even have an aura! no expression

And he no longer considers Ryu worthy.

So shut up.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Shut up Sado. No one cares about your baseless opinions, assumptions, bias, and SF hate, or the fact that you still try to stroke Jinpachi cause he was a "threat to the planet".

Gouki never hit anyone with a Hadouken in the SF4 vid, and he was fighting Ryu, who is above a normal human in all aspects, so what doesn't vaporize Ryu, would do more damage to someone else. And who said his Hadoukens could disintegrate?

Gouki destroyed the island, he blew it to pieces with a punch. Said feat is>>>>>Anything anyone in Tekken has ever done. Stop dancing around that fact noob.

Jinpachi, who also has no real feats. You can wank that baseless threat to all the life on the planet shit all you want, but until Jinpachi gets a FEAT on par with Gouki he is curbstomped(awaits biased and generally stupid response claiming Jinpachi was a threat to all existence).

Who would stop Gouki if that was his goal? His punches would shatter whole buildings and destroy multiple city blocks, his durability would allow him to tank bullets, his speed would keep him from being hit, seriously. The only thing that might impede his ability to do such a thing is lack of flight.

What feats does he have on Iori's level? Seriously, I EMPLORE you to tell me. smile And said old dying man with leukimia was still strong enough to kill with a slight touch and is so far the ONLY person to survive the Shun Goku no Satsu, but in a typical fashion you ignore the context and actuality of these things for the sake of the debate. And Gouki beat Gen, wtf are you talking about?

Well he only smashed a meteor in a noncanon game, who has said that recently? If no one, shut up.

A city? I was under the impression it was a stadium, not a whole bloomin city. Likely another overhyping of your character. And Gouki destroyed an island with a mountain range with a punch, while not Shin. Whoa.

In their noncanon fight? I expected better of you Sado, can Terry Bogard beat Demitri fvcking Maximov now?

A Shun Goku no Satsu MIGHT work on Hulk, but yeah, Hulk wins at least 9/10.

Other than his hair was not white and his aura was not different? Hell, he didn't even have an aura! no expression

And he no longer considers Ryu worthy.

So shut up.

QFT

But I suggest you give it up Jaxx, Sado is relentless and won't listen to a word anyone says because he has his tongue so far up Tiamat's @$$ he can't see the forest for the trees... stick out tongue

PS: j/k

Dark-Jaxx
M-my post was good? cry

Sado22
who told you that i....?!
err....i mean, i don't know what you're talking about embarrasment

the damage done to the ground would tell us then. not only was the damage done after several hadouken barely visible but it was shallow. and need i mention his "aim" laughing out loud

jin wrecked forest. fact.
jinpachi threat to existence. fact.
true ogre trembled the earth with a powerup. fact.

tossed giant boulder, while tied with chains. surived underground for 50 years (who was feeding him considering hachi himself needed to be REMINDED about jinpachi and honmaru in T5)
neither does gen. never stopped you from wanking him. neither does ken too. neither does charlie, guile or chunli no expression
psst....neither does Bison.

lifted giant boulder and tossed it aside like it was a toy T5big grinR intro. caused climatic anamolies (T5 endings).

yes...because could barely do any damage to the freakin gruond. what speed? confused

what?

survived SGS cuz he emptied his soul (whatever the f00k that means). it was his durability but his "power-of-nothingness" that allowed him to do so. otherwise gou-overrated-ki would've killed him in their first encounter. gouki never beat gen. they stalemated, but gen considered it a loss since gouki saw Gen coughin blood. gouki realized he was dying and just left him. SFA3, gen most likely beat gouki and spared him.

time is an illusion big grin

i'll proove it eventually....

SGS won't work on hulk cuz hulk is immune to even immaterial attacks, can see ghostly creatures. and if he is taken to hell, you know what will happen: HULK SMASH!!! *kills all demons and tears akuma a new one*
you're talking about a guy who could bust an asteriod twice the size of earth with a punch and could hold open a black hole.
don't even joke about a-overrated-kuma winning this one.

the SAME person. shinakuma is only an affect for telling the difference INGAME.

