KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Haunting in Connecticut

The Haunting in Connecticut
Started by: ariwin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ariwin

The Haunting in Connecticut

Alright, where are the horror movie fans?? I am extremely excited for this movie. The trailer is deliciously creepy, and it has Elias Koteas in it!! For those of you unaware, that is THE Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 08:47 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
niraka
bordem is boring

Hellz yea!!!! My sis and I are so excited about that movie. It looks so good!!!!!!

thumb up thumb up

I am not drunk, I am by nature a loud, clumsy and crazy person.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 06:44 PM
niraka is currently offline Click here to Send niraka a Private Message Find more posts by niraka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ariwin
Alright, where are the horror movie fans?? I am extremely excited for this movie. The trailer is deliciously creepy, and it has Elias Koteas in it!! For those of you unaware, that is THE Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

this seems interesting, i may see this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 10:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Godamn right!, I'm gonna be at the opening with bells on, I hope this one "flips my shit" looks like one of those rare horror movies that come once every generation. smile

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 01:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

For god sakes, how many of these crappy ghost movies are they gonna make?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 02:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
niraka
bordem is boring

Originally posted by Nemesis X
For god sakes, how many of these crappy ghost movies are they gonna make?

Dude, I agree with jinXed by JaNx. You never see many horror movies like this one. Yes sure it is a horror movie like others but if you watch the trailers and stuff you can see that this is a horror movie but it has something about it that separates it from the rest. SO GO SEE IT!!!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 05:47 AM
niraka is currently offline Click here to Send niraka a Private Message Find more posts by niraka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Its PG-13, so this movie will fail like all horror movies that are PG-13.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 10:49 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

It looks terrible to me. And it's based on true events which means it isn't based on shit at all, lol

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 12:37 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Well technically, SelinaAndBruce, this is actually legit story...not just loose events. There's a Discovery Channel special about this family which I saw, and I was definitely more than a little creeped out. Discover Channel Clip

As for PG-13, I don't think this by any means indicates a "tame" horror movie. Poltergeist (which scared the hell out of me) was re-rated at PG a today's standards. If nothing else, it says to me that it's going to be real shock value and not just gore that's meant to substitute for scary.

Still looking forward to it over here!! eek!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:07 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by niraka
if you watch the trailers and stuff you can see that this is a horror movie but it has something about it that separates it from the rest. SO GO SEE IT!!!!!

That's what people said about the Unborn and look how that piece of **** movie turned out.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 11:44 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Bloinky
Its PG-13, so this movie will fail like all horror movies that are PG-13.

that doesn't mean anything, have a little faith my brother. There is bound to be another good mainstream horror movie out there somewhere.

I'm not saying this movie is it. This flick could be awful for all i know but PG13 just means no explicit gore, violence and language. Since when did we need gore and cursing to be scared?

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 02:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I completely agree, Jinxed.

And speaking of gore (but not intense gore), I just found a post for a motion poster of the film...it's...intense...I am really going to need to know ASAP what is going on here.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 07:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by ariwin
I completely agree, Jinxed.

And speaking of gore (but not intense gore), I just found a post for a motion poster of the film...it's...intense...I am really going to need to know ASAP what is going on here.

That is definitely some creepy stuff Looks like the kid is spewing out a demonic spirit

have you seen the Documentary about the story? I believe it was on the discovery Channel a little while ago. It was titled the same as the movie. That was one of the only Haunting stories that really gave me chills. laughing out loud If the movie is half as good as that then it should be a fun ride.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 08:20 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wasnt the Grudge a PG13 in the states...?
lolz

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 09:43 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i saw the Discovery channel documentary on this story
love it cant wait

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 09:46 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
niraka
bordem is boring

Originally posted by Nemesis X
That's what people said about the Unborn and look how that piece of **** movie turned out.

except that that just didn't look as appealing as this

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 01:12 AM
ariwin

The mom, Carmen Reed, still does a lot of press about the house and I think even wrote a book about it recently. She seems to really support the film's take on what happened, so I think that can give some reassurance that the movie is going to stay pretty accurate to the real life events.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 04:12 PM
Walker.I

The trailer looks neat, but doesn't hold any intensity or creep factor at all.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 11:57 PM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I saw another clip on JoBlo this morning: Birds

I admit it, I jumped...they do a nice job of distracting you from where th scare is coming.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 08:18 PM
jdea

usually I don't even bother watching "scary" movies anymore, as nowadays they're all just gore and well, more gore... but since I dwell in CT, and watched the documentary or w/e like a year or two ago, I may watch it

I love this stuff!!!

Last edited by jdea on Mar 19th, 2009 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:40 PM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote