would you rather?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hawkwind
have spiderman's powers without the webs,
or,
have wolverines powers without the adamantium?

Tattoos N Scars
I'd say Wolverine's. I could heal from virtually anything...and live an INCREDIBLY long life..lol

Mindset
Spiderman

Strength, durability, accelerated healing, speed, sexiness...what, I mean, wait... >_>

Placidity
As much as Spiderman would rule, I can't go past Wolvie's extended life.

Slaanesh
wolverine HF is better than anything spiderman have..

hawkwind
me personally spiderman.

Mindship
Spiderman: strength, speed, agility, climb/stick to any surface, spider-sense; overall, a much more versatile powerset...and if it's allowed, I get to wear a much cooler costume.

And while Spiderman's healing factor and lifespan are not up there with Wolverine's, surely they exceed what I have now.

spetznaz
Personally it would be an easy choice ...Spiderman.

In the real world it could have some real avenues for making coin (e.g. in Iceland there is some guy who is a multi-millionaire many many times over ....he started as an acrobat, and now has a tv show for kids where he is a costumed 'hero' doing simple flips and tumbles ....he is mega rich in a country that is currently undergoing the very worst of the global financial contraction). Or easily look at Cirque de solei (sp) ....the owner is a billionaire.

Or simply the pleasure of being able to leap many feet, run up walls, run very fast, and leap across a city rooftop to rooftop faster than any parkour expert could ever dream of.

Oh, and having strength enabling me to lift many tons ....or speed that can enable me to be an Olympic level sprinter or marathon runner (both sprinters and marathon runners who consistently win quickly end up millionaires). All I would have to do is just run SLIGHTLY faster than the second guy, so as not to draw suspicion. Although if I wanted to I could outrun a VW.

Or the security of knowing what is about to happen when it comes to danger. Sure, with Logan's power you wouldn't have to worry, since you can heal from it. But it is still bloody painful ....if I told you you had a healinfg factor, and you will heal from even the most griveous wounds in a relatively short time, then I stick a machete in a blazing fire, and after a while (when it has that red menacing glow) I pull it out and ask you to lay your arm flat ...you wouldn't do it! So what if you will heal ...you will still feel a lot of pain (like a normal person, with the only difference being that you will not lose your arm). The only time you'd be happy for it is if you are in an accident (meaning the pain would have been there anyways, but at least now you'll heal back as new) and against disease.

However, against accidents Spiderman's sense-powers (and strength and speed) would let you know well before the accident happened, and your strength and speed could enable you to either get away from it, or stop it from happening (something having Logan's powers wouldn't be able to do ....sure, if you are in a car and a truck hits it, and your whole family is there, you with Logan's powers will survive ...but only you. With Spiderman's powers, you can make that accident not happen in the first place).

Oh, and Spidey does have some healing abilities. Nothing as radical as Logan or the Hulk or Deadpool, but he does have a slight healing factor.

As for risk containment, with Wolverine's powers you could undertake a one-man crusade against your local drug dealers, or join the special forces and get dropped in Fallujah as a one man rampage-machine! After all, whatever they throw at you you will just heal through it and mow them down (good luck dealing with the pain though). However, with Spiderman's powers you could do the same. Your senses allow you to know an attack before it happens, and your speed and agility allow you to evade it with ease, while your strength could rip apart armored personnel carriers. You could be like a manga ninja ...weaving your way, literally, in-between bullets. Oh, and you don't have to undergo pain.

For those who have always wanted to be like a Batman ....the speed, senses and strength of Spiderman's powers, and the wealth you could easily amass, can enable you to create something quite akin to what Batman is able to do. In the real world no real human can do that ....after all, first of all you wouldn't even know where to be at the right time, and even if you did the moves he does are impossible, and even if you were that good (NO ONE is THAT good) it would take just one mistake to lay you out 6 feet under! With Spiderman's sense, strength, speed, and agility ....well, that is no longer a problem. Even a simple smooth pebble thrown at Spidey-level strength would bring down a person easy.

Finally, the much-talked-about long-life expectancy of Logan.

Well, that depends ....some comics have made it look like Logan is 'functionally immortal,' but many more have made it look like he has an EXTREMELY RETARDED aging process. Now, if you look at the second one, that is a major trap.

In ancient mythology there are stories of people who asked the gods for immortality, but failed to ask for ETERNAL YOUTH as well.

You can guess what happened! Well, they never died, but they slowly grew older and older, until they were left totally aged and infirm, but never dying.

If Wolvie is TRULY immortal (as some writers made him during a time when his writing had gotten ridiculous), then that gift is a gift. However, if we follow most accounts of his aging as greatly retarded, what it means is that he is aging ....just very very very very slowly. Thus, there will come a day when he will wish for death, and it will still be many centuries away.

Anyways, both power-sets (Parker's and Logan's are great). However, I would definitely select Parker's spider-powers. There's a lot more that I could do with them, particularly since my idea of being a hero would not be a soaker of damage. Furthermore, I would have far greater flexibility and scope of use with the Spiderman power-set, than I would with the Wolverine power-set.

And way more fun!

Starscream M
spetznaz. good assessment, but I disagree with you and ultimately think Wolverine's powerset wins

I agree with you that spiderman's powers can probably provide more instantaneous gain in wealth and certainly are a lot flashier, but logan's powers are much more useful in the longterm

what's the one thing the rich and powerful share equally with the poor and weak...the inability to avoid passage of time. With spiderman's powers, you'll have a good 30 years, but then time will take its toll. You will start being less agile, strong, healthy, and start becoming old. Eventually, you will be in a wheelchair (maybe you will be 110 before that happens, but it WILL happen)

meanwhile, me with Logan's powers, I'll still be healthy as any young whippersnapper, although I may have to use some hair coloring to color my gray hair. I will also gain media fame as I reach my 200s, becoming in the eyes of mortals a 'GOD'.

so, sure in the shortrun, spidey's powers sound exciting, but in the long run, Logan's powers become far more useful.