? so why is he picking on poor eunuch boy? sad

for a f@g, yes laughing

~Sado

Dark-Jaxx
who told you that i....?!
err....i mean, i don't know what you're talking about embarrasment

the damage done to the ground would tell us then. not only was the damage done after several hadouken barely visible but it was shallow. and need i mention his "aim" laughing out loud

jin wrecked forest. fact.
jinpachi threat to existence. fact.
true ogre trembled the earth with a powerup. fact.

tossed giant boulder, while tied with chains. surived underground for 50 years (who was feeding him considering hachi himself needed to be REMINDED about jinpachi and honmaru in T5)
neither does gen. never stopped you from wanking him. neither does ken too. neither does charlie, guile or chunli no expression
psst....neither does Bison.

lifted giant boulder and tossed it aside like it was a toy T5big grinR intro. caused climatic anamolies (T5 endings).

yes...because could barely do any damage to the freakin gruond. what speed? confused

what?

survived SGS cuz he emptied his soul (whatever the f00k that means). it was his durability but his "power-of-nothingness" that allowed him to do so. otherwise gou-overrated-ki would've killed him in their first encounter. gouki never beat gen. they stalemated, but gen considered it a loss since gouki saw Gen coughin blood. gouki realized he was dying and just left him. SFA3, gen most likely beat gouki and spared him.

time is an illusion big grin

i'll proove it eventually....

SGS won't work on hulk cuz hulk is immune to even immaterial attacks, can see ghostly creatures. and if he is taken to hell, you know what will happen: HULK SMASH!!! *kills all demons and tears akuma a new one*
you're talking about a guy who could bust an asteriod twice the size of earth with a punch and could hold open a black hole.
don't even joke about a-overrated-kuma winning this one.

the SAME person. shinakuma is only an affect for telling the difference INGAME.

? so why is he picking on poor eunuch boy? sad

for a f@g, yes laughing

~Sado 1. Loser.

2. ...I never said they could disintegrate, and we never saw what damage they really did to the ground, and they never hit anyone, so we can't tell what they would have done. Every blast however did have a blast of flame that rose 15 feet in the air with every shot.

3. Wrecked a small section of forest.

Not a real feat, and is less vague than any of the things you like to nitpick.

Yet lost to Jin. no expression

4. He was DEAD for 50 years, Devil revived him. And said boulder was not even as big as Gouki's sunken ship, the island, or Ayer's Rock. Whoa.

Gen does have some feats...But I also have never debated Gen. no expression Nor have I debated ANYONE you just mentioned, except Bison, who DOES have feats.

5. Been over the boulder, and what climatic disasters?

6. The Hadoukens did not, I was talking about his uber haxx punches and shit. So nice strawman. His bullet dodging speed.

7. Is it really THAT hard to figure out what I meant? What Iori feats are on Gouki's level? And what Rugal feats? And if you say Rugal has beaten Gouki, fvck you, if we allow that, Gouki smashed a meteor.

8. Dur. Gouki left when Gen started coughing up blood, he didn't wanna beat up a man who was ill. And I do not care what Gen "most likely" did, he never was confirmed to do it.

9. Shin Gouki is Gouki letting loose all his power.

10. How the hell should I know? Maybe cause Ryu picked a fight with him?

11. Homophobe.

Kirikaze Fuuma
next time try give a numbers even in other's quote in this case... I'm confused when read this stuff. -_-

Sado22
racist @sstard! big grin

right. and despite them being stronger than his punches and the fact that even his energy blasts are suppossed to disinetgrate people he barely does any damage. heck, if were that strong the area around ryu would have been charblasted and we would be served Ryu a la Akuma well done.

wrecked THE forest as stated in prologue, and visible in T5DR intro. its funny how people are going against what the prologue states when it comes to tekken but are adamant that ryu beat gouki even though there is no proof or a statement on it. fanboys........
oh, and you fail, son.

what is?

gouki can sink island but can't beat a pansy no expression
ryu's just a some stinking karate gi wearing dude at the end of the day. Jin is a prodigy, with special bloodline, devil and angel powers and a master of three separate fighting styles and trained by two of the strongest fighters in the series who actually won fights unlike Gouken.
fail.

no, he died later. he was alive for a while until the devil thing revived him. said boulder was big enough and given that he tossed it aside like a toy tells us something in terms of feat. you asked for a feat. i gave you one. not to mention that he been holding said rock for years on end

since when? no expression

sexual preferences aren't feats laughing out loud

the area around when you're fighting jinpachi. the moment he shows up and powers up the climate goes haywire so that there are tornados and god knows what else. notice also that it all disappears the moment you beat him with any character. on top of that Jinpachi can rejuvenate by sucking out your powers, can impale people with his hands, teleport, has invinciblilty frames and can shoot giant fireballs multiple times (that take half your godamn life btw and actually do some damage unlike Gouki). all seem like feats to me.

