Single Player or Multiplayer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Multiplayer helps gamers who feel lonely or just want to pawn some noobs and is a lot of fun but so is single player. Which do you think is better?

I for one pick the single player. It really irritates me that game compnaies these days usually do more work on the multiplayer than the single player and the single player will sometimes suck. Focus on the campaign game companies, you're this close to making me hate you.

Final Blaxican
Multiplayer for me. It took me playing Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Gears 2's single player to realize how single player bores the shit out of me.

Smasandian
Both.

I only play good online games though. Pretty much anything done by Valve.

I'm hoping for a remake of Battlefield 1942, or Battlefield 3 for the PC, then I would be loving some other companies online.

Kento
Multiplayer for me. I find it a lot more fun to play with friends than alone. I don't mine single-player games but they aren't as challenging or as fun imo.

§P0oONY
Co-op play is my favourite, followed by single player. I like certain multiplayer games though.

Peach
Single-player. There's very few games I've played where I've wanted to play it with someone else, and even in something like Guild Wars, which is an MMO and thus designed for playing with others, I play by myself about 95% of the time.

§P0oONY
Gears of war co-op on insane is fantastic fun.

occultdestroyer
I'm more of a single player type of gamer.

Most of the great games I play, like God of War, most Final Fantasy RPGs, etc are single player games.

BackFire
Enjoy both when done right. They appeal to different aspects of what I enjoy. Single player is great for exposition and story driven games and they're usually more chill. Multiplayer is fun when playing with people I know, a more frantic and exciting sidepiece to what single player offers.

Smasandian
Yeah, had my first LAN awhile back.

It was a blast. Funny thing, we just played Half Life 2 Deathmatch, CS and TF2. All great. I thought HL2 DM would suck, but it was awesome.

Kazenji
Both of them for me

My only problem with multiplayer these days is especally for the 360, How it seems to be you either have to be on Xbox live or Have people over for it to get any use out of it whatever happen to using bots??...........Free Radical got it right with the their Timesplitters games.

LilMimister006
It really depends on the type of game really. And yeah, both.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Both of them for me

My only problem with multiplayer these days is especally for the 360, How it seems to be you either have to be on Xbox live or Have people over for it to get any use out of it whatever happen to using bots??...........Free Radical got it right with the their Timesplitters games.

..what game are you talking about? Most of what I can recall has at least bots or some single player stuff.

Kazenji
I can name a couple.............the Halo games.

LilMimister006
Well that's because Halo's the retarded FPS that pretty much banks everything on online play...even though I was addicted to it for a few months.

edit: and yeah after I posted I was thinkin Halo.

Kazenji
and also the 360 version of Prey and F.E.A.R. altho with F.E.A.R. its pretty good how it has the Instant Action option.

jaden101
depends on the game...I don't think that GTA worked well as multiplayer because it was exectued badly...If they'd done something to promote clans forming gangs and having battles for territory etc then it could have been good.

I don't think games like Metal gear, Zelda etc are suited to multiplayer where as shooters obviously are. Call of Duty 4 wouldn't have had the attention it did without it's superb multiplayer.

Yoshi Paradise
Both. Some games are better when playing by yourself while other games are better when playing with other people.

Of course, it all depends on the genre of the game.

Darth Vicious
Both. I like to beat the story side of a game on my own. If there are achievements I want to get, I might have someone play co-op with me (GoW 1 & 2). After I beat the game I wanna be able to play a multiplayer online. Thats why Halo 3 was money well spent because I beat the game (Legendary) over a year ago, I still play multiplayer online on a regular basis.

ThunderGodEneru
Both.

KakashiKun
Multiplayer.

Zack Fair
Both.

So long as a campaign/multiplayer is good I will play it.

End of story.

MadMel
i buy games for the multiplayer...single player games are just too short for me erm

jinXed by JaNx
Unless it's co-op multiplayer i could give a shit less about the multiplayer.

I'm generally a solo gamer but i definitely prefer playing co-op.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.