KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Single Player or Multiplayer?

Single Player or Multiplayer?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Single Player or Multiplayer?

Multiplayer helps gamers who feel lonely or just want to pawn some noobs and is a lot of fun but so is single player. Which do you think is better?

I for one pick the single player. It really irritates me that game compnaies these days usually do more work on the multiplayer than the single player and the single player will sometimes suck. Focus on the campaign game companies, you're this close to making me hate you.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Multiplayer for me. It took me playing Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Gears 2's single player to realize how single player bores the shit out of me.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:07 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Both.

I only play good online games though. Pretty much anything done by Valve.

I'm hoping for a remake of Battlefield 1942, or Battlefield 3 for the PC, then I would be loving some other companies online.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Multiplayer for me. I find it a lot more fun to play with friends than alone. I don't mine single-player games but they aren't as challenging or as fun imo.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:25 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Co-op play is my favourite, followed by single player. I like certain multiplayer games though.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:28 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Single-player. There's very few games I've played where I've wanted to play it with someone else, and even in something like Guild Wars, which is an MMO and thus designed for playing with others, I play by myself about 95% of the time.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:30 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Gears of war co-op on insane is fantastic fun.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 03:38 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'm more of a single player type of gamer.

Most of the great games I play, like God of War, most Final Fantasy RPGs, etc are single player games.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:04 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Enjoy both when done right. They appeal to different aspects of what I enjoy. Single player is great for exposition and story driven games and they're usually more chill. Multiplayer is fun when playing with people I know, a more frantic and exciting sidepiece to what single player offers.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:50 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, had my first LAN awhile back.

It was a blast. Funny thing, we just played Half Life 2 Deathmatch, CS and TF2. All great. I thought HL2 DM would suck, but it was awesome.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 04:59 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Both of them for me

My only problem with multiplayer these days is especally for the 360, How it seems to be you either have to be on Xbox live or Have people over for it to get any use out of it whatever happen to using bots??...........Free Radical got it right with the their Timesplitters games.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 05:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

It really depends on the type of game really. And yeah, both.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Both of them for me

My only problem with multiplayer these days is especally for the 360, How it seems to be you either have to be on Xbox live or Have people over for it to get any use out of it whatever happen to using bots??...........Free Radical got it right with the their Timesplitters games.

..what game are you talking about? Most of what I can recall has at least bots or some single player stuff.

Last edited by LilMimister006 on Jan 8th, 2009 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 06:03 AM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can name a couple.............the Halo games.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 06:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

Well that's because Halo's the retarded FPS that pretty much banks everything on online play...even though I was addicted to it for a few months.

edit: and yeah after I posted I was thinkin Halo.

Last edited by LilMimister006 on Jan 8th, 2009 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 06:10 AM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

and also the 360 version of Prey and F.E.A.R. altho with F.E.A.R. its pretty good how it has the Instant Action option.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 06:18 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

depends on the game...I don't think that GTA worked well as multiplayer because it was exectued badly...If they'd done something to promote clans forming gangs and having battles for territory etc then it could have been good.

I don't think games like Metal gear, Zelda etc are suited to multiplayer where as shooters obviously are. Call of Duty 4 wouldn't have had the attention it did without it's superb multiplayer.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 10:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Both. Some games are better when playing by yourself while other games are better when playing with other people.

Of course, it all depends on the genre of the game.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Jan 8th, 2009 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 05:19 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Both. I like to beat the story side of a game on my own. If there are achievements I want to get, I might have someone play co-op with me (GoW 1 & 2). After I beat the game I wanna be able to play a multiplayer online. Thats why Halo 3 was money well spent because I beat the game (Legendary) over a year ago, I still play multiplayer online on a regular basis.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 08:38 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Both.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 12:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Multiplayer.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 11:07 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote