Does anyone else have/play/knowabout this game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
Does anyone else here play unreal tournament III? I mean seriously its got amazing graphics and stuff. i was just wondering if it just didn't get any publicity in america/anywhere because its a really nice fps.

occultdestroyer
Yes.

It doesn't get much publicity because North Americans gamers are generally in favor of FPS or online MMORPGs.

Raoul
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Does anyone else here play unreal tournament III? I mean seriously its got amazing graphics and stuff. i was just wondering if it just didn't get any publicity in america/anywhere because its a really nice fps.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Yes.

It doesn't get much publicity because North Americans gamers are generally in favor of FPS or online MMORPGs.

huh

Lord Knightfa11
I'm pretty sure that means that north american gameboys have fanboyistic tendencies towards Halo, but ut3 is a fps and the unreal tournament series is like halo's daddy. Its also on a bigger scale with more customizeable players and more/better/easier to manuever vehicles, which makes me wonder why nobody i know plays it or has even heard about it.

KakashiKun
My friend is willing to trade that game to me for my Mk vs DC game. wacko

Bardock42
I haven't checked out UT 3 (my PC probably couldn't take it anyways. Maybe I'll get it for a console. But yes, the Unreal Tournament series tends to be really fun.

jinXed by JaNx
I dont like deathmatches. They are pointless to me, it's like running in a circle or better yet. It's like putting your head up against a wall and then trying to run through the wall. The game never changes. I can tell you though, if i did like deathmatches. I would definitely be into unreal tournament. Halo is the the most overrated game in all of history. Thats neither here nor there though, because i'm not a fan of either. I know i a shit load of people play it though, just not as often because it's well, rather old now considering the current onslaught of new titles.

Smasandian
UT2004 was awesome.

UT3 was crap in my opinion. Gamers are going towards more modern shooters like COD4, and anything Valve. UT3 didn't do anything to really set itself away from the competition. Hell, they took out modes from UT2004.

Lord Knightfa11
Yes, i got like addicted to ut2004 and played an infinite amount of torlan and that one game where its like a huge vehicle chase. ut3 doesn't have that map, so it made me sad but awesome things like how cool the tenticles work on everything make this game ftw. I really liked the added equipment like the hoverboard and the cicada, but was disappointed by the lack of modes :/

The highlight of course was the necris vehicles.
yN5DUZficD8

Kazenji
I've got Unreal Tournament 1 for the PC and love it and i've also got the second one (2004) but the PC that i use can't exactly play it that great.

ThunderGodEneru
It's a fun game IMO.

Burning thought
Ime the only Tournament Champion!

BackFire
I have it. It's decent, nothing spectacular though. Very good graphics but it got delayed for so long that the hype died and nobody cared by the time it came out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.