which is the most powerful saber crystal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beast1234
what is the most powerful saber crystal

Lord Knightfa11
red cuz its cooler.

Enyalus
Red. Red crystals have a small possibility to short out the blade of a Jedi. It's only been documented as happening twice, though. This is according to JvS.

Ultimate Vader
Red. I like Qixoni.

Lucien A
There's other crystals besides just the coloured ones.

Geez, did that sound racist.

Ultimate Vader
Racist for crystals? Well, that's something.

rabidd909
Colored crystals rarely have any affect on the performance of a lightsaber. But two other crystals can be placed in a lightsaber hilt that do not affect color but affect performace and give unusual properties. Like the potential to short out another saber, to narrow or widen the blade, or to allow the blade to fuction under-water.

truejedi
is the 3 crystal system confirmed anywhere other than Kotor?

rabidd909
I read it on wookieepedia, im not sure how reliable it is.

truejedi
wookipedia would get its information from kotor, so its kinda beside the point. You can't truly use wookipedia as a source here. If you want to go find the source that wookipedi is referring to, and then post THAT, that's great, we will accept that. But why should i listen to a website that i can go change to say the opposite of what you claimed?

rabidd909
true, I found nothing to back up my post but how does kit fisto get his saber to stay on underwater? its not his color crystal.

Lord Knightfa11
theres krayt dragon pearls and shit too. i think its basically an unknown.

Lucien A
Uh, hi... the Force.

Captain REX
Wookieepedia is constantly moderated and anything you edit in is edited out and taken into discussion if it is at all relevant. Usually the mods know what they are talking about and just remove nonsense edits that are clearly to turn viewpoint, truejedi.

I don't know much about crystals other than them being a gaming mechanic for KOTOR for different bonuses and penalties. Other than small lightsaber modifications- such as narrow-blade or underwater-use- I don't think it is all that important.

Though there is the red lightsaber short-out mentioned.

Red Nemesis
I'd be surprised is a 'special' crystal was needed for underwater use- wouldn't the lightsaber casing just have to be watertight? Also, the problems that arise when a bar of pure energy is immersed in water seem to be insurmountable. The Obi/Asajj fight never made much sense if they were truly submerged- why wouldn't their lightsabers simply boil the water around them until the power pack shorted out?

Ultimate Vader
Hm... I think that's one from many SW flaws.

Darth Exodus
It's a special crystal....

... says wookieepedia

Captain REX
It doesn't make much sense, but eh, it's science fiction and it's Star Wars. Lots of things don't make much sense at this point.

truejedi
Rex, i'm actually just asking for the source that the wookipedia took its info from, i agree that it is accurate pretty consistently. I think asking for a source is fair though, because wookipedia, as of itself isn't canon.

Obvious fallacies would be corrected, true, but would an opinion be corrected, if close to correct? If a wookipedia article writer put in that sidious defeated yoda, and another writer came along and wrote that they stalemated, which story would the mod go with? he/she would have to choose, and then wookipedia would officially have an opinion in it. Thats why i would ask for a source.

Enyalus
Waterproof lightsabers require two crystals, and they work on a 'bifurcating cyclical-ignition' pulse, as that allows for continuous use in rainfall as well as underwater.

So says Kit Fisto.

jaden101
edit

Red Nemesis
Your Technobabble does not impress me. It still cuts everything it comes into contact with- Water is no exception.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by jaden101
edit

You edited me into looking silly. miffed

jaden101
saved me looking silly..haha...sorry

Red Nemesis
I had a good rebuttal too. It involved haze, particulates and heat distortion. (Mace wasn't the only Jedi to have a purple saber in that pic. That was the other half of the post.)

jaden101
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
(Mace wasn't the only Jedi to have a purple saber in that pic. That was the other half of the post.)

yeah that's why i edited..

laughing

although apparently you do see one in ep 3 when obi-wan is looking at the security footage of anakin...belongs to someone called Bene apparently...not sure if that's true though

Enyalus
Originally posted by jaden101
although apparently you do see one in ep 3 when obi-wan is looking at the security footage of anakin...belongs to someone called Bene apparently...not sure if that's true though

Drallig's padawan.

jaden101
ah right...like i say though...don't know if it's true...and the pics of Bene i could see are with a blue sabre

sigma-ct42
i believe the strongest saber crystal was pontite. an extremely rare type of adegan crystal.

beast1234
the most powerful saber crystal is a synthetic lightsaber crystal.

Darth Storm
i'm telling you now! lucas won't give out his mysteries until he is forced to, also hes crapped the universe up man, why konbi have underwater crystal? its all crap!

Captain REX
I don't think that crystals are particularly more powerful than one another other than as a game mechanic in KOTOR, honestly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.