Game with a gret replay value

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wil7
In my opinion, there are a bunch of games that I have played that I can go back to and have fun, like RE4, Fight Night Round 3, Resistance- Fall of man, GTA4, GTASA, etc. Name games that you have played that has a good replay value, and is still fun to you.

Ex: Resident Evil 4

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Wil7
In my opinion, there are a bunch of games that I have played that I can go back to and have fun, like RE4, Fight Night Round 3, Resistance- Fall of man, GTA4, GTASA, etc. Name games that you have played that has a good replay value, and is still fun to you.

Ex: Resident Evil 4
Nice selection thumb up

I'll add:
The Curse of Monkey Island
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 1-3
Silent Hill 1
Metal Slug
Twisted Metal: Black
Okami

Raoul
Onimusha 2. yeah, i said it...

Peach
Pretty much any Zelda game I've played, Final Fantasy X, Star Wars Battlefront (first and second), Puzzle Quest, Animal Crossing...

I have no problem replaying games a lot, assuming they're good enough that I want to replay them. I've never understood the whole "I've beat it so I'll never touch it again" mindset.

occultdestroyer
Oh, forgot to add Pokemon as well stick out tongue

@stroFan
Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect
Zelda: OoT
GTA: San Andreas

Those are the few games I finish that I still go back and play again.

Mairuzu
I Agree with most of those above

Bioshock
Most final fantasy games

sigh, cant think right now

Burning thought
Fallout 3
Diablo games
LOK series
Starcraft
Age of empires series (mainly 3)
WoW

basically the most re-playable ones I find are either those with great storylines (LOK series) or those with RPG elements, for example Age of empires 3 has the "home city" system, so although its a pretty good RTS, the Home city system makes it unique and gives the player a reason to continually to play games other than prestige. RPG's in general that give many options to players as well.

Raoul
Originally posted by Peach
Star Wars Battlefront (first and second)

i'd have loved to play those online, but lucasarts made a real mess of things by not bringing out a proper patch for the dvd version meant i couldn't... idiots...

Peach
Originally posted by Raoul
i'd have loved to play those online, but lucasarts made a real mess of things by not bringing out a proper patch for the dvd version meant i couldn't... idiots...

My brother and I play against each other all the time, or with his friends. The time I accidentally stepped on Darth Vader while in an AT-AT still remains one of our top "what the hell did you just do?" moments while playing games stick out tongue

Morridini
One game beats 'em all: Tetris

Wei Phoenix
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Castle Crashers
Comix Zone
dokapon Kingdom
DBZ Tenkaichi 3
MVC2
Bleach Blade Battlers 2
Battle Stadium D.O.N.
Mischief Makers
Glover
Buck Bumble

Raoul
My brother and I play against each other all the time, or with his friends. The time I accidentally stepped on Darth Vader while in an AT-AT still remains one of our top "what the hell did you just do?" moments while playing games stick out tongue

laughing out loud i've had plenty of those...

most fun i had was in co-op galactic conquest (we had it on ps2 also). i never felt more smug than i did when i flew a perfect circle around an at-at's legs with the tow cable attached... and then i had to fly away, so i had to try and watch his part of the screen and mine at the same time as it came crashing down...

Peach
We have the first on PS2 and both of them for Xbox (yeah, I own two copies of the first one, I wanted them both for one system).

I was far too amused by the fact that I shot the Emperor. There's just something inherently funny about that, I think.

Wei Phoenix
laughing out loud i've had plenty of those...

most fun i had was in co-op galactic conquest (we had it on ps2 also). i never felt more smug than i did when i flew a perfect circle around an at-at's legs with the tow cable attached... and then i had to fly away, so i had to try and watch his part of the screen and mine at the same time as it came crashing down...

Ever go through a bunch of clone troopers as Maul and just rape everything in sight?

Raoul
We have the first on PS2 and both of them for Xbox (yeah, I own two copies of the first one, I wanted them both for one system).

I was far too amused by the fact that I shot the Emperor. There's just something inherently funny about that, I think.

laughing out loud

definitely.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Ever go through a bunch of clone troopers as Maul and just rape everything in sight?

maul was insane at times. though, i have to say, i used to love playing on the death star was rebels (or any jedi). the long corridor (where they had the gun fight in a new hope), just chucking the light saber down it, used to rack up kills... that and the second shuttle bay... 100s of kills easy...

Peach
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

I always play as the Empire in the OT campaigns/levels and the Republic during the PT levels, so I've never played as Maul. Yet, anyway.

Using Aayla during CTF is a good way to guarantee a win, though.

Raoul
I always play as the Empire in the OT campaigns/levels and the Republic during the PT levels, so I've never played as Maul. Yet, anyway.

Using Aayla during CTF is a good way to guarantee a win, though.

empire? really? i always thought they were one of the weaker factions... is it cos of their heroes?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Morridini
One game beats 'em all: Tetris This should be number 1 replay value

Peach
empire? really? i always thought they were one of the weaker factions... is it cos of their heroes?