what the f00k are you saying? are you tripping again? confused

Iori beat Goenitz, took on the entire cast as a lesser fighter (while goenitz got pwned by kyo and iori alone) and the fact that Vice and Mature SAID that he was stronger. and he neutralized Orochi, who Goenitz is a flunkie for. oh and while kyo put up a fight against Goenitz back in KoF96, Iori still finds pummelling kyo easy several years later in KoFZillion video by SNK where the video begins with a severely pummellled kyo kneeling before Iori who seems to be in perfect condition.......he only gets hit when he gets cocky and does a slow "dark thrust" instead of finishing kyo off.
is it really that hard to understand?

don't give me the "gouki-is-honorable" Bs. if he was he wouldn't take cheapshots at bison instead of confronting him like a man. cheapshotting and blindsiding people stronger than you is what ansatsuken karate thrives on laughing out loud

fixed.

then don't bring it up, foo.

racist bastard who calls me a chigga!!! mad

~Sado

Jayct
I am sick of this "Gouki's fireballs didn't damage the ground and he can't aim" argument.

Gouki wants Ryu ALIVE. He's trying to entice Ryu. He wants Ryu to unleash his full power. Why on earth would he try to hit Ryu or throw full powered fireballs that might harm him ?

Sado22
reallly? he called him a pathetic weakling and tosses him around like a rag doll and he's interested in ryu? shite just keeps getting better and better! that's why gouki doesn't even bother with him in any of the SF3's laughing

Kirikaze Fuuma
I am sick of this "Gouki's fireballs didn't damage the ground and he can't aim" argument.

Gouki wants Ryu ALIVE. He's trying to entice Ryu. He wants Ryu to unleash his full power. Why on earth would he try to hit Ryu or throw full powered fireballs that might harm him ?

it damages the ground. you can see how explosive his tenma gou zankuu.

and... he can aim. but Ryu dodge his tenma gou zankuu. it is so simple.

Kirikaze Fuuma
reallly? he called him a pathetic weakling and tosses him around like a rag doll and he's interested in ryu? shite just keeps getting better and better! that's why gouki doesn't even bother with him in any of the SF3's laughing

I guess he is only interested in Ryu's satsui no hadou.

Sado22
nah. gouki's an old lonely man. big grin

Zack Fair
Add Bison to the list of people who have survived the Shungokusatsu...oh Gouken too.

Sado22
gouki never did the SGS to gouken.

Zack Fair
Oh?

Dark-Jaxx
Gouki did use the SGS on Gouken, Gouken beat him but backed down, he could not kill his brother, Gouki had no such qualms and got back up and charged him head on and hit him with an SGS.

I thought Bison only survive because he like...Can revive himself and shit? Isn't Bison effectively immortal?

Dark-Jaxx
WHAT THE FVCK!?

I had a fvcking HUGE post typed out, but it wouldn't let me fvcking submit it because I had too many fvcking smilies!?

Zack Fair
Jaxx got pawned.

Darkstorm Zero
Please don't make me start debating this shit again....

http://mawwic.free.fr/Noooooo!!!.jpg

Sado22
jaxx always gets pwned. that's how he likes it laughing

DarkC
gouki never did the SGS to gouken.
Yes he did, Gouken and Goutetsu were both killed by Gouki by SGS.

His Shakunetsu's were meant for "instant immolation". Think of them as more like napalm, rather than like, say...a 'explosive' Big Bang Attack from Vegeta. (Excuse the reference.)

As for his "aim", I mentioned several times in my previous debate with Terry that his Shakunetsu-gouhadoukens in the anime trailer were not meant to hit Ryu in the first place - rather they were there to just spite him. Basically at that point Ryu was facedown in the dirt, pwned in other words, and Gouki took the opportunity to fly around happily to make fun of him by throwing fireballs around him.

-Misogi (Works differently, but similar enough)

-Ashura Senpuu Kyaku

...gameplay?

-Startup of SGS
-Startup to Mid - Gou Shoryuken
-High Air+HK (Alpha 3 exclusive)

Well, they're different fireballs. As you said in a previous debate - I forget which, the hadoukens in Street Fighter are not meant to be fireballs, despite a lot of common people's misconceptions.

They're meant to be ki focused as energy to emulate a blow. Tiamat's guide listed the Hadouken as feeling like a very well-placed straight kick.

Focused ki energy vs real fireballs, obviously there will be a difference. The two can't really be compared, they're in separate leagues.

It was "spineless coward", not pathetic weakling, there's a big difference.

Gouki HAD Ryu beaten. Ryu's facedown in the dirt and unable to move, I think that's a pretty clear sign of an asskicking.

He could have easily killed Ryu if he wanted to, but he senses the hidden potential behind Ryu that would make him a worthy challenger. The mentality between Ryu and Gouki is very common knowledge to followers of the SF story by now.

As Jayct and Dark Jaxx said, Gouki is trying to force Ryu to embrace the Satsui no Hadou, as to become a worthy foe to fight. However, Ryu refuses to - hence the use of "spineless coward" - despite getting a huge beating and causes Gouki to become continually frustrated by his refusal to tap into his hidden potential.

Before Gouki sunk his island with Ryu on it, he taunts Ryu and says it himself, even.

Sado22
i was wondering where you went, DC. got any of those weirdass gouki vids? laughing out loud

not really. do you have proof of this because IIRC Gouki just pummeled him and killed him.

quite a way to beg for attention. i've heard of destructive tantrums, but damn. i think if he really did that with the "picks him up and throws him aside like a rag doll". from what i saw, it seems the hadoukens spirralled out of his control the moment he let go of them. unless you have a way of proving that the hadoukens are under his control even after he lets go of them. or maybe he's so experienced with hadoukens that he can spin and swing them like baseball pitcher.

that's a karate chop. i know what you're getting at but i'm talking impaling a person i.e. stab them with your fingers.

dude, i'm not comparing jinpachi with akuma in that sense. i'm listing the things that jinpachi can do in terms of feats cuz Dark-jaxx insists that jinpachi has no feats.

like i said, i'm not comparing him to akuma as much as listing his feats. Dark-jaxx (too many "darks" here goddamnit, i'm getting confused! mad ) said that he has no feats and i'm telling him otherwise.

my bad.

ditto.
only ryu winds up doing the "hogan routine" laughing out loud

yeah, i know that. its the dark-hadou that gouki's after. but ryu's given up on it and if you notice gouki has nothing to do with ryu in SF3 which is a coupla years after SF4. in SF4 we see him kick the living tar out of ryu so as far as we can tell, it pretty much shows their last encounter before akuma decides to have nothing to do with him.

~Sado

DarkC
You mean the parody ones, nah...he gets boring after you figure out how to stop time.

That's weird - I've always remembered that Gouken was killed by SGS, but scanning the Tiamat guide reveals nothing on that. However considering the way Gouki regarded his brother, it's a very likely option anyway that he did. He killed his master for less.

I've never been 100% clear on whether that movie was completely from the new SF4, or maybe an older event. Judging from the way Gouki was treating Ryu there, it's pretty clear that he hasn't completely given up on the younger fighter, but as you can see he's getting pretty damn frustrated by now.

As for the Hadouken part of the movie...I don't think we generally see a sequence where you actually see the fireball leaving his hand, travelling, and then impact - all in one - so we can't really tell. What we do see is one or the other, what I think is that he doesn't care where he throws 'em, just as long as they don't accidentally kill or maim Ryu.

Sado22
laughing out loud

probably. me, i'd personally not say something that's not canonically stated. of course, he could have killed him with the SGS but if you look at Ken's profile, it says that he saw gouki deliver the "final blow" to gouken. to me it seems that it wasn't the SGS.

well, judging by the fact that ryu had black hair in that i'd assume it was around SF4 timeline. ironicaly, ryu's hair get darker with age and since they werne't brown we can sure that it wasn't during SF2 becuase ryu had brown hair in Sf2.

*shrug* who knows

~Sado

DarkC
I read that part too, which was confusing to me; Gouki's choice of killing would have most definitely been the Shungokusatsu as proven when he uses it on everyone he deems "worthy", and Gouken would be worthy since he beat him in round one. You're right that it doesn't sound a whole lot like SGS, but it doesn't make much sense either to say it wasn't. You either have Gouki not acting like Gouki or the SGS not acting like the SGS, either option is too strange.

I've noticed that too. Unless it's an official statement and not an assumption that his hair grows darker with age it doesn't really hold that much weight. Besides, SF3 Ryu's hair is jet black while SF4 it's chestnut.

Sado22
exactly. he did it to Gen and he did it to Goutetsu. so he probably did it to Gouken too. however, there is another bit to it. storywise and according to Tiamat, Gouken was past his prime then and had gone on in years. he had already been beaten by Bison some time back and from what we know Akuma>Bison. thus, the only possible explanation without making it look strange would be that though Gouken was a great warrior, the fact that he had gotten on in years meant that gouki didn't need to go all out. thus, he just smacked the poor guy around till he died....as cruel as that sounds laughing out loud

it was chestnut in the SF4 vid? i think i need to see a better quality. in-game it was black though right? unless i'm seeing things which isn't a good thing sad

~Sado

DarkC
Well, Bison did get cheapshotted by Akuma through and through. I'm not sure how long it took between the time that Gouken first had a victory over Akuma and between the time that he came back and killed his brother.

And yeah it was like jet-black in-game, but like really deep mahogany in the character select screen.

Sado22
i would say not so long actually. apparently bison came looking for the heir of ansatsuken karate but ryu wasn't there so he smacked around gouken instead. i'd assume it was very little....on top of that there is the possibility that ryu was away for Sf1 at the time.
man, it'd suck for gouken to be beaten back to back in a matter of days laughing

4RX
Zangief is useless here. I'm siding with the second team, but there's a possibility of Ryu and Terry winning.

Sado22
against....g....g.....GOD?!!!!?! eek!

4RX
No, Gouki, but I guess you can say he's god of SF, since he's the SF version of the devil and the devil is somewhat like God.

Dark-Jaxx
...Gouki is the SF version of the devil?

Sado22
gouki aint evil. he's morally ambigious but he aint evil. he just follows his own warrior code and he didn't murder gouken and goutetsu as much as slay them in a mortal combat which is what warriors do. unfortunately ambigious is one word that doesn't seem to be processable for folks in america. so you either have EVIL character (hence the name Akuma=Devil) or you have good guy (Ryu).
lame......

JustFrame
Ya know, on the question of Street Fighter characters, I've actually talked to a few people about was the speed of the projectiles in Street Fighter.

Although we do not have a Capcom statisics "break down" of how fast projectiles are, it is assumed, that they have to be very fast in order for them to be effective (some of us have been talking about this at srk.com on the official canon guide btw), because as confirmed, that someone like Ryu is very capable of dodging bullets with ease, so one would believe then that a projectile traveling slower then a bullet would really be useless up against some of Ryu's caliber. Simply for the fact that he would easily be able to avoid it as well, which does make alot of logic if Ryu's zipping past bullets.

So I happen to bring it up at the canon guide talk thread at srk and thus far I have been told that the Sonic Boom (Guile and Charlie's Projectile) is actually the Fastest Projectile in the entire Street Fighter Storyline. It is said to travel much, much greater then the speed of sound and the average speed sound or estimated for it is roughly around 767 mph, which the Sonic Boom is stated to easily go beyond.

A bullet from a 9mm travels at an average speed of 681.8 mph in which Ryu can easily dodge, so by my assumptions (since I am still waiting for a reply), that other projectiles would have to be faster then that in order for it to be effective up against someone like Ryu. Another notion that I have feel needs to be said is also that if someone of Ryu's caliber is capable of such a feat, wouldn't Ken be also? Almost definitely Gouki should be capable of such a feat as well, if someone such as Ryu who ability wise has yet to attain his status.

Which leaves me to think that since Guile's Sonic Boom is the fastest in the world of Street Fighter (thus far), that the projectile speed for some characters would be faster then the bullet speed of a 9mm at 681.8 mph, while being slower then the Sonic Boom itself which easily surpasses the speed of sound.

This would indicate why in the Ryu vs Gouki Trailer, Gouki's projectile was traveling so fast that you didn't see anything else, other then the impact crater.

Speeds of the projectiles in SF has just been currently brought up by me, so we'll see how it gets answered or broken down into canonical talk. It's interesting, but hopefully Vasil (the one who has helped to write the guide) replies to me within the thread at srk as well, as he most likely will, as well as a few others.

Sado22
if that was the case then ryu wouldn't even get punched in the face since "he can dodge bullets". that's A>B>C logic and it won't get you anywhere.
on top of that, the speed of the projectiles has never been explored but from the video of SF4, it didn't look like it was that fast at all....definitely not faster than bullets. and notice that it was Gouki doing it and the ones he did was the shakuunetsu hadouken which is supposed to be a stronger version of hadouken. it also had gravity on its side but it STILL wasn't faster than a bullet.
no dice.

sonic boom is the strongest and fastest projectile in SF.

nope. otherwise you mgiht as well suggest that ryu's is untouchable by punches but he's been hit by far slower things. on top of that, Capcom said ryu can dodge bullets but it didn' say HOW he can dodge them. if he can predict where the gunshot is coming from then its not a big deal. it also isnt' a big deal if he's at a relatively good distance. Julia Chang was able to evade direct gunshots at a few paces away in her Tekken4 ending. ryu's can dodge bullets but he's been hit with far less in terms of speed. in SF4 we see him sock one blow after another from ken and ken wasn't moving faster than a bullet.

true. ken is only faster than ryu so he should be able to pull it off.

yes, hence the name.

