Worst Videogame Based Movie Ever!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
What videogame based movie do you think is the worst?

ThunderGodEneru
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Which is ironic considering the first was one of the better ones.

niraka
resident evil:degeneration

SnakeEyes
All of them.

Final Blaxican
Your post doesn't make any sense.

SnakeEyes
I think all of them are bad. wink

Kazenji
Have you even watched the Street Fighter 2 the animated movie

or even that one is overated and crap to you ?

SnakeEyes
I have not, I was mainly talking about the live-action ones. RE: Degeneration and Advent Children were decent. I've heard good things about the animated Street Fighter 2 film, I'll have to check it out.

Kazenji
Yeah the live action movies they have'nt had a good run only good ones imo are

-Mortal Kombat
-Resident Evil(The ones that followed are crap)

Doom had potential but of course they had to go ahead and **** that one up same with Max Payne.

Rogue Jedi
Mario Bros.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Kazenji
Have you even watched the Street Fighter 2 the animated movie

or even that one is overated and crap to you ?

The SF2 anime was pure Akira like seminal deep life altering shit next to the atrocities committed against cinema by Van Damme, Kylie, Raul Julia and co on the live action version.

Which could suck the brass balls off of even that statue on the Sagat level.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Almost the gamemovie equivalent of both 'Battlefield Earth', syphillis and explosive diahorrea at the dinner table combined.

It just lacked John Travolta being greened up for a turn at song and dance as Blanka.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mario Bros.

I forgot about that, probably a testiment to its evil that I had blocked the horror.

But really, any live action movie of a character like Mario was gonna be pure, molten, steaming effluence with flies being choked by it's fumes anyway.

It was my big "NOOOOOOO....!!!!!!!! HOSKINS....!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING...???!?!?!?" moment.

Roger Rabbit was Mona Lisa next to that movie.

Kazenji
Any game that Uwe boll has handled to turn into a Movie is 150% bad.

BackFire
Indeed, any of the Uwe Boll movies are worse than these others. At least they were campy and in their own way somewhat fun because of it, they felt like they were made to actually be silly and fun, which they were while being shit. The Boll ones are boring joyless messes that aren't even campy, they're just shit movie, poorly made by someone who seems he didn't even attempt to make them campy fun.

Well, for most of his movies this is true, I hear Postal is actually kinda fun.

Raoul
the new street fighter movie is worse than the old one, imo. and thats saying something.

MildPossession
Super Mario Bros rules!

Impediment
F*ck all of you haters! Super Mario Bros. was pure cheesy fun! I mean, it's a story of two Italian plumbers who fight dinosaurs and fungus. What f*cking more do you want? I liked it.

Uwe Boll movies are just plain horrible.

RE: Degeneration blew FF VII: AC out of the damn water!

MK II was shit. Not that MK I was any better.

My votes go to Double Dragon, House of the Dead, and Tomb Raider.

Nemesis X
Doom sucked. Damn movie makers ****** up the franchise with just a movie. Dwayne Johnson (A.K.A. The Rock) had crappy acting. The movie didn't follow the same story like in the game. My guess is that they either didn't have a big budget to make it look better or that they didn't check the game and just thought it was about mutants from a lab.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm going with Mario Bros

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment
F*ck all of you haters! Super Mario Bros. was pure cheesy fun! I mean, it's a story of two Italian plumbers who fight dinosaurs and fungus. What f*cking more do you want? I liked it.

Uwe Boll movies are just plain horrible.

RE: Degeneration blew FF VII: AC out of the damn water!

MK II was shit. Not that MK I was any better.

My votes go to Double Dragon, House of the Dead, and Tomb Raider.

They did Double Dragon as a movie...?
I was aware of the awfulness of the cartoon series..
Jesus titty f***ing christ...is nothing sacred...?!??
The horror......the horror....

Tomb Raider at least had some decent eye candy in it.
The Angelina Jolie **** and ass onslaught factor rendered it instantly superior to Mario. stick out tongue

I await the brutal Russian 'Tetris the movie'. shifty

Scythe

This is true. Raptor Yoshi ftw.

I'd have to say Bloodrayne...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Tomb Raider at least had some decent eye candy in it.
The Angelina Jolie **** and ass onslaught factor rendered

The First Tomb Raider movie was heaps better then the shameful sequal.

The big EH
i'd have to say all of the uwe boll movies, although i realise wing commander and doom are among the worst i still love those movies for some reason, i think it was the cgi in wing commander and probally the fps scene in doom

BruceSkywalker
Super Mario Bros, both Street Fighter movies

Placidity
MK movies, Doom, Bloodranye & Dead or Alive.

Toku King
"Super Mario Bros." and the "Street Fighter" films are the worst, not only because they're bad, but because they're nothing but wasted potential.

Toku King
F*ck all of you haters! Super Mario Bros. was pure cheesy fun! I mean, it's a story of two Italian plumbers who fight dinosaurs and fungus. What f*cking more do you want?

A movie that didn't make me groan for 90 minutes. You really could've made a cool and wild film with Mario, but they didn't. Instead they made a terrible movie using the "in name only" method, and adding numerous elements that were nothing but unnecessary additions that only made the movie worse.

jinXed by JaNx
The only video game movie that i enjoy is the first Resident Evil. Tomb Raider and mortal kombat are the only other video game movie's that i can consider actual movie's. All others are dog shit.

Resident Evil 2 came close to being a decent movie but someone thought that the movie would be better served if it resembled a video game, rather, than an horror movie. Under all of the, over the top, action, Resident Evil 2 has some good qualities.

nightmare08
I think super mario bros was horribal so was street fighter john claud van damn(idk how 2 spell his name). Those had 2 be the worst out of all of them

super pr*xy
bloodrayne has to be the worst, despite the eye candy..

Bloinky
Clearly its Double Dragon for the win.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by super pr*xy
bloodrayne has to be the worst, despite the eye candy.. Did you see part two? sick

DrewFelton
100% without a doubt was streetfighter... by far theee worst... no character develoPment.. van damn was terrible and how the hell did we get that guy from adams family to play the #1 Bison.. SERIOUSLY?

Toku King
Originally posted by Bloinky
Clearly its Double Dragon for the win.

I try to avoid that one.
Seriously, the game was "Go save the girl and beat up bad guys". So where did the plot of "save the futuristic Los Angeles from certain destruction by an evil magician that looks like Vanilla Ice and his mutant army by combining the mystic medallion" come into play.

steverules_2
I think DOOM was an average movie, I think the heat it got was a little too much and I actually kinda enjoyed the movie but I did think it coulda been done a whole lot better

BruceSkywalker
bloodrayne has to be the worst, despite the eye candy..

agreed

Originally posted by steverules_2
I think DOOM was an average movie, I think the heat it got was a little too much and I actually kinda enjoyed the movie but I did think it coulda been done a whole lot better

Doom was fair, but the story should've been better

Wolfie
Bloodrayne

Originally posted by nightmare08
I think super mario bros was horribal so was street fighter john claud van damn(idk how 2 spell his name). Those had 2 be the worst out of all of them
What potential could Super Mario Bros. have? A live action version of it can never be good. It should stick to cartoons because it's really an exclusive cartoonish idea.

Selphie
House of the Dead

That was pretty damn ridiculous

leonheartmm
street fighter
double dragon

mortal combat annihlation wasnt bad, looking at how cheesy mortal combat the video game is
mario was obviously intended as a joke. dead or alive was actually passable. doom sucked, but then again, what did u expect, some of those old house of horror/blood types that i dont even remeber the names of had pretty ****ed up adaptations

Nemesis X
Legend of Chun Li. Nuff said sick

FistOfThe North
i'd say super mario bros. It was an insult, imo.

Street Fighter the movie with an Austrian Guile (Van "God" Damn) and a comedic Bison.

Dungeons and Dragons. Marlon Waynes. 'nuff said.

Bloodrayne. The spelling of it and Micheal Madsen with a mullet with samurai sword and wear. 'nuff said.

Raoul
I don't like the Resident Evil movies, not saying they're the worst, but the inclusion of the Alice character basically ruins the entire point of RE, imo...

Ban Mido
Well I think i'll go out on a limb on this one and already say this movie will probably be one of the worst when it comes out...it's not out yet but in the planning process ;x...

World Of Warcraft....Don't get me wrong...I love the game..but how can you turn a MMORPG..into a movie =x.....unless it's like that one southpark episode?

Röland
Originally posted by Ban Mido
Well I think i'll go out on a limb on this one and already say this movie will probably be one of the worst when it comes out...it's not out yet but in the planning process ;x...

World Of Warcraft....Don't get me wrong...I love the game..but how can you turn a MMORPG..into a movie =x.....unless it's like that one southpark episode?
It's not a movie about WoW. It's just titled Warcraft and will focus on the lore of Warcraft rather than WoW.

Sam Raimi is signed on to direct.

Myth
I think it will be easier for me to list the video game movies that I received 'some' level of enjoyment out of:

Doom
Mortal Kombat

hmmm.... can't think of much else.