BlackZero30x
definitely Wolverine sure i could still feel the pain but it would be so worth it

The Pict
Originally posted by Placidity
As much as Spiderman would rule, I can't go past Wolvie's extended life.

Starscream M
also, I think that taking out the adamantium is a great bonus for Wolverine

spetznaz
Originally posted by Starscream M
spetznaz. good assessment, but I disagree with you and ultimately think Wolverine's powerset wins

I agree with you that spiderman's powers can probably provide more instantaneous gain in wealth and certainly are a lot flashier, but logan's powers are much more useful in the longterm

what's the one thing the rich and powerful share equally with the poor and weak...the inability to avoid passage of time. With spiderman's powers, you'll have a good 30 years, but then time will take its toll. You will start being less agile, strong, healthy, and start becoming old. Eventually, you will be in a wheelchair (maybe you will be 110 before that happens, but it WILL happen)

meanwhile, me with Logan's powers, I'll still be healthy as any young whippersnapper, although I may have to use some hair coloring to color my gray hair. I will also gain media fame as I reach my 200s, becoming in the eyes of mortals a 'GOD'.

so, sure in the shortrun, spidey's powers sound exciting, but in the long run, Logan's powers become far more useful.

Both powersets have innate advantages and disadvantages, and one of the main pitfalls of Parker's powers is that while he may have a much faster healing ability than base-line humans (a quasi healing factor), he can still get killed, and will age much much much faster than Logan.

However, in my book a great life is more important than merely a long-life, and also with Parker's powers your aging will not be like a humans. You did mention that though, where you said that I may be 110 when I am in a wheelchair, but I will be.

True, I give you that. Good point. At 110 or 120 (or whatever), I will not be jumping about like a cat on crack, while you (with Logan's powers) will still be limber and taking shot-gun pellets to the face.

However, let's go forward 900 years into the future ...I am long dust, but you have moved beyond merely coloring your hair, to wishing you could find a darn way to kill yourself as the age infirmities (if we take the retarded aging approach most writers subscribe to) start to take root.

Anyways, personally I'd rather have a long life (Spidey level, where even at 80 I can still run faster than an olympic level athlete), great strength (juggling trucks for kicks), agility and speed, and a sense that allows me to know what is about to happen, as well as being able to heal of most things that afflict humans. Sure, they'll come a time when Father Time will catch up, but by then I will have had such a good darn time I'll give him a hi-five and ask what took him so long.

I would love to live a long long time, but there are far more important things on my list.

However, either power-set is a good choice, and Logan's powers are nothing to shake a stick at either.

Starscream M
Originally posted by spetznaz
Both powersets have innate advantages and disadvantages, and one of the main pitfalls of Parker's powers is that while he may have a much faster healing ability than base-line humans (a quasi healing factor), he can still get killed, and will age much much much faster than Logan.

However, in my book a great life is more important than merely a long-life, and also with Parker's powers your aging will not be like a humans. You did mention that though, where you said that I may be 110 when I am in a wheelchair, but I will be.

True, I give you that. Good point. At 110 or 120 (or whatever), I will not be jumping about like a cat on crack, while you (with Logan's powers) will still be limber and taking shot-gun pellets to the face.

However, let's go forward 900 years into the future ...I am long dust, but you have moved beyond merely coloring your hair, to wishing you could find a darn way to kill yourself as the age infirmities (if we take the retarded aging approach most writers subscribe to) start to take root.

Anyways, personally I'd rather have a long life (Spidey level, where even at 80 I can still run faster than an olympic level athlete), great strength (juggling trucks for kicks), agility and speed, and a sense that allows me to know what is about to happen, as well as being able to heal of most things that afflict humans. Sure, they'll come a time when Father Time will catch up, but by then I will have had such a good darn time I'll give him a hi-five and ask what took him so long.

I would love to live a long long time, but there are far more important things on my list.

However, either power-set is a good choice, and Logan's powers are nothing to shake a stick at either.

but you propose a false dichotomy

you make it sound like its either a great life with spidey or a long life with logan

except you can also have a great life with logan as well (thinking about sleeping with any chick without ever worrying about STDs jk)

also, as Logan, I can choose exactly how long I want to live. If I don't like the future 500 years from now, I can still kill myself. It won't be easy, but with proper planning it is feasible. Remember, the OP removed my adamantium skeleton, that means my body can be burned to nothing. So I will just jump into a volcano if I ever desire to die.

spetznaz
but you propose a false dichotomy

you make it sound like its either a great life with spidey or a long life with logan

except you can also have a great life with logan as well (thinking about sleeping with any chick without ever worrying about STDs jk)

also, as Logan, I can choose exactly how long I want to live. If I don't like the future 500 years from now, I can still kill myself. It won't be easy, but with proper planning it is feasible. Remember, the OP removed my adamantium skeleton, that means my body can be burned to nothing. So I will just jump into a volcano if I ever desire to die.

It may be a skewed dichotomy (I'll willingly agree to that), but not false. The main advantage Logan would have over Spidey is simply longer (actually, MUCH longer) life. In every other aspect (scope AND scale of powers, flexibility of use, the ability to monetize potential, and even simply put, 'fun') Parker's power set is above Logan's in the real world.

However, Logan does beat out Parker easily in the long-life aspect of things, as well as having a healing factor that is heads and shoulders above that of Parker.

As for fighting potential ....in the real world both are equal. Logan may be far more skilled, but Parker's strength, speed, reflexes and pre-cognition would make him be able to match up to any real world event he may face.