......then you should watch it again no expression

~Sado

Kirikaze Fuuma
this one is funny. laughing out loud

Dark-Jaxx
gouki aint evil. he's morally ambigious but he aint evil. he just follows his own warrior code and he didn't murder gouken and goutetsu as much as slay them in a mortal combat which is what warriors do. unfortunately ambigious is one word that doesn't seem to be processable for folks in america. so you either have EVIL character (hence the name Akuma=Devil) or you have good guy (Ryu).
lame...... Well Gouki from a "normal" point of view would be evil, but I think it is better to say that his own set of morals are different than the normal. He refused to continue fighting Gen when he realised he was chronically ill for instance.

Also, it was never said he can predict where the gunners are going to fire and more out of the way effortless, it was said he can dodge bullets effortlessly.

JustFrame
~snip~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iftzupWMFc

From 43-45 seconds, please, show me where you see the projectile "streaking" downward before making the initial impact crater explosion?

So please sit down and stop gasping your own personal "theories" and listen...

Finally after getting some answers from Vasil, and others as well, it has been noted that yes, projectiles ARE indeed that fast in the SF World.

The problem that Vasil has stated though, is that the Sonic Boom in reality can be calculated and someone was nice enough to post the speeds of the Sonic Boom in DeeJay's Max Out...

Sonic Boom

Mach 2

F16 Jet

Speed at altitude

Mach 2 ( 1,500 mph )

Max Out

761 mph ( the speed of sound)

You have to be SUPER FAST to be able to dodge Guile's Sonic Boom, and Deejay's Max out is the Speed of Sound, making it ridiculous already.

However, the problem comes with estimating the speed of the Hadouken, because it is faster then the speed of sound, however gauging it's speed is difficult due to the fact that its a sprititual thing, however in Vasil's own words, let me quote...

This was my statement...

"I've always been curious about how fast the projectiles in Street Fighter travel? I mean, in the canon it states that Ryu is very capable of dodging bullets "however" if he's fast enough to react to the speed of bullets, then would this also translate to the speed of the projectiles as well, like say the Hadouken."

This was Vasil's direct answer below...

"Definitely. In the SF2AM while Ryu's fighting a brainwashed Ken, at one point Ryu's on the ground and just barely has time to roll away from the incoming projectile that Ken throws at him from above. All attack projectiles travel quite fast like material projectiles do(eg. firearm bullets), and the sonic boom's most likely the swiftest as Ultima pointed out, and animes thus far have portrayed it that way. The thing is with determining how fast they actually travel, a sonic boom is a real world application translated to the SF universe, and we're capable of analyzing it, but projectiles composed of ki, are a different story. They give off a light, but we don't know whether they behave more in regards to light waves or light particles. That's why the hadouken for instance, is such a mystery, for hadou meaning wave motion or surge behaves like a particle when fired as a projectile. It's no easy task to quantify collected "spirit", when one doesn't know much about it except for how to harness it."

Roughly put, all in the all, projectiles in the world of Street Fighter are extremely fast.

However, again, what you seemingly state as "fact" for "how fast they fight", is actually scrutinized considering Capcom has never stated how fast they could throw out punches and or kicks. Remember, that if your "watching an anime", they usually try to slow things down so that people can actually see it happen.

We see this in DBZ all the time, when we know full well, that they are fighting faster then the human eye can see.

Now, I am not saying that SF characters like Ryu are moving at like DBZ like speeds, which is ridiculous. However, it isn't necessarily off to say that they are fighting at a much greater and faster pace that we originally would have believed or thought. However the sheer speed of the projectiles in SF are very, very real.

To how fast the SF characters would have fought I am trying to get some answers and open discussions about, however, if you really disagree with the statements of the speed of the projectiles...please, come on srk.com and post your "disagreement".

