Assassins Creed 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/26/ubisoft-working-hard-on-assassins-creed-2-no-release-date/

It's about time Ubisoft tells us that they're working on a sequel to the popular assassin game. Altair will be back to stick more needles in people's necks but a release date hasn't been announced yet.

General Kaliero
Okay, everyone who finished the game knew a sequel was coming.

Nemesis X
Well, some people might've not finished the game.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Okay, everyone who finished the game knew a sequel was coming.

Unfortunately.

Peach
Didn't they say from the start it was going to be at least two games, possibly a trilogy?

Anyway, the first was a good game, so if they fix the few flaws this should be good.

Nemesis X
What flaws?

Nactous
Glitches.

Nemesis X
I haven't came across any glitches and I beated the game.

Smasandian
There were a ton of flaws in this game. I'm hoping they will fix it because it was a very cool idea and the presentation was awesome.

BackFire
Everything from the first game except the combat and running around was a flaw and poorly conceived/implemented. Maybe they'll get their shit together and make the sequel not a pile of shit.

General Kaliero
The main problems with the first game were disastrous AI, overwhelming repetition, and monotony. Seriously, you had to be so slow to get anywhere safely.

Peach
Or very good at finding hiding places and running quickly.

I chose the latter stick out tongue

BackFire
The guards had horrid AI. When I first started playing the game I was running along on my horse in the outskirts area, and a bunch of guards just started chasing me. Didn't touch them, didn't touch anyone, just riding around, and then guards randomly attacked me.

Funnest thing about the game is complaining about it.

jinXed by JaNx
The AI was atrocious but the combat was unique and enjoyable. I only wish that they had implemented an upgrade system rather than level and reward scheme. Assassins Creed failed because someone was to scared to raise their hand at the discussion table and say...,"rpg?". This game was begging for Rpg elements that just werent there. Freedom to progress as you wish by choosing from several different and unique missons. Not the same five missions recycled over through out the entire game. Instead of customizable upgrades and abilities and unique missions we get broken AI and monotony.

Now, the game did boast a few things better than any other. I am still hard pressed to find a better looking game. The player animations were just incredible and the running and jumping is some of the most fluent i've ever played. I am surprised that the people in charge of Prince of Persia didn't take a look at this game. Wow, The team behind AC deserves both a cake and a biitch slap. I surely hope that the sequel will be worth playing and not just a revisiting of the original.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
The guards had horrid AI. When I first started playing the game I was running along on my horse in the outskirts area, and a bunch of guards just started chasing me. Didn't touch them, didn't touch anyone, just riding around, and then guards randomly attacked me.

They wouldn't just chase you, they would chase you half way around the map.

As GK said, the whole game is about repitition. From the boring mission structure to having the same exact voices and speeches in each city.

I remember trying to kill a guy, and I got bumped by one of the crazies into a guard, I killed him, and then killed the next 5 guys. I got away but didn't go far enough apparently to vanish the bodies so for the next 10 minutes I saw the same guy go " Oh look somebody died", " Oh look somebody died."

I just gave up.

Peach
Originally posted by BackFire

I actually never had that happen. Weird. And I was never exactly cautious or sneaky about anything I was doing, unless I was killing guards on rooftops.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I am surprised that the people in charge of Prince of Persia didn't take a look at this game.
Actually, PoP was built using the Assassin's Creed engine, so this is a really silly thing to say.

Nemesis X
Go ahead and give AC a bunch of crap but it doesn't change the fact that AC was one of 2007's best games of the year.

Mairuzu
Hopefully i wont have to end up selling this one as well

MadMel
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Go ahead and give AC a bunch of crap but it doesn't change the fact that AC was one of 2007's best games of the year.
and titles dont change the fact that it was also one of 2007's most disappointing games erm

jinXed by JaNx
Actually, PoP was built using the Assassin's Creed engine, so this is a really silly thing to say.

Then why doesn't the new Prince of Persia look nothing like AC or feel half as responsive?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Peach
I actually never had that happen. Weird. And I was never exactly cautious or sneaky about anything I was doing, unless I was killing guards on rooftops.

laughing out loud That was another problem with the game. You didn't have to be stealthy and that was supposed to the focus of the game. After about the the halfway mark of the game i learned how to execute the one hit kill counters and that made the rest of the game too easy. I would just run around killing everyone. Even if you didn't use your assassin blade to one hit counter everyone it was still to easy to win. Granted, you felt like a badass all through the game but if you werent using one hit kills the fighting just became tedious. If there had been an upgrade system this would have helped that a great deal.