I haven't seen many of the video game movies, but have seen these and knew they sucked:
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Resident Evil
Double Dragon
Mario Bros
Silent Hill
Tomb Raider
Some Final Fantasy animated crap
Street Fighter

chomperx9
street fighter the legend of chunli was the worst

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Myth
Doom

You enjoyed Doom? You gotta be something other than human because anyone who has seen that movie would want to gouge out their eyes and curse at the screen for not following the videogame's plot.

Lightningrod
Final fantasy: Spirits Within

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lightningrod
Final fantasy: Spirits Within

I fail to see how that one is a video game movie its not based on any of the games.

super pr*xy
bloodrayne was atrocious. i still can't believe i sat through the entirety of that film. the legend of chun-li sucks too. mortal kombat was not that bad, but the sequels were. can't wait for world of warcraft though..

Kazenji
can't wait for world of warcraft though..

Lets hope Sam does a good job.

Nemesis X
The worst videogame based movie ever will soon be Asteroids. I would say Guitar Hero but Brett hasn't gotten the license to adapt it into a movie yet (and I hope it'll never happen).

Kazenji
How do you know it will be the worst when you have'nt seen any footage?

occultdestroyer
Batman and Robin.

XanatosForever
XD

Nemesis X
How do you know it will be the worst when you have'nt seen any footage?

The game mainly focuses on a triangle shooting rocks. You tell me how well that movie will go.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Batman and Robin.

...*facepalm*

Rogue Jedi
Mario Bros, nuff said.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The game mainly focuses on a triangle shooting rocks. You tell me how well that movie will go.

You never know............

wicker_man
From the ones I've seen I've enjoyed, although Doom was an exception I didn't enjoy that at all, apart from the Nine Inch Nails outro that synched well with the closing credits.

gobstakid777
anything by uwe boll undoubtedly counts

DarthLazious
Its a tie between Doom and Super Mario Bros.

kaonoshi
Doom... contender for worst movie ever

NemeBro
...Really?

Doom?

Sure it was not great and crapped on the series, but Doom, the worst videogame-based movie ever?

With shit like BloodRayne, I find that hard to believe.

gobstakid777
You enjoyed Doom? You gotta be something other than human because anyone who has seen that movie would want to gouge out their eyes and curse at the screen for not following the videogame's plot.
doom was pretty good

gobstakid777
Originally posted by kaonoshi
Doom... contender for worst movie ever
not really

-Pr-
bloodrayne had boobs. doom didn't.

otherwise, though, i enjoyed doom more than bloodrayne.

mario, MK 2, or SF Chun Li were the worst, imo... Resident Evil would be too if not for some nice action sequences...

Darth Jello
Isn't this thread kinda like asking George Foreman which punch to the face he like least?

Smallville
Most of them have been crap.

- Resident Evil was good, the second was bad, the third was worse, and Degeneration I have yet to see, but heard I am not missing much.

- Mortal Kombat was decent, but the second was complete cow dookie.

- Street Fighter was terrific, mostly because I am biased towards JCVD and his wonderful acting skills. The new one, Chun Li Origins, was garbage.

- Super Mario Bros. was horrid.

- Doom sucked.

I don't know if there are any others, aside from the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter animated movies that I refuse to watch because I am assuming they are garbage.

gobstakid777
mario,any uwe boll film,and RE:extinction were the worst in my book
I really enjoyed doom,wasn't a great adaptation,but was a great movie

Smallville
I always thought that Legend of Zelda, if done right, would be interesting to see.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smallville

and Degeneration I have yet to see, but heard I am not missing much.

Don't know where you've heard that.....

Myth
You enjoyed Doom?

I said 'some' level of enjoyment. Never said it was great. I also don't fall in the category of people that need the movie to be true to the video game.

Quincy
Originally posted by Smallville
I don't know if there are any others, aside from the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter animated movies that I refuse to watch because I am assuming they are garbage.

The animated Street Fighter movies are not garbage. They are ****ing awesome.

Kazenji
Agreed, they're alot better then the live action attempts.

First_Tsurugi06
^The SFIV animated movie really wasn't all that great though. I won't call it as bad as any of the live action SF films, but in the category of animated SF films, SFII still takes the cake as my favorite, and SFIV did nothing to hinder that.

Anyway, I may as well bring up DoA, having not seen it elsewhere in this thread. Thing of it is that I find the DoA games to be no better than this film.

LoneUnknown
I didn't care much for Doom and The Rock didn't help matters. I fell asleep half way through it.

gobstakid777
how could i forget
max payne

Kotor3
Originally posted by gobstakid777
doom was pretty good
Agreed for a movie translation. If we want to talk about destroying a story and the characters that would definitely be Resident Evil movies.

