Dragon Age:Origins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Anyone else seen this? Looks pretty good and their heralding it as the 'spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate' which gets my attention right away. I don't think that it will be as good as BG (3 reasons: Minsc, Tiax and Xzar) but anything in that direction is great. I've checked it out and it does look to be quite close to BG and I have to say that I'm impressed so far. The previewer seem to be interested too, or at least all the major ones.

Thought's? Ideas? Orgy? Speculation?

KingD19
It's made by Bioware, it wins.

ThunderGodEneru
I did some quick research on this game.

It actually looks pretty cool IMO.

KingD19
Any game made by BIOWARE is automatically cool, and a best seller, and automatic candidate for at least 4 game awards.

Smasandian
I heard that instead of choosing background stories like Mass Effect did, which was pretty damn cool, you get to play an origin story and the choices you make in that portion of the game is what you will be in the main game.

That is awesome. Reading a preview from PC Gamer, it was a damn interesting story. As a dwarf prince, there is like some sort of betrayal from your brother and stuff for the throne. Its sounds pretty cool.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Smasandian
I heard that instead of choosing background stories like Mass Effect did, which was pretty damn cool, you get to play an origin story and the choices you make in that portion of the game is what you will be in the main game.

That is awesome. Reading a preview from PC Gamer, it was a damn interesting story. As a dwarf prince, there is like some sort of betrayal from your brother and stuff for the throne. Its sounds pretty cool. Yeah, that is the coolest aspect so far.

This vid shows some pretty goodin-game combat as well IMO.

J87euafZzzI

KingD19
Yeah, this time around, the start is determined on what you choose, then your choices determine your character and abilities and such, like Rise of the Argonauts, KOTOR 1 & 2, and inFamous. Like you said, the Dwarf Prince would start out in the castle, but if you were a common Dwarf, you would start out on the street. And your actions effect the world, like you might kill someone in a bar fight, who was destined to be the next king of their country, but now that they're dead, there will be a power struggle, etc...

And the in game combat is real time, with tactical pause, and it's party based, that game will rock your socks.

Morridini
Already a thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=488205

Nephthys
Shit. cryfox

Why didn't it come up when I searched? This'll put a damper on my whole day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.