Sado22
two things:
-0:35 to o:37 we see the full motion of projectiles travelling. clearly. no bullet speed. far, far less.
-anime depictions are not canonical
-as for sonic boom and the other one, yes because capcom has said that sonic boom is supersonic.

i know laughing out loud

JustFrame
two things:
-0:35 to o:37 we see the full motion of projectiles travelling. clearly. no bullet speed. far, far less.

35-37 is made on purpose to be shown because it wouldn't be dramatic if we couldn't see it...any smart person knows this, DBZ fireballs travel 2093482309428 Times faster yet why do we see it then? roll eyes (sarcastic) I guess your eyes went blind around 43-45 though right?

-anime depictions are not canonical

This is from SF:IV not some "spin off", so the chances of this scene being canon is very possible.

-as for sonic boom and the other one, yes because capcom has said that sonic boom is supersonic.

The only intelligent comment you've made so far, and for crying out loud, it's a Max Out...not "other one"...do you know SF?

i know laughing out loud

43-45 laughing out loud

Sado22
stop being foolish. there were several ways they could've shown it if they wanted to show how fast it was. but they didn't. we saw a perfect example of the hadouken travelling at its regular speed. any smart person would tell you that you're being foolish. we're talking about speed and we clearly see the hadouken and see that it was fast but not faster than a bullet. not by a long shot. and what happened to your eyes when gouki did the messatsuhadouken? did you not see the hadoukens travel?
and keep DBZ out of this. it is irrelevent unless you ahve proof that SF was spoofing them.

oh, my bad then. but IIRC that person you quoted was makign references to SF2AM.

i remember a time when brainchild/i-drop said i was one of the most reasonable people on KMC. the trick was, he thought that only as long as i agree with him. i see a similar pattern here. so it is intelligent if someone agrees with you......even though i'm stating a fact.
and i said "other one" cuz i couldn't be bothered. dah.

35-37 AND the messatsuhadouken part laughing out loud

JustFrame
stop being foolish. there were several ways they could've shown it if they wanted to show how fast it was. but they didn't. we saw a perfect example of the hadouken travelling at its regular speed. any smart person would tell you that you're being foolish. we're talking about speed and we clearly see the hadouken and see that it was fast but not faster than a bullet. not by a long shot. and what happened to your eyes when gouki did the messatsuhadouken? did you not see the hadoukens travel?
and keep DBZ out of this. it is irrelevent unless you ahve proof that SF was spoofing them.

Right...we all know that a Sonic Boom travels at Mach 2...and YET..*GASP* we see it all the time as well too. So really, what are you trying to imply?

However you can't seem to comprehend the two of Ryu dodging bullets, to projectiles just as fast if not faster, if someone of Guile's caliber can shoot a Mach 2 projectile, and someone as weak as Deejay can launch a Speed of sound projectile, how could someone of Ryu's caliber not be able to do something that could be similar in speed to Deejay's, or even above it?

Anyone who has actually thought this out and realized it, plus with the fact that even the Canon creators (those who have more accessible knowledge then me and especially you) are stating that this is the case would call you foolish.

oh, my bad then. but IIRC that person you quoted was makign references to SF2AM.

Read more correctly next time.

i remember a time when brainchild/i-drop said i was one of the most reasonable people on KMC. the trick was, he thought that only as long as i agree with him. i see a similar pattern here. so it is intelligent if someone agrees with you......even though i'm stating a fact.
and i said "other one" cuz i couldn't be bothered. dah.

Fact of what? Are you to say that the canon guide of SF to this point is completely written in stone and that things cannot be changed, or modified, or completely re-written? You must be more dense then I even thought if you believe that this is the "potential" for these characters and that's it.

We have plenty of Street Fighter left, and things will always be changed and or modified. The reasons why these are being discussed, is because it makes real sense...how the heck do you dodge a Mach 2 projectile? Oh right...you've got to be pretty fast to do so right? So could it "possibly" be that we are underestimating the speed and agility of the SF cast? You tell me.

Again, things can and will ultimately change.