NemeBro
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
^The SFIV animated movie really wasn't all that great though. I won't call it as bad as any of the live action SF films, but in the category of animated SF films, SFII still takes the cake as my favorite, and SFIV did nothing to hinder that.

Anyway, I may as well bring up DoA, having not seen it elsewhere in this thread. Thing of it is that I find the DoA games to be no better than this film. Whoa now, the first SF movie was completely redeemed for this one line:

Chun Li: "You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces."

M. Bison: "I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it."

Chun Li: "You don't remember?"

M. Bison: "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was...Tuesday."

Darth Jello
Would Ecks Vs. Sever technically be a video game movie?

K.Diddy
no expression Street Fighter

Ladyluck
Bloodrayne and Doom.

K.Diddy
no expression Mortal Kombat

EvilAngel
Doom. And to a lesser extent Silent Hill.

But seriously, how can you fudge up doom? =( If you don't know what to do, record someone playing the game for an hour and a half, that would be atleast better than the tripe they made.

SnakeEyes
I don't understand how people can say Silent Hill was one of the worst videogame-movies. It had beautiful cinematography, adequate acting and surely a few other noteworthy qualities. Was it a good movie per se? No, not really, but definitely not one of the worst.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I don't understand how people can say Silent Hill was one of the worst videogame-movies. It had beautiful cinematography, adequate acting and surely a few other noteworthy qualities. Was it a good movie per se? No, not really, but definitely not one of the worst.

As far as movies go it was decent, i agree. But compare it to the games..... it looses points majorly from my point of view.

The games are (well were at the time) the stuff of legends, well before their time, but the movie is.... allot more mediocre. It wasn't really scarey when the games were terrifying. That's all.

I think if you want to turn a game like that into a movie you should really have a powerful idea before hand. Which it really didn't feel like when seeing it.

Nemesis X
Silent Hill is bad. Even though the creature designs and the graphics looked good, the whole plot on that movie is as ugly as its inhabitants.

House of the Dead. Why Uwe Boll adapted an old rail shooting game into a horrid movie is beyond me and no matter how many brains are consumed, Uwe will never get enough intelligence to make a movie even decent.

AsbestosFlaygon
Silent Hill wasn't really that bad.. It surely isn't the worst video game based movie.

Now, Street Fighter.... Ack! That was God-awful!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Silent Hill wasn't really that bad.. It surely isn't the worst video game based movie.

Now, Street Fighter.... Ack! That was God-awful!

Well it is bad but I guess it shouldn't count as one of the worst videogame based movies out there.

Live action street fighter movies...oh man they suck so badly. Every actor in there looks like a bad cosplayer. Fighting sucks and the acting sucks. Why they let an old fart from desperate housewives play Bison in Legend of Chun Li is beyond me.

Blinky
The Resident Evil movies were so f*cking horrible.

wakkawakkawakka
Bloodrayne and Street Fighters:the legend of Chun Li

What made the directors make these movies. I can honestly say I've seen fight scenes from the "Boondocks" better than the best fight scenes in both movies.

Nemesis X
Resident Evil Afterlife.

marwash22
Legend of Chunk Li wasn't even a bad movie, so there's no way it could possibly be the worst video game movie... the only thing bad about the movie was Chris Klein.

Silent Hill didn't have shit to do with the game, but it wasn't horrible.

Street Fighter (the Van Damme movie) was horrible; that would be my pick; that, or BloodeRayne, but that doesn't even count 'cause it's an Uwe Boll movie so it was destined to be awful.

the ninjak
Max
Payne

MildPossession
Silent Hill is definitely not bad. It might not follow the games at all(I've never played fully) but it IS still a good film on its own.

I've played the first game that was ever released, not completed, but played and the atmosphere in that game was the same in the film for me, they got that over well.

The creature effects were excellent also, especially as there was hardly any CGI used on them.

§P0oONY
Doom was pretty shitty. FFVII: AC is another which I didn't like at all, no substance.

the ninjak
Advent Children rocked! What more could you ask for in a film adaption? ........well besides the lack of summoning.

BruceSkywalker
Bloodrayne, Legend of Chun Li.. Silent Hill.. Doom

0mega Spawn
i actually liked doom

RE: Blaxican
I'd agree with Advent Children, movie was boring as ****.

Resident Evil 2-4 are pretty bad. Doom...

NemeBro
Originally posted by marwash22
Street Fighter (the Van Damme movie) was horrible Bullshit!

Raul Julia's portrayal of M. Bison was pure gold.

