The Haunting in Connecticut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
Alright, where are the horror movie fans?? I am extremely excited for this movie. The trailer is deliciously creepy, and it has Elias Koteas in it!! For those of you unaware, that is THE Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

niraka
Hellz yea!!!! My sis and I are so excited about that movie. It looks so good!!!!!!

thumb up thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ariwin
Alright, where are the horror movie fans?? I am extremely excited for this movie. The trailer is deliciously creepy, and it has Elias Koteas in it!! For those of you unaware, that is THE Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

this seems interesting, i may see this

jinXed by JaNx
Godamn right!, I'm gonna be at the opening with bells on, I hope this one "flips my shit" looks like one of those rare horror movies that come once every generation. smile

Nemesis X
For god sakes, how many of these crappy ghost movies are they gonna make?

niraka
Originally posted by Nemesis X
For god sakes, how many of these crappy ghost movies are they gonna make?

Dude, I agree with jinXed by JaNx. You never see many horror movies like this one. Yes sure it is a horror movie like others but if you watch the trailers and stuff you can see that this is a horror movie but it has something about it that separates it from the rest. SO GO SEE IT!!!!!

Bloinky
Its PG-13, so this movie will fail like all horror movies that are PG-13.

SelinaAndBruce
It looks terrible to me. And it's based on true events which means it isn't based on shit at all, lol

ariwin
Well technically, SelinaAndBruce, this is actually legit story...not just loose events. There's a Discovery Channel special about this family which I saw, and I was definitely more than a little creeped out. Discover Channel Clip

As for PG-13, I don't think this by any means indicates a "tame" horror movie. Poltergeist (which scared the hell out of me) was re-rated at PG a today's standards. If nothing else, it says to me that it's going to be real shock value and not just gore that's meant to substitute for scary.

Still looking forward to it over here!! eek!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by niraka
if you watch the trailers and stuff you can see that this is a horror movie but it has something about it that separates it from the rest. SO GO SEE IT!!!!!

That's what people said about the Unborn and look how that piece of **** movie turned out.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Bloinky
Its PG-13, so this movie will fail like all horror movies that are PG-13.

that doesn't mean anything, have a little faith my brother. There is bound to be another good mainstream horror movie out there somewhere.

I'm not saying this movie is it. This flick could be awful for all i know but PG13 just means no explicit gore, violence and language. Since when did we need gore and cursing to be scared?

ariwin
I completely agree, Jinxed.

And speaking of gore (but not intense gore), I just found a post for a motion poster of the film...it's...intense...I am really going to need to know ASAP what is going on here.

jinXed by JaNx
I completely agree, Jinxed.

And speaking of gore (but not intense gore), I just found a post for a motion poster of the film...it's...intense...I am really going to need to know ASAP what is going on here.

That is definitely some creepy stuff fear Looks like the kid is spewing out a demonic spirit

have you seen the Documentary about the story? I believe it was on the discovery Channel a little while ago. It was titled the same as the movie. That was one of the only Haunting stories that really gave me chills. laughing out loud If the movie is half as good as that then it should be a fun ride.

Sadako of Girth
Wasnt the Grudge a PG13 in the states...?
lolz

AC/DC'S_LVR
i saw the Discovery channel documentary on this story
love it cant wait

niraka
Originally posted by Nemesis X
That's what people said about the Unborn and look how that piece of **** movie turned out.

except that that just didn't look as appealing as this

ariwin
The mom, Carmen Reed, still does a lot of press about the house and I think even wrote a book about it recently. She seems to really support the film's take on what happened, so I think that can give some reassurance that the movie is going to stay pretty accurate to the real life events.

Walker.I
The trailer looks neat, but doesn't hold any intensity or creep factor at all.

ariwin
I saw another clip on JoBlo this morning: Birds

I admit it, I jumped...they do a nice job of distracting you from where th scare is coming.

jdea
usually I don't even bother watching "scary" movies anymore, as nowadays they're all just gore and well, more gore... but since I dwell in CT, and watched the documentary or w/e like a year or two ago, I may watch it

DrewFelton
looking forward to it... but i think last house ont he left was a freakin awesome movie too.... that was a thriller in all regards.... but this movie looks scary as hell good luck to all who watch this by themselves

Master Crimzon
... looks like a complete ripoff of the Amityville Horror, but these films were pretty much okay... hopefully this one will be, too.

ariwin
This one is a little different to me because Amityville had that murder angle, but this one is more that seances done in the house are what caused the spirits to get pissed. A little more justified I feel like...what spirit likes to be disturbed!?