I also think on the STD part Parker would be covered, although to be honest even if I was totally immune to cooties I wouldn''t be sticking any appendage of mine in some stranger's goodies (I know you were kidding though smile )

Oh ...one more thing.

Wolverine's healing factor is MUCH better when he does NOT have the Adamantium!

This has been explored in comics several times, and the reason given being that Adamantium poisoning (when he has adamantium) keeps his healing factor working full-time on the toxins. Apparently Adamantium is highly poisonous in the system (weirdly there are some characters who have Adamantium but do not have a healing factor, but I guess that's comics for you) ....and Logan's healing factor is said to operate at a drastically higher level when he has none of the metal in him.

When the metal was leached out of him by Magneto, his healing factor went overboard, and the dude even turned feral.

Thus, killing yourself would be HARDER without the adamantium in you than it would be if you had the metal in you. Your HF would be working full-time on keeping you alive without having to deal with full-system Adamantium poisoning.

Kris Blaze
Even with Wolverine's powers you can still perform beyond that of any regular human being.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Even with Wolverine's powers you can still perform beyond that of any regular human being.

Yes, well beyond any regular human being.

But nowhere close to Spiderman.

Lord Feron
I think I would be able to settle for Logan's powers. You would get pretty damn jacked pretty damn easily due to teh healing factor and muscle repair and adaptation. LIek super ripped and powerful. I can still sense stuff by smelling things. Won't be able to sniff a bullet coming at my a few hundred yards away but no one is gonna be able to sneak up on me. (unless im sleeping, that would be unfortunate).

You would be physically better than any athlete and have plenty of time to hone any skill due to nigh immortality. Also in this day and age be able to literally resist any sort of disease and poison is miraculous. Eventually I would be able to synthesize my blood. Create many different cures or maybe just one cureall "magic" pill. Yeah you think pharmaceutical companies get a ton of money now..I would make a ridiculous amount of money.

My blood line would last until the end of time. Thats pretty cool.

Also back to your senses you would be a great food critic lol.

The only draw back to logan's powerset is just watching people you know and love die like all the time... That would be pretty depressing.

Kris Blaze
Yes, well beyond any regular human being.

But nowhere close to Spiderman.

Depends on which Spider-man actually.

Philosophía
Wolverine, by far.

Kris Blaze

Starscream M
You just plan on saving money by not ever needing to cut your hair. wouldn't wolverine need to cut his hair much more than a average person?

The Nuul
Prob Logans.

Kris Blaze
wouldn't wolverine need to cut his hair much more than a average person?

Naw son.

His hair grows back to a set length in a max of 30 minutes.

The Nuul
Hair HF FTW....

SamZED
I dont wanna live for hundreds of years, so Spidey powers. Besides Wolverine isnt just about powers. If you get his hf without his skills you'd become an amazing unkillable geek.

The Nuul
You also need Peters skills far more to use his powers than Logans.

Enyalus
If taking Spiderman's powers means I also inherit his ridiculous one-liner abilities, I'll take that over anything Logan has to offer.

spetznaz
Originally posted by The Nuul
You also need Peters skills far more to use his powers than Logans.

Well, that's true. Because Logan's powersets are an amazing healing factor (that is always turned on, and because he has no adamantium it is now TOTALLY turned on rather than having to constantly fight the Adamantium poisoning), well-honed reflexes, greater than human strength and speed, and very well-developed NATURAL senses (e.g. a sense of smell better than a dogs, hearing to match, sense of taste better than a butterfly's, and similar natural perceptions that have been given to the character by writers over the decades). That's what you get. Now, if you train hard, you can be able to bring all that together into becoming a true fighting beast, having a whole that is far greater than the sum of your parts (which is why Logan in comics can be a far greater hero/fighter/character than his rather 'low' powers would otherwise suggest, and why he has become quite popular and a major component of teams like the X-Men that have members that can emit fire from their eyes, control hurricanes with gestures, or put an entire city to sleep with a thought!)

Thus, controlling Logan's powers obviously takes little skill, since a lot of them are ...well ....automatic. Nothing to control with the HF, and the sense of smell etc.

That doesn't mean, however, that Parker's powers would be hard to control. Not at all.

While you get immense strength and speed, you also automatically get astounding reflexes and dexterity, as well as the pre-cognition senses. When Parker first became Spiderman, he was not exactly as great as he is now ....but he was still well beyond immense! The learning curve was quite fast.

Sure, give two people the same powers, and one will be just simply godly with them (say you grant them to some chap from Paris who is already a parkour expert, or to a Brazillian Capoerista), but even if you gave them to less-than-average chaps like Quanchi, they may not be as great as the French or Brazillian chaps, but they would still be magnitudes enhanced than ANY human on the planet.

Reason is, it is not just speed and strength (either of which can end up killing you ....like some board member in this board about owners of high-performance German cars that I go to, where he killed himself and 3 of his friends some time back driving his BMW M5 off a runway in Florida. Sad story, but goes to show what happens when you give power and speed to someone without control) .....however with the Spider powers you do not only get power and speed, you also get agility and a pre-cognitive sense that shows you what is just about to happen.

Remember people ....Parker was a useless nerd before he got bitten, not some Bruce Wayne protege trained in the BatCave. He was a below average dork who had only his mind as his bright attribute, and who just happened to be fortunate enough to get tagged by a very special spider. Apart from his mind, he was less than average (consider him an analogue of Quanchi ...with far more brains)

Anyways, both power-sets are great ....people have their choices ....mine is easily Spiderman.

shiv
Spiderman Personally.

Enhanced sense of smell is not a good idea in a world where people have body odor cars fart exhaust and people create trash. and use lavatories indoors and keep pets and smoke and sweat etc.

There are some things I wouldn't want to hear.

SamZED
I agree that Spiderman powers do not require a lot of training to master, but saying that he's a useless geek?erm He's got tons of experience now and can kick some serious ass even without the powers.

shiv
Pre Spidey Parker WAS a relatively harmless but useless Geek

Spidey Bite powers made him into an indispensable Geek

SamZED
Yeah, but now he's a peak human even without his powers.

Silent Master
Without the adamantium poisoning slowing his healing factor, doesn't Wolverine go feral. So wouldn't that same happen to us?

Spider-man's powers for me.

The Nuul
Edit.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Silent Master
Without the adamantium poisoning slowing his healing factor, doesn't Wolverine go feral. So wouldn't that same happen to us?

Spider-man's powers for me.

Yup. You would be correct.

That's what would happen (it is quite weird that some think that without the Adamantium the Healing Factor becomes weaker, when the fact is that the Adamantium significantly slows down his HF, and without it it works on overdrive, and dude goes feral. Goodness, Elektra had to work hard to make him not think like a mindless beast!)

I also concur ...I'd select Spiderman's powers too. Being a feral shaggy semi-beast in almost constant berserker rage, with bone claws and what-not doesn't seem to have the same patina as being what can be best termed as a Manga-comics Ninja brought to life.

As I am, I would be able to do far more with those abilities than I would as a feral beast with a life expectancy measured in centuries.

After all, if I wanted to merely have a long life (albeit in a mindless state) I could have easily become a tree. I hear there are some Redwoods that have been alive for a couple thousand years .....!

Starscream M

That's what would happen (it is quite weird that some think that without the Adamantium the Healing Factor becomes weaker, when the fact is that the Adamantium significantly slows down his HF, and without it it works on overdrive, and dude goes feral. logan had a hf long before he had adamantium, and he was never feral. that feral thing is more logan's personality than a side-effect of hf.

also, I said it was a bonus to not have the adamantium skeleton because it means I could actually commit suicide if I decided I wanted to die. With the adamantium, it would be much harder to do so.

spetznaz
When are you guys going to show off your powers? in a real a life setting Logans powers are much easier to hide.

Hmmm ...a very hairy man who has major anger control issues due to the feral overhang caused by a Healing Factor that is not controlled by the need to leach the poisonous effects of Adamantium.

vs

A seemingly normal human who just happens to be able to, should he so choose, to jump up several stories with a simple bound, toss a Ford 350 down the street (or simply punch its engine block through the hood), outrace the minivan down the street without breaking a sweat, be able to sense danger (and you can even dodge sniper bullets without making it look like skill ...your pre-cognition tells you the bullet is coming, and you simply bend over to 'tie your shoelace' or anyone of a number of 'coincidential' acts). And if you want to go all gung-ho you simply buy a couple bucks ski-mask, and you can go buckwild!

I'd say Parker's powers can be easily hidden.

Try to do that as a person with Wolverine's powers ....but without the Adamantium as the OP had mentioned, indicating you are going to be feral!

The Nuul
I change it...

Yeah, Parkers powers are better, if thats the case.

spetznaz
logan had a hf long before he had adamantium, and he was never feral. that feral thing is more logan's personality than a side-effect of hf.

also, I said it was a bonus to not have the adamantium skeleton because it means I could actually commit suicide if I decided I wanted to die. With the adamantium, it would be much harder to do so.

Yes logan has a HF before he went through the process that made him Weapon X.

However, it has been shown that since the bonding process, his HF is constantly fighting off the ravages of the adamantium poisoning, and once it is removed the HF (maybe due to constantly fighting chronic poisoning, like how a muscle becomes developed if you use it constantly, or a skill more honed, or an immune system more powerful when exposed to pathogens) goes crazy and turns him feral.

This was explored at length after Magneto forcibly removed the Adamantium from his bones.

The whole issue is well explored in comics.

Starscream M
Yes logan has a HF before he went through the process that made him Weapon X.

However, it has been shown that since the bonding process, his HF is constantly fighting off the ravages of the adamantium poisoning, and once it is removed the HF (maybe due to constantly fighting chronic poisoning, like how a muscle becomes developed if you use it constantly, or a skill more honed, or an immune system more powerful when exposed to pathogens) goes crazy and turns him feral.

This was explored at length after Magneto forcibly removed the Adamantium from his bones.

The whole issue is well explored in comics. right...thus the feral thing is not an issue in this hypo

we aren't getting adamantium bonding and then having it removed...we're simply logan pre-adamantium, meaning no feralness

The Nuul
Bruce has a point, who says we get the AD before? it just says we get Logans powers without the AD. Also means we might not get his crazy HF.

Silent Master
And Wolverine's HF now is at the point that without adamantium poisoning slowing it down, it'll turn him feral.

The Nuul
He wasnt feral all the time before the weapon x.

Kris Blaze
And Wolverine's HF now is at the point that without adamantium poisoning slowing it down, it'll turn him feral.

The healing factor was retconned into something different.

Silent Master
He wasnt feral all the time before the weapon x.

So we get his pre-Weapon X level healing factor and not his current?

jalek moye
i chose spiderman

although i would like having those claws of logans, even though i prefer the metal look over bone i'd still like them.

The Nuul
So we get his pre-Weapon X level healing factor and not his current?

Current he has the AD, the 90s he got his AD ripped out and he a super HF. Pre Weapon X he had a ok HF.

I think this is up to the thread maker?

jalek moye
how come no body mentioned how cool the claws would be when picking logan

Silent Master
Maybe.