I've just always been a fan of the Empire in the OT stick out tongue I have a decal of the Imperial insignia on my car (along with the Triforce). I've always found the bad guys more interesting in Star Wars.

Though I love playing as Jedi.

Raoul
I've just always been a fan of the Empire in the OT stick out tongue I have a decal of the Imperial insignia on my car (along with the Triforce). I've always found the bad guys more interesting in Star Wars.

Though I love playing as Jedi.

the imperials as the actual empire, sure, they're sweet, but in the game... i tended to play as the standard troopers or else snipers (growing up the scout trooper from jedi was the shit for me), or obviously heroes...

i thought the clones and CIS had the best actual troopers though...

Wil7
I have a bunch of games I would play again and have fun.

RE4
Resistance
Fight Night
The Godfather
All of the GTA games
All of the Call of Duty games
Medal of Honor games

I have a bunch more. Keep naming games that you can go back to and have fun still.

Man of Violence
Any GTA, crushes any other game in replay value.

Dark-Jaxx
Fable.

No other game, I have I beat the story over 20 times, gotten everything while doing it, and still went back to play the story again.

Wil7
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Fable.

No other game, I have I beat the story over 20 times, gotten everything while doing it, and still went back to play the story again.

I do the exact same thing, except for Resident Evil 4.

MadMel
lol nice big grin..i play in my joint Australian clan matches (the only 2 real aussie clans running the only aussie server in the entire game..)
one of our best moments was when my friend sung the entire imperial march song (basically he sung "i am a stormtrooper, stormtrooper storm" in time with the music stick out tongue ) and the ewok song while drunk and was still playing great...he couldn't remember shit afterward (lucky i recorded it for him big grin )

on topic - this is my list imo
SSBbrawl
SSBmelee
star wars bf2
GTA SA
MGS 1 OR twin snakes

Stoic
Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind, and Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion.

Icy Ninja
Kotor
Kotor 2
Fable
Mgs3
Gta SA
Star Wars TFU
Mass Effect
SSBM

Raoul
Originally posted by MadMel
lol nice big grin..i play in my joint Australian clan matches (the only 2 real aussie clans running the only aussie server in the entire game..)
one of our best moments was when my friend sung the entire imperial march song (basically he sung "i am a stormtrooper, stormtrooper storm" in time with the music stick out tongue ) and the ewok song while drunk and was still playing great...he couldn't remember shit afterward (lucky i recorded it for him big grin )

on topic - this is my list imo
SSBbrawl
SSBmelee
star wars bf2
GTA SA
MGS 1 OR twin snakes

laughing

i actually remember the very first time i played bf 1, i'd just say 'rebel scum' exactly like the guy in rotj every time i killed one of them...

occultdestroyer
The Shadow of The Colossus

Simply because it had an epic, yet touching ending.
(I wept a tear or two)

An excellent prequel to ICO thumb up

Kazenji
When i think of Games with reply value is stuff like

Any RPG
GTA games
and pretty much anything that has left over stuff to do such as looking for the rest whatever item (such as Lego Star Wars looking for all the Canisters in each level).

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
When i think of Games with reply value is stuff like

Any RPG
GTA games
and pretty much anything that has left over stuff to do such as looking for the rest whatever item (such as Lego Star Wars looking for all the Canisters in each level).

i get stuck looking for alot of those... i'd scour a level only to go back later and stumble across it by accident...

Kazenji
The recent Bond games were hard how you had to get the Gold or Platnium Awards for each level.

Wil7
The recent Bond games were hard how you had to get the Gold or Platnium Awards for each level.

Why was it hard to get platinium or gold awards on the recent Bond games? I haven't really played any Bond games except for golden eye, and the world is not enough. So please tell me why it was hard to get platnium or gold Kazenji.

Thought of a few more games:

Any Madden Game
Any sports game
Knockout Kings 2001(my favorite boxing game ever)

I am still thinking of games.

Burning thought
RTS games on PC have enomrous replay value simply because strategy can last forever if your competitive,

Wil7
My dad played Riddick on all difficulty levels and beat them, so that must have some great replay value.

All of the Kingdom Hearts
DMC1, 3, and 4
Silent Hill 2 with its 4 different endings
Warriors Orochi
Dynasty Warriors, and Samarai Warriors

Still thinking...

Neo Darkhalen
Timesplitters (series)

MasterAshenVor
All the AVP Games , AVP2 (2001) , AVP Gold (1999)

All the KOTOR Games

All the Need for Speed Games...except for the really old ones....start with the game Hot Pursuit 2 or Porsche and up...

All the Star Wars Battlefront Games...

The Entire Star Wars Dark Forces\Jedi Knight series.

and Predator Concrete Jungle...if you need anymore just tell me

OH YEA THE GTA GAMES!

Kazenji
So please tell me why it was hard to get platnium or gold Kazenji.

Well for one when it came to Everything or Nothing for the Platnium awards they had some insane objectives for the levels Such as....