35-37 AND the messatsuhadouken part laughing out loud

Someone's in denial here...and read my animation Guile Sonic Boom comment again please. laughing

Sado22
ignoring the lame melodramatic antics, if you actually pay attention i was never talking in-game. i'm talking about tiamat's Sf plot guide where the whole thing is explained. in detail erm

stupid A>B>C logic. guile is weaker than ryu and gouki interms of tier ranking and yet he has "the strongest, fastest" projectile of the series. the projectiles just happens to be one particular aspect of his fighting ability, that being him capable of shooting ki out faster than sound. same holds for DJ. it doesn't make them stronger or better than ryu and the other shotoclones. you're looking at just one aspect of their fighting and making baseless claims about others. its A>B>C logic. and it won't hold. if that were the case then will you tell me that Vega can do the 100kicks special of chunli because he also is considered one of the fastest fighters of SF.

retarded logic.
prove it or shove it, buberm

pointless rant. look, jf, what you stated about guile's sonic boom is not intelligent but something that Tiamat has explained in detail YEARS before you. me quoting it at you doesn't even make me intelligent it just shows that you're lightyears behind interms of general sf knowledge.

seriously, read over what you're typing and slap yourself in the head. as for denial, i asked you address TWO points in the video where we SEE the projectile travelling. your proof of the projectile's speed is what DBZ shows us. what more do you possibly want me to say aside from: laughing out loud
funny thing is, i'm not the only one who just laughed at you.

~Sado

JustFrame
ignoring the lame melodramatic antics, if you actually pay attention i was never talking in-game. i'm talking about tiamat's Sf plot guide where the whole thing is explained. in detail erm

This isn't about "in-game" this is in your claim that in the SF:IV anime trailer, you could see Gouki's "projectile"...yet in the official SF:IV trailer with Chunli's ending, they animated Guile's Sonic Boom as bright as day so that you could see it...but it travels at Mach 2...have you been listening to yourself, your a walking contradiction.

stupid A>B>C logic. guile is weaker than ryu and gouki interms of tier ranking and yet he has "the strongest, fastest" projectile of the series. the projectiles just happens to be one particular aspect of his fighting ability, that being him capable of shooting ki out faster than sound. same holds for DJ. it doesn't make them stronger or better than ryu and the other shotoclones. you're looking at just one aspect of their fighting and making baseless claims about others. its A>B>C logic. and it won't hold. if that were the case then will you tell me that Vega can do the 100kicks special of chunli because he also is considered one of the fastest fighters of SF.

You are retarded, yet again, never, did I say that this makes "more powerful", however think about, if Ryu's projectile does not have the same velocity, how could he possibly hope to compete with Guile's projectile with his own? That would mean that his Sonic Boom would be even more effective then even Ryu's Shinkuu-Hadouken "if" Guile's is that Fast while Ryu's does not reach speeds of similar rates (Ryu's is probably not mach 2, but definitely faster then bullet time speed).

retarded logic.
prove it or shove it, buberm

Considering even you are using there own canon guide to try and prove your case...I don't know who's the retarded one here, lol.

pointless rant. look, jf, what you stated about guile's sonic boom is not intelligent but something that Tiamat has explained in detail YEARS before you. me quoting it at you doesn't even make me intelligent it just shows that you're lightyears behind interms of general sf knowledge.

Lol, this has nothing to do with the speed of the Sonic Boom mind you, this has things to do with the fact that things within the storyline of SF can and will ultimately change...meaning what you claim as fact, is not written in stone. Get it? Hopefully you do, as to how you pertained this to just the relation to the fireball speed is beyond me though.

seriously, read over what you're typing and slap yourself in the head. as for denial, i asked you address TWO points in the video where we SEE the projectile travelling. your proof of the projectile's speed is what DBZ shows us. what more do you possibly want me to say aside from: laughing out loud
funny thing is, i'm not the only one who just laughed at you.

~Sado

Funny thing is...we have more people laughing at you, and yes, the DBZ logic makes absolute sense, everyone knows they are doing things many times faster, however it's made visible so that people can actually watch it, even in the manga they state that mere human's can't see them attacking when they are going full force "yet we the audience can see it"...go figure eh. Hence why in the SF:IV anime trailer, you see Gouki doing what he's doing, yet, I need to make a notion here, it takes them a few seconds to channel the energy before releasing it, some longer then others depending upon the power of it.

However it still doesn't take away from the sheer speed at which the projectile is traveling at...as in case at 43-45 seconds, you clearly see how fast it travels.

Please slap yourself in the face for not realizing as simple a concept as this.

Sado22
and we see gouki's projectile so it probably means that it doesn't travel as fast as guile's which is the point, which is a known fact, and which is confirmed by tiamat.

and what makes you say he CAN compete with guile's sonic boom? when its clearly stated to be not only faster but stronger too.

key word there is canon guide. dah.

who is everybody?
the DBZ thing is BS because it is irrelevent and proves squat.
manga aint caon.
fail.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.