I don't recall the thread starter even implying that such would be the case.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jalek moye
how come no body mentioned how cool the claws would be when picking logan because they're the worst part about being wolverine

srankmissingnin
Without Wolverine's control or discipline you'd most likely end up being a murdering sociopath. Wolverine's instincts and senses are so sharp that they read subliminal messages from body language, the pitch of someones voice and even smell, he almost killed Mac Hudson for no reason because he detected a threat / insult in the way he was standing. If you picked Wolverine's powers once week you'd end up in a berserker rage and kill all sorts of people when the clerk at Burger King gets your order wrong.

jalek moye
because they're the worst part about being wolverine
well i love them

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Without Wolverine's control or discipline you'd most likely end up being a murdering sociopath. Wolverine's instincts and senses are so sharp that they read subliminal messages from body language, the pitch of someones voice and even smell, he almost killed Mac Hudson for no reason because he detected a threat / insult in the way he was standing. If you picked Wolverine's powers once week you'd end up in a berserker rage and kill all sorts of people when the clerk at Burger King gets your order wrong.

Not to mention the vomiting, headaches and dizziness coming from enhanced senses... White Tiger knows something about it.

well i love them

I love them too, but the pain is stated to be unbearable.

Mindset
Without Wolverine's control or discipline you'd most likely end up being a murdering sociopath. Wolverine's instincts and senses are so sharp that they read subliminal messages from body language, the pitch of someones voice and even smell, he almost killed Mac Hudson for no reason because he detected a threat / insult in the way he was standing. If you picked Wolverine's powers once week you'd end up in a berserker rage and kill all sorts of people when the clerk at Burger King gets your order wrong. lol

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not to mention the vomiting, headaches and dizziness coming from enhanced senses... White Tiger knows something about it.

I love them too, but the pain is stated to be unbearable.
yea you'd get use to feeling the pain and just get threough it over the years. But the first time would be horrible

psycho gundam
Without Wolverine's control or discipline you'd most likely end up being a murdering sociopath. Wolverine's instincts and senses are so sharp that they read subliminal messages from body language, the pitch of someones voice and even smell, he almost killed Mac Hudson for no reason because he detected a threat / insult in the way he was standing. If you picked Wolverine's powers once week you'd end up in a berserker rage and kill all sorts of people when the clerk at Burger King gets your order wrong. sign me up for that.

StiltmanFTW
yea you'd get use to feeling the pain and just get threough it over the years. But the first time would be horrible

Maybe you're right, however I've been suffering from kidney pain for approximately 10 years and I can't get use to it. It's a different kind of pain, though.

psycho gundam
you sir have a stone in there. when that bad boy gets to your urethra....there will be new levels of pain.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sign me up for that.

If you think a murder spree at Burger King sounds fun, wait until you ride the Subway with your new heightened senses. Blood bath on the TTC. sad

Lord Feron
....read subliminal messages from body language, the pitch of someones voice and even smell, he almost killed Mac Hudson for no reason because he detected a threat / insult in the way he was standing. If you picked Wolverine's powers once week you'd end up in a berserker rage and kill all sorts of people when the clerk at Burger King gets your order wrong.

Sounds like my Girlfriend's PMS.... run for the ****ing hills!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you sir have a stone in there. when that bad boy gets to your urethra....there will be new levels of pain.

I'm aware of that. Happened a few times. Without beer it would be a real nightmare.

jalek moye
Maybe you're right, however I've been suffering from kidney pain for approximately 10 years and I can't get use to it. It's a different kind of pain, though.
i mean it will hurt but it wont stop you and make you fall to the ground after years of it.

horrorwolf
Spider-man for me.

If you chose Wolverine, it would be like being that cheerleader from Heroes plus having a hyper sense of smell.

Who wants to smell everyone's farts (and other unfavorable smells) from people over 40 feet away anyway no matter where you are....and look at how useless she is.

I guess Spider-man's abilities just offer so much more off the bat such as wall clinging, super strength, enhanced speed, precog, etc.

Doctor-Alvis

Enjoy holding your breath as you wish for death because everyone you knew or loved is dead and you're all alone.

KingD19
The bad thing about Logan's powers though, is watching people around you get old and die, especially those you care about, like your friends and family. Plus you'd have to change identities and names and move around every couple decades. If the gov't knew that you were hundreds of years old, and still moved like a guy in your prime, then they would make you their guinea pig.

SoulDevourer
btw how come Wolverine need to breathe? huh (same for Hulk)

KingD19
Because they are both still human, or humanoid for Hulk. THey have lungs, and they need them to breathe. Although Hulk has breathed underwater and in space.

Mindset
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
btw how come Wolverine need to breathe? huh (same for Hulk) We've been through this before.

Hulk doesn't need to breath.

Mekrob
I read the quote where Brucey disagreed with spetz, that DA quoted, and I have to go with Spidey.

Haven't read anything in this thread though besides what's on this page.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindset
We've been through this before.

Hulk doesn't need to breath. what about Wolvie?

Originally posted by KingD19
Because they are both still human, or humanoid for Hulk. THey have lungs, and they need them to breathe. Although Hulk has breathed underwater and in space. um u cant "breathe in space"

their suppose to regenerate real quick
so they should able to recover from damage of lack of oxygen without a prob huh

KingD19
Well maybe you can't breath in space, but Hulk can. He's been shown breathing and talking in space, where his voice was audible. So yeah, Hulk can. And you can't heal from no oxygen, your healing factor can't put air in your lungs, it doesn't work that way buddy.

And Logan does need to breath, he can be suffocated, which means no air gets to his brain, which either makes him pass out, or die.

Mekrob
Well maybe you can't breath in space, but Hulk can. He's been shown breathing and talking in space, where his voice was audible. So yeah, Hulk can. And you can't heal from no oxygen, your healing factor can't put air in your lungs, it doesn't work that way buddy.

And Logan does need to breath, he can be suffocated, which means no air gets to his brain, which either makes him pass out, or die. What the Anal Jesus are you talking about?

KingD19
Can't find scans of it right now, but Hulk's body adapts to the environment, and as such, he has breathed, and spoken both underwater and in outer space.

SoulDevourer
And you can't heal from no oxygen, your healing factor can't put air in your lungs, it doesn't work that way buddy. lol

I can also say u cant regenerate from skeleton (no blood => no oxygen eh?) yet hulk can do that
so if they can regenerate from bones then why not from only "not breathing"? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Logan does need to breath, he can be suffocated, which means no air gets to his brain, which either makes him pass out, or die. iirc he also came back from a skeleton once (not sure if that wuz retconed)

KingD19
Hulk has never been taken down to a skeleton, he's been flayed down to his muscle tissue, and he's regenerated yes, in Hulk: The End, a bunch of evolved radioactive cockroaches ate him till he was just gobs of flesh hanging off of the bone, he regenerated from that, but he's never been knocked to a skeleton.

And true Logan healed from a skeleton, but that's because his brain was protected in his invulnerable skull. However, if you cut off Logan's oxygen supply, he will pass out, and eventually die, since no air is getting to his brain, or lungs, his body will die.

SoulDevourer
Hulk has never been taken down to a skeleton, he's been flayed down to his muscle tissue, and he's regenerated nope he regenerate from a skeleton it took only a few seconds or something (3 panels ^^)

um and how did Logan breathe without lungs? skeletons dont breathe u know

KingD19
I think I know what you're talking about, he told someone to shut up and let him focus, or something along those lines. If I'm right though, he was down to muscle tissue, close to his skeleton, but not quite there.

And his body regenerated until his lungs grew back, and he started breathing again.

SoulDevourer
I think I know what you're talking about, he told someone to shut up and let him focus, or something along those lines. If I'm right though, he was down to muscle tissue, close to his skeleton, but not quite there.yup yup thats the one cool he wuz crouching and trying to focus & he recover in 3 panels (or maybe 4 not sure)

he was down to skeleton or so close he didnt have no organs anyway (so no lungs & no heart => no breathin)

so he can regenerate without breathing then wink

KingD19
He did have organs, he still had layers of tissue covering his body, so his organs were working inside them. If he had no organs , which include vocal chords, he wouldn't have been able to talk.

Yes, he can regenerate his body, however, if his lungs are still working just fine, and his oxygen is cut off, like say, holding him under water or choking him. He will pass out and eventually die like a normal person. And the reason for this, is that his lungs, while not recieving air, don't need to be healed, since they are still functional.

Kris Blaze
I'd much rather be a cripple than a black guy.

StiltmanFTW
I'd much rather be a cripple than a black guy.

Bad news, pal - I heard that Dr. Doom has plans for you. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qun0ej-sVBI

SoulDevourer
He did have organs, he still had layers of tissue covering his body, so his organs were working inside them. If he had no organs , which include vocal chords, he wouldn't have been able to talk.there was some red covering his skeleton but u can see theres only the ribs & nothing inside (no organs)

btw he can talk without his organs for same reason he can talk in space (even tho in space theres no atmophere so no sound) : its comics *_*

yeah but point is without lungs no breathing so no oxygen yet he can still regenerate withut O2 (so why not survive without it)

if hulk can be killed by cutting off O2 then he aint so "incredible" lol killing him would be easiest thing ever

KingD19
Well, no, you're wrong on that one, he could talk and breathe underwater and in space because of a gland that causes his body to adapt to hostile environments, allowing him to speak and breathe. I don't remember the exact images, but I personally believe that he still had organs and what not, I could be wrong, but unless you have the scans to prove me so, I stick by what I said.

And you're obviously not getting my point, Logan's healing factor is insane already, they haven't taken it up a notch to the point that he doesn't need to breathe. He was incinerated to a skeleton, but his brain survived and his healing factor(which is connected to his brain) kicked in, and brought him back to life. Once his lungs and organs came back, they began working again, and they were responsible for keeping him alive. He still needs air though when he does have lungs and brain, because the healing factor can't heal what doesn't need to be healed. If you're choking him, and outside force is cutting off his air, his healing factor can't say, I'm going to keep him alive by evolving him so he doesn't need air, or generating air for him, it doesn't work like that. It heals what he has, when it needs to be healed, depending on the severity of his wounds and or injuries.

StiltmanFTW
^ Actually I'm sure I saw a scan in Wolverine thread proving that he can't die from the lack of oxygen... can't find it now, though. He was drowning there and said that he had no idea how he made it alive.

KingD19
Well, I would actually love to be proved wrong, if you could find the scan, could you show me? Logan is bad ass,and that would only add to his umm....bad assery???

SoulDevourer
Well, no, you're wrong on that one, he could talk and breathe underwater and in space because of a gland that causes his body to adapt to hostile environments, allowing him to speak and breathe. Ibut how do you adapt to no sound in space? without air in space theres no sound & theres nothing to breathe so adapting to that make no sense (unless he magically created an atmosphere in space or something)

My point is that if he cant survive without breathing then its nowehere near insane in fact its more like insanely weak :/

well yeah but how did the regen work without oxygen? while hes regeneratin theres metabolism and metabolism need oxygen, yet his regen works without O2

so he can function without O2 as long as he aint got his lungs (since he regenerate) but not if he already got his lungs? huh

no your right it doesnt work like that

lack of oxygen causes death of cells (necrosis) so when theres no O2 then there IS something to regenerate (lost tissue)

SoulDevourer
^ Actually I'm sure I saw a scan in Wolverine thread proving that he can't die from the lack of oxygen... can't find it now, though. He was drowning there and said that he had no idea how he made it alive. now thats more like it smile (anyway u can find the scans?)

StiltmanFTW
Well, I would actually love to be proved wrong, if you could find the scan, could you show me? Logan is bad ass,and that would only add to his umm....bad assery???

Here you are.

Originally posted by jinzin
SECTION 7 - FEATS OF WOLVERINE'S PAIN TOLERANCE AND HEALING FACTOR:

Wolverine has his throat ripped out and is then tossed into a river. An hour passes by and we're treated to a STRONG suggestion that Wolverine can't be drowned to death.
1. http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7421/nodrownuo5.jpg

KingD19
Coo beans dude, and the yellow spandex are still as awesome as ever.

KingD19
If that's canon, then my argument about Logan surviving without air has been disproved.

Placidity
Aw... people trying to debate comics with reality science. It doesn't work... well it can work, but I wouldn't treat it as fact.

Mindset
Here you are. He also said he should have bleed to death...Wolverine is obviously retarded.

StiltmanFTW
He also said he should have bleed to death...Wolverine is obviously retarded.

Well, it happened in Classic Era if I'm not mistaken. Pre-Fatal Attractions Wolvie didn't have an insane HF. Even Mystique believed that slitting his throat would stop him for good... and it's harder to heal underwater, isn't it? wink

StiltmanFTW
If that's canon, then my argument about Logan surviving without air has been disproved.

Non-canon feats are distinctly marked in that thread. It has to be canon. I'm sure jinzin knows what issue it's from.

Mindset
Well, it happened in Classic Era if I'm not mistaken. Pre-Fatal Attractions Wolvie didn't have an insane HF. Even Mystique believed that slitting his throat would stop him for good... and it's harder to heal underwater, isn't it? wink No, it's easier.

StiltmanFTW
For Namor, sure smile

Mindset
For anyone

StiltmanFTW
How would salty water speed up his healing? Can you explain it to me?

The Nuul
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9317/wolverinen20p02.th.jpg

Logan gasping for AIR!!! and stating hes getting his lungs full.

Mindset
How would it slow it down?

Starscream M
How would salty water speed up his healing? Can you explain it to me? salt helps fight the infections...duh

Starscream M
How would it slow it down? preventing the injury from drying prevents wounds from closing and healing...duh

StiltmanFTW
salt helps fight the infections...duh

It also leads to dehydration no expression

Mindset
Wolverine's are saltwater animals.

Mindset
preventing the injury from drying prevents wounds from closing and healing...duh Not always true.

Starscream M
It also leads to dehydration no expression so does drinking one's pee

Mindset
so does drinking one's pee What do you know about that? confused

StiltmanFTW
so does drinking one's pee

facepalm

The Nuul
What do you know about that? confused

Bruce knows and tired all..... sick

Trial and error?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfrEvWR64c

Next is this maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJ6qITQts0&NR=1

The Nuul
On topic, yeah....I will take Spidey powers.

illadelph12
I'd pick Wolverine's powers. I'd use the prime of my life to be an athlete and accumulate wealth, then disappear from the public eye to educate myself and slowly create a financial empire. By the time I'm 300 technology will have advance enough where I could harvest my blood to endow the people I loved (and my harem) with virtual immortality as well. I'd be like Vandal Savage.

Starscream M
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd pick Wolverine's powers. I'd use the prime of my life to be an athlete and accumulate wealth, then disappear from the public eye to educate myself and slowly create a financial empire. By the time I'm 300 technology will have advance enough where I could harvest my blood to endow the people I loved (and my harem) with virtual immortality as well. I'd be like Vandal Savage. by the time you're 300, the people you loved would be long dead...although you'd probably have found new loves

Kento
Spidey. Because I don't want to live forever, and spider-sense would be awesome. Plus always wanted to walk on ceilings. Sure with Logan's ability you could train and become agile, and one of the strongest people and all that but you also get all that without training with Spidey's power. The only difference is that with Logan's ability you could go for days on end and with Spidey not so much. They each have their downfalls but in the end I think I'd prefer Spidey. And unlike Spidey I'd train in a some kind of martial arts to be even better instead of doing anything on instinct, and to be able to control my strength much better.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kento
Spidey. Because I don't want to live forever, and spider-sense would be awesome. Plus always wanted to walk on ceilings. Sure with Logan's ability you could train and become agile, and one of the strongest people and all that but you also get all that without training with Spidey's power. The only difference is that with Logan's ability you could go for days on end and with Spidey not so much. They each have their downfalls but in the end I think I'd prefer Spidey. And unlike Spidey I'd train in a some kind of martial arts to be even better instead of doing anything on instinct, and to be able to control my strength much better. spidey's spidersense is useless for most people

unless you plan on getting shot and attacked everyday...otherwise, there's no point to having the spider-sense

illadelph12
by the time you're 300, the people you loved would be long dead...although you'd probably have found new loves

Part of life is losing people.

I can deal with it.

KingD19
But can you deal with it over and over and over? First your parents, grandparents, immediate family. Then you wife and kids, then your wife and kids, then your wife and kids. It would be a lonely existence.

SamZED
spidey's spidersense is useless for most people

unless you plan on getting shot and attacked everyday...otherwise, there's no point to having the spider-sense

Well it also helps if you want to be a hero. Works as a radar, lets you know if someone's in trouble. Orrrr you could play black jack and earn a few million $...

But can you deal with it over and over and over? First your parents, grandparents, immediate family. Then you wife and kids, then your wife and kids, then your wife and kids. It would be a lonely existence. Buy yourself a sea turtle...

Kris Blaze

I can deal with it. '

Yeah.