OF COURSE!

Nephthys
Dungeon Siege. Ick.

Rogue Jedi
Both Bloodrayne movies.

Nemesis X
Why do people hate Advent Children? I find the movie's soundtracks and fight scenes to be awesome.

Nephthys
It was okay. Not good, not bad. Meh.

rimmy8788
I think it is resident evil:extinction is worst. But resident evil:afterlife is the best.

Kazenji
They're both shit rimmy

i'm guessing you have'nt played the games.

Placidity
Kazenji, why are you replying to a spammer?

I don't know what their deal is. A few months ago, their location would've said China, but they got shut down pretty quickly for their lack of subtlety.

Now a bunch of them have cropped up over the last few weeks, all from Australia. Maybe the spammers are playing it a little smarter this time.

Also, I mean spammer as in trying to sneak in advertising types.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
i actually liked doom

So did I, I thought it excellent. It moved at a decent pace and the action was good. I mean it's a adaptation of a FPS, what do people want, Oscar-winning dialogue/plot?

For me , out of the ones I've see the worst has got to be Street Fighter- guilty pleasure it may be- but nevertheless a ridiculous film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
So did I, I thought it excellent. It moved at a decent pace and the action was good. I mean it's a adaptation of a FPS, what do people want, Oscar-winning dialogue/plot?

For me , out of the ones I've see the worst has got to be Street Fighter- guilty pleasure it may be- but nevertheless a ridiculous film. I skipped Doom.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I skipped Doom.

I saw on dvd and was very impressed, the mood is spot on, characters are fleshed out alright and actor performances are good too. There is at least one stand-out part which was quite scary to me but I'll let you find out for yourself.

Karl Urban was very good in this, I hope he re-ignites Judge Dredd, which I will be going to see when its out.

ADarksideJedi
Doom

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I saw on dvd and was very impressed, the mood is spot on, characters are fleshed out alright and actor performances are good too. There is at least one stand-out part which was quite scary to me but I'll let you find out for yourself.

Yeah....but they changed the oriign of the monsters genetic mutations and the original idea was demons from hell.

jinXed by JaNx
Excluding the obvious, Uwe Boll movies i'd say the following titles are all contenders...,Doom, Wing Commander, Chun-Li and resident evil; afterlife.

Lord Shadow Z
Yeah....but they changed the oriign of the monsters genetic mutations and the original idea was demons from hell.

It wasn't that big of a deal to change that. Perhaps the concept of demons wouldn't have allowed them to structure a plot around anything, and the origin of the creatures would be too vague to make anything substantial. The genetic mutation gave the film a plot to work around and in any case its all about perspective in the end.

The film views the creatures from a scientific perspective but that doesn't change the possibilty that they could still be demons, or even a demonic mutation.

steverules_2
There were no hints or anything suggesting that they were possibly demons though...

It was just an extra chromo that made certain people change in a bad way and some a good way as seen. But there was nothing to suggest hell or demons of any kind.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by steverules_2
There were no hints or anything suggesting that they were possibly demons though...

It was just an extra chromo that made certain people change in a bad way and some a good way as seen. But there was nothing to suggest hell or demons of any kind.

But the creatures in the game were hardly demons either, as they could be killed with pistols, shotguns ,miniguns etc. That doesn't fit with the concept of demons, also considering that several of the creatures you faced in the game had some cybernetic aspect to them, not very demonic either... more science-fiction/horror like. Like the movie.

You've just said it yourself 'made certain people change in a bad way' that to me would denote an evil force or presence. That way it could be construed as a demonic force/entity.

They weren't described as demons no, but there was that character who was fiercely religious, the one who kept cutting himself after cursing. Perhaps he saw them as demons, I can't remember but he maybe he was like that as a sort of 'nod' to the possibility of them being perceived as demons.

Dr Mystery
There are a lot, but I have to vote for Mario Bros.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Excluding the obvious, Uwe Boll movies i'd say the following titles are all contenders...,Doom, Wing Commander, Chun-Li and resident evil; afterlife. Yeah, Wing Commander, yeesh.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
There are a lot, but I have to vote for Mario Bros.

embarrasment Thats always been a guilty pleasure of mine

Bouboumaster
Mario Bros, hands down

Pig Newtons
Double Dragon (I Know I'm not the only one who's seen it, lol)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Dead or Alive
Bloodrayne

the ninjak
I enjoyed MK: Annihilation. And DOA was hot stupid fun.
And Kristina Loken in the jail scene redeemed Bloodrayne.

My worst are House of the Dead and Streetfighter....the film that killed Raul Julia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.