I'm kind of a haunted house/true story freak. I guarantee I wouldn't even last one night in a supposedly haunted house...apparently this place is still standing, but I sure as hell won't be staying there, haha.

Council#13
I can't wait till it comes out!
It's a pity that Discovery Channel stopped producing the show.

omgchos
Yeah its just another Ammityville, but still prolly worth the watching. However, the way horror movies have been going lately, it'll prolly be a dud.

dadudemon
I saw this movie last night. One of the better horror films I saw. It could use plenty of improvements. However, I am MUCH harsher on horror films than just about anyone else out there because I write horror...and I know that Hollywood massively fails to produce true horror these days.

My friend said that this movie was a bit too much for him...meaning it was rather scary and he was frightened. He said that the hairs on his neck, arms, and legs stood on end several times throughout the film. So, it will scare the shit of out the average movie goer at parts.

One thing I don't like about horror films these days is the cheap scares. They always make it quite, slow camera movements, then a quick movement with a loud noise and loud orchestral hit. It's a cheap scare and it's bullshit. This film had cheap thrills to spare.

However, it is not the "cheap scare" that truly scares a person. It is the psychological aspect of horror that inflicts the deep scare. I'm referring to the kind of scare that worries a normal person for days after watching the film. True horror.

This film hits those moments at times and it worked really well. like the first time the dead bodies instantly appeared, with their creepy ass foggy eyes with no eye-lids, and their rotting dead grayish flesh with the latin magical writing carved into their flesh. Something about them instantly apearing around him seemed delightfully frightening. Also, the time the charred boy appeared in the window and was looking at Will was rather freaky and scary. I loved that moment. Another moment was when the hot cousin lady was looking at the bird in the bed and the dude stepped forward...more on this later.

I saw another clip on JoBlo this morning: Birds

I admit it, I jumped...they do a nice job of distracting you from where th scare is coming.

Okay, in the actual film, that dude's face can be seen. It is VERY creepy. Very well done. All I can say is make sure you look at his very creepy eyes at that part of the film.

I give it a 7 out of 10. If they would have developed more of the physical harm side of the film (making it R), focused more on psychological scares than cheap scares, eliminated the VERY corny moments when Virginia Madsen was on screen about 3 times, and eliminated just SOME of the cheesy seance portions, it could have been much better.

Mairuzu
nice review mon, maybe i will check it out...

on bootleg

doomsday49
Originally posted by niraka
Dude, I agree with jinXed by JaNx. You never see many horror movies like this one. Yes sure it is a horror movie like others but if you watch the trailers and stuff you can see that this is a horror movie but it has something about it that separates it from the rest. SO GO SEE IT!!!!!

ROFLMAO!

idowhatiamtold
lol casey jones. was that guy in any other movies? it looks good, would love to check it out

Mr Parker
Well technically, SelinaAndBruce, this is actually legit story...not just loose events. There's a Discovery Channel special about this family which I saw, and I was definitely more than a little creeped out. Discover Channel Clip

As for PG-13, I don't think this by any means indicates a "tame" horror movie. Poltergeist (which scared the hell out of me) was re-rated at PG a today's standards. If nothing else, it says to me that it's going to be real shock value and not just gore that's meant to substitute for scary.

Still looking forward to it over here!! eek!

Thats what I think separates this movie from the ordinary average horror movie is all these events apparently DID happen.Its like the amityville horror.a true life story. and yeah,dont think it wont be scary cause of the pg13 rating.movies these days rated that might as well be rated R because many are just as scary as R films.their really isnt any difference between a pg 13 movie and an R film.as for the movie,seen it twice.Loved it both times.

Mr Parker
saw this movie again this weekend for the third time.This so far has been my favorite movie of the year.I will probably be putting it in my favorites list soon.

Mr Parker
this is such a great movie.I love it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.