You can live to be 50 and still lose a lot of loved ones.

Mindset

I can deal with it. su

jinzin
Non-canon feats are distinctly marked in that thread. It has to be canon. I'm sure jinzin knows what issue it's from.

It's canon from X-men classics 10 IIRC.

And with the tigershark fight, Tigershark drove Wolverine into a reef at the bottem of the ocean and stuck his claws in it. Wolverine started to panic at not being able to breath but he was also curious how long he could last underwater. an hour apparently.

Doctor-Alvis
I'm not sure I could handle immortality with so little perks. I'm already pretty cynical and have little value in human affairs. The Shade went through something similar when facing his immortality and not being able to relate to anyone anymore. I would feel like I'm living in a world ran by children.

I think if I did have Wolverine's powers and I decided to do something positive I'd end up as the world's most generally knowledgeable bums, donate some blood, then end up laying around the woods fighting and eating animals.

Dr Will Hatch
Wolverine is for intents and purposes immortal, so I'd rather be him. I would spend all that extra time buiding up my knowledge and skills to Mr Fantastic/Doom levels.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Wolverine is for intents and purposes immortal, so I'd rather be him. I would spend all that extra time buiding up my knowledge and skills to Mr Fantastic/Doom levels. It doesn't matter how much you study, you will never be at Reed or Doom levels.

Dr Will Hatch
Bats level, then. cool I would get a lot of hate filled posts on KMC, but would sweep almost every other "Versus" forum.

StiltmanFTW
It's canon from X-men classics 10 IIRC.

Thanks!

And with the tigershark fight, Tigershark drove Wolverine into a reef at the bottem of the ocean and stuck his claws in it. Wolverine started to panic at not being able to breath but he was also curious how long he could last underwater. an hour apparently.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5256/wolverinen20p05.th.jpg http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2439/wolverinen20p12.th.jpg

illadelph12
'

Yeah.

You can live to be 50 and still lose a lot of loved ones.

I'm only 28 and have lost quite a few. Most recently my Dad in December. It's just part of life. If I was immortal I don't think it would hurt any more or less to lose someone. There's no time limit on grief, but there's also no maximum quota on how many people you can love in life. If you can live forever you can love forever.

Kris Blaze
I'm only 28 and have lost quite a few. Most recently my Dad in December. It's just part of life. If I was immortal I don't think it would hurt any more or less to lose someone. There's no time limit on grief, but there's also no maximum quota on how many people you can love in life. If you can live forever you can love forever.

I'm sorry for your loss man.

And I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mindset
I'm only 28 and have lost quite a few. Most recently my Dad in December. It's just part of life. If I was immortal I don't think it would hurt any more or less to lose someone. There's no time limit on grief, but there's also no maximum quota on how many people you can love in life. If you can live forever you can love forever. You would also lose more, over and over and over.

Also losing kids has got to be really rough, not that losing other family members isn't, but I suppose it may be a different kind of pain.

Kris Blaze
You would also lose more, over and over and over.

Also losing kids has got to be really rough, not that losing other family members isn't, but I suppose it may be a different kind of pain.

You can't calculate the rate at which you'll lose loved ones.... He could go 200 years without finding someone he really loves.

Mindset
You can't calculate the rate at which you'll lose loved ones.... He could go 200 years without finding someone he really loves. Or he could go 1 year, but it's more likely that he will find others to love within 2 lifetimes than not, imo.

Kris Blaze
Or he could go 1 year, but it's more likely that he will find others to love within 2 lifetimes than not, imo.

Naturally.

So there's an increased chance, but a healing factor is not necessarily akin to becoming 500 years.

Mindset
Wolverine is now what, about 150-200?

And he is like a man in his 30's.

Kris Blaze
Wolverine is now what, about 150-200?

And he is like a man in his 30's.

Way to not connect the dots.

Mindset
I'm doing multiple things at once, I only glance over what ppl say.

Kris Blaze
I'm doing multiple things at once, I only glance over what ppl say.

My point was that life is incredibly unpredictable.

It's still very possible for us to die, even with a healing factor like Wolverine's.

Mindset
My point was that life is incredibly unpredictable.

It's still very possible for us to die, even with a healing factor like Wolverine's. Ah, but that would be highly unlikely.

Most people die from disease, that is not a problem.

Gun violence, etc. also not a problem.

What would kill you that is actually likely to happen?

Digi
I'm not entirely sure an indefinite life span would be good. Anyone watch Doctor Who? Not only would you lose loved ones, but the one lingering certainty of such an existence is that you will essentially be alone in your life, unable to share it with another human the way "normal" humans can. Once the people from your current life died off, finding lasting love at all would be hard if not impossible.

I pick Spidey. I'd go absolutely nuts with his power set. It would be absurdly fun.

Kris Blaze
Ah, but that would be highly unlikely.

Most people die from disease, that is not a problem.

Gun violence, etc. also not a problem.

What would kill you that is actually likely to happen?

Your durability wouldn't get much of a boost.

Do you know how easy it is to crush a human skull? Or get someone in the heart? Fanboy Wolverine notwithstanding, the loss of major organs should kill you.

You're underestimating the probability of accidents, car crashes, etc.

Mindset
Your durability wouldn't get much of a boost.

Do you know how easy it is to crush a human skull? Or get someone in the heart? Fanboy Wolverine notwithstanding, the loss of major organs should kill you.

You're underestimating the probability of accidents, car crashes, etc. Most accidents wont damage the organs beyond repair of Wolverine's healing factor.

Kris Blaze
Most accidents wont damage the organs beyond repair of Wolverine's healing factor.

If that's what you think.

Mindset
It is, just like, apparently, you think the opposite.

Darth Martin
Spider-Man all day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.