ArtificialGlory
I wasn't exactly impressed with Assassin's Creed. I hope the second one will be better.

Smasandian

Really, it happened to me all the time. I guess you got lucky.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Then why doesn't the new Prince of Persia look nothing like AC or feel half as responsive?
It doesn't look like AC because a different team was used to design the game, obviously. And it looks great in my opinion.

Despite your personal opinion, it's fact that it still uses the Scimitar Engine, albeit a heavily modified version.

Smasandian
I thought MGS4 used the Assassins Creed engine, but I was wrong.

Nemesis X
http://kotaku.com/5099454/rumor-assassins-creed-2-goes-back-to-the-future

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Hopefully i wont have to end up selling this one as well

Digi
Yeah, if you're an assassin, you should be able to comfortably take on 2-3 armed men. Not 40-50. Which you could. They need to borrow a few ideas from the Thief games, where you actually have to think like the titular criminal in order to survive.

Top-notch production though. I'll wait for reviews to see if the flaws have been fixed, but yes this could be an excellent title.

MadMel
unfortunately thats what we said about the first game before it came out erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Digi
They need to borrow a few ideas from the Thief games, where you actually have to think like the titular criminal in order to survive.

And also when your on a mission like Thief and you get spotted or whatever it may be you get mission failed.

Smasandian
I don't like that.

At least give the player a chance to sneak away. That's where the fun is.

Digi
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also when your on a mission like Thief and you get spotted or whatever it may be you get mission failed.

There's not many levels like that. Maybe 1-2 in the whole series.

Nemesis X
What if Assassins Creed 2 is a prequel? It'll show what that guy has been doing before being held captive by Obstergo (I think that's the name of the company).

Final Blaxican
Do I have poor taste because the Splinter Cell games are my favorite sneaking games (As in, I feel they're done the best)?

Nemesis X
I don't see how liking Splinter Cell means you have poor taste. Isn't Splinter Cell like one of the top franchises?

I just noticed something. At the end of that first AC game, Altair couldn't destroy that orb that gave his master powers. Is Altair gonna have powers in the sequel?

Smasandian
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Do I have poor taste because the Splinter Cell games are my favorite sneaking games (As in, I feel they're done the best)?

Yeah, I love the Splinter Cell games and I do think they do it the best.

Top notch controls.

Choas Theory is one of my favorite games.

Morridini
I too really love Splinter Cell, so if they could combine AC with a few elements from SC then AC2 could be pretty great.

My biggest problem with AC was that we had to push A to "bland in" all the freaking time, rather give us a "threat" and "line of sight" kind of stealthsystem.

Smasandian
Yeah, that wasn't a very good system.

The only thing I wished was some variety in the mission structure. I had no problem going around the city doing things so I can get to the target but why did they have the exact same three things to do.

Why couldn't you eavesdrop while following some guy on the rooftops or something. Or infiltrate some sort of establishment to rough a guy up without just going into the room and then hitting A.

There's so many good things they could of done with the setting.....

General Kaliero
Bringing this back up because we have a new teaser!

Clicking on the symbol at the end brings up a .PDF with instructions for activation, which one would assume relate to the Animus memory fragments available. However, I don't have a webcam, so I don't know if one is strictly necessary.

Morridini
Heh, the was kinda weird.

I printed the PDF, activated the webcam thingy and held the printed image up to the webcam. It "scanned" it, verified it (only the M. FRAG: EFBUI was verified, I guess if I access the site some other day the symbol will ave changed in the PDF file), and we got to see the arm of Altair from Altair's eyes as far as I could tell.

Morridini
Some cool new info in this months GameInformer apparently, screwattack has some previews from it: http://www.screwattack.com/HardNews/041009

So what we know is that it takes place 285 years after AC, and he said we play as a decendant of Desmond, but I guess he meant of Altair, called Ezio. And judging from the pictures Ezio will be able to swim.