-"Take NO damage"
-"Fire 10 rounds or fewer"
-"Use no ammo"

and then there were the usual ones finish the level in a certain time or you take a certain amout of damage.

Raoul
everything or nothing was a pain, when trying to get the awards... i love the game, i really do, but god it was aggrevating...

Wil7
Well for one when it came to Everything or Nothing for the Platnium awards they had some insane objectives for the levels Such as....

-"Take NO damage"
-"Fire 10 rounds or fewer"
-"Use no ammo"

and then there were the usual ones finish the level in a certain time or you take a certain amout of damage.

That seems really hard to do. That is pretty much impossible to do.

Thought of 2 more games:
- ATV Offroad Fury 4
- Haze

geshien

Wil7

Raoul
Ok, my list...

Tekken 3
Onimusha 2
Bust-A-Groove
Sensible Soccer (from the old amiga days)
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (galactic conquest mode co-op, as i couldnt play online)
Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3
Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War/Winter Assault/Dark Crusade/Soulstorm
PES09 (and most of its predecessors)
GTA 4.
Call of Duty 4
Final Fantasy 7 (except for the cloud's past bit at kalm. boring as f*ck)
Final Fantasy 8 (loved drawing to make myself uber)
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1/2 and Rise of the Witch King
Mass Effect (i was on my 4th playthrough)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Wil7
Ok, my list...

Tekken 3
Onimusha 2
Bust-A-Groove
Sensible Soccer (from the old amiga days)
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (galactic conquest mode co-op, as i couldnt play online)
Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3
Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War/Winter Assault/Dark Crusade/Soulstorm
PES09 (and most of its predecessors)
GTA 4.
Call of Duty 4
Final Fantasy 7 (except for the cloud's past bit at kalm. boring as f*ck)
Final Fantasy 8 (loved drawing to make myself uber)
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1/2 and Rise of the Witch King
Mass Effect (i was on my 4th playthrough)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Almost all of them are great games.

Raoul
Almost all of them are great games.

i like to think so... stick out tongue

Wil7
I think someone said this, but Time Splitters Future Perfect has great replay value.

Kento
Metal Gear Solid
Gears of War 1-2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1-3
Kingdom Hearts 1
Just about any Super Mario
Pokemon
Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl

occultdestroyer
The World Ends With You (DS)
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core (PSP)

Wil7
Absolutly, Crisis Core has great replay value. What about:
Rainbow 6: Vegas 1, and 2

occultdestroyer
Absolutly, Crisis Core has great replay value.
Yep thumb up

Crisis Core deserves all the praise it can get from the critics and gamers alike.

Undoubtedly one of the best RPGs ever made.
And the best in the PSP yet.

I played it through over and over about 10 times. stick out tongue big grin

Wil7
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Yep thumb up

Crisis Core deserves all the praise it can get from the critics and gamers alike.

Undoubtedly one of the best RPGs ever made.
And the best in the PSP yet.

I played it through over and over about 10 times. stick out tongue big grin

I got attached to that game, and whwn I saw the ending, I felt all sad, but it was still an awesome game, and I enjoyed it very much.

Impediment
RE4
Any LOZ game
Super Paper Mario
GTA III
COD 4
Super Mario RPG

ragesRemorse
Castlevania; Symphony of the Night
Dead Rising
Hulk; Ultimate Destruction
GTA3, Vice City, SA
FFX
Bully
The Warriors
Red Dead Revolver
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk 1-3
NHL 09
Splinter Cell; Double Agent
The Suffering
Tenchu
Bushido blade
Einhander
Intelligent Cube
Nights into dreams
Mario 3, Super Mario, Mario 64
Medieval 1&2
Actraiser 1&2
Blackthorne
Out of This World
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
zombies ate my Neighbors
Mortal Kombat trilogy
Matrix; Path of Neo
Shenmue
Grabbed By the Ghoulies

Thunder Fox
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Wil7
Ghost Recon 2

occultdestroyer
Tales of Eternia (aka Tales of Destiny 2)
The Legend of Mana

Wil7
All Guitar Hero's and Rockband's

Hewhoknowsall
I played star wars BF 2 for a VERY long time. That game was boring alone due to the retarded freindly AI and terrible story mode, but great with a friend.

Kosta
Mario 64 would have to be very close to the top of the list for me. Although it does bring back a lot of happy childhood memories, so my opinion is very bias. Also Zelda ocarina of time and Majoras mask on 64.

Utrigita
I would like to add:

The Witcher
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Neverwinter Nights 2
Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance too)
Warcraft III and the expansion Frozen Throne
The Total War series.
Stronghold
Silent Hunter III and IV

Wil7
Good selection Utrigita.

I will add: All of the Monster Hunters.

occultdestroyer
King of Fighters
Street Fighters
Final Fantasy
Tekken

occultdestroyer
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

I played this game like 3 consecutive times in a row

Wil7
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

I played this game like 3 consecutive times in a row

Good choice.

Thought of a game with terrible replay value:

Facebreaker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.