Also here's the cover of the new gameinformer with a pic of Ezio:

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/D64AFCAB-0BC0-45DB-8652-666467E6945E/18154/maycoverstory.jpg

Allankles
Originally posted by Morridini
Some cool new info in this months GameInformer apparently, screwattack has some previews from it: http://www.screwattack.com/HardNews/041009

So what we know is that it takes place 285 years after AC, and he said we play as a decendant of Desmond, but I guess he meant of Altair, called Ezio. And judging from the pictures Ezio will be able to swim.

Also here's the cover of the new gameinformer with a pic of Ezio:

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/D64AFCAB-0BC0-45DB-8652-666467E6945E/18154/maycoverstory.jpg

I just got my game informer today, AC 2 is shaping up to be one hell of a game, can't wait.

Nemesis X
That assassin looks more badass than Altair. Is there any confirmation of a release date yet?

Peach
November, most likely. I can't remember the exact date off of the top of my head but I went and looked it up when I was at work on Thursday.

I flipped straight to the article when I got my Game Informer, and yeah, it looks like it's going to be great. The stuff they're adding is going to be awesome, and I like that they realized that the first could get a bit monotonous and are changing things up.

Also, Ezio can swim stick out tongue

KingD19
Game comes out christmas time, and you can do a lot more than swim.

Nemesis X
Also, Ezio can swim stick out tongue

About time Ubisoft got that through their heads. Sometimes when I miss jumping to another pole, I miss it and instantly die in the water. Dying because of jumping into water has got to be the dumbest thing that has ever happened in videogames.

ThunderGodEneru
Game looks great, read it in my issue of Game Informer, am liking what they are saying about the combat system, cannot wait for a trailer showing it.

KingD19
You can use any weapon you're enemies drop, and do like 16 types of mission. It's Assassin's Creed I on steroids.

Morridini
Any words in Game Informer on whether or not they fixed the stealth aspect? Like not just holding down A to be "invisible".

KingD19
Not really, but now Ezio can blend with any crowd, not just the scholars in white. They have probably fixed that problem since there's a notoriety meter now.

Bluesteel
They should play some Theif and learn from that series imo.

and yes as it has been said before make it more "real" make guards smarter, make spontaneous things happend around the city so that somehow the perfectly planned kill can sometimes end up in a total mess because of fights. fires. or whatever.

Hire alot of voice actors!!! geez it felt like it was somesort of theater play that only had 5 ppl onboard.

get rid of some of the filler quests, I atleast would like it to be focus more on the story so and not just kill for no reason whatso ever. the quests need more background imo.

make a awesome combo system when fighting, that would be cool, while the system used was alright, it got very repetative as every guard was the same.

While I like the fictional take on historic accounts, I would love if they further explored this and added alot of historic events and characters to the game smile

KingD19
They should play some Theif and learn from that series imo.

^ Not sure if they did, but it's a lot better.

and yes as it has been said before make it more "real" make guards smarter, make spontaneous things happend around the city so that somehow the perfectly planned kill can sometimes end up in a total mess because of fights. fires. or whatever.

^They totally upgraded the guards and crowds, you can even get away by knocking over parts of buildings and stuff.

Hire alot of voice actors!!! geez it felt like it was somesort of theater play that only had 5 ppl onboard.

^Don't know if they did, but they should.

get rid of some of the filler quests, I atleast would like it to be focus more on the story so and not just kill for no reason whatso ever. the quests need more background imo.

^They now have 16, versatile mission types, so if it is filler, it won't get repetitive for a long time. ANd they have made the story a lot more interesting than just kill this guy, kill that guy.

make a awesome combo system when fighting, that would be cool, while the system used was alright, it got very repetative as every guard was the same.

^Now you can use any weapon in the game, even those dropped by guards, including your assassin blades(you have two now, and you get to keep your ring fingers), swords, knives, short swords, maces, axes, halberds, etc..... Plus you can really fight hand to hand, and fight dirty, like crotch shots, throat punches, and throwing sand in their face.

While I like the fictional take on historic accounts, I would love if they further explored this and added alot of historic events and characters to the game smile

^They fixed this as well, they have a bunch of realistic events and characters, like Leonardo da Vinci(he makes your weapons, and you get to use his flying machine.) They even have realistic assassination attempts, like you trying to kill Lorenzo de' Medici during church.

General Kaliero
To be fair, they made it sound like others will try and fail to assassinate Lorenzo, and in the aftermath you'll become a friend of the Medici family. You'll probably help foil the attempt.

First_Tsurugi06
Am I alone when saying that I think the character's attire design looks kinda...fruity?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Am I alone when saying that I think the character's attire design looks kinda...fruity?
How so? It looks like the Renaissance evolution of the Assassins' usual attire.

THE JLRTENJAC
Any words in Game Informer on whether or not they fixed the stealth aspect? Like not just holding down A to be "invisible".

Yea, it's kinda fake when you can kill a guard right infront of another guard and get away with it by pressing A.

And I hope they put more concequences for when you assisinate someone in the middle of a crowd, In AC1 you could just walk through a crowd of people, assassinating every other person and noone even lifts an eyebrow.

ThunderGodEneru
Am I alone when saying that I think the character's attire design looks kinda...fruity? You would only think that is you didn't know alot about the Renaissance.

Such attire is basically a more contemporary(in Renaissance times) version of what Altair wore.

General G
Originally posted by KingD19
^They fixed this as well, they have a bunch of realistic events and characters, like Leonardo da Vinci(he makes your weapons, and you get to use his flying machine.) They even have realistic assassination attempts, like you trying to kill Lorenzo de' Medici during church.

Loving this, The Medicic were probably one of my favorite parts of learning about the Renaissance.

And also really liking (as well as thinking it looks totally badass) that this 'new' Altair has two hidden blades wink

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
You would only think that is you didn't know alot about the Renaissance.

Such attire is basically a more contemporary(in Renaissance times) version of what Altair wore.

I'm aware of that, don't get me wrong. I just think they're exagerrating on it.

General Kaliero
I'm aware of that, don't get me wrong. I just think they're exagerrating on it.
They really aren't, though.

Gooogle Bot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_4FcW0eVY&feature=channel_page

Leak footage. big grin

YodaIam
Altair looked better.

Anon E. Mous
How can you say that?!

YodaIam
Because I think it true. Not fussed on this guy so far.

General Kaliero
You barely saw Ezio anyway. I like both, but I'm digging the Renaissance flair.

...hah, Renaissance Flaire.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by YodaIam
Altair looked better.

Bullcrap

General Kaliero
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50141.html

Official trailer.

I am stoked. The setting is going to be simply amazing, and I'm liking Ezio. As well as the weapon reveal at the very end.

KingD19
I'm definitely like Ezio more, that style, he can still be a little playful, while Altair is as serious as death.

Peach
Oh man that trailer made me want the game now.

KingD19
Well guess what Peach? You'll have to wait till the holidays.

Peach

Gee, no kidding? I wasn't aware of that, despite having reserved the game the very first day it came up on the reserve lists at my store.

I haven't been excited over any games for months. This looks awesome, and I can't wait for it to come out.

General Kaliero
What the hell?

Since when was kicking someone for being excited cool?

KingD19
Since I feel the same way she does.

Morridini
And here's a gameplay demo: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-assassins-creed/50252

Getting very excited, release this year sounds nice. However I disliked that the hanglider could gain so much altitude so fast.

Neo Darkhalen
If this game is in no way a failure like it's predecessor was, then I may actually be sold on the series, I have to admit it's looking good.

I just hope it's not a let down like the first one was.

Morridini
The first one was neither a let down or a failure imo, it had its flaws, but a very entertaining game.

Smasandian
Unless the game is much better than the original, I don't care.

I was bored stiff after my third assassination.

Nemesis X
I heard Leonardo Da Vinci will appear in this game and you'll ride his plane which looks really fun. On the down side is that if it gets hit by one fire arrow you're screwed.

KingD19
Leo doesn't just appear, he's your resident tech head.

AlmightyKfish
Double hidden blades look pretty cool.

Gives you a whole new range of ways to stab people in the face.

=D

KingD19
Or shoot them in the face.

First_Tsurugi06
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50141.html

Official trailer.

I am stoked. The setting is going to be simply amazing, and I'm liking Ezio. As well as the weapon reveal at the very end.

Hot damn.

If I had half a single brain cell less, I'd probably mistake that for live-action. Hell, I've suddenly forgotten whatever it was that I'd been complaining about with Ezio earlier.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
Unless the game is much better than the original, I don't care.

I was bored stiff after my third assassination.

You said it. A great setting and art means shit if the game design is bad and redundant again.

They know though, they'll probably spice it up more this time.

Smasandian
I just hope it's the mission objectives instead of " Hey this guy has two knives and can fly a makeshit plane".

S_D_J
Is it weird to want this game so bad, when the first one was stale?

no expression

cruel jedi
I loved the first one big grin clocked that n saw the strange vision. The new one doesnt have desmond in it. A new guy has takin his place he is more agile and unlike altair he can swim. This one is set in italy big grin

General Kaliero
Originally posted by cruel jedi
I loved the first one big grin clocked that n saw the strange vision. The new one doesnt have desmond in it. A new guy has takin his place he is more agile and unlike altair he can swim. This one is set in italy big grin
I believe it was already stated that this game is still Desmond, just experiencing the memories of Ezio instead of Altair.

Cosmic Cube
I love that quote in your sig, Kaliero. (the bottom one)

It's so profound, and the more I read fanfics, greater depths of it's truth are revealed to me.

Did you make it up yourself? It's really great. You're like the Plato of KMC forums.

General Kaliero
More appropriate in the Off-Topic thread, CC. Try to stay focused on the game in here.

Cosmic Cube
More appropriate in the Off-Topic thread, CC. Try to stay focused on the game in here. Sorry about that. My mind tends to roam. And, I'll take that as a "thanks". wink

Anyway, I love the whole premise of Assassin's Creed. Genetic memory would be totally radbadical if it were real. (assuming that it isn't, some scientists would say it is, but I've never recalled the memories of any of my ancestors to my recollection.)

Does it have a release date?

lil bitchiness
I am thinking of pre-ordering a copy of the game, but since Ubisoft is just around the corner, not sure if it's worth it. The trailer looks incredible, though.

DarkC
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
since Ubisoft is just around the corner
HAX!

Digi
Originally posted by S_D_J
Is it weird to want this game so bad, when the first one was stale?

no expression

I'm kinda the same way. There were such awesome elements mixed with such awful ones. Not a great game. But yeah, I'm excited about this one.

Peach
Not at all, if you've read anything about AC2.

Morridini
First part of the live-action prologue to AC2 is now up: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/part-1-assassins-creed/58203

And it's not near as bad as the trailer wanted it to seem, quite decent actualy.

Doctor-Alvis
I'm kind of torn. I actually liked that you could literally solve every problem in the first one with murder, but I would like the stealth portion to be more important.

AsbestosFlaygon
4mYlPTYkvGw

I'd buy AC2 if it isn't as slow and boring as the first one

Kazenji
Went to a Games Expo today and seen this game being played

going by what was shown its alot better then the first one.

Kazenji
Has anyone else checked out them Lineage video's ?

Morridini
The second one is up?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I would like the stealth portion to be more important.

...or existing.

Stealth isn't "We've programmed the A.I. to ignore you when you do certain animations.".

Let me prefix this by saying I own and liked the first game.

In the trailer for 2, one I saw, he pays these guys to fight the guards and distract them. Cool idea.

Then he runs right through the middle of two duelling fighters and they didn't notice because they were in mid-fight animation. That's not excusable in a stealth game.

Additionally, everything is stealth except the kill. Creeping around and then pressing the assassination button, which only goes ignored by the crowd because they say it should, is not stealth.

Sure, they notice after, but they give you time to walk away.

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed, and it was just fun enough that the flaws were overlooked. If 2 is the same, I'll get it.

It'll be flawed and it'll be repetitive, but that may not stop it being good. I just hope the stealth aspect is better.

-AC

MooCowofJustice
I watched someone play this for a few seconds on a live stream earlier. It looks like a lot of fun.

Kazenji
The second one is up?

and also the 3rd one but it leaves it opens for a fourth one.

FistOfThe North
i'm loving this game already.

the characters have more life than in pt. 1, the graphics are better overall. (and you can swim!)

since yesterday, i've really gotten into it. made it pretty far so far. maybe i can beat the game by tommorow. (who knows)

8/10 so far.

now, back to it..

KingD19
How did you get it already, did you illegally download it??? I have to wait till tuesday...YOU BASTARD!!!!!

FistOfThe North

Peach
Look, I thought I made this clear before, but apparently I haven't enough.

We do not allow any discussion of anything illegal here. If you are playing a game before it's release, you are only doing so through illegal means. Talking about playing a game before it is actually released falls under this.

You have been told about this multiple times. This is an official warning.

Nemesis X
You having AC2 early is a load of bull. One time someone told me they got Silent Hill Homecoming a month before its release and I knew he didn't illegally get it because he's too stupid to do something like that which made him look even more stupid when he said he did that.

You're full of it FistOfTheNorth. Admit it.

FistOfThe North
You having AC2 early is a load of bull. One time someone told me they got Silent Hill Homecoming a month before its release and I knew he didn't illegally get it because he's too stupid to do something like that which made him look even more stupid when he said he did that.

believe what you will.

of course there are ways of proving that i do have the game. like for example tonight i can instantly send you a phone pic or even better a video taken by me right now, of the title screen, of me playing the game, i'd metion the time and date, mention my tag name and yours, i'd bring up this conversation, it's date and time, and as a double bonus show you my library of 30 games. i'd even create LFD2 for you to see, as well.

but since i kinda like coming on here from time to time and talking about video games even more so than getting kicked for doing what i'm now doing right now, i'm not going to do that, so this'll be that last time i speak to about my having the game early on thread.

S_D_J
We do not allow any discussion of anything illegal here. If you are playing a game before it's release, you are only doing so through illegal means. Talking about playing a game before it is actually released falls under this.

I don't wanna be prick or anything, but are you serious? no expression

That doesn't even make sense.

Are advance reviews also not allowed to be discussed here?

whether he got it illegally doesn't really matter since he never said so, nor is he telling anyone how to "get" the game.

And it happens that sometimes you can legally get a game before it's officially released.
http://www.gamesabyss.com/news/1066-gamestops-continue-to-break-street-dates-assassin%27s-creed-2--l4d2
no expression

It's just talk about the game, if it's good or how it plays

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing it already... but it looks like it'll be a month before I can get my hands on it... and I plan on playing the PSP game before this one..

and AC: Lineage is sick, I can't wait for the next episode

Peach
Originally posted by S_D_J
I don't wanna be prick or anything, but are you serious? no expression

That doesn't even make sense.

Are advance reviews also not allowed to be discussed here?

whether he got it illegally doesn't really matter since he never said so, nor is he telling anyone how to "get" the game.

And it happens that sometimes you can legally get a game before it's officially released.
http://www.gamesabyss.com/news/1066-gamestops-continue-to-break-street-dates-assassin%27s-creed-2--l4d2
no expression

It's just talk about the game, if it's good or how it plays

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing it already... but it looks like it'll be a month before I can get my hands on it... and I plan on playing the PSP game before this one..

and AC: Lineage is sick, I can't wait for the next episode

Yes, I am serious, and yes, it does make sense.

Advance reviews can be discussed because they're from people who were allowed to get the game early and hence did so going through the proper channels and did so legally.

If you happen to get a copy from somewhere that's authorized to release it early (which I have never before heard of happening, it is incredibly rare), then that is fine.

However, if someone has in the past bragged about pirating games, then it's pretty clear that if they are playing it before the release, then they are not doing so legally.

S_D_J
Fair enough.

but it does happen that you can get a copy earlier... as it did with MW2, and it's the case with AC2 and L4D2

I happened to have scored a SF4 copy earlier as well, before the game was released... though that one wasn't street dated I think

Peach
SF4 was street-dated.

And as I said, it's rare that someone gets a copy of a game early through legit means.

Dark Exile

Some GameStops have been selling it early.

-Pr-
We got ours the other day, including some weird box tin thing.. I want to play it... sad

Dark Exile
So did my brothers.

BackFire
It's really not that rare at all. Most mom and pop stores and smaller chains break street dates regularly. 711's, too.

I have several places near me that do so regularly. Just have to know where to look.

First_Tsurugi06
In buying it at the midnight launch, and after 4 hours of playing it, I'll just say that a certain character's introduction is already the most epic reference that any game has made to another game ever.

I won't say, but you'll know it when you hear it.

Peach
I picked it up last night, only played for a bit over an hour, though. Stupid class today.

Ezio is quickly proving to be an absolutely hilarious main character.

Game is awesome so far. And, just as with the first, I refuse to travel through the streets if I can get there by going over the rooftops stick out tongue

Morridini
So for those of you that have it, is there a place like the Kindom in AC 1? An open area connecting all the cities, or is there just teleporting from city to city?

First_Tsurugi06
If I had to guess, it'd be Monteriggioni/Villa, the city where Ezio's uncle (hint to my previous post) lives. I think a trailer said it starts out all decrepit, but you can do stuff to liven it up.

BackFire
Gamefly is sending this to me tomorrow. Win/win. Get to play it, and if it's crap like the first it cost me near nothing. Though from what I'm hearing it's a lot better than the first.

KingD19
I just picked it up, I will play it for about 12 hours straight.

KingD19
In buying it at the midnight launch, and after 4 hours of playing it, I'll just say that a certain character's introduction is already the most epic reference that any game has made to another game ever.

LOL, dude, that was hilarious. I can't believe they did that so well, and you'd never think about that happening, but yeah, it's the most epic...evar.

Scythe
LOL, dude, that was hilarious. I can't believe they did that so well, and you'd never think about that happening, but yeah, it's the most epic...evar.

What's the reference?

KingD19
When you leave Florenza with your mom and sister to go to your uncles villa, you get attacked by Vieri Pazzi(the guy you fight at the start of the game). His men then get slaughtered by arrows. Then a guy who looks like a fit Ron Jeremy with a scar over his blind eye comes out with his men. You and them fight Pazzi's men. When it's over, Ezio thanks him. Then the guys like, you don't recognize me Ezio. Ezio asks who he is...Then the guy says... IT'S A ME, MARIO!!!!

Scythe
When you leave Florenza with your mom and sister to go to your uncles villa, you get attacked by Vieri Pazzi(the guy you fight at the start of the game). His men then get slaughtered by arrows. Then a guy who looks like a fit Ron Jeremy with a scar over his blind eye comes out with his men. You and them fight Pazzi's men. When it's over, Ezio thanks him. Then the guys like, you don't recognize me Ezio. Ezio asks who he is...Then the guy says... IT'S A ME, MARIO!!!!

Hahaha, epic.

Peach
That part was awesome. I already knew about it beforehand, but even so. I burst out laughing at that.

I'm right now in Tuscany, to assassinate Vieri. Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like to, sadly.

I also seem to have a talent in dropping down/falling off a buildings right into a bunch of guards. Whoops.

KingD19
Those glyphs have been kicking my ass. I get through a few, but sometimes I have to wait for the advice button to pop up.

BackFire
I'm just starting this game, about to get to the first Assassination mission, and it's already way better than the first. Way better plot and pacing and story structure.

Zack Fair

I also seem to have a talent in dropping down/falling off a buildings right into a bunch of guards. Whoops.

!!!!!!!

KingD19
lol, metal gear

Peach
laughing out loud stick out tongue

Also, using groups of courtesans to distract guards? Brilliant.

I also kinda tend to pickpocket everyone I walk past. Makes me giggle.

Morridini
Are there any annoying things like the drunks and beggars from AC 1?

KingD19
I use courtesans from time to time, but more often than not I employ thieves and mercs.

And I now get about 10,000+ florens every 20 minutes. I've completley upgraded the villa, but I've yet to buy all the paintings, armor and weapons.

Peach

I haven't come across any drunks or beggars yet, but once or twice I was 'accosted' by a singing minstrel stick out tongue

BackFire

I'm very early on and I've not seen any drunken shovers. And thank god for that, hopefully it stays that way because the drunks were the most annoying part of the first game. Hopefully they did away with them completely.

KingD19
Like Peach said, the only follower I've seen so far is the minstrel, but you can easily get rid of them by tossing some money on the ground, or just knocking their lute out of their hands.

And the shovers from the 1st game were horrible, and most of the time I just ended up beating them senseless. Although I sorta felt bad about beating on the handicapped ones.

MooCowofJustice
Is there a worse penalty for killing a civilian this time around? 'cause in the last game there wasn't a lot of incentive for me to not kill the drunks/crazy people and punch the beggars until they fell to the ground unconscious.

KingD19
I've only killed 2 innocents, and that was on accident. I killed a minstrel, and a fat lady. All I got was a warning, and it said Ezio didn't kill innocents.

Tsal Can

Ah, heard about that one a few weeks ago. Look forward to getting to see it.

First_Tsurugi06
Beat it just a few minutes ago, and I really don't have many words to describe it, and I mean that in the way that was seriously a pretty f'ing heavy piece of plot we get with that. In reading half of the first sentence of the final plot paragraph on the wikia site, guessing thus far how that had relelvance to what few excerpts of "The Truth" I have since obtained, and deducing what the codex pages were of about halfway through, this ending no doubt answers the question of AC1's cliffhanger, and sets up for something that has gotten me pretty intrigued on the whole 2012 jazz. Hell, the specified day (December 21) is my birthday so if Mayan superstition holds any water, then maybe Ray Romano, Andy Dick, Samuel L. Jackson and myself have more in store than everyone else lol.

Don't get me wrong, the whole explanation in the game is something out of the most non-sensical sci-fi flick you'd ever see, but what might make for a bad movie should make for a good game, and vice versa (that's probably why video game movies always suck).

KingD19
FInding the Codex Pages is easy, it's finding the glyphs and deciphering them that I'm having trouble with. I want to find them all so bad, but I'm probably going to have to see a vid if I don't.

General Kaliero
Just beat it, with all Glyph puzzles found and completed.

It was a trip, I must say. The Glyph puzzles go a long way toward rounding out the story, and I'm not sure how much sense the plot makes without doing them all. The reward for all twenty, however, just makes it that much more confusing.

I have everything but the feathers completed now in Monteriggioni, and I think I will, in fact, continue searching for the other 50, though probably with a guide.

BackFire
I beat it last night as well.

Definitely a huge improvement over the first. The missions, or particularly, the chores in order to get to the missions, were much less repetitive and were actually unique and organic to each specific mission, which was nice. However I think I'm simply against the idea of having to do what basically amounts to busy work in order to get to the assassination missions. They end up being something you have to do and that you just want to get done, rather than something fun. Some are better than others, of course, but as a whole I simply don't like the design scheme.

The story is better this time around, though the ending is goofy and pretentious, but at least it has an ending this time around. And it's still engaging and interesting and sets up the next game well.

The cities are amazingly well designed and feel like they're bubbling with life. It's still great fun to climb up to the highest building you can find and see the view. Goes to the amazing graphics in this game.

And while I'm very pleased they got rid of the shoving drunks, they now have bards who will run up to you and annoy you and stand in your way. While these guys aren't nearly as annoying as the drunks who would randomly shove you and potentially break a mission through no fault of your own in the first game, I still don't see a need for NPC's whose sole purpose for existence is to simply be obnoxious and annoying.

Overall a much tighter and better designed game than the first. Better characters, too. And hookers are fun.

Mairuzu
I suppose i'll rent this

General Kaliero
I managed to collect all 100 feathers, with the help of a guide. The Auditore Cape is... particularly useless. Someone had fun coming up with that reward.

I'm working through the Assassination Contracts and Races city by city now. The races are... pretty basic; haven't lost one yet. The Contracts fell by the wayside as I focused on the main plot, and doing them now I realize they're what I was missing while playing through the story. Most of the main hits are "Find this person" and "Kill this person," with no extra stipulations. When I finally beat the Contract in San Gimignano that requires you to kill five guards without being detected, I had a true sense of satisfaction. Those missions, where you have to move like a ghost, instead of slaughtering everything that looks at you funny, are what really make me feel like I'm playing an Assassin.

First_Tsurugi06
I think there's some kind of sound glitch for me in the last act of the game. Having beaten it, and now playing through race missions that I didin't do earlier, the music that usually plays in the BG isn't playing now.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'll be honest that it's kind of pissing me off. 1. It's my favorite track, and 2. It's just another example of how prone to glitches Ubisoft game can typically be especially with being unable to hold down solid sound design for their f'ing lives.

AsbestosFlaygon
Okay guys..
Is this game worth the money? Is it better than the 1st one?

I just bought a new gaming rig, and I'm planning to buy it, as soon as the PC